LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The card pops right off the back of the case easily. Much simpler than last year where they would be confused when you gave them an empty plastic case and explain it's a gift card.

[quote name='salty tbone']The card pops right off the back of the case easily. Much simpler than last year where they would be confused when you gave them an empty plastic case and explain it's a gift card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought the case is bigger too, and it's nice to store some small parts.

Some of today's Amazon lightning deals seem like they could be LEGO...specifically, a few of the Star Wars ones, a Spongebob set, and maybe the creator cabin.

[quote name='elsnerma']Some of today's Amazon lightning deals seem like they could be LEGO...specifically, a few of the Star Wars ones, a Spongebob set, and maybe the creator cabin.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

4:00 PM PST
"Ambush the scout trooper from the treetop hideout"

Ewok Attack, I'm sure.

Edit: First Lego deal was Battle of Naboo and it went from available to waitlist in about 20 seconds. It was only $19.99, though, so it wasn't even a spectacular price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Log Cabin was $19.99 for the 9am PST deal. I've been wanting the cabin for a while so I jumped on that one; nice rebound after that awful Phantom Menace set. A mess of those horrible droid figures and two equally horrible Gungan minifigs... pass.

I'm thinking, if the Lego trend continues, maybe Freeco Speeder at 11am, Spongebob at 1pm (like elsnerma said), and Star Wars again at 3pm (one of the bounty hunter ships, the droid tri-fighter, or the mandalorian battle pack). Definitely Ewok Attack at 4pm.

Today's Amazon Lightening Deals are terrible. 20% off? The Freeco Speeder for $19?

Unfortunately they've got me trained to immediately add ANY LEGO deal to my cart the second the deal goes live.

Those Amazon LEGO deals today were pretty lame compared to the 50% off Indiana Jones and Creator ones 1 or 2 years back. Of course, those were after Thanksgiving as I recall whereas these are more like pre-BF deals. Hopefully they will get better. Did anyone notice today that they jacked up the original Ewok Attack price to 29.99 so that they appeared to be taking "33% off" with the 19.99 price? I didn't purchase anything today, although it was good practice for my "trigger finger". I actually wasn't as fast as I thought I was on the log cabin: I hit the button instantly and was still immediately placed at #54 on the wait list. That one was an okay deal, but I will easily be able to pick it up at 40% off or more by year's end, based on previous years' Creator sales.

[quote name='cassidyarch']I was practicing my trigger finger and ended up buying that stupid ewok set.[/QUOTE]

AHAHAHAHHAHA.

For those who didn't get that log cabin, or cottage...whatever it was, TRU will have it on sale again for same price as Amazon.

Btw, has anyone seen new Lego sets at the Lego store? Or is TRU pretty much my only option for the new Dino, Hero Factory, Racer legos?

I messed up by showing my kid the link Bigdaddy put up for new sets...now he's expecting Santa to bring all the new ones....sheeeit.

Tru has star wars Sets for 40% off with a coupon. But it's on pretty much just the battle packs. Making them $9. I do like the Hoth sets.

Lego shop@home canceled my dragon battle set that is now discontinued :(

Had to order from tru which ended up being cheaper haha

I will get a Xmas tree with tru

I did find out over my life that I had earned 1315 of VIP points. Those double point sales really help.

I have about 400 VIP yet to redeem for the Joust set

Wonder if they will do a dbl/free ship option again before Xmas?

Howdy folks!

Is anybody in here interested in trading mini figures? I have a couple I want from earlier series and have a whole bunch of extras from series 5. Reply or PM me if you're interested. :)

[quote name='spicychicken']Howdy folks!

Is anybody in here interested in trading mini figures? I have a couple I want from earlier series and have a whole bunch of extras from series 5. Reply or PM me if you're interested. :)[/QUOTE]

No one is going to trade 1:1.

I read this one site, that frankly isn't that good. The site just brags about how "their" rumours are always right, and the first to get info on the rumoured Friends and Dino sets and blah blah. :lol:

Anyways they are claiming that there is a new "rumoured" theme coming out based on famous Halloween monsters, werewolves and vampires and such. We shall see because I'd love that. I think it would make more sense just to do one Halloween set a year, like LEGO does with Christmas.

Also the Creator Hillside house is only $42.50 right now from TRU. It has 712 pieces or somethnig like that.

Did anyone get notification of the BOGO 50% off Lego TRU sale today? I just found out it's on right now, but of course both the modular buildings are out of stock.

[quote name='spicychicken']Any reason why people wouldn't want to trade 1:1? Just curious, I never really tried before.[/QUOTE]

Rarity of series 1 and 2.

Things didn't pick up till 3 and 4 ultimately making 1 and 2 slightly more than just 1:1.

lol.... Even asking for series 1 minifigs for series 5 is pretty ridiculous, it's like saying "I have a turd sandwich but I'll trade you for your meatball sub."

TRU B1G1 50% off and spend enough and tack on 15 off with: HOLIDAY2011

I just couldn't find anything... but I figured I'd get the Black pearl, and the creator cabin. I managed to get on shop runner for the year free, so 2nd day shipping.

sure not the best deal, but I just couldn't find anything else I want.

Dino 2011 turns me off It's like World racers meet big plastic animals.

The new power rangers (Ninjago) just don't thrill me to have more vehicles.... I'll get the barge boat, but that won't be till after xmas I bet.

I wish the Winter Post office was in. TRU pulled alot of sets off the list.

I hate to say it, but I'm liking the look of the new NinjaGo sets. I've never bought NinjaGo before. But those vehicles (the blue jet, green chopper, red cycle etc.) look like they have good pieces--and in the $20 range. I like it when LEGO does large runs of $20 sets (like EXO Force.)

Plus I have to get some of those Kendo mask dudes. And the snake villains would go well in a Dark Souls MOC (Sen's Fortress!)

I do wish the DINO vehicles were better (or at least in a rare color, like dark green or something.)

I wish LEGO had waited on the Dinosaur line until Jurassic Park IV comes out and simply licensed that ... or better yet, have released a Jurassic Park line in coordination with the Blu-ray release paying homage to the original film. I'd love a Jurassic Park LEGO jeep or visitor's center playset with T-Rex and Raptors.

I got some VIP Club offers in my email for today only, all with free shipping

$49 purchase = free shipping

$99 purchase = free shipping + christmas set

$149 purchase = free shipping + 10% off your order

Guess I'll just use my 10% coupon at the Lego store.

[quote name='etcrane']I wish LEGO had waited on the Dinosaur line until Jurassic Park IV comes out and simply licensed that ... or better yet, have released a Jurassic Park line in coordination with the Blu-ray release paying homage to the original film. I'd love a Jurassic Park LEGO jeep or visitor's center playset with T-Rex and Raptors.[/QUOTE]

They've done Jurassic Park before, just not very well. Here and here

It'd be great to see them do it right.

[quote name='cassidyarch']They've done Jurassic Park before, just not very well. Here and here

It'd be great to see them do it right.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about those sets. I can't imagine what the price of the current dino sets would be if they carried a license.

Got two sets from Barnes and Nobles B&M today with 40% off coupon (can be found in emails or on SD).

Hogwarts Express $51.47
and
Queen Anne's Revenge $77.21 (took the second to last one left in San Diego, from what we can tell)

(well, actually less, because I used my B&N credit card for 5% rebate on statement)

I still remember seeing those Jurassic Park III Lego sets in stores and thinking 'What the hell?' because they had this weird meta-story going on where it couldn't just be Jurassic Park sets but it was the filming of scenes from Jurassic Park in the Studios line. Because little kids really aren't going to just buy a set with FREAKING dinosaurs in them, they need to bizarre cameramen figures to have a reason to play ;)

Ha - blast from the past. I remember buying that JP3 Spinosaurus Attack on 75% Target clearance back in the day. I didn't realize they only made 2 sets in that line. I wonder if its worth anything now, 10 years later?

I got a great deal today due to a TRU computer glitch. For ~$70 I got the Ninjago Fire Temple, a Minifigure display case, and a $10 gift card! :cool:

I got a great deal today due to a TRU computer glitch. For ~$70 I got the Ninjago Fire Temple, a Minifigure display case, and a $10 gift card! :cool:[/QUOTE]

anymore details??? how?

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Is the BOGO 50% of Lego sale at TRU in-store only or is it online too? I'm not seeing anything online.[/QUOTE]It was online only and ended sometime last night. I missed it as well. After I finally decided to pull the trigger on some Xmas presents, the promo was over.

[quote name='scp89']
[quote name='Zepp-Head']
I got a great deal today due to a TRU computer glitch. For ~$70 I got the Ninjago Fire Temple, a Minifigure display case, and a $10 gift card! :cool:[/QUOTE]

anymore details??? how?[/QUOTE]

I didn't post details because I figured it was a one-time goofup on TRU's part. Basically their faulty computer system gave me an extra discount on the Temple. It charged me the 89.99, added in the free display case, accepted the coupon (spend over $75 and get a $10 gift card), then an additional discount was taken off at the end for some reason. The cashier seemed baffled too. I got the last Temple in the store too, so anyone behind me in line watching my savings would have been SOL if they went back to get one of their own .

It is definitely that time of year again. A month ago I could walk in and casually browse the LEGO aisle and maybe see an employee or another customer in the area (or in the entire store for that matter). Now I can barely even make it into the aisle without maneuvering through an obstacle course of carts, parents, kids, and the dreaded Elderly Blockage:
IMG_8662.jpg

[quote name='grendel19']It was online only and ended sometime last night. I missed it as well. After I finally decided to pull the trigger on some Xmas presents, the promo was over.[/QUOTE]

According to prim444, there's another BOGO @ TRU coming next week...

[quote name='etcrane']Saw this at Barnes & Noble today ... was so tempted ... but I resisted. It's $30

boba-fett-clock.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Use the 40% off coupon to get for $18.

Read online that B&N will have toys 50% off on BF.....that minifig clock looks tempting, but not for $18. 15.00 and maybe. :)

And do they still have the promo...buy 100 gc, get 10.00 back??

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Does anyone know if the 40% in-store only discount coupon from Barnes and Noble works for Lego? Here is the link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email...c=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-tWsI2R5jHvk-_-10:1[/QUOTE]

Worked for me... Posted about it a page back.

The 50% off one for Black Friday shouldn't work with Legos, however. Gonna use that one on a board game, probably.

Edit: My phone butchered my post.

toysnbricks site is down... hacked?

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User legorus1_albert already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

^ I saw that too. On my day off of all days! :lol:

The 40% off coupon can be used many times too. I plan on going to two different stores tomorrow to get a few sets without the idiot employees bitching. :lol:

Saw all the new Ninjago and Dino sets in a TRU store. Would like to get a couple of the cheaper Dino sets so that "Santa" can get Legos that aren't even out yet!

Just saw that these and other sets are BOGO50%off at TRU.com...$49 and over gets free shipping.

Can anyone explain to me why TRU is now randomly starting the BOGO 50% sales?

The email I got said the sale will be on the 22nd and 23rd. When I checked earlier today there was no sale, and now it's in progress and the Pet Shop is gone already.

the barnes and noble black friday sale anyone have any details? do you need a coupon for the 50% off or what??? is it confirmed that it won't work for legos? no matter - the youngest wants a leapster leappad not that I'll find one but I'll try still...

I've noticed that the online sales always start earlier than stated in the email. I guess because the website people aren't around at midnight, so they do the changes to the site before they go home for the day? Anyway, because of this I've been checking their site all day and there was only one Pet Shop in stock this morning. It was already gone around noon, well before the BOGO50 started. Apparently someone just wanted to buy one even without a sale. OR: some people have theorized that TRU.com makes the expensive sets "Out of Stock" right before a BOGO starts. That may be true, but not always because once I almost BOGOed 2 "in stock" Death Stars, but shipping was not free at the time and soured the deal for me.

[quote name='DillDough']Can anyone explain to me why TRU is now randomly starting the BOGO 50% sales?

The email I got said the sale will be on the 22nd and 23rd. When I checked earlier today there was no sale, and now it's in progress and the Pet Shop is gone already.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back