LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bigdaddy']I learned long ago that the shit I hear in LEGO Stores from the people shopping, or working there is a bunch of crap. :lol:

If anything wouldn't it make sense to make the sets for 2015?

People don't like the new Friends line because pink is now a stereotype. The set this video shows over and over has about 5 pink pieces....

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/not-happy-line-lego-girls-171858897.html[/QUOTE]
I cannot tell you how much shit I've gotten from customers in just the last week over there not being a line "for girls." One went so far as to give me a horrible mystery shopper review in part because I didn't know the exact drop date for Friends and instead took her to the Creator houses. Make up your fucking minds, society. You can't have it both ways.

Exactly. I worked at TRU and every day a few people would come in and ask why there aren't sets for girls. I told them to buy brick buckets and they got all pissy. And I worked at night, so the store was open for like an hour when I was there.

We have the people who want girly things and then there are the other ones who bitch once they get girly things because the things are too girly. It's insane.

But what really gets me is the series doesn't even have that much pink in it! Paradisa had 10 times more pink nearly 20 years ago.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
We have the people who want girly things and then there are the other ones who bitch once they get girly things because the things are too girly. It's insane.

But what really gets me is the series doesn't even have that much pink in it! Paradisa had 10 times more pink nearly 20 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Haha. And the minifigs for girls are the ugliest figs I've seen. There seems to be no way to make a beautiful looking female minifig.

Google offers has TRU gift card 10.00 for 20.00 right now......people say you can use it in store too.

For me, the LOTR license is a dream come true. That has been my wish ever since the movie trilogy was announced. My origin of interest in Castle/Kingdoms is because of LOTR. And now I will no longer have to pretend my dwarfs, elves, trolls, etc are from Middle Earth. They will be authentic! I'm ecstatic and thrilled. My coworkers are celebrating my birthday today, and this is the best present ever!

I'll be getting the Back to the Future sets too. (Another wishlist license.) I won't need to horde massive armies like in LOTR, so it will be much more affordable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm done with toysrus I stopped there after work tonight to see if they had finally gotten in super heroes. They had, but the dreaded TRU tax has been applied, to the point of outright gouging. Batwing was marked up $4 to $43.99 which is downright reasonable compared to the other markups. Batmobile , which they were out of, was marked $56.99, Lex Luthor Mech was marked up to $24.99, and finally, the single most offensive markup was Catwoman Batman which had been marked all the way up to $19.99. A $7 markup on a $13 set, fuck you TRU. These prices might have been reasonable given the buy 1 get 1 but they excluded Super Heroes this time around so I'll just wait its not like every retailer won't have them in about a month anyway...

Regarding parents who complain about no LEGO sets for girls: Who in the world decided that in order for a girl to play with them that they have to have pink pieces and doll-like minifigures? I have a friend whose 8-year-old daughter saved up her allowance for months to buy the Death Star, which she successfully built in a few weeks. My friend is so proud of her. I'm impressed too. That's the type of LEGO builder I hope my daughter grows up to be too. Gender-specific toys are for the birds IMHO.

I had the $18 mill in my cart along with the $3.50 Star Trek DVD. I went looking for cheap, but useful, filler and the mill sold out. Awesome little tower (the wheel is stupid) for $18. I would have used it as my holiday display.

Ok so I have some TRU gift cards and reward cash etc etc to spend - anyone know when some of these outrageous TRU Lego prices are going away so that I can get some actual deals on legos again with these? Is there some better sale I should be waiting for coming?

Also I'm reaching out to my fellow Lego CAG'rs to see if anyone can help - I'm looking for a Skylanders Whirlwind Target exclusive - my targets are out - if anyone finds one I'll gladly cover cost and shipping - PM me ( http://www.target.com/p/Skylanders-Spyro-s-Adventure-Whirlwind-Character-Only-at-Target/-/A-13742849 )

thanks

Picked up the new Blue Ninjago Polybag at Wal-mart today for $3.47. It's strange since it comes with the old style ninja outfit, but has the newer serpent motif for the target itself. It was nice to see the Blue ninja on the cheap as it was the only color we were missing.

Location was in a little display cardboard box in the middle of the LEGO aisle, it shared its box with white ninjas w/sword gliders and Christmas Wreaths.

41wQ889xWJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Didn't see this posted, so...

LEGO Imperial Shuttle at Amazon for $181.99. Use a MasterCard (the MC Promotion) and receive another $10 off, making it $171.99.

Even better than Black Friday, where Amazon had it for $198.00.

LEGO Imperial Shuttle

Good deal on Imperial shuttle....might have to buy.....need to say no....i should buy....i need to say no.....

The mill and the Bentley are back in stock...can't rem which one went out of stock. Just bought 2 of each, and bought some planetarium toy and used the 10.00 code for mastercard. Not bad.

[quote name='Kerig']Picked up the new Blue Ninjago Polybag at Wal-mart today for $3.47. It's strange since it comes with the old style ninja outfit, but has the newer serpent motif for the target itself. It was nice to see the Blue ninja on the cheap as it was the only color we were missing.

Location was in a little display cardboard box in the middle of the LEGO aisle, it shared its box with white ninjas w/sword gliders and Christmas Wreaths.

41wQ889xWJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's one of this years sets that never got released at Target. very good eye about the skeleton snake head. Lego was planning a head!

The Flying Dutchman is only $25. That's an awesome price for such a set.

Shoot, missed out on the Mill and Big Bentley.

But, I managed to score a POTC Black Pearl for half off at the Culver City Target, on clearance for $49.98 as previously reported. Worth checking your local Targets.

[quote name='dualedge2']Didn't see this posted, so...

LEGO Imperial Shuttle at Amazon for $181.99. Use a MasterCard (the MC Promotion) and receive another $10 off, making it $171.99.

LEGO Imperial Shuttle[/QUOTE]

Curses! I've been burned by the lightning deals far too many times this year. I'm not going in on them next year, I'll just wait...

[quote name='karkyco']Shoot, missed out on the Mill and Big Bentley.

But, I managed to score a POTC Black Pearl for half off at the Culver City Target, on clearance for $49.98 as previously reported. Worth checking your local Targets.[/QUOTE]

Lucky guys! I would definitely scoop that up. I'm not collecting that series, but that Black Pearl is sweet.

[quote name='dualedge2']Didn't see this posted, so...

LEGO Imperial Shuttle[/QUOTE]

you can sort of get an add'l *20* bucks off:

from slickdeals, note additional $10 off: Amazon offers $10 off $100 on Electronics & Toys + additional $10 off $50 in Future Savings on Electronics & Toys when you enter coupon code 82YNNB5U and use MasterCard as payment for your purchases from Amazon.com as the seller (no 3rd-party sellers)."

[quote name='aunt beast']sorry, i'm too lazy to back up & see if anyone else already posted this, but used the $10 off $19.95 barnes & noble coupon today to get the v-wing for 10 bucks:

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/139075_bn.jpg

it's good through the 24th, and my b&n, which is usually lego-anemic, had lots of $20-ish sets to choose from plus lego games.[/QUOTE]
I have used this a couple of times already. For anyone interested, getting 7187 Escape from Dragon Prison is a great buy for $10. The green knight is great, and helps to even out the Red vs. Green problem that Kingdoms has had.

And the pile of unbuilt Lego grows....

Grabbed another Ostrich Race, Jagged Jaws Reef, Gateway of the Squid, LEGO Champion, Skull Truck, and Kre-O Sentinel Prime for $92 after shipping and tax.

Btw, SOME of the stuff does qualify for the free shipping at $50 deal. Just not all of it. You have to check each item if you're going for that.

Thank you, yakkotank. 50% is my can't resist point for Star Wars sets that I would never buy at MSRP. I love the ostrich set, too, but I already have too many from Walmart clearance after last Christmas.

[quote name='bigdaddy']They reallY need free shipping. Speeder $9. Ochrides $7. Then it's $6 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Gotta get a Target Redcard. Free shipping and 5% off everything. I've had the debit card for more than a year and it's been wonderful.

[quote name='brotterr']bit on the hoth wampa cave and cad bane's speeder from the target.com clearance.[/QUOTE]

Those were the two I'm looking at too, but I think I'll skip. Thanks, yakkotank.

They don't seem to want to stack for me... what was your order of operations?

Ended up forsaking the extra $5, and got what I feel is a pretty nice haul for $79 after tax/shipping. Wampa Cave, Ostrich Race (x2), Jagged Jaws Reef, and Undersea Explorer (x2). Debated too long and missed out on Plo Koon's Starfighter. Oh well. Thanks for the info yakkotank & cutiepatootie!

[quote name='salty tbone']

Gotta get a Target Redcard. Free shipping and 5% off everything. I've had the debit card for more than a year and it's been wonderful.[/QUOTE]

Damn I wish I had one now. I would get two more ochrid races, the sw speeder and the weird mech Atlantis set.

Oh well. I'm trying to only spend $25 until the 28th. I have spent 7.20$ so far.

walmart has the marina (set #4644) for $29 with 97c shipping or free ship-to-store. msrp is 49.99.

pirate, sorry i wasn't around to answer your question - retailmenot had instructions for stacking the $5 and $7 codes at target.

i had the slave I in my cart for a long time (target - $50 with the extra $5 off) but opted not to pull the trigger due to the shipping. i have that $20 from mastercard burning a hole in my pocket. can't quite believe i cheaped out but hey, maybe it'll be a lego.com offer at half off .. a girl can dream.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Gateway of the Squid and Undersea Explorer, but I am to cheap to pay the shipping. I will probably break down and get them for my daughter though with Atlantis being discontinued. She has loved Atlantis since day 1 and she has every set, but 4 at this point. To bad you can't sign up for the red card onine to get free shipping...

I'm assuming the TARGET deals are online only? I would like the Hoth set, but OOS online. Just got into Legos with my kids

Grrr...it was in my cart after I realized I could add it, then it jumped out.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Atlantis Deep Sea Raider 7984 is 10.49 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P972BW

Found on SD.[/QUOTE]

Damn I bought one for $18 last month. I have just made three orders in the Last five days others I'd pick another one up. It's a great set, but a little small. Two sets together would make a very nice set. I'd suggest picking one up.

Two weird pick ups tonight - I found 30040 and 7802 on the shelf at my local target.

Something they discovered in the stockroom, I guess.

[quote name='Broseph']Two weird pick ups tonight - I found 30040 and 7802 on the shelf at my local target.

Something they discovered in the stockroom, I guess.[/QUOTE]

The Octopus set only went to a few targets.

I never seen them at mine.

As for the racers... Never seen any polys of those.

Nice find!

Toysnbricks have a video with the LotR sets.

They are shit, not "da shit" just shit. The big castle looks fine, but everything else is "ehh" and will be overpriced for the name.

Star Wars we get Jabba sets and Darth Maal as Santa so that's fun.

I agree. The LotR sets don't look all that great. The only one I will consider is the Attack on Weathertop. The rest of the sets look like it is all about the minifigures vs actual sets so why not just release minifigures alone...

[quote name='doubledown']I'm assuming the TARGET deals are online only? I would like the Hoth set, but OOS online. Just got into Legos with my kids

Grrr...it was in my cart after I realized I could add it, then it jumped out.[/QUOTE]

wampa's back in stock

[quote name='lordopus99']I agree. The LotR sets don't look all that great. The only one I will consider is the Attack on Weathertop. The rest of the sets look like it is all about the minifigures vs actual sets so why not just release minifigures alone...[/QUOTE]

Attack on Weathertop is a musthave just for the Ringwraiths. Helms Deep looks cool too and Mines of Moria might be alright but I can't tell what must of it is composed of because of the "Confidential" tag. Its pretty clear Gandalf's arrival was created just to be able to charge ~$5 for Gandalf's minifigure (as I'm assuming that's the only set that will have him in the first wave).

Overall, the line is a bit "meh" right now but I'd imagine it'll get better as none of those sets involved The Hobbit and isn't that pretty much the whole reason there's gonna be a LotR wave?

The new Star Wars sets though? Yuck. The Advent Calender is awesome, and if it does have Darth Maul Santa it'll be a must-have for me. Other than that , I love they're throwing another EU/The Old Republic set out there (Fury-Class Interceptor) and I might pick that up. The Jabba's Palace sets have TONS of minigfigures with them which means they're likely going to be horribly over-priced. Their "large ship" painfully shows how they've run out of ideas of sets to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back