LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a Wal-Mart in Denver and found a Burrows set, finally! Was thinking about going to another to pick up a Pyramid set and perhaps the Earth Defense HQ but opted to just get the Pyramid at this location. Luckily I found a Burrows set as well! Funny enough there is still a Prince of Persia set still there, the Fight for the Dagger at 25. I wasn't interested in it though.

I keep on missing the City of Atlantis and Portal of Atlantis deals. Since my daughter loves the series I have been grabbing every set I could since they announced its being discontinued. As of right now those are the last 2 sets we need to pick up.

[quote name='kjauburn']I keep on missing the City of Atlantis and Portal of Atlantis deals. Since my daughter loves the series I have been grabbing every set I could since they announced its being discontinued. As of right now those are the last 2 sets we need to pick up.[/QUOTE]

Wish I knew this I would of picked some up at my store before they sold out :(

[quote name='doubledown']anyone trade minifigures here? My daughter did not like the boxer or cavewoman. Just curious.[/QUOTE]

If you look in some of the more active member profiles in here there is a Lego Group you can find and set up a trade list.

I'm all set for series 6 though, I hope I can score another box!!!!

EDIT: @scp89, I found this pertaining skylanders

January:

Skylanders Single Pack with Cynder
Skylanders Single Pack with Double Trouble

Skylanders Empire of Ice Adventure Pack with Slam Bam

Skylanders Triple Pack F with Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']If you look in some of the more active member profiles in here there is a Lego Group you can find and set up a trade list.

January:

[/QUOTE]

much thanks for that info...

Found Police Chase and Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter at Walmart the other day.

I'm gonna go to my first monthly building event tomorrow. Luckily I have a 5 year old nephew I can use to get that LEGO cobra. How early should I show up for this kinda thing though?

is series 6 out?

[quote name='skiizim']If you look in some of the more active member profiles in here there is a Lego Group you can find and set up a trade list.

January:

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheHelix']Found Police Chase and Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter at Walmart the other day.

I'm gonna go to my first monthly building event tomorrow. Luckily I have a 5 year old nephew I can use to get that LEGO cobra. How early should I show up for this kinda thing though?[/QUOTE]

I guess they gave up trying to keep the minibuild themed to the month?

Kids and I try to get there early as the line at our store can get pretty long. How fast that line moves depends upon the complexity of the build which is something you don't know until you get there! One time we went later, like 30 minutes before it ended, and they still had plenty of sets left. Figures my kids start school and choir practice tomorrow so I'm saving gas this month.

[quote name='TheHelix']How early should I show up for this kinda thing though?[/QUOTE]
I don't know about other stores, but we start lining people up about an hour before the build starts. I left work around 4:15 last month, and there were easily 50 people in line already though at least half were probably parents. I think the cobra is supposed to relate to the new Ninjago stuff.

Scored an Atlantis Undersea Exploration HQ for $18.xx at my local K-Mart.. deals remain to be had there apparently.

Perhaps I am opening myself up to mockery amongst this (or any) group of LEGO enthusiasts, but after taking a closer looks at the Friends line it seems definitely interesting. Olivia's Workshop 3933 looks both interesting, and as though it has some very cool accessory additions (who doesn't need a LEGO power drill?). And the Treehouse 3065 seems like a really cool build. As a guy I would have never paid any attention to these sets, but having a 3 year old daughter this stuff has definitely caught my eye and seems way better than Belville. Hell, even without my daughter the treehouse seems really cool, and not horribly priced at 17.99. I am hoping to find some of these on sale soon so I can pick some up for her birthday at the end of February.

You're not alone; I, and a couple of my male coworkers, find some of the larger sets to be fairly interesting builds. Lots of unique colors in those sets. Not a fan of the new minifigs, but apparently TLG did a lot of research on what little girls want in their building sets and these new feminine figures w/ hair accessories are the result.

I saw a bunch of the smaller ones at that K-Mart earlier; all of them (probably 40 sets) were stocked backward, I guess the worker couldn't tell the difference between the front and back of the package.

Friends is a noticeable improvement over Bellville, in my opinion. I likely won't buy any until clearance, too, but hopefully the line does well for its intended market.

Maybe it'll be as good as Paradisa (Some of those sets were pretty nice, like Poolside Paradise). I don't really mind the minifigs for this line, am I crazy? I took a closer look and wow do some of these look better than some of the City buildings. Had the same complaint for Paradisa, heh.

Heh, the summer wave for Friends seems a bit better. And darnit, I forgot we're getting a few more construction sets for the summer wave...the mine looks kinda cool though

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter loves the Friends sets, she wanted me to buy her a set but after Christmas and her B-Day plus the crap load of Legos I recently purchased I told her we need to hold off. I read a review on EB and the unique pieces are good but as others mentioned I'm not a fan of the figs but my daughter likes them.

I stopped by walmart yesterday and the only clearance set I found was the Blacksmith Attack for $5. They had 4 smashed up boxes so I left them all.

These sales are great, but I can't control myself when I run into the clearance stuff! I'm kinda hoping I don't see series 6 for a while. I need time for my wallet to recover since I know I'll buy a lot of those.

Saw about 20 of Nuckal's ATV and a couple of Police Chases at a local Wal-Mart yesterday. Already have both so I passed.

Hopefully the FRIENDS stuff goes on clearance. My daughter sort of enjoyed the Belleville Horse Stable, but she is not really into LEGO's that much. She is only 5, so her likes change often.
I thought the Belleville set was way over-priced for what actually came with it.

[quote name='encendido5']I stopped by walmart yesterday and the only clearance set I found was the Blacksmith Attack for $5. They had 4 smashed up boxes so I left them all.[/QUOTE]

You are not alone. I've vistited several Wal-Marts during this clearance event and aside from the first day when I scored a bunch of untouched goodies, I've found that most of the sets still left now are either tampered with or beat to hell.
Another thing I've noticed - what's up with all the unsold Sensei Wu spinners? I can understand kids/collectors not wanting more skeleton ninjas, but Sensei Wu is pretty cool in my opinion. And his coolie hat is a rare part that seems like it would be desirable in multiples to collectors who want to build a historic Asian-themed MOC. I assume the other human ninja spinners disappeared well before Christmas because I haven't seen any anywhere since early December, other than a few overpriced ones at TRU.

P.S. - I'm on hold with Shop@Home right now and no James Taylor, but I've already listened to Frank Sinatra, the Beatles, Tony Bennett duet, Anne Murray, Traveling Wilburys, and ? Sigh...I give up - I'll try later.

I bought a few Sensei Wu spinners to get the golden katanas, but I left most of them behind when I was hitting up Wal-Marts for clearance stuff. I did clean them out of skeletons (one of whom also comes with the coolie hat) and Garmadons for my fantasy setting stuff.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Traveling Wilburys, and ? Sigh...I give up - I'll try later.[/QUOTE]
Just remember, where there's a Wilbury, there's a way.

I finally got through to the LEGO Shop. Let me just say that their customer service is one of the best, despite the long waits. They really went above and beyond this time! :D

A friend bought me the Green Lantern set. As a DC nerd, I am excited for the potential of the Super Heroes line. I hope they come out with some cool stuff. I can only imagine how quick I would hit up a Target if there was an Oa set with a bunch of GL figures, like Kilowag and Sinestro.

[quote name='skiizim']Lego catalog says Jan 9, so we can most likely expect them at TRU any day now.

Are there any upcoming sales prim4444?[/QUOTE]

seconded any TRU sales on legos coming up that I can use my rewards on etc...much appreciated ahead of time

Triple fail today.

There were 10 city advent calendars for 17.49 left at the LEGO store today. I was gonna get one but I was busy watching my nephew do pick a brick and when I went back for the calendars everyone bought them.

Then I go in line for the cobra and it's freaking long. There were probably over 200 people in line, if not more. I heard it's 6 kids at a time and 10-15 minutes to build. Yikes.

Then I have a family emergency and have to pull out of line, and my nephew is pretty down. I hope that Battle for Geonosis set makes him feel better though.

Guess it averages out for all the successes I've had in the past, especially that $50 Black Pearl.

Noticed my local Walmart clearanced a lot more Legos at around 30% off. I'm pretty sure these are manual adjustments and not the national markdowns we've seen already.

[quote name='180husher']Noticed my local Walmart clearanced a lot more Legos at around 30% off. I'm pretty sure these are manual adjustments and not the national markdowns we've seen already.[/QUOTE]

A few people on toysnbricks have mentioned seeing more sets market down, including the POTC ships. I stopped by a Walmart last night and nothing new was discounted. Also found that everything was picked clean except for a bunch of spinners and that PQ snake set.

[quote name='TheHelix']Triple fail today.

Then I go in line for the cobra and it's freaking long. ThAere were probably over 200 people in line, if not more. I heard it's 6 kids at a time and 10-15 minutes to build. Yikes.

Then I have a family emergency and have to pull out of line, and my nephew is pretty down. I hope that Battle for Geonosis set makes him feel.[/QUOTE]

If you went yesterday you probably ran into the free monthly build for kids. It is the first Tuesday of the month and will have a huge line every time.

I was sick most of last week so I probably missed most of the good deals at the stores that aren't real close to me, but I did make it out last night to make a round. I found 2 Wal Marts (out of 4 that I checked) that had additional sets marked down. The Bounty Hunter Gunship, Grievous Ship, and the $50 Harry Potter mini castle were all $35 at one store. At the other, all of the Alien Conquest sets were marked down (looked like 25%) and they also had a Creator Log Cabin set for $21 instead of the usual $30. I probably should have gone ahead and grabbed more than just Greivous Ship out of all that.

1 Wal Mart still had a Hoth Rebel Battle Pack so I grabbed it and their last PQ set with the plane and the flying mummies ($7.50). For the Wal Mart stuff, I have still been finding all of this in the LEGO isle (what's left of it) and not out with the other clearance stuff. No luck on the Black Pearl being discounted in the one store I found one. Then again that store still has a Space Police 3 Galactic Enforcer for full price.

Target had a few odds and ends at various mark downs, but I did find a White Cap Bay for $40 so I grabbed it.

Overall not as good as my haul the day after Christmas.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Out of curiosity, how much was the grievous ship?[/QUOTE]

i believe it was $35. creator cabin and pq flying mummy set were both still full price at my store. i think they are getting sets returned that they may not have had before. because other than the star wars sets, there were only one or two of each set in the whole isle.

checked my better walmart today & no new discounts but still quite a bit of stock left and a whole new section of blacksmith attack - at least 40 of them and they're clearanced at $4.90.

heading tomorrow for the walmart that had a billion hoth battlepacks last week. i regretted not picking a few up so hopefully they'll still be there. and if the gods are on my side, someone has returned a slave I or a MVR...

[quote name='aunt beast']if the gods are on my side, someone has returned a slave I or a MVR...[/QUOTE]
Someone returned a Tantive IV to my store last week. It's apparently on sale now for $105 (we've been out of them for a couple weeks), so I snatched it up for $79.xx after my discount and tax. Slave 1 would be great, but I think I can wait until the new desert skiff set to get my new Boba Fett minifig fix.

After seeing the new Tintin movie...I think I'm gonna buy a pirate ship, lol!

Picked up the Robber's Hideout, one of the Friends set and a PAB cup.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Does anyone know what days Walmart and Target drops their clearance stuff?[/QUOTE]

At Targets near me, toys drop on Thursdays. But not every Thursday. YMMV.

As far as Walmart, last year the clearance Lego never went past the original post-Christmas drop (for me at least). I remember checking on Battle of Alamuts at a distant Walmart into March until they finally disappeared. I was checking with a UPC in my wallet because I got tired of walking all the way to the back of the store.

Years before I remember the second drop happening in early February.

[quote name='scp89']seconded any TRU sales on legos coming up that I can use my rewards on etc...much appreciated ahead of time[/QUOTE]

$10 off purchase of $50 or more next week

so, lego group has tweeted that mill village raid will no longer be available.

"is it true your kingdoms set Mill Village Raid, will not be available from January 2012?"
"that is correct"

w t h? they say kingdoms line is continuing and "we just released joust set" but on shop.lego.com joust is the *only* kingdoms set available. they go on to say "The Medieval Market Village will continue through 2012."

my son got MVR for xmas (and i found it on sale 25% off - not terrible). i was really hoping to find it 50% off at walmart to add to my own castle collection, but assumed i'd have at *least* through next year to find it on sale.

[quote name='Pirate331']Someone returned a Tantive IV to my store last week. It's apparently on sale now for $105 (we've been out of them for a couple weeks), so I snatched it up for $79.xx after my discount and tax. Slave 1 would be great, but I think I can wait until the new desert skiff set to get my new Boba Fett minifig fix.[/QUOTE]

Lando Calrissian too!

One Walmart near me had none of the sets marked for clearance so they had a bunch of stuff. Picked up some sets for kids b-days later this year. I found a lone Star Wars Luke's Landspeeder (8092) shoved behind a bunch of stuff but it wasn't marked down. For some reason they also had Space Police Galactic Enforcer (5974) that scanned at 99.97 and looked really beaten up. I also found this old Bionicle set for $13.00.

I got a 20% off one item coupon from TRU good for tomorrow only. If they don't mark up the Friends sets over night I may pick up the Tree House. Curiosity is getting the best of me with that set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back