LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I just drop a shart load of money and $30 in gas hunting for the 50% off lego sets @ walmart. Selling the PS3 to fund these. Excited to build the Apple Tree House.

Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ
Kingdoms Blacksmith Attack
Kingdoms King's Carriage Ambush
NinjaGo Fire Temple
NinjaGo Earth Dragon Defense
Pharaoh's Quest Golden Staff Guardians
Pharaoh's Quest Flying Mummy Attack
Star Wars Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Snow Trooper Army Pack
Star Wars Hoth Wampa Cave
Star Wars Plo Koon's Starfighter
Star Wars Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle
Star Wars slave I
Creator Apple Tree House

[quote name='iflabs']Can't believe I just drop a shart load of money and $30 in gas hunting for the 50% off lego sets @ walmart. Selling the PS3 to fund these. Excited to build the Apple Tree House.[/QUOTE]
I find buying multiples is a better way to fund my LEGO habit than eliminating the PS3. The problem is then figuring out which ones I can bear to part with.

[quote name='Pirate331']Someone returned a Tantive IV to my store last week. It's apparently on sale now for $105 (we've been out of them for a couple weeks), so I snatched it up for $79.xx after my discount and tax. Slave 1 would be great, but I think I can wait until the new desert skiff set to get my new Boba Fett minifig fix.[/QUOTE]

Goodness I love when this happens. I picked up a returned Venator for $35 and the discontinued 7744 Police Station at the same price. I'm hoping someone will return a Green Grocer or Cafe Corner one day!

I picked up a Tantive during our "May the force..." sale last year. What a fantastic set! FYI, with our discount you can pick up a Battle of Endor for $60 if you guys still have them in stock.

I saw a 30% off Ninjago Fire Temple at Target (likely a return) for $84. I already got one at TRU for about $60ish, but getting another would be nice. Should I get it or risk waiting for another reduction? Today is the day of the next price drop, no? If so, its probably already been snatched up by all those Moms and dealers that haunt the Targets in my area. I've discussed them here before. I went on a Thursday last year and these ladies were all lined up outside of Target, some with 2 carts! And boy did they ever load up on toys! I scored a bunch of cheap 75% off LEGOs that day, because the ladies went straight for the "Clearance" aisle and skipped the endcaps where all the LEGOs were. Some were clearly dealers because they were buying multiples of the same board games and other stuff. Plus an employee at Fred Meyer once told me that there are known internet dealers from in and out of state that come down around Christmastime during sales and clearances and buy multiples of whatever is the "hot" toy for that season. This year it was LEGOs and LeapPads or Leapster Frogs...whatever they're called LOL.

I forgot to mention - I also scored an Ice Dragon, Hoth Rebel BP, and Droid Tri-Fighter at Walmart for $7.50, $5.50, and $12.50. I'm amazed that I'm still seeing clearance items on the shelf this late in the game. I assume some are returns, but there are some stores still stocked with full shelves of Nuckal's ATV and Cars clearance sets. That ATV must be a really shitty set I reckon. Then again, it also doesn't have the "buy-in-multiples-for-cool-parts-and-rare-minifigs" factor like other sets (City of Atlantis, anything Star Wars, Scorpion Pyramid, and MVR come to mind). Star Wars LEGO is just plain hot - other than my finds on my first day of checking during the Walmart clearance event (and occasional returned goodies), I've never seen any clearance SW sets since. Stores are wiped clean!

At a few of the walmarts near me they did something that I saw them do last year, too. They boxed up the stuff and sent it back to the manufacturer. It was not just lego, but a lot of other stuff they had a huge amount of left. I saw them doing it after xmas with the SW advent calendars and when I talked to one guy, he said they did it before xmas with a few things that had price cuts and still were not selling like the ice dragons & angler attacks. Most of them had been moved to a different section before thanksgiving and shortly after that they were gone and clearly not sold. If you did an inventory check, most still list it as in stock because it is boxed up somewhere in the back.

To check inventory of ice dragons at walmart...

Create a bookmark by putting this in as the url:

javascript:eek:penFindInStore(15257183)

Go to walmart.com and then use the bookmark.

[quote name='180husher']Those Ice Dragons were everywhere before xmas, and now, when Walmart puts them on clearance, I can't find a single one.[/QUOTE]

Found one of those Lego Brickmaster castle books at the Goodwill today. Great shape and the people hadn't even opened the bag of Lego, lol! I don't like the skeleton though...I'll add him to a group of extra minifigs I hope to trade off for a Luna Lovegood figure.

Went to TRU today to try to use my 20% off coupon and the 20% markup was in full effect for the new Ninjago and Friends sets. Needless to say I left with nothing.

At my local Target, they have placed all LEGO Friends in the middle of one of the doll aisles (aka a "pink" aisle). The sets seem to be getting positive comments from little girls. One comment I heard: "Oh look LEGO Friends for girls. How funny."

I checked Target today. Lots of Legos were only at 30% off MSRP. I've been seeing the Lego games at 50% off.

Clearance toys only price drop once a week, right?

I didn't see any Lego on clearance at my local Wally World. :(

My K-marts are all marked up way over retail--they haven't had any decent clearances for a good long while for me.

:(

Went to target and got all excited to see the PQ Pyramid on the 50% off shelf. Price scanned it to make sure but it was still only 30%. Boooooh.

[quote name='iflabs']Went to target and got all excited to see the PQ Pyramid on the 50% off shelf. Price scanned it to make sure but it was still only 30%. Boooooh.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me at walmart. Saw a lone banged up black pearl. full price. they did have the minifig lego clocks for $15.

Does anyone have a Village Mill Raid that they'd be interested in selling/trading?

I've got an extra Slave I and some other stuff

^ pm sent :)

I'm still finding random Wal-Mart deals - finally picked up Quiddich Match for only 9 bucks, and really that is all its worth IMO. Slave I still eludes me...
There really are a crapload of Black Pearls in most of the WM stores now. I forsee these going down to 50% off in the future. I picked up a Brickbeard's Bounty pirate ship for 50% off at WM a few years ago when they were overstocked on those.

Can you bargain with Walmart to get really old sets to 50%?

I saw a few of the space police sets and power miners that looks like they have been sitting on the shelves forever, but they're still priced near MSRP. Even the box is rotting.

Got an email from LEGO that they're bringing back "fan favorites" from the CMF line for a summer exclusive set...they're all from Series 3....and the lineup is the Elf, Cyborg, Gorilla, Mummy, and Fisherman...they also supposedly feature unique colored elements but all I noticed was that the Mummy now has a gold scorpion and the fisherman has a standard silver fish instead of the much rarer green fish he previously included.

Kinda pointless if you ask me.

[quote name='elsnerma']Got an email from LEGO that they're bringing back "fan favorites" from the CMF line for a summer exclusive set...they're all from Series 3....and the lineup is the Elf, Cyborg, Gorilla, Mummy, and Fisherman...they also supposedly feature unique colored elements but all I noticed was that the Mummy now has a gold scorpion and the fisherman has a standard silver fish instead of the much rarer green fish he previously included.

Kinda pointless if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what happened to this poll. I voted for the Zombie Minifig and was hoping it would win to see it featured in an exclusive set. And here I thought Series 3 was the least favorite among Lego enthusiasts. Either way, I'm excited to see these exclusive sets for VIP members!

Went to Target today to get some of the new Batman sets, local Walmart and TRU don't have these on the shelf yet.

Several Target employees were organizing the clearance shelves and I noticed a huge Star Wars box on the floor, 8098 Clone Turbo Tank for 50% off.

Only other clearance items I saw were various Ninjago, Atlantis, Cars at 15% to 30%, nothing special.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I was wondering what happened to this poll. I voted for the Zombie Minifig and was hoping it would win to see it featured in an exclusive set.[/QUOTE]
And my dreams of a zombie army are further crushed. One of my coworkers mentioned hearing this nonsense a couple weeks ago... WTF voted for all of those figures? I can understand the popularity of the elf and maybe the cyborg (still a stretch despite being awesome), but the other three are real head-scratchers.

I think what happened is LEGO picked the minifigures because I think the dine print talks about how LEGO has the final say. What a joke, good to save money. I mean the mummy really?

Lego probably found some extra aeries three and made up a contest around it.

Has anyone found any of the Alien Conquest sets for a significant discount at Target? I'm looking to grab an Earth Defense HQ for 50% off but I'm not sure if the set has been clearanced at Target yet. Seems like they've disappeared off most store shelves from what I can tell though.

[quote name='etcrane']Has anyone found any of the Alien Conquest sets for a significant discount at Target? I'm looking to grab an Earth Defense HQ for 50% off but I'm not sure if the set has been clearanced at Target yet. Seems like they've disappeared off most store shelves from what I can tell though.[/QUOTE]

They didn't survive xmas shoppers to even make it to clearance at any of the Targets around here. I got mine at Walmart for 50% so keep checking there.

I found a few at a Target a few weeks ago when things were only 30% off, did manage a White Cap Bay for 50% off. I found a Wal-Mart last week that had at least 3 of them but the online checker says they are all gone now.

Maybe there still out there, good luck!!!

Atlantis, Alien Conquest and Pharaoh's Quest are gone from all my Walmarts with the exception of the Jet Copter set and a few straggler Cursed Cobras. The second wave of Walmart discounts has been the most random I've ever seen even for Walmart. One store had Black Pearl reduced but not Queen Anne, another had it the other way around, and a third store had neither ship reduced but did have the London Escape marked down.

Target Lego clearance is gassed now that the 90% Christmas clearance has wiped out the polybags. I have no hope of finding any sets at 50% off.

Thanks to this thread I've been able to find some good deals. I miss the days when you could wait for stacks of Lego to drop to 75% off, but it's become so cutthroat that if I see a set I want at 50% off I grab it. Even waiting a day means it'll be gone. (Unless it's the Cursed Cobra Statue, apparently.)

It's really disheartening to see LEGO apparently discontinuing so many sets so soon...I'm used to sets sticking around for more than a year and a lot of sets that just came out less than 6 months ago seem to be discontinued.

Wishing I has picked up the Nuckal ATV for half off at Walmart when it was available since Dragonsuit Kai is the only first series Ninjago fig I'm missing. I may have to settle for paying a bit more to get the one on clearance at LEGO S@H.

Did find a poorly hidden Ice Dragon for $7.50 and a few more $3.40 spinners at another Walmart.

Made a two hour trip to a wallyworld located out in the farmlands....

But came back with Mill Village Raid, The Burrows, Angler attack, and Police Boat.

[quote name='elsnerma']

Wishing I has picked up the Nuckal ATV for half off at Walmart when it was available since Dragonsuit Kai is the only first series Ninjago fig I'm missing. I may have to settle for paying a bit more to get the one on clearance at LEGO S@H.

Did find a poorly hidden Ice Dragon for $7.50 and a few more $3.40 spinners at another Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that set available everywhere despite being on clearance? Do the ninjas get different designs with each set?

Stopped at Target on my way into work this afternoon and what do I find sitting on a clearance end cap? Kingdoms King's Castle

I had pretty much given up any hope of finding that thing for regular retail. Even though it was only 15% off there was no way I was gonna press my luck on further markdowns.

Prior to Christmas the only Kingdoms sets I had were the 2 small boxed sets (jester and wizard). Now I've got almost everything except Prison Tower Rescue, Knight's Showdown, and Outpost Attack. I still regret returning the Prison Tower Rescue I had found at Kmart a few months back but at the time I really didn't have the money to spend.

I'm disappointed Kingdoms is ending but I'm glad I've managed to pick almost everything up without having to pay higher than retail for anything.

[quote name='iflabs']Made a two hour trip to a wallyworld located out in the farmlands....[/QUOTE]
If I was still in central Missouri, I'm sure could clean up. Plenty of out of the way stores where I used live. Here, not so much.

Yesterday I found the tiny Alien Conquest Striker set for $2.50 - and even though it wasn't a great deal at $33 - I grabbed 8077 Atlantis Exploration HQ at the same Walmart.

A nearby Target has 8-10 of the smaller Ninjago sets with Japanese architecture - which I really like.

They had the Spinjutsu Dojo and something else - sort of an arena thing. Even at 15% off there just wasn't enough value for me to pull the trigger. Gonna risk waiting for the 50% drop.

There's a Fire Temple at that same Target. I'd buy the hell out of it if I could - but I just can't spend over a certain amount. My brain and sense of responsibility won't let me.

After March when my car is paid off - I'll go nuts.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Stopped at Target on my way into work this afternoon and what do I find sitting on a clearance end cap? Kingdoms King's Castle[/QUOTE]

I'm so mad at myself for not buying King's Castle at Barnes and Noble when they had the 40% off coupons.

[quote name='TheHelix']I'm so mad at myself for not buying King's Castle at Barnes and Noble when they had the 40% off coupons.[/QUOTE]

I was getting to the point where I was mad at myself for not picking the thing up even at regular retail price. It disappeared quick once it became known Kingdoms was being discontinued.

TRU was bare.

they had the 4 Dino sets that were out, about 1 of each except for 8 of the big one.

SW was trashed, they had maybe 4 kinds of sets left.

No City expect the power boat transport, no ninjago except the batman car.

DC heroes batcave and the DC bionicles.

That's it.

it was pathetic.

I was thinking of getting some Friends sets because of the sale but with it overpriced, and not included... I ended up getting some overpriced Dino... and now I'm sad.

The savings of $10, and spending $15 in rewards, the meager 28 bucks and I just got three sets.

Dino sets are outrageous, and TRU's pricing is just sickening. I hope that B&N will carry some in store so I can use a coupon and pick up one more.

bit on the sw hoth base since its an exclusive and finding it on clearance is going to suck. plus i had all these damn tru rewards to use up this week. at least they had the ten dollars off so it was under retail before i put $19 in rewards on it.

Finally got around to putting together the SW sets I got from the Target clearance. Really like them all. It amazes me sometimes how they come up with some of these great designs nowadays. I remember the sets from when I was a kid, and these are just light years away.

[quote name='grendel19']Are the TRU rewards stackable? This is the first time we've gotten any. We have two $5 that expires next Friday.[/QUOTE]

yeah they stack, just be careful about returning anything, you won't get that back.

Those who live near a Kroger store, my local store had Series 5 figs for 90 cents.
I'll label this a YMMV since I'm not familiar with Kroger's clearance schedule and whether they're the same at each store.

Unfortunately my store only had two left, a Sherlock Holmes and a British Guard. Wouldn't normally be my first choices, but for 90 cents I can't complain.

Picked up four Plo Koon Jedi Starfighters at 50% at an Orange County, CA Walmart. I actually checked this one last week and they had nothing left at clearance so this was a nice surprise.

I really hope the Black Pearl goes on clearance. They had at least 30+ of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back