LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local Target had a ton of LEGOs on clearance, but everything I interested in was at 30%. Gonna hold out hope some of the stuff survives, because there was plenty of good stuff.

hit the bad walmart this morning and found ice dragon for $7.50 and deep sea raider for $12.40. deep sea raider rang up for $14.xx but they honored the clearance tag on it. these must have both been returns; they weren't there last time. regular lego shelves were mostly empty, with a sad little display of new sets at one end including one friends set and one batman set.

found one target practice poly bag left at target - 34 cents. was surprised to find even one. not a harry potter in sight. picked up PofC fountain of youth there for $12.74 - wasn't marked. other PofC sets rang up full price. my target still has sets at 15% - ugh. tons of pyramids sitting there. no slave I, which i kick myself for not ordering when target.com had it half off - i balked at paying shipping. boo.

swung by meijer, where i evidently missed most of the action. a very banged-up SW advent rang up at 19.99 still. they had quite a few sets discounted at 25% (police dog, some creator cars, PQ, kingdoms carriage, smaller knight sets, etc.) - scanned some things to make sure the tags matched the scan price (they did) - nothing tempted me, and i'm guessing when it drops to 50% it'll all disappear in 5 minutes. they had tons of kings carriage, though, so i'll stop back by next week.

my tj maxx had a lot of sets this xmas at an anemic discount (15%?) - lots of prince of persia. ran in to check today and 90% of it was still sitting on the regular toy shelves with no further markdown yet - several of the PoP sets, a lone hero dropship, a ton of magikus games, a couple other games (the spaceship one), and some little cars sets. checked the toy clearance shelves and one clearanced magikus game for $5.00 and a PoP Quest Against Time for $30 - wah wah wahhhh. not much of a clearance yet. (msrp is $40) but if you have a tj maxx near you, might check to see what they've got.

Fred Meyer started marking their clearance today. Picked up:
Cars 2 8486 Mack's Team Truck $19.18
Star Wars 8085 Freeco Speeder $12
PoTC 4194 Whitecap Bay $38.38
AC 7065 Alien Mothership $28.78
Duplo Winnie's Picnic 5945 $4.77
Prices vary from store to store, and I am sure there are other sets on clearance (I passed on the World Racers Gator Swamp for ~$20). It seemed kind of random though, for example most PoTC were not clearanced, and other store I am sure have things this store was sold out of. I am hoping to check the other store in my area tonight.

[quote name='TheHelix']Anyone pick up Series 6 at the Lego store today? I would but I'm broke right now lol[/QUOTE]

I'm more interested to know if anyone has picked them up at any other stores...this is the first series that has had a concrete release date that has seemingly held true. Figured retailers like TRU or Target may have been waiting for today to put them on the shelves.

[quote name='aunt beast']my tj maxx had a lot of sets this xmas at an anemic discount (15%?) - lots of prince of persia. ran in to check today and 90% of it was still sitting on the regular toy shelves with no further markdown yet - several of the PoP sets, a lone hero dropship, a ton of magikus games, a couple other games (the spaceship one), and some little cars sets. checked the toy clearance shelves and one clearanced magikus game for $5.00 and a PoP Quest Against Time for $30 - wah wah wahhhh. not much of a clearance yet. (msrp is $40) but if you have a tj maxx near you, might check to see what they've got.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened when my TJ Maxx was still an AJ Wright last year (same company). They had a bunch of sets, but they were all at a paltry discount. Then, the store turned over, and the sets were gone.

[quote name='TheHelix']Anyone pick up Series 6 at the Lego store today? I would but I'm broke right now lol[/QUOTE]

I posted, last week, that Legostores put them out already. We had to pull them from our shelves this weekend because today was the official release date.

I felt out all 16 for my set and got some extras of the Bandit, Roman Soldier, Highlander and Minotaur. This Series kicks ass! FYI for everyone, Lady Liberty and the Butcher are extremely rare and generally a box will yield two of each.

I'm really glad to finally hear we've been the first to roll them out and hopefully the company continues to give us first "dibs" on future releases.

Got my 16 Series 6 today!

I skipped one or two figures that I didn't consider must-haves. Got 3 Robots and a second Roman - but otherwise no duplicates for me. I'll wait until this series shows up at stores that are little closer and I'll get a few duplicates of my favorites.

I hit two Targets and three Walmart while I was downtown and my only find was some Series 5 for $1.50. I got a few more Dwarves, Gladiators and Mobsters.

Wish I knew when the next Target drop will happen. If I can get a jump on it, I'm going to grab a couple of Spinjitsu Dojos for my Seven Samurai from Series 3. There was also a Fire Temple, but I expect that's long gone by now.

[quote name='ackbar7']Fred Meyer started marking their clearance today. Picked up:
Cars 2 8486 Mack's Team Truck $19.18
Star Wars 8085 Freeco Speeder $12
PoTC 4194 Whitecap Bay $38.38
AC 7065 Alien Mothership $28.78
Duplo Winnie's Picnic 5945 $4.77
Prices vary from store to store, and I am sure there are other sets on clearance (I passed on the World Racers Gator Swamp for ~$20). It seemed kind of random though, for example most PoTC were not clearanced, and other store I am sure have things this store was sold out of. I am hoping to check the other store in my area tonight.[/QUOTE]

Crap - before you posted, I was already planning on checking there today after work. I should have gone in the morning. Last year I scored some great deals there at this time of year. I went to 3 stores and they were cleaned out of just the clearance sets, except for the Duplos. I know because there were huge empty spaces on the shelf with a "Extra 40% off Clearance Toys" sticker hanging below. Each store had 4 wide empty spaces, big enough for larger sets - likely the Mothership and Whitecap were 2 of them, plus a Star Wars set - perhaps a Falcon? At the last store the toy lady said a guy who was a known internet reseller came earlier and bought multiples of everything. I assume he hit the other stores too. Don't you hate it when you're "deal chasing" behind someone else and only finding their leftover scraps? :cry:

On a positive note, I found a Flo's V8 Cafe for 50% off at Target. They also had lots of Bentley's Bust Out at 50% off, but I already got one at Wal-Mart weeks ago. And they shockingly agreed to price adjust my purchase for the small handful of HP Lab and Kingdoms Target Practice polys that I got last week! :cool:

Damn your Fred Meyers!!!! Mack's Team Truck is the only one I need from the first wave. My Targets have been a bust, they are still stuck at mainly 30% off, very few things have made it 50%. Maybe this week, stores really haven't been restocking anything either, they are taking there sweet time. Still awaiting the new wave of Skylanders and Marvel Universe figures.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Crap - before you posted, I was already planning on checking there today after work. I should have gone in the morning. Last year I scored some great deals there at this time of year. I went to 3 stores and they were cleaned out of just the clearance sets, except for the Duplos. I know because there were huge empty spaces on the shelf with a "Extra 40% off Clearance Toys" sticker hanging below. Each store had 4 wide empty spaces, big enough for larger sets - likely the Mothership and Whitecap were 2 of them, plus a Star Wars set - perhaps a Falcon? At the last store the toy lady said a guy who was a known internet reseller came earlier and bought multiples of everything. I assume he hit the other stores too. Don't you hate it when you're "deal chasing" behind someone else and only finding their leftover scraps? :cry:

On a positive note, I found a Flo's V8 Cafe for 50% off at Target. They also had lots of Bentley's Bust Out at 50% off, but I already got one at Wal-Mart weeks ago. And they shockingly agreed to price adjust my purchase for the small handful of HP Lab and Kingdoms Target Practice polys that I got last week! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Found a Falcon at the store I went to tonight, not clearanced but on sale for $100. That store was cleared out of everything except the PQ Cobra. Lots to empty spaces.
And Mack's truck was the one set I was happiest to find.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']And they shockingly agreed to price adjust my purchase for the small handful of HP Lab and Kingdoms Target Practice polys that I got last week! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yup, I also got my HP Lab polybags adjusted today to $.39 each, and found a couple more. 90% off Xmas clearance, if there's any left.

I have a couple stores that still have the Kingdoms Target Practice/apple tree set available, but they've been at $3.99 since they first arrived :cry:. Same with the Toy Story army men poly.

[quote name='skiizim']Still awaiting the new wave of Skylanders and Marvel Universe figures.[/QUOTE]

FYI there has been a lot of skylanders chit-chat on slickdeals the last day or so - might check there for deals/where to acquire.

[quote name='BoboTheBear']Picked up four Plo Koon Jedi Starfighters at 50% at an Orange County, CA Walmart. I actually checked this one last week and they had nothing left at clearance so this was a nice surprise.

I really hope the Black Pearl goes on clearance. They had at least 30+ of these.[/QUOTE]

Which Walmart?

Grabbed the Mountain Shrine at Walmart on my lunch break. Only $9.90. Must have been a return because it wasn't here a day or so ago - it shows signs of having been wrapped. Coming here every couple of days has been a pain but I've found a thing or two.

Now if I can get lucky at Target later this week with the Spinjitsu Dojos I'll have a nice Asian backdrop for my Samurai.

Almost completely struck out at my usual, "go-to" Target and Walmart (when it comes to clearance LEGOs). This Target, like my local one, had a ton of stuff, but all still at 30%. Found a Rise of the Sphinx for $25, tucked behind some other clearance junk at Walmart. Better than nothing.

Found a Space Police Smash'n'Grab set today at Wal-Mart for $9 ... set 5982. Very odd, but needless to say, I grabbed it.

The new modular, Town Hall, is up on Eurobricks. Looks pretty cool, not quite as cool as I had envisioned but still more interesting to me than the pet shop.

The new modular is really nice, but definitely not the most impressive we've seen. Hopefully the interior is really nice and they don't try to bump the price up more than $20.

Anyone up for a game of "most ridiculous TRU markup"? TRU has 4435 Car & Caravan for 27.99 which is a 40% markup over retail.

Oh wait, nevermind, I totally forgot about the Catwoman Catcycle set which, at $19.99, is nearly 54% more than retail price.

First impression of Town Hall is boring compared to most other modular buildings. The only other boring set is the Fire Brigade (in my opinion). I bet this will replace the Fire Brigade in the line up. Neither set is bad, but would make it my second to least favorite with the Fire Brigade the least.

[quote name='elsnerma']The new modular is really nice, but definitely not the most impressive we've seen. Hopefully the interior is really nice and they don't try to bump the price up more than $20.

Anyone up for a game of "most ridiculous TRU markup"? TRU has 4435 Car & Caravan for 27.99 which is a 40% markup over retail.

Oh wait, nevermind, I totally forgot about the Catwoman Catcycle set which, at $19.99, is nearly 54% more than retail price.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! And I thought Target charging $11.99 for the Catwoman Catcycle set was too much, LOL...

[quote name='elsnerma']The new modular is really nice, but definitely not the most impressive we've seen. Hopefully the interior is really nice and they don't try to bump the price up more than $20.

Oh wait, nevermind, I totally forgot about the Catwoman Catcycle set which, at $19.99, is nearly 54% more than retail price.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to believe, but you can't really expect anything different from TRU.

I can tell you the longest running markup is probably the TRU Lego truck. I got mine back in July of 2010 when it was $34.99. It went up to $49.99 for that Christmas and has been that price since.

Does anyone know if you get a free NinjaGo Booster pack in-store if you spend $75? I know it's a website offer but sometimes those deals are offered at the LEGO stores as well.

[quote name='etcrane']Does anyone know if you get a free NinjaGo Booster pack in-store if you spend $75? I know it's a website offer but sometimes those deals are offered at the LEGO stores as well.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you get it in store as well while supplies last.

[quote name='prim4444']It's hard to believe, but you can't really expect anything different from TRU.

I can tell you the longest running markup is probably the TRU Lego truck. I got mine back in July of 2010 when it was $34.99. It went up to $49.99 for that Christmas and has been that price since.[/QUOTE]
Actually, there were a few times during December that the TRU truck was $24.98.

As far as the Town Modular goes. I'm digging it for pieces. With the piece count, I hope the MSRP isn't that much higher than the previous ones.

[quote name='etcrane']The new modular, Town Hall, is up on Eurobricks. Looks pretty cool, not quite as cool as I had envisioned but still more interesting to me than the pet shop.[/QUOTE]

A few tweaks here and there, remove the bottom floor and you've got your Hill Valley Clock Tower for the Back to the Future theme.

Built the Mountain Shrine last night. Neat I dunno... "corner-centric design". I wish I had several of them. Naturally, I didn't know I liked these Ninjago structures until they were hard to get.

Swung by Target, got Slave 1 for $39.98, Hoth Wampa set for $19.98. They had tons more, but I'm gonna wait. Saw Apple Tree House for $27.xx, but I passed.

Yep, Target clearance is starting to get good. Got another Slave 1, Hoth, SW Advent $39.98/$19.98/$19.98, and a couple blacksmith attacks $4.98 each. Also, Kreo Megatron for $9.xx, Sentinel Prime $12.48, and a Ratchet $6.48. Going to hit up some more stores later.

Argh! Can't escape the clearance! Went to a Target on my lunch break from a class I'm taking for work and they were in the process of restickering the clearance stuff. Ended up getting some Halo Mega Bloks (Yes, boo hiss, not Lego but my roommate collects it) for 70%ish off as well as a ton of Lego at half to 70% off. Picked up the big Mummy and Atlantis sets, a bunch of half off SW stuff, and whatever Ramses games they had at 2.24 I think. Also grabbed a non-Lego Tauntaun in old style box for cheap.

My Targets and Walmarts have nothing left. :(

My TRU had ONE empty box of series 6 for 3.49. Who the hell gets one box? They still have 6 boxes of series 5 that are unopen.

Legos are too popular in my area. Clearance stuff @ Target gets cleaned out quick. I did manage to pick up a few Lego sets though :)

You guys are lucky to be living where you are. Today I discovered how badly Utah sucks when it comes to Target clearance. I think I just got lucky finding stuff at Wal-Mart because there are so many locations to pick from and I chose wisely. I have uncovered a "ring" of internet dealers that like to hit Utah Targets HARD when clearance hits 50% and 70% off. Moms and Dads and LEGO fans that are just looking to pick up a few deals have almost no chance at anything unless they are willing to be at the store right at opening and RUN back to the toy section. I've mentioned seeing the moms with 1-2 full carts of clearance toys on here before. But it turns out its MUCH worse and more competitive here than I thought. I never saw anything like this when I lived in Washington (I moved down here to Utah not too long ago for work reasons).

Here is what I saw at the 2 Targets I went to this morning: teams of 2-5 people working together, filling cart after cart with the entire clearance section. Just grabbing everything they could grab. At the first Target, I arrived only 3 minutes after opening and there were already 3 moms each with a full cart and a team of 3 others (later I figured out to be from an internet company - two employees and a boss). This "team" already had 15 carts full, plus Target employees had brought them about 20 more empties to fill. I was at this store 2 days ago and they still had 5 City Harbors. I wanted 1 so thats why I came to this store this morning. Well, this team already had 4 Harbors in their carts, along with all the other clearance LEGOs. I asked the woman if those were all her carts and she said yes, then I asked if I could possibly have one of her Harbors. She says, "ask him" and points towards a guy. So I did and he said "its not up to me, ask him". I assume the third man was the company owner. Before I asked "the boss" I saw a Harbor on the endcap City display, unstickered and apparently unnoticed by this dealer team, so I lucked out. While checking out, I inquired about the craziness back in the toy section. The cashier said "they are internet dealers that come every year and spend like $10000 on toys. That's their trailer out in the parking lot (HUGE trailer). There is nothing we can do about it to limit their quantites, clearance is a free-for-all. The manager doesn't really like their methods of leaving nothing for anyone else, but it clears out alot of stock for the store"
At the second Target I went to, there were 2 different internet dealer teams working, both also with tons of full carts of identical merchandise, and all the LEGOs of course. I actually asked one of the workers if she was a from an internet company and she said "yeah, we have 4 teams of 2 out working the other Targets today" Their trailer had Idaho plates. So they came all the way to another state just to get cheap toys in bulk? Doesn't the cost of gas eat into their profits? Not to mention having to pay the thuggish "cart guards" they hired. The "team" leaders I saw were all on cell phones, communicating with outside contacts, asking "is ______ (name of toy) good?" as in is this toy profitable enough to buy for resale?

What I am curious to know is if anyone else in any other state notices this kind of stuff going on at Targets across the country? Or is it just Utah?

^Really sorry to hear that your Targets are overrun with resellers. I noticed lots of moms piling clearance toys into their carts. I really need to wake up earlier on Target toy clearance drop days. I saw a City Space Center and City Harbor Transporter Truck last night, which was gone by 9 am today :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zepp-Head']
What I am curious to know is if anyone else in any other state notices this kind of stuff going on at Targets across the country? Or is it just Utah?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I've managed to run into resellers once (it was early last year, in Target, in much the same way you described. They had several carts and a printout of clearanced sets). I've had cashiers mention them to me at checkout. I've even been asked if I knew the resellers (I'm not sure why, my purchases are usually small). I know there are a couple internet resellers who live in my area, and one major one (I'm in Idaho, btw). I've seen the result of their work at Target, Walmart, and Fred Meyer. Most recently someone hit the local Walmarts just after Christmas and bought everything marked 50%.
I was lucky, sort of, and managed to get their before them. The Walmart was fully stocked with everything from Slave 1s to Alien Conquest HQ trucks. I bought a Mace Windu Starfighter, but nothing else because I didn't have much cash on me at the time. I came back a few hours later and the aisle was bare.

gah, kills me that there are no Slave Is available anywhere near me.

if you are looking to complete a space police or atlantis collection, meijer has markdowns with free ship to store.

deep sea striker 14.99

SP undercover cruiser 19.99

deep sea raid 23.99

i realize these markdowns aren't exciting but if you're desperate to complete a collection...

someone must have cleaned out the warehouse. they even have a power miners watch available.

Well after seeing crowbb's post about some 70% off finds I ran to Target at lunch. All the Lego stuff I saw was still sitting at the 50% off mark which has been since I checked there earlier this week. There was a soccer mom just throwing stuff in her cart though and I saw some Atlantis and PQ stuff so she either she scooped up the 70% off stuff or bit at 50% off. My new approach to clearance is to just see what falls to 70% off and if its meant to be its meant to be. I would like to get another apple tree house though to make one of the optional builds. Anyone have the DPCI for that?

The ice dragon attack came in stock on the 10th online at TRU. I ordered the set along with 2 other sets I really didn't want to get the $10 off $50. Of course I get an email stating that the ice dragon set was cancelled and the other 2 sets were already shipped.

I no longer want the other sets, so can I just return those to get a full refund including shipping? This really pisses me off :(

I'm seeing a lot of 50% Ninjago and Atlantis in my SoCal Targets also, nothing at 70%.

I did pick up a Freeco Speeder at 50% and a Lego Game (Meteor Strike) at 70% off.

I see a TON of Portal of Atlantis 8708, Dojos, and Battle Arenas. I'm so tempted to get these for the pieces but I'll hold off until they hit 70% and pray there's some left.

[quote name='Xiaan']Yes. I've managed to run into resellers once (it was early last year, in Target, in much the same way you described. They had several carts and a printout of clearanced sets). I've had cashiers mention them to me at checkout. I've even been asked if I knew the resellers (I'm not sure why, my purchases are usually small). I know there are a couple internet resellers who live in my area, and one major one (I'm in Idaho, btw). I've seen the result of their work at Target, Walmart, and Fred Meyer. Most recently someone hit the local Walmarts just after Christmas and bought everything marked 50%.
I was lucky, sort of, and managed to get their before them. The Walmart was fully stocked with everything from Slave 1s to Alien Conquest HQ trucks. I bought a Mace Windu Starfighter, but nothing else because I didn't have much cash on me at the time. I came back a few hours later and the aisle was bare.[/QUOTE]

If you're in Idaho, its probably the same reseller that's coming down into Utah too (their trailer truck had Idaho plates). Yeah, within a few days of the Wal-Mart clearance, massive amounts of sets mysteriously disappeared off the shelves, leaving them bare. When I first went to just one WM store, they had hundreds of clearance sets left, then absolutely none a few days after. They probably came down and hit all the WMs after X-mas, and at the same time scoped out the Target clearances and made their lists. They were so well-coordinated they knew exactly which stores they would hit first today (the stores that had the most leftover clearance items). And they weren't even really looking at the stuff - just scooping up an armful and dropping it in carts, starting at the left side of the clearance aisle and working towards the right, leaving nothing in their path just like a swarm of locusts. It was friggin' unbelievable. I suppose they put some back after checking with their outside contacts which items were worth re-selling, but I didn't hang around to wait.

I didn't mention it earlier, but despite these hoarding dealers, I was able to snatch a handful of clearance sets at Target today (they were all on endcaps and not in the main clearance aisle where the dealers were focusing):
4645 City Harbor 44.xx (mentioned previously)
3368 City Space Center 34.xx
3833 Krusty Krab 12.xx
3850 Meteor Strike game 5.xx
2520 Ninjago Battle Arena 24.xx
5764 Creator Rescue Robot (with light brick - nice!) 7.xx

Saw aboUt 5 or 6 burrows and the same Amount of ninjago skeleton atvs at a walmart today if anybody is interested in one for trade or sell I will pick some up

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back