LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='skiizim']If you can find one at Target I picked up a City Marina for $15.[/QUOTE]
That's a hell of a deal. Wish I could have found one.

[quote name='ackbar7']That's a hell of a deal. Wish I could have found one.[/QUOTE]

Here is the DPCI for anybody that is willing to hunt one down, 204-00-0116.

[quote name='skiizim']Here is the DPCI for anybody that is willing to hunt one down, 204-00-0116.[/QUOTE]

Damn. That's the only one that isn't clearanced around west LA. I got a couple of the Harbor sets for $45, and will wait to adjust them further down. But the marina was still $39.99/$49.99 or whatever the MSRP is.

I bought the marina for $28 from KMart. It's an OK set but has odd pieces, like armor vests instead of life vests and the flag pole pieces are flat on top.

[quote name='karkyco']Damn. That's the only one that isn't clearanced around west LA. I got a couple of the Harbor sets for $45, and will wait to adjust them further down. But the marina was still $39.99/$49.99 or whatever the MSRP is.[/QUOTE]

Out of all the Targets I went too I only seen it at one, it was also the same target I found City Fire Station 7208 for $40.

Passed on Lego minotaur at Walmart for $17, saw a couple Portal of Atlantis at Target for $49.98

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ackbar7']I am not sure if there is anyone here who would be into this, but just noticed on Amazon they have the TS Woody clock/watch/minifig combo for only 22.09. Pretty nice deal for all of that. Picked it up for my daughter because she loves TS.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054NMDYE/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details[/QUOTE]

The same bundle for Buzz is the same price for those who prefer him.
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-9004346-Lightyear-Two-Piece-Assortment/dp/B0054NMD7G/ref=pd_sbs_watch_1

Stopped at the Walmart near my dad's house and finally found a cheap Ice Dragon...funny how I didn't buy it at $15 when it was available everywhere before xmas, but as soon as it hits $7 I look for it at every Walmart I pass!

Saw Queen Anne marked down to $89 and SW Frigate too...still too much for my cheapass.

Still not seeing series 6 in any "5 and Below" stores likes with series 5, although I think my wife is bringing some home from her visit to Boston.

[quote name='skiizim']Cleaning up the house a bit, stored all this stuff today, made a nice dent!

[/QUOTE]

"Next week on Hoarders .." ;)

Does anyone know of a place online that is still selling the Harry Potter Burrow at MSRP or lower? I totally struck out trying to find this set during the Walmart clearances and now most websites are no longer selling it.

Swung by my local target today to see what they had left at 50%, hoping that some of the stuff will survive to 75%. I can't believe how few lego sets they had. Last year I was able to buy a ton of different sets for 75% off, this year it seems I'll be limited to Scorpion Pyramid, Portal to Atlantis and a few of the sets I hid.

I'm starting to doubt future clearance because it seems like there are people who hoard any clearance legos they can find. That combined with whatever gets sold to the typical shopper leaves very little left.

Am I the only one who thinks that there's a Lego bubble brewing? I feel like more and more I see people buying tons of these sets as an investment. It happened with Sports Cards, Action Figures, it's bound to hit lego too.

[quote name='neonglow']PM sent. I've been searching for the HP Burrow. I have extras of the Hoth Wampa, Ninjago ice dragon, the yellow lego truck, several different small Kingdoms sets and a couple others if anyone wants to trade.[/QUOTE]

I have a HP Burrow. Definitely interested in the yellow lego truck and any other city sets.

[quote name='skiizim']If you can find one at Target I picked up a City Marina for $15.[/QUOTE]

Argh, these types of deal are so YMMV at target. People were finding clone turbo tanks for 70% but I couldn't find any. But I did find a creator light house for 50% and haven't found one since for that price.

Argh, these types of deal are so YMMV at target. People were finding clone turbo tanks for 70% but I couldn't find any. But I did find a creator light house for 50% and haven't found one since for that price.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Swung by my local target today to see what they had left at 50%, hoping that some of the stuff will survive to 75%. I can't believe how few lego sets they had. Last year I was able to buy a ton of different sets for 75% off, this year it seems I'll be limited to Scorpion Pyramid, Portal to Atlantis and a few of the sets I hid.

I'm starting to doubt future clearance because it seems like there are people who hoard any clearance legos they can find. That combined with whatever gets sold to the typical shopper leaves very little left.

Am I the only one who thinks that there's a Lego bubble brewing? I feel like more and more I see people buying tons of these sets as an investment. It happened with Sports Cards, Action Figures, it's bound to hit lego too.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I really don't think its a question of if but when the bubble bursts on Lego when people are treating it like an investment.

I don't know. LEGOs have been incredibly popular with kids for a long time, and LEGO continues to aim their product directly at kids, without a lot of thought put into collectors, though obviously some. The difference in things like action figures and sports cards was that they were kids products that the producers stopped making for kids. While there is probably some correction coming in terms of price, I doubt it will be nearly as severe as those other items.

Dunno if it's been on here yet, but my local Wal-Mart has the "Freeing Dobby" Harry Potter set on clearance for 5.40. Not much of a set, but cheapest I've ever seen a licensed Lego set. YMMV, most likely.

I can definitely see the astronomical prices bursting at some point, but I don't see Lego bricks becoming like sports cards or beanie babies. Strip away the investment angle, and Lego is still a great toy.

Also, as long as there's Bricklink and an AFOL aftermarket for individual bricks, clearance sets will fly off the shelves.

Demand will always be there in my opinion, but the number of collectors willing to pay a major markup for a specific set I have to believe is limited.

[quote name='ackbar7']I don't know. LEGOs have been incredibly popular with kids for a long time, and LEGO continues to aim their product directly at kids, without a lot of thought put into collectors, though obviously some. The difference in things like action figures and sports cards was that they were kids products that the producers stopped making for kids. While there is probably some correction coming in terms of price, I doubt it will be nearly as severe as those other items.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt that Lego will be around for some time to come but the days of 200%, 300%, etc. secondary market prices will collapse at some thus bursting the bubble. Sports cards, comics, etc. are still around after their respective market burst, Lego will stick around but the days of seeing $1,000 UCS Millennium Falcon will come to a close at some point.

As long as people are willing to pay there is always going to a secondary market. I've had to resort to buying a few sets on fleabay from when I decided to start collecting again. Some of the prices are pretty outrageous but at the same time makes them a good investment if you wanted to recoup some of your cost.

For example, I was never interested in the Taj Majal but if I would have known that might have been my breaking point to start selling on fleabay. I remember I used to see the set at the Lego store for $125 when they were trying to get rid of them.

I stood for nearly a hour at wallyworld feeling out series 5 for 5 figures, referencing the box art for each individual figure. I attempted for series 6 at target but there was no box art so I gave up. Are the bump codes people have been showing any useful?

No. You are better feeling the bags up. Just stick a picture on your phone, or print one out. Those dot bumps are insane.

[quote name='skiizim']As long as people are willing to pay there is always going to a secondary market. I've had to resort to buying a few sets on fleabay from when I decided to start collecting again. Some of the prices are pretty outrageous but at the same time makes them a good investment if you wanted to recoup some of your cost.

For example, I was never interested in the Taj Majal but if I would have known that might have been my breaking point to start selling on fleabay. I remember I used to see the set at the Lego store for $125 when they were trying to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

That's the whole point of a bubble market though is that at a certain point people will stop being willing to pay the high markups. It's almost a guarantee that it happens with any collectible market as soon as said market is flooded with people buying and selling merely for profit. Who knows, that tipping point might be way off, it could be in the next year, no one can really say for sure.

[quote name='iflabs']I stood for nearly a hour at wallyworld feeling out series 5 for 5 figures, referencing the box art for each individual figure. I attempted for series 6 at target but there was no box art so I gave up. Are the bump codes people have been showing any useful?[/QUOTE]

No the bump codes from betterthantomorrow dont help at all! the bump codes change for every bag number... the best way is to feel like others have said. I spent over 30mins looking for the leprechaun yesterday in toys r us, my girlfriend said I must have looked like a child molester just standing there feeling up all these little Legos lol :lol:. The thing they helped me by far the most was this feel guide... I had it on my phone for reference and was better able to guess what was in it... good luck to everyone trying to find the one!

ps:toys r us charged a little more for figures $3.49 not $2.99 fyi
pps: Has anyone seen the Valentine's Box (40029) in stores?

[quote name='iflabs']I stood for nearly a hour at wallyworld feeling out series 5 for 5 figures, referencing the box art for each individual figure. I attempted for series 6 at target but there was no box art so I gave up. Are the bump codes people have been showing any useful?[/QUOTE]

No the bump codes from betterthantomorrow dont help at all! the bump codes change for every bag number... the best way is to feel like others have said. I spent over 30mins looking for the leprechaun yesterday in toys r us, my girlfriend said I must have looked like a child molester just standing there feeling up all these little Legos lol :lol:. The thing they helped me by far the most was this feel guide... I had it on my phone for reference and was better able to guess what was in it... good luck to everyone trying to find the one!

ps:toys r us charged a little more for figures $3.49 not $2.99 fyi
pps: Has anyone seen the Valentine's Box (40029) in stores?

As others have said, no they don't work. Spent about 45 minutes at the Lego store in Tysons with my 6 year old, was 6 for 6 looking for the ones he wanted! :)

I have FINALLY been successful at my KMart's 50% clearance, after striking out on all LEGOs @ 3 other stores. Picked up a Pharoah's Quest 7325 Cursed Cobra Statue for $11.

I have been watching the 12 boxes of Pharoah's Quest 7326 Rise of The Sphinx, waiting on them to drop from $50 to $25...however, I just saw this on Amazon...not sure if I should stalk 1 Target for weeks to save $12...my gas is probably worth more than that:
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Pharaohs...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1326901718&sr=1-1

I can say that this past year was the first time I've really started buying sets to collect and it has definitely been pricey. I've had to liquidate my action figure and some of my comic-book collection to keep up.
But it's something both my son and I love. From hunting down a set then to building, its all fun.

The Lego Creative Bucket (480 pieces) is $14.98 (50% off MSRP) on Lego.com

I just started buying and collecting sets because of the recent clearance sales. I feel I've become a Lego addict already.

Where did you see them in target? I looked in the new valentine's section but they only have $4 poly bags again.

I use the feeling method first, and then the bump codes at home to verify.

I stopped by TRU at lunch today to do a return and apparently a truck had come because they had stacks and stacks of LEGO cases waiting to be stocked. On the shelves, they had already placed the new SW X-Wing and TIE Fighters. $70 and $60 (are those markups?). They also had 2 new polybags, possibly exclusives - SW Podracer and Friends Stephanie figure $4.99 each. And of course minifigures Series 6 at $3.49. I saw a boy feeling them and I really wanted to tell him to make his Mom take him to Fred Meyer for a big savings, but I didn't want to seem like a pedophile or something so I kept my mouth shut. There was a wreath polybag hanging all by itself - scanned at $5.99 - Huh? Last year they had the trees on clearance for like 30 cents! No sales going on that I could see.

[quote name='maesterjay']pps: Has anyone seen the Valentine's Box (40029) in stores?[/QUOTE]
They've been in stock at my store for at least a week.

[quote name='180husher']Where did you see them in target? I looked in the new valentine's section but they only have $4 poly bags again.

I use the feeling method first, and then the bump codes at home to verify.[/QUOTE]

Not sure which aisle but they were at the end where they usually have the blind Marvel Megablock bags. There were mixed together at my store.

@bigdaddy or anybody else in the area, this is for you "Target in Woburn, MA has Lego sets Reg $99 on clearance for $50. There were about 8 boxes sitting there when I was there. Of course YMMV for local stores."

Saw this posted on SD, don't know if this is near you but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back