LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
target.com has the new tie fighter (#9492) on sale for $49.99 (msrp $54.99) and get an add'l 10% off with code TGTHTT5Z.

they had the tie defender for $24.xx evidently but it's now out of stock.

Went to a couple local Targets (Ft. Lauderdale area) to see if the clearance went to 70%. No dice. Any educated speculation when we might see this?

It really varies on the Target, it might be today all the way down to 3 weeks from now. I'm not sure how Target clearance works but I've always pondered this question, do the employees have to start going through the inventory for the new price drop to be in effect, or is already in the system that day?

Walked into TRU to spend my rewards $$ and saw an unopened box of wave 6 minifigs. Annoyingly they jacked the price up to $3.49 but I bought 16 figures anyway. I did about as well as I could have hoped for. 9 different figures, but 6 of the 7 doubles were guys I wanted multiple of. Ended up with...

3 Minotaurs
1 Sleepy Kid
1 Flamenco Dancer
1 Roman
2 Bandits
1 Skateboard Girl
4 Highlanders
1 Genie
2 Leprechauns

I bought 7 from TRU and got....

The gladitor, roman soldier, Ms. Liberty., robot (I like the wind up back), minotaurs, leprechaun, genie.

I like them. I'll finish the series up when there is a sale or when I find them ar Target and then get doubles of the Roman and gladiator for sure, probably two of surgen, genie, butcher, leprechaun.

[quote name='crowbb']Walked into TRU to spend my rewards $$ and saw an unopened box of wave 6 minifigs. Annoyingly they jacked the price up to $3.49 but I bought 16 figures anyway. I did about as well as I could have hoped for. 9 different figures, but 6 of the 7 doubles were guys I wanted multiple of. Ended up with...

3 Minotaurs
1 Sleepy Kid
1 Flamenco Dancer
1 Roman
2 Bandits
1 Skateboard Girl
4 Highlanders
1 Genie
2 Leprechauns[/QUOTE]
I can't stop getting the fucking alien. I have gotten ~25 packs or so and have 5 aliens. I guess it is one that is a decent one to have multiples of. I am just missing the Leprechaun to complete my set.

[quote name='skiizim']do the employees have to start going through the inventory for the new price drop to be in effect, or is already in the system that day?[/QUOTE]

I believe the employees need to scan at least 1 item of a group of the same items for the price update. After scanning the item, a new clearance sticker will print out with the updated price.

I checked 2 Targets last night and all Legos that did drop to 50% off were gone. I'm glad that I didn't hesitate to pick up some sets at 50% off last week.

Just pulled off a nice little bit of Target Return/Rebuy arbitrage: POTC Queen Anne's Revenge for $35.98 ($34.18 + tax with redcard) :hot:

Benefits of having multiple Targets very close to my office and home. There are 3 within a half mile of my office; stopped at one on the way to work this morning to check clearance prices (still 50% off for everything, sadly) and checked the clearance price on the Queen Anne's Revenge, since this store had previously had it on clearance at $86.xx or something like that. Obviously, there were none in stock even at the $86.xx price. Today it showed up on the in store scanner at $35.98.

So I decided to go at lunch to the store a couple of blocks from my office, where they have 6 of them on the shelf, picked up one for $119.99, and immediately took it to the other Target. Since I had just bought it, the lady told me I couldn't change payment type but that she would return it and I could rebuy it. I figured even if I get denied, I'd take the slight chance at coming back this evening and seeing if it had been put on the shelf. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she re-rang it up...I played dumb and she said "good for you, you stopped in at the right store" :D

I had $10 in Lego VIP points so I got 5 series 6 and Kendo Cole booster pack. My minifig haul:

2 Highlanders
Butcher
Skater Girl
Alien

[quote name='karkyco']Just pulled off a nice little bit of Target Return/Rebuy arbitrage: POTC Queen Anne's Revenge for $35.98 ($34.18 + tax with redcard) :hot:

Benefits of having multiple Targets very close to my office and home. There are 3 within a half mile of my office; stopped at one on the way to work this morning to check clearance prices (still 50% off for everything, sadly) and checked the clearance price on the Queen Anne's Revenge, since this store had previously had it on clearance at $86.xx or something like that. Obviously, there were none in stock even at the $86.xx price. Today it showed up on the in store scanner at $35.98.

So I decided to go at lunch to the store a couple of blocks from my office, where they have 6 of them on the shelf, picked up one for $119.99, and immediately took it to the other Target. Since I had just bought it, the lady told me I couldn't change payment type but that she would return it and I could rebuy it. I figured even if I get denied, I'd take the slight chance at coming back this evening and seeing if it had been put on the shelf. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head when she re-rang it up...I played dumb and she said "good for you, you stopped in at the right store" :D[/QUOTE]

I noticed this as well (probably in the same area because I also have 3 Targets near me??) and considered doing this but eventually chickened out thinking it would never work. I'm going to try it tonight. :bouncy:

[quote name='fuerza']I noticed this as well (probably in the same area because I also have 3 Targets near me??) and considered doing this but eventually chickened out thinking it would never work. I'm going to try it tonight. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

They salvaged mine when I did it (not Lego) years ago. lol

[quote name='fuerza']I noticed this as well (probably in the same area because I also have 3 Targets near me??) and considered doing this but eventually chickened out thinking it would never work. I'm going to try it tonight. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Hey Fuerza, got your PM. I'm on the westside, but any intel you can shoot me from the Valley I would appreciate. I'll do the same for west and central LA.

Honestly, with such a ridiculous price discrepancy - over $90 difference including tax, I didn't think I had a chance in hell of it working. I certainly wasn't going to push it at all, just leave it there returned if I got denied, and if I found it later on the shelf great if not oh well. Just go in with the mindset that you have nothing to lose by trying. It's certainly not illegal by any stretch, it's merely against Target's store policy to re-sell you a returned item immediately. If their stores all charged the same amount for the exact same item, clearance or no, this opportunity for arbitrage wouldn't exist.

[quote name='iflabs']They salvaged mine when I did it (not Lego) years ago. lol[/QUOTE]

There's certainly the risk they will salvage the returned item (among other things like any number of employees holding it for themselves), but in the couple of instances (out of dozens) that I've been denied the opportunity to immediately re-purchase an item after returning it, I merely request the opportunity to cancel/undo the return transaction. They have accomodated that request both times. Then I merely try again at another store or at another time at the same store. I most recently did this for the Uncharted 3 C.E., where I had purchased it for $69.98 (30% off), and was attempting to get it adjusted to $29.98 (70% off).

LEGO S@H is having a few deals again. Obi Wan's Starfighter is back at $59, UCS Lightning Mcqueen is $14, there's some pretty good stuff. I finally bit on the Starfighter.

Just went back for more at the S@H sales and deals page. $2 NinjaGo spinners (never had any of those, but for $2...) The small Alien Conquest set (with two minifigs) is $2.50. Lots of CARS stuff, a few SW sets. These are good if you're like me and missed all the Target and Walmart clearances.

I believe 30. At least that is what I remember from Wal Mart...it may be a little cheaper like 25.

Found Series 6 at my Lego store...ended up with 3 Opera Singers...darnit. I'm trading all of those away! Also got a Genie and a Robber but I may trade away the Genie too...we shall see.

[quote name='salty tbone']I found Series 6 minifigures today at Target.

Click the DPCI for the store locator: 204-00-0211[/QUOTE]

damn out of stock up to 62 miles from my zip, thats 10 stores all together... guess they havent got them it yet.... I know I just bought the last Royal Soldier off there one store for $1.50

Picked up Nuckal's ATV at Walmart for $12.50. Passed on a $30 mini Hogwarts (got one at Costco for $20) and $50 Marina

I was also thinking about starting a Lego spending tab thread. I know I've already spent over $100 this month for sure, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='salty tbone']I found Series 6 minifigures today at Target.

Click the DPCI for the store locator: 204-00-0211[/QUOTE]

Thanks - that's a handy link for looking up other DPCIs too. However, for some reason Target isn't updating their stock status on Series 6 MFs. All my local stores say "Out of Stock" using that link, but I was in one last night and they had tons of Series 6 on display.

I picked up 2 of the series 6 packs at TRU yesterday with my $5 rewards. Damn things are $3.50 now, so I'll definitely not be getting many there... probably stick to my 10% off at the Lego Discovery Center.

The 2 I got ended up being the little boy with the teddy bear (girlfriend loves that one) and the asian lady (originally figured it was the Statue of Liberty, didn't realize there were 2 dress bottoms).

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Thanks - that's a handy link for looking up other DPCIs too. However, for some reason Target isn't updating their stock status on Series 6 MFs. All my local stores say "Out of Stock" using that link, but I was in one last night and they had tons of Series 6 on display.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. I even triple checked the DPCI. Hopefully it becomes more useful.

Looks like the Marvel Lego descriptions are coming out. There is also a Description for an Avengers movie one, but I think it is spoilerific so I am not posting it.

6866 Wolverine’s Chopper Showdown:
Oh no, Magneto and Deadpool are attacking Wolverine with their helicopter. Help him to escape! Dodge the missiles and make a quick getaway on Wolverine’s Chopper before Magneto traps Wolverine with his magnetic powers. Includes 3 minifigures: Wolverine, Magneto and Deadpool.

Are they complete with box? The Home One set hit the bargain bin pretty but the the older AT-AT is the gem if it includes the box a big plus if it is sealed.

I remember paying $35 for it at the Lego Store when it was on clearance. I'm pretty sure they went on clearance at TRU too. The set is only cool for the minifigs and the A-wing in my opinion.

One ring? Looks more like a One bracelet, but I guess thats the best they could do, given the limitations of a minifig.

You know people are gonna hoard these sets like they do the first Batman series. My goal is to have enough money to just go in and buy every LOTR set in one go at the Lego store and be done with it.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']I stopped by 3 Targets today and they still haven't dropped their toy clearance beyond 50%. I'll just keep trying every Thursday hoping it pays off.[/QUOTE]

My Target did today, to 75% instead of the normal 70%. Pyramids and Portals were actually selling! They were not moving at all at 50%. Shame there weren't any other things still left.

Hit up target and walmart today. Target had a Pharoah's Quest set that rang up $0. What does that mean?

Walmart had a bunch of star wars and alien conquest in the clearance section but all of them rang up retail...wtf!

[quote name='Max Power']Hit up target and walmart today. Target had a Pharoah's Quest set that rang up $0. What does that mean?

[/QUOTE]

Salvage items.

[quote name='Max Power']Walmart had a bunch of star wars and alien conquest in the clearance section but all of them rang up retail...wtf!

[/QUOTE]

Overstock...or the new rumored clearance. Clearance items should have shelf tags stating the price.

[quote name='iflabs']Salvage items.

Overstock...or the new rumored clearance. Clearance items should have shelf tags stating the price.[/QUOTE]

Salvage item?

Yeah, I didn't see any tags. just a bunch of sets put in the clearance section. Probably all will go on clearance tomorrow and be gone.

[quote name='Max Power']Salvage item?

.[/QUOTE]

Target doesn't mark toys any lower than 70% off for the most part. After that, the item is donated/sent to discount stores like Big Lots, dollar stores, etc...

That item is considered "salvaged".

So if somehow a clearanced Lego set is never bought, it will eventually go salvage. Target employees are NOT allowed to sell salvaged merchandise. Although, I've had a cashier sell me something before by asking me how much the item was supposed to be.

[quote name='NCrush']Target doesn't mark toys any lower than 70% off for the most part. After that, the item is donated/sent to discount stores like Big Lots, dollar stores, etc...

That item is considered "salvaged".

So if somehow a clearanced Lego set is never bought, it will eventually go salvage. Target employees are NOT allowed to sell salvaged merchandise. Although, I've had a cashier sell me something before by asking me how much the item was supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

If salvage merchandise is found on the floor by a guest, the store is allowed to sell it to the guest at the last ticketed price. Team members aren't allowed to purchase salvage. From my experience most Legos go salvage at 50%, but some slip out and go to 70%, especially when they do big aisle resets after christmas and during the summer.

You'll most likely be sent to customer service who will then check the price history of it and sell it to you at the last clearance price before salvage. I was asked by the cashier "how much was it?" before being sent to CS though. If you can make up a good price, they'll probably go with it at the register.

In my town, salvaged Target items get sold (not donated) to a local Goodwill, who has a section of the store dedicated to "new goods", and they're almost always priced higher than the last clearance price they were while at Target :oldman:

I'm still waiting for Series 6 to show up anywhere in my town. With Wal-mart rearranging like an OCD hoarder lately, I don't even know where they'll land when they come in.

TRU removed the street date for all the Star Wars Lego sets. All stores should have them for sale along with all the new action figures. TRU mark up is in full effect though.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU removed the street date for all the Star Wars Lego sets. All stores should have them for sale along with all the new action figures. TRU mark up is in full effect though.[/QUOTE]

Stopped in Toys R Us today and saw they had the new sets out. I've got to say, I really like almost all of these released (mainly cause I'm a sucker for great looking ships. I picked up Droid Escape 9490 for $21.99, only a $2 mark-up and I had a $20 gift card I had gotten for $10 from google offers. The set is awesome and I love the new Sand Troopers. I was really looking for Anakin's Jedi Interceptor 9494, but I didn't realize it was a Target exclusive.

Being such a huge fan of the original trilogy, I really like some of the new sets they brought out. Definitely wanna pick up the Endor battle pack and add it to my Battle of Endor set! Down the road, if that and the Ewok Attack go in clearance down the road, I am considering picking up a whole bunch and arranging them into a huge battle. God, I need a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back