LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished picking up my set. I absolutely love this series! I'm a huge Castle, Space and Vikings fan and this series did not disappoint. I'll definitely be picking up more Knights, Marines and, believe it or not, Red Ridinghood. The red hood and cape will go great with a little castle fantasy army I'm thinking of.

Can't believe we're done with Series 6 already. Geez...

I haven't done bump codes since Series 3. It's all about bag-feeling, and the Space Marine is the easiest one to find. That power armor is HUGE.

[quote name='cassidyarch']I haven't done bump codes since Series 3. It's all about bag-feeling, and the Space Marine is the easiest one to find. That power armor is HUGE.[/QUOTE]

The thing I look for is his gun... Feeling up the bag is half the fun of collecting these things.. LOL

Wow this Helicopter Marvel set was pretty lackluster...well the copter that is. The figures are great...I may just give up going after the sets and just buy the figures because they all look pretty nice.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Wow this Helicopter Marvel set was pretty lackluster...well the copter that is. The figures are great...I may just give up going after the sets and just buy the figures because they all look pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

You'll spend as much as the set costs if not more collecting them that way.. I definitely agree that the Helicopter is pretty meh but with the 3 awesome Minifigs you get $20 is not a bad price.

I had a few bucks at Fred Meyer's today, and took a look at the minifigs after I finished grocery shopping. They only had a few, and I'm not so good at feeling them out, but the last pack there I managed to feel the shield of the black knight. The Space Marine looks cool, but I was definitely wanting the knight more. All it needs is a black cape to be perfect.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Only sad thing about the Space Marine is the helmet isn't molded for a visor. It's a GREAT helmet, better shape than the too-tall Space Police/Alien Conquest helmet--but no way to attach a visor![/QUOTE]
We landed up getting 2 space marines and my son thought we lost the visor at first. We have 10 so far, I find them all by feeling the bags, it is pretty easy to feel for the different pieces. I could have gotten another space marine but I left it, and I do feel for the gun.

Anyone got that Avengers plane set? I thought it looked kinda nice and I would also nab the other minifigs I wanted. I may get it on Friday.

In other news, I still can't get a Space Marine to save my life...

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Anyone got that Avengers plane set? I thought it looked kinda nice and I would also nab the other minifigs I wanted. I may get it on Friday.

In other news, I still can't get a Space Marine to save my life...[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the Heli-Carrier or the Quinjet? My buddy received the Heli-Carrier for his kids on there B-Day. He said it was cool but the Quinjet is pretty small considering what they are portraying and when they already have one for sale.

Spend $50 in store or on S@H between 5/16 and 5/31 and get a free Hulk minifig with your purchase. He's a regular minifig, not the giant one that comes in the set.

[quote name='Pirate331']Beachwood store opened a year ago; I worked there, and unless Beachwood is suddenly getting another store that nobody knew about a month ago, that's a typo. I've seen the mini-build though, and it looks really good especially for a give-away.

*Got an email yesterday about a 1-year anniversary event, but it says free minifigure set w/ $35 purchase, not the mini-build. Wonder how that's going to stack with the May the Fourth giveaway.[/QUOTE]

the friday of each event you get a lego tshirt
the saturday you get the legomini store
the sunday you get a minifigure set (3 unique minifigs)

also im pretty sure the may 4th minifig (ordered for mine a minute ago) is online only

also new grand openings listed

6990834986_685192f8d7_c.jpg

im assuming for the ministore it is the saturday of each of these as well just like it is for the rest of the events.

[quote name='RoarImAPanda']also im pretty sure the may 4th minifig (ordered for mine a minute ago) is online only[/QUOTE]
In stores too. Says it right on the May calendar.

*Went in to mine (Beachwood) and they are, in fact, giving out the TC-14 figure. They've also got a set of 3 minifigs (regular people, like the grand-opening give-a-ways) for the 1-year anniversary thing w/ a $35 purchase. I'm gonna be back up there tomorrow, so I'll see if the minibuild lego store is there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else noticed that today (5/4, Star Wars Day) both the Super Star Destroyer and Imperial Shuttle are 20% off on S@H?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Imperial-Shuttle-10212
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Super-Star-Destroyer-10221

A few other bigg(ish) sets are 10% off:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Republic-Frigate-7964
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Anakin-Skywalker-and-Sebulba-s-Podracers-7962
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Darth-Maul-s-Sith-Infiltrator-7961

Edit: And...now the Imperial Shuttle is available, but out of stock.

[quote name='doubledown']Looks like Amazon GOLD BOX will have some LEGO STAR WARS watches at the end of the day.[/QUOTE]

They have a few lego star wars sets on sale. Ewok attack is 19.99, normally 29.99.

got another $5 in bonus points fron kmart yesterday. they have been having $10 in bonus points with $50 merchandise purchase coupons printing every tme i buy something as well the past few weeks.

found three of the large avengers jets beat to crap at target today. only three in stock and they wouldnt take anything off the price. ive seen banged up legos with marked down prices before at target.

I snagged the Wolverine/Helicopter set, today. Split it with my daughter, who wanted the helicopter for her Hermoine minifig to fly around in, and I kept Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto. :)

It was a pain to find, though. Finally got it at walmart, which told me they didn't have it, even though it was listed on the website as being in stock in the store. I had another employee look it up in the system and sure enough, there were 3 of them in stock. Turns out they were hidden in the back, earmarked for employees.

Give the 80's glamrock girl a haircut and the daredevil's white cape and she's my clear winner of series 7:

Legogrrl.jpg

It'd be a hard argument to win trying to say the electric guitar isn't the single best unique piece created specifically for the minifigures line. Unless the programmer's laptop actually opened up.

Found some loose Lego Adventure stuff at a yard sale today. Basically just a pterodactyl and an adventurer mini fig. There was a box/instructions for SW Bespin Cloud Cars but the guy couldn't find the pieces.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']the laptop does open. it is a bastard to open though.[/QUOTE]

NOoooOOOOooOOO! Great. Now I have to go back to Wal-mart and feel for the one programmer that I had found the other day. My son wanted him because of the "smiley mug" (I'll let him figure out what it really is in his computer history books someday far in the future). I told him I would only buy it if the laptop opened. Awesome to know though.

In other news: Amazonlocal has a $25 voucher for $12 at Yoyo.com today. They have a nice selection of LEGO sets at MSRP or lower. Check the CAG thread about it to find out the current stackable coupon to go with it (possibly YFRESH to get 15% off and free shipping, we're still confirming it ATM)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9602090&posted=1#post9602090

I picked up some LEGO Conquest sets at a nice price.

[quote name='Kerig']NOoooOOOOooOOO! Great. Now I have to go back to Wal-mart and feel for the one programmer that I had found the other day. My son wanted him because of the "smiley mug" (I'll let him figure out what it really is in his computer history books someday far in the future). I told him I would only buy it if the laptop opened. Awesome to know though.

In other news: Amazonlocal has a $25 voucher for $12 at Yoyo.com today. They have a nice selection of LEGO sets at MSRP or lower. Check the CAG thread about it to find out the current stackable coupon to go with it (possibly YFRESH to get 15% off and free shipping, we're still confirming it ATM)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9602090&posted=1#post9602090

I picked up some LEGO Conquest sets at a nice price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. It works out to some nice discounts.

I can't wait for the lord of the rings sets. I'm curious though, I don't see a Merry minifig in any of the sets and he would fond out the fellowship. Did I miss something?

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I can't wait for the lord of the rings sets. I'm curious though, I don't see a Merry minifig in any of the sets and he would fond out the fellowship. Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

I think you just deduced what the LOTR Polybag will be. Either that or get two Pippins, there's no difference between them :)

Went back to Wal-mart for the programmer, all evidence of Series 7 is gone. Not even an empty display box.

[quote name='Kerig']NOoooOOOOooOOO! Great. Now I have to go back to Wal-mart and feel for the one programmer that I had found the other day. My son wanted him because of the "smiley mug" (I'll let him figure out what it really is in his computer history books someday far in the future). I told him I would only buy it if the laptop opened. Awesome to know though.

I picked up some LEGO Conquest sets at a nice price.[/QUOTE]Thanks a bunch for posting this.:applause:
Using YFRESH to get the free shipping and additional percentage off, I was able to snag an Imperial V-Wing for my son who has been begging for an 'R2' style minifig, and a $10 Pharaoh's Quest set (basically just a motorcycle, and 3 minifigs, which is perfect because he wanted a motorcycle for his guys), for $12. I did have to pay a couple bucks for tax, but anytime one can snag some legos for over half off, it's a good day.:cool:

I have a chance to buy 2 Imperial shuttles (10126) and 2 technic excavators (8043) for $450 on Craigslist .. Do you his think this is a good deal .. I'm planning on trying to flip them myself for some profit afterwards

I picked up some LEGO Conquest sets at a nice price.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Picked up the Harry Forest set that I never picked up and a City police forest car for $16 with the voucher.... I paid only 4 extra with the initial 12. so for 8 each, that's not too bad.

Endor battle pack + Harry Potter forbidden forest - $25 voucher - YFRESH* = $.03 :applause:

Also, if anyone's got a Creation Nation event happening nearby to celebrate their store's 1-year anniversary, you might be able to snag a free small PAB cup (YMMV); the one near me had a stack of postcards entitling you to the cup with a $35 purchase. Stacked on top of the TC-14 give-away and the minifig set w/ $35 purchase give-away.

*Didn't apply to the forbidden forest, just the battle pack; maybe because the FB is already discounted on their site, or the coupon is only good on one item?

Where would you all suggest looking for building plates at? We've got one that I took out of a lego board game I found on clearance for a couple dollars last year, and all my kids fight over it every time they bust out the legos.

[quote name='Pirate331']

*Didn't apply to the forbidden forest, just the battle pack; maybe because the FB is already discounted on their site?[/QUOTE]
It looks like the code isn't really a 15% off, but a flat $3 off only one item, and it gives you free shipping. I tried it with multiple items, I tried it with single items, I tried it with already discounted items, etc etc. Even with a grand total of only 9.49 in my cart, when the coupon code was applied, it simply read $3 discount, making it 6.49 with free shipping.

I have a chance to buy 2 Imperial shuttles (10212) and 2 technic excavators (8043) for $450 on Craigslist .. Do you his think this is a good deal .. I'm planning on trying to flip them myself for some profit afterwards

[quote name='Maskim']Where would you all suggest looking for building plates at? We've got one that I took out of a lego board game I found on clearance for a couple dollars last year, and all my kids fight over it every time they bust out the legos.[/QUOTE]

Toys R Us sells blue & green large plates for $5.99. Also a gigantic grey TRU Exclusive $14.99.

[quote name='Kerig']Toys R Us sells blue & green large plates for $5.99. Also a gigantic grey TRU Exclusive $14.99.[/QUOTE]
Those are the ones that I'm finding, too. Ranging between $5-8, depending on the store. I just can't see paying that much for a single paper size sheet of plastic. I guess I'll check out the thrift stores or hint to grandma when the kids' birthdays come around again.

If anyone has some spare TC-14's (Lego store employees?), please PM me if you're interested in selling for a reasonable price. I'm looking for up to four. I'm also looking for up to three of the store opening/creation nation stuff.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back