LEGO Deals 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anybody be interested in an Imperial Shuttle (10212) for $180.00 plus shipping? Sets are new in box, or I can just send the bags to make the shipping easier. I have two available.

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']If anyone has some spare TC-14's (Lego store employees?), please PM me if you're interested in selling for a reasonable price. I'm looking for up to four. I'm also looking for up to three of the store opening/creation nation stuff.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Define reasonable...I'm not interested in charging outrageous prices but I think I'll be better off selling the figure. I'm not big on SW stuff and there are other things I'd like to buy...

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I can't wait for the lord of the rings sets. I'm curious though, I don't see a Merry minifig in any of the sets and he would fond out the fellowship. Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]

According to this, Merry is in the Attack on Weathertop set. http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/9472_Attack_on_Weathertop

I'm just glad I don't have to buy the Helm's Deep set to get the full Fellowship. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool set. I just need to save the money. :)

picked up the heavy duty helicopter at kmart today. used the $5 in free points they gave me that expired today. bought a hot wheels to make the total over fifty and got a $5 gift card and $10 bonus points. complicated to keep track of but it worked.

New city, monsters, Lord of the Rings, Creator and Ninjago sets are hitting TRU stores now. I don't recall what the MSRP is on these sets are, the system is not showing any indications of any markups yet.

[quote name='prim4444']New city, monsters, Lord of the Rings, Creator and Ninjago sets are hitting TRU stores now. I don't recall what the MSRP is on these sets are, the system is not showing any indications of any markups yet.[/QUOTE]
That's way cool that they're available, now. I sure hope there's some markup in there, though. The Gandalf set, which should be in the 11.99-12.99 range is listed at like 18. I mean, if the msrp is so much higher than most licensed sets, it's not going to go very well for my wallet.

Love those monster fighter sets, may end up getting more of those than I originally planned. But ugh, the prices on the LotR sets are even worse than I thought.

Super Heroes + LOTR + Monster Fighters + Jabba's Palace + New Sopwith Camel = I need a second job.

I'm glad the Swamp Thing minifig is in the cheapest set, it's may favorite of the Monster Fighter line, I'd like to get an army of them for a classic Castlevania MOC.

[quote name='Maskim']Where would you all suggest looking for building plates at? We've got one that I took out of a lego board game I found on clearance for a couple dollars last year, and all my kids fight over it every time they bust out the legos.[/QUOTE]

Those damn plates are easily the biggest ripoff Lego wise nowadays, at least IMO. I'm just happy I have a couple hundred or so, maybe more, different plates and bases from my childhood (tons of grey, blue, and green plus all kinds of city streets and lots of the lunar crater ones). But I'd say if you can find them used, say on craigslist, ebay, or at yard sales et al would be the best bet for cheapest prices.

Unfortunately I didn't get many of the specialized base plates that had different height features that came out generally in the 90's and some in the 2000's. When I look at prices for the plate packs and single large ones today I just shake my head, simply ridiculous. Cost of plastic be damned. Might even be better to buy one of those Lego tables that include one or more of them (glued on?) that they sell at Toys R Us.

[quote name='BlueWingX']According to this, Merry is in the Attack on Weathertop set. http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/9472_Attack_on_Weathertop

I'm just glad I don't have to buy the Helm's Deep set to get the full Fellowship. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool set. I just need to save the money. :)[/QUOTE]

Excellent news! That means if you get gandalf, weather top, shelob and Moria, you've got the fellowship. Still....kinda expensive.

By the way, I saw these were up for preorder at TRU, but the markup is insane.

If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of NXT stuff that I'm selling. I have it listed over on Amazon marketplace at the moment, but I'm more than willing to cut a deal with a CAG, especially if you want everything. PM if interested and I'm happy to list the specifics.

Is anybody going to get the Hulk minifigure from the promotion that starts on the 16th?

The only Super Heroes set I really care about is the Wolverine Helicopter, and I'm on the fence about the Quinjet.

I wish the LoTR sets would go on sale at the LEGO online store already.

[quote name='Max Power']TRU has 20% off one item 75 or more. Any good sets to get with that?[/QUOTE]

The Medieval Market (10193) is $99.99, which is MSRP (not marked up), and it looks pretty awesome; it looks like it would match nicely with the LoTR sets, too (maybe as a makeshift Bree).

Where is the 20% off stated? I didn't see a weekly ad for Toys R Us today. Is it in-store only?

Also, Target has all the LoTR sets online for MSRP, and if you buy the Orc Forge (a Target exclusive) set before 6/2, you get a free poster. Not sure if this deal is online only, but for anyone interested in amassing an Uruk-Hai army that set looks pretty dope.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']The Medieval Market (10193) is $99.99, which is MSRP (not marked up), and it looks pretty awesome; it looks like it would match nicely with the LoTR sets, too (maybe as a makeshift Bree).

Where is the 20% off stated? I didn't see a weekly ad for Toys R Us today. Is it in-store only?

Also, Target has all the LoTR sets online for MSRP, and if you buy the Orc Forge (a Target exclusive) set before 6/2, you get a free poster. Not sure if this deal is online only, but for anyone interested in amassing an Uruk-Hai army that set looks pretty dope.[/QUOTE]

The coupon was sent via email to rewards members. These coupons are all single use and in store only.

There are two coupons that were sent out. Both coupons are valid only on regular price items.

A three tiered coupon, Save 10% up to $49.99, Save 15% $50 - $74.99, Save 20% $75 and up. It is not limited to only one item.

The second coupon is get a $5 gift card for every $25 spent in one purchase. Gift card maxes at $200.

[quote name='prim4444']The coupon was sent via email to rewards members. These coupons are all single use and in store only.

There are two coupons that were sent out. Both coupons are valid only on regular price items.

A three tiered coupon, Save 10% up to $49.99, Save 15% $50 - $74.99, Save 20% $75 and up. It is not limited to only one item.

The second coupon is get a $5 gift card for every $25 spent in one purchase. Gift card maxes at $200.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Do you know if the coupon can only be used by rewards members?

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Is anybody going to get the Hulk minifigure from the promotion that starts on the 16th?

The only Super Heroes set I really care about is the Wolverine Helicopter, and I'm on the fence about the Quinjet.

I wish the LoTR sets would go on sale at the LEGO online store already.[/QUOTE]

What promotion? I'm not hip to LEGO really......

[quote name='doubledown']What promotion? I'm not hip to LEGO really......[/QUOTE]

If you make a purchase of at least $50 at the LEGO Website between May 16th and 31st, you get a free Hulk minifigure.

The minifigure is not the one that comes in the Hulk Helicarrier Set- it's actually a special, normal-sized minifigure with green skin, black Harry Potter hair, and purple shorts.

[quote name='brotterr']Got another free $10 in rewards from Kmart. Things must be pretty bad. Guess I'll pick up another battle pack for free!!![/QUOTE]

Boo...they only gave me $5 and it has to be used by Thursday. Jerks. Even though I have box of Series 7 on its way from Amazon.fr, I think I'll pay them a visit and see if I can pick up a couple more. Or I'll just buy something boring with it like food.

Kmart kept giving me free $5 per week for all of last month. Bought the batmobile twoface set and a hotwheels to get over $50 and ended up getting $15 in reward points back. Anyone see avengers sets at kmart yet?

edit: i also got another $5 in rewards today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maskim']LotR sets available online just in time for the Hulk figure promo. Also in store at Fred Meyer.[/QUOTE]

Kids and I just noticed this...and the only way to get Legolas is to get the Mines set which aside from the cave troll is rather "blah".

[quote name='180husher']Kids and I just noticed this...and the only way to get Legolas is to get the Mines set which aside from the cave troll is rather "blah".[/QUOTE]
I'm going back in a few minutes to pick up the Mines set. That's the only one with Boromir, which was always my favorite character. I would have bought it while I was there, but I was on my bike, and I just couldn't fit it into the saddlebags.

[quote name='ackbar7']My local Fred Meyer doesn't even have the Marvel sets yet. I may have to go check it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
None of mine have, either. Then all of a sudden today they have all the Marvel sets out and half of the LotR ones (No Helm's Deep or Weathertop).

I got the last Shelob at mine, which I thought odd because the set looks garbage to me (my wife really really wants Golum, though). The gal at the checkout said someone came in within an hour of them putting the new sets out and bought like 5 Shelob sets, and that's all, though.

I ordered the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape, without the $10 TRU markup garbage, and a Gandalf Arrives set, to grab a Hulk minifig and a Frodo poster. Happy stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Is there currently any way to get free shipping with the Hulk promotion?[/QUOTE]
Not that I've found. I finally just bit the bullet and paid the $8 shipping because I figured that the Hulk is going to be worth more than the $8 I'm paying for shipping, and that even with paying for shipping, I'm saving more than paying the Toys R Us markups on the set I ordered.

Sweet - got my 2 orders in early this morning. The Hulks shall be mine! For one of my orders, it was all Pick-A-Brick parts to make it an even $50, which left me just under the line for the cheaper shipping fee, but just over enough for the Hulk. My other order was for a minifig and the new Kingdoms Chess set, which I hadn't heard about before - it looks pretty cool and has 32 castle minifigs. As much as I want them now, I'll wait and pick up my LOTR sets later on, during a sale. And yes, I wanted 2 Hulks for me, not for reselling!

It would seem as though there are three different poster offers available currently...LEGO is offering the Frodo poster, TRU is offering the Aragorn poster online, and Target is offering a poster online with purchase of the Orc Forge. Since the other two seem to correspond to FOTR and ROTK respectively, I'm guessing Target's poster is for Legolas/TTT (which would be fitting since Legolas is an archer).

Pretty cool idea on LEGO's part to get people to spread their money around, though I don't envy anyone who buys a LOTR set from TRU with their huge markups.

[quote name='elsnerma']It would seem as though there are three different poster offers available currently...LEGO is offering the Frodo poster, TRU is offering the Aragorn poster online, and Target is offering a poster online with purchase of the Orc Forge. Since the other two seem to correspond to FOTR and ROTK respectively, I'm guessing Target's poster is for Legolas/TTT (which would be fitting since Legolas is an archer).

Pretty cool idea on LEGO's part to get people to spread their money around, though I don't envy anyone who buys a LOTR set from TRU with their huge markups.[/QUOTE]
From the pictures TRU has under the listing for the poster, it looks like they have both the Aragorn poster, and the Legolas. I wonder if Target is the same, where they have both and its random which one you get.

[quote name='Maskim']From the pictures TRU has under the listing for the poster, it looks like they have both the Aragorn poster, and the Legolas. I wonder if Target is the same, where they have both and its random which one you get.[/QUOTE]

Ahh I didn't notice that...it's possible it could be double-sided as well.

My TRU got in all of the LOTR and Monster Fighter sets today, and I think I'm going to buy the Ghost Train. I've been waiting for LEGO to start making the ghost again since I got back into collecting LEGO, plus the train is really cool.

I have a 20% coupon so even though it's marked up $5, I'll be able to get it for $68.00 which is still probably the cheapest I'll see it for a while.

The Lego store was out of the Quinjet, so they ordered a home shipment for me. Should get out in about 3 business days. Comes with the Hulk figure too.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Is there currently any way to get free shipping with the Hulk promotion?[/QUOTE]

I've got a code that just worked for me. PM me if anybody wants it as I don't want it to get abused or posted elsewhere.

[quote name='elessar123']The Lego store was out of the Quinjet, so they ordered a home shipment for me. Should get out in about 3 business days. Comes with the Hulk figure too.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a little over $50 in Friends sets so I wouldn't get in trouble to get the Hulk minifigure.

For those of you who frequent the Lego Store at Downtown Disney in Anaheim the new set up is awesome!

Here is a Link with some pics.

I'm really tempted to get some of those LotR sets from lego.com. The lego store by me (Troy, MI) says they'll have them Monday. But, I would like the poster and Hulk minifig. Not sure if they're worth the cost of shipping, though. I just need to exercise some patience, which is difficult for me to do.

[quote name='elessar123']The Lego store was out of the Quinjet, so they ordered a home shipment for me. Should get out in about 3 business days. Comes with the Hulk figure too.[/QUOTE]

elessar did you see any new markdowns while you were there?

[quote name='TheHelix']elessar did you see any new markdowns while you were there?[/QUOTE]

No. I did see the new modular set though. A really nice clock tower. Was a bit pressed for time, so I really just went for one purpose, and rushed back out.

I went today as well to get the Hulk figure. They had a few various sets 10% off (Harry Potter Hagrid's Hut, All the Alien Conquest sets, Some Hero factory sets, Some of the Lego Creator 3 in 1 sets), The Cars 2 Tokyo International Circuit set was 20% off, The Pirates Of The Caribbean and Alien Conquest Minifig packs were 50% off ($7.48), And the Elizabeth Swan and Barbosa Minifig keychains were 50% off ($2.49). there might have been some more stuff that I'm not remembering but I was looking pretty close at everything deciding on what to buy.

My Walmart is so overstocked with LEGO--Harry Potter, AC, CARS, last year's Star Wars. They don't have room for the new stuff. Fingers crossed for a big Memorial Day clearance. Seriously, they have Hogwarts, stacks and stacks of the Black Pearl. Ran some scans, everything was full price. Anyone finding Walmart deals?

Has anyone here gotten any of the MLB oyo figures? They appear to be like LEGOs with joints in their elbows and knees. I am thinking about getting some Mets ones, but was curious if anyone here had anything to say about quality.

[quote name='elessar123']No. I did see the new modular set though. A really nice clock tower. Was a bit pressed for time, so I really just went for one purpose, and rushed back out.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back