LEGO Deals 3

Those emerald glazed pecans are delicious. I'm sad I only found one bag. Everything is gone now at my Target too.
Yeah they are, the mix nuts are good too. Nuts are amazing in general, but cheap nuts just make it so much better.

Why is everyone looking at me funny? :p

I was in a Target and a Walmart in NY (Henrietta) and they had clearance which was a shock but only like 30% tops. The Walmart had more Duplo in clearance than I see normally in stores.

I'm glad people know what I'm talking about. XD I grabbed a couple mixed bags too, still good, but nothing like the glazed pecans.
In actual Lego news, the GL set is pretty amazing, as most have said.

Did you use the webpage which shows product unavailable? Did they still take it ?
The thing that's cool about Walmart is you just tell them about the price and they take your word for it. I always have my phone in my hand and ask them if they need to see it and they just say no.

Picked up the GL set since Green Lantern and Sinestro are two of my favorite characters. Going to try to sell "Spacesuit" Batman (I understand they're trying to put Batman in as many sets as possible, but really?) and possibly the rest of the set to recoup some of the cost.

Just saw that we're probably getting Series 2 of the Simpsons. Comic Book Guy is probably in!!!

Has there been any update on the Electro polybag?

I saw the GL set at a local Target a couple of weeks ago...and I hadn't seen it since.  I've been at lots of Targets since then, and many of them have at least one of the newer sets, but the GL set is always gone.

Found one -- the last one -- last night and had no problem price matching it to the website.  The UPC/DCPI is still not in their system, but it's searchable on the website, which they can do at the CS desk.

The set is great.  I've been waiting a long time for GL, Sinestro is terrific, and while Batman is unnecessary, he's at least cool.  I like the new capes, and having a choice is also nice.  The plane is a fun build with a great gimmick.  If I had a complaint, I would wish for more clear green pieces, but that's pretty minor.  I love that they included a lantern.

Target clearance continues to suck.  Only thing of note was the Chima Beaver thing for $27 (passed).  Clearance I have seen is usually still not marked down past the first round on Lego, even when everything around it is 50% off.

Got lucky today at Target.  This one particular Target has had huge amounts of wave 12 clearanced down to 1.99 for the past month.  So I stopped in to see if it had gone down in price again.  It had not,  BUT they had a display of wave 13....which turned out to also be priced at 1.99.  After seeing that I put back the 2 superhero sets I was about to buy and instead between me and my friend we bought them out of wave 13, 96 figures in total.  

We only got 2 full sets out of it despite that.  The Paleontologist (2), King (3), Space Marine (3), Carpenter (3), and Hot Dog Guy (3) were hardest to find, with everyone else being there in plentiful amounts.   Since I have a fantasy/Castle setup I have plenty of use for the multitude of She-clops, Goblins, and to a lesser degree, Necromancer looking guys I ended up with.    Most common had to be Necromancer guy who we ended up with like 15 of between us. 

Got lucky today at Target. This one particular Target has had huge amounts of wave 12 clearanced down to 1.99 for the past month. So I stopped in to see if it had gone down in price again. It had not, BUT they had a display of wave 13....which turned out to also be priced at 1.99. After seeing that I put back the 2 superhero sets I was about to buy and instead between me and my friend we bought them out of wave 13, 96 figures in total.

We only got 2 full sets out of it despite that. The Paleontologist (2), King (3), Space Marine (3), Carpenter (3), and Hot Dog Guy (3) were hardest to find, with everyone else being there in plentiful amounts. Since I have a fantasy/Castle setup I have plenty of use for the multitude of She-clops, Goblins, and to a lesser degree, Necromancer looking guys I ended up with. Most common had to be Necromancer guy who we ended up with like 15 of between us.
Holy cow, went to Target today. Found a lone series 13 figure - $4.49. Their Christmas clearance apparently was taken out of the system "item not found" but I lucked out with a pretty cool cashier, who gave me a bunch of peeps summer sausage and pecans at90% off.

Went to TRU and my wife and I finally found a box of series 13, we'd k
only doubd two packs so far, so we decided to feel them up and get the set. They price matched an Amazon listing which had the figures for 1.79, so 14 figures came out to $25 before tax. I then realized afterwards the listing was from the marketplace. Oops. I will say I'm very impressed with the set. King is pretty cool, love Hot Dog Guy, Evil Wizard is awesome; and I'm very surpirsed with the snake charmer, possibly my favorite.

Staring at all those evil wizard capes gave me an idea.  I had to open my sealed Sentai Base to get the hair and face but using all stock parts I think he came out decent...

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25132]

Picked up the GL set since Green Lantern and Sinestro are two of my favorite characters. Going to try to sell "Spacesuit" Batman (I understand they're trying to put Batman in as many sets as possible, but really?) and possibly the rest of the set to recoup some of the cost.

Just saw that we're probably getting Series 2 of the Simpsons. Comic Book Guy is probably in!!!

Has there been any update on the Electro polybag?
Simpsons series 2 is the next set up in April, so theres no probably...also, Comic Book Guy mold has already been leaked. Electro polybag is rumored to be released this year sometime.

Rumored Simpsons list:

• Homer in his Sunday Best
  • Marge in her Sunday Best
  • Bartman
  • Lisa with Snowball II
  • Maggie with Santa’s Little Helper
  • Fallout Boy
  • Smithers
  • Patty
  • Selma
  • Comic Book Guy
  • Groundskeeper Willie
  • Mrs. Krabappel
  • Dr. Hibbert
  • Proffesor Frink
  • Hans Moleman
  • Martin Prince

Last edited by a moderator:
Found  BARC speeder for $17, ice cream machine for $21 and vulture droid for $19 at Walmart today. BJs club has the logging truck, camper van and tow truck for $14.98 each and grievous bike and v wing star fighter for $17.98 each. Not the greatest deals, but decent.

Oh brother. I made some nice booths for a ToysNBricks contest but I'm not home and didn't include a costumer for one of the booths because she didn't fit on the plate. I thought everything had to fit the plate.

So I asked and I got this as an answer.

The rules stated that booths should follow suit with those in the official set, and those in the official set clearly don't have room for a customer.

If all you have to use as a customer is a cat, I suppose it will be up to the voters to judge whether or not that meets the requirements.
This is my problem with LEGO community, they are so picky about every damn thing. Look at the box for the Winter Market and not all the booths have costumers. One of my booths doesn't have a costumer, oh no. I'm done with LEGO community. I'll stick to the raffles on Eurobricks and just build whatever the fuck I want. I would never win on TnB anyways, new people make deals with each other and frankly shit wins.

Oh brother. I made some nice booths for a ToysNBricks contest but I'm not home and didn't include a costumer for one of the booths because she didn't fit on the plate. I thought everything had to fit the plate.

So I asked and I got this as an answer.
This is my problem with LEGO community, they are so picky about every damn thing. Look at the box for the Winter Market and not all the booths have costumers. One of my booths doesn't have a costumer, oh no. I'm done with LEGO community. I'll stick to the raffles on Eurobricks and just build whatever the fuck I want. I would never win on TnB anyways, new people make deals with each other and frankly shit wins.
Yeah, the diehard Lego community is wack. Nothing negative against anyone here, the people in this thread are great, but look at Brickset. Best examples I have are how they consider "clone brands" the devil and their article blasting Lego on New Years Day for some hiccups on the Shop at Home site.

Saw series 13 figs at TRU today, picked up 3 of 'em: Evil Wizard, Sheriff, and Hot Dog Guy. The wife was excited to find the three remaining Bricktober sets, and they had a ton of Rocket Raccoon polys. All in all, good day.

Saw series 13 figs at TRU today, picked up 3 of 'em: Evil Wizard, Sheriff, and Hot Dog Guy. The wife was excited to find the three remaining Bricktober sets, and they had a ton of Rocket Raccoon polys. All in all, good day.
Lucky! I haven't found a rocket raccoon yet but I've been looking.

Yeah, the diehard Lego community is wack. Nothing negative against anyone here, the people in this thread are great, but look at Brickset. Best examples I have are how they consider "clone brands" the devil and their article blasting Lego on New Years Day for some hiccups on the Shop at Home site.
I was the one on Brickset going "Oh no I waited up for sets for 14 hours for no reason!" The funniest thing is you can order on New Years Day, THEY WILL NOT BE SHIPPED! It's a holiday. Next year all LEGO needs to do is say all the new sets come out on January 2nd, problem solved. However LEGO S@H has a ton of issues they need to fix like not having orders being placed, yet credit cards magically being charged, running out of sets and promos in a day is lame. Also Brickset's reviews are horrible, they don't did one on the new Bionicle and they are like "There aren't new pieces" and I'm like "What the fuck?" having talked to the designs and them going "about 40 new pieces", including the obvious new surf board / shield piece. If you don't know what the hell you are talking about then don't review the set, or just say you don't know.

Sooo, the local store has a Sandcrawler with some slight box damage which effectively gives you 50 bucks back in VIP points. I'd like opinions on the likelihood of that set ever getting clearanced. It would be the largest set we have by far and generally our lego store. 

I'd probably sell the set in a few years as long as it was feasible but I'm also wondering if any box damage could undue any chances of at least getting my money back. From checking ebay it lookes like Star Wars UCS has  100% or more return after it goes OOP.

Sooo, the local store has a Sandcrawler with some slight box damage which effectively gives you 50 bucks back in VIP points. I'd like opinions on the likelihood of that set ever getting clearanced. It would be the largest set we have by far and generally our lego store.

I'd probably sell the set in a few years as long as it was feasible but I'm also wondering if any box damage could undue any chances of at least getting my money back. From checking ebay it lookes like Star Wars UCS has 100% or more return after it goes OOP.
I didn't think Lego exclusives ever went clearance, and the reason they give VIP points on those damaged boxes is because y can't discount them per policy.

Someone else could probably answer the box question better than I could, but I think it just depends on the buyer. If you find someone who just wants the set and doesn't care for the box, you're set.

The UCS sets that shoot up in price are arguably a lot more popular. The B-Wing UCS, which wasn't popular, is still only hovering at the MSRP price. My guess for the Sandcrawler, due to it's already high price and limited appeal, is that it won't get you $600 when it's OOP.

I feel dirty. Bought two hot dog minifigres and the $4 price point plus 8.xx% tax really hit me. Know I remember why I stopped collecting.

I bought two in case someone here needs one.

Damn ... I can't believe I missed the Darth Revan minifig ... guess that's what I get for not wanting to spend $75 on Star Wars sets.

Wish they'd just release a set with Revan in it ... but then, if White Boba Fett never saw a separate release, I'm guessing the odds of adding Revan to my collection are slim to none.

Took a weekend trip and hit a LEGO store.  First time I walked out without buying anything.  First inclination was for a PAB cup, but I passed.  Saw the Valentine set (man proposing to girlfriend) and thought about it but it doesn't really go with anything else.  I do want the Microfighters Snow Speeder but I can get that anywhere. Also like the Batgirl keychain, but passed as well.  Just wasn't in a spending mood I guess.

The Detective Office looks awesome but I won't pull the trigger on that for awhile.

for anyone living near a meijer, apparently they are clearancing a ton of lego sets like 32 cent mixels, 50% off heartlake high and the like

for anyone living near a meijer, apparently they are clearancing a ton of lego sets like 32 cent mixels, 50% off heartlake high and the like
That reminds me, the edgewood Atlanta Target has their xmas clearance isle up, they had aquite a few friends sets at 50%, the Chima eagle tank at a measily 20% and the old Ninjago dragon at 30%.

Grabbed this set for $14 @ Walmart tonight, online and in-store pick up are dead but should still be able to PM in-store  -

k2-_329c8fc9-9524-44cc-bdc8-3c0292b108be.v1.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Chima-Razar-CHI-Raider-Play-Set/22018255?affillinktype=10&dest=9999999997&oid=100143.1&sourceid=15156313472135383965&u1=6dbacfb6fd604a3381cb98bfe631c25c&veh=aff&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

Damn ... I can't believe I missed the Darth Revan minifig ... guess that's what I get for not wanting to spend $75 on Star Wars sets.

Wish they'd just release a set with Revan in it ... but then, if White Boba Fett never saw a separate release, I'm guessing the odds of adding Revan to my collection are slim to none.
Wasn't that last years May the Fourth figure or did they havfe him again?

Wasn't that last years May the Fourth figure or did they havfe him again?
Yeah, it was ... I just had just read about it last May and then forgotten / blocked it out of my mind until today. I really wish the Old Republic game had taken off so we would end up seeing an actual set with Revan, rather than a one-off, but I don't see that happening.

Yeah, it was ... I just had just read about it last May and then forgotten / blocked it out of my mind until today. I really wish the Old Republic game had taken off so we would end up seeing an actual set with Revan, rather than a one-off, but I don't see that happening.
I got one with your name on it if I ever miss out on something. The TC-4 figure hasn't come out in the US has it?

Hm, seems the TC-4 was a Hong Kong TRU giveaway and also given away to MOC builders at Star Wars Day in LEGOLAND California last year. And I don't think I follow LEGO closely enough to grab something you'll miss, but you never know ... especially once Jurassic World sets come out ... I'm planning to go all in for those and will have more LEGO-related focus. ;)

Hey Green Giant, did you purposely make your stands look like monster faces?  The icicles look like teeth on the blue one and the ice cream cones look like eyebrows on the other one.  They look great though!  I would recommend putting bigger pictures in the contest thread to make it stand out more.  That way people don't have to click through to see the full picture.

I threw a quick entry up there too.  I wanted to make a Santa picture stand but a couple of people beat me to it so I went back to the old candy idea.

He's a bartender. Wouldn't count on every seeing. But I could be wrong.
Sudds Backwash says you are wrong:

suds.jpg

From LEGO Movie Creative Ambush set released last year, the bi-plane looks kinda like it was a saloon (I base that on the bottles and the dartboard and the swinging doors...and the piece that says Saloon):

70812_500.jpg

I want that set, I need a bartender for my saloon....

Found that set at 15% clearance at Target. Wish I could have gotten it earlier but no store had it pre-Christmas when it was in sale for $20-something.

Hey Green Giant, did you purposely make your stands look like monster faces? The icicles look like teeth on the blue one and the ice cream cones look like eyebrows on the other one. They look great though! I would recommend putting bigger pictures in the contest thread to make it stand out more. That way people don't have to click through to see the full picture.

I threw a quick entry up there too. I wanted to make a Santa picture stand but a couple of people beat me to it so I went back to the old candy idea.
:lol: No but subconsciously I'm thinking winter is a monster. You should have seen the blue one when it was grey. That looked like a rock monster.

I have no clue how to make them bigger. I hate flickr, I use photobucket but couldn't for the contest I just wanted them up. :)

:lol: No but subconsciously I'm thinking winter is a monster. You should have seen the blue one when it was grey. That looked like a rock monster.

I have no clue how to make them bigger. I hate flickr, I use photobucket but couldn't for the contest I just wanted them up. :)
It's a process, but here are the steps:

1. Click on your photo in the contest thread.

2. Click on the arrow pointing right at the lower right corner below your photo. If you hover over it it will say "Share this photo"

3. Under code, click on BBCode.

4. Change the dropdown to the Medium 640 x ** one.

5. Copy the code it generates in the box below and paste it into your post.

Alternatively copy and paste this into your post, just remove the "#" symbols before img and after https:

OK thanks! I think I posted them in the wrong place because they aren't in the entries section. And you know their lame rules.

I know I have no chance in winning, which is fine, I'm just glad that the entries this time are a lot better than past ones that won. Every time there was a contest people with 4-6 posts would win and their things, quite frankly, weren't that good. This time the entries are awesome.

And I think the ice cream one looks more like a monster. Sadly in the picture you can't tell that the tile piece on the counter is a selection of four ice cream flavors from an old Paradise set my sixte had (that for some reason didn't have all of it anymore). My sister was a horrible person, she glued the mini figures together.

OK thanks! I think I posted them in the wrong place because they aren't in the entries section. And you know their lame rules.

I know I have no chance in winning, which is fine, I'm just glad that the entries this time are a lot better than past ones that won. Every time there was a contest people with 4-6 posts would win and their things, quite frankly, weren't that good. This time the entries are awesome.

And I think the ice cream one looks more like a monster. Sadly in the picture you can't tell that the tile piece on the counter is a selection of four ice cream flavors from an old Paradise set my sixte had (that for some reason didn't have all of it anymore). My sister was a horrible person, she glued the mini figures together.
No problem. What do you mean? your entry is on the link I posted above about half way down the page.

You never know, but I do agree there are some really nice entries on there. I'm waiting to see nannan's entry since his creations are usually reall good.

No problem. What do you mean? your entry is on the link I posted above about half way down the page.

You never know, but I do agree there are some really nice entries on there. I'm waiting to see nannan's entry since his creations are usually reall good.
Oh wow. Those pictures were so tiny I couldn't even see my post. I fixed them all up and made it look decent.

I am looking for lego movie minifigures cat woman and shakespeare, anybody have them I can trade some minifigures from series 13 and I have certain ones from series 12 and other series but I would have to check which ones.  Those 2 are the only ones I am missing.

I was at a target last Thursday the stuff was 30% off. Nothing I wanted for 30%. Monday I was here, 30%. Today it's 70% and loser mothered are fighting over shit toys. I wanted the Friends pet thing on Monday but I didn't want it bad enough for 30%. Looks like they forgot to go to 50%.

Oh wow. Those pictures were so tiny I couldn't even see my post. I fixed them all up and made it look decent.
Lol... It took me a while to find because of that.

Cleaned out a Target with a bunch of toys at 70%, for those interested the target in Fontana has 3 Ninjago dragon mechs for $45, two in good shape one in bad shape. They still have the razor drifter and a pink scooter for 50% off, didn't ask to see if they hit 70% yet.

bread's done
Back