LEGO Deals 3

I'm hoping the Jurassic World sets will be divided into must-haves and 'I hate it' sets, so I can be selective in my collecting. Definitely in for the larger sets, just hoping there are a couple mid and small size throwaway sets that have the same dinos in the bigger sets I'll be grabbing.

Has anyone subscribed to Brick Loot?

I watched unboxing videos for the first two boxes - first seemed interesting, the second seemed lame and a little too self-promoting.

I've tried Loot Crate and Nerd Block, and ended up cancelling both due to the extreme random nature of the contents (I think they provided value, just not for me). I thought perhaps this would be a little more focused, but I have yet to see an actual LEGO product in the box.

Scored two cheap haunted houses at a local furniture store. Boxes were not perfect but both were brand new and somewhat sealed. I had to open them to make sure it was legit but its probably the best find I have ever had.

A furniture store? How much were they?
Lol i have no idea why they had them, they were $100 each. They go for about $350 on ebay so I am gonna sell one and pretty much have me a free haunted house after all the ridiculous fees and shipping the thing. Though I might hold onto it and see if I might be able to get a HP set out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol i have no idea why they had them, they were $100 each. They go for about $350 on ebay so I am gonna sell one and pretty much have me a free haunted house after all the ridiculous fees and shipping the thing. Though I might hold onto it and see if I might be able to get a HP set out of it.
That's amazing. Depending on how long you want to hold on to it you may likely see it continue to go up in value like the modulars. Was it a chain? Any chance I may find the same deal in Georgia?

The Brick Fan has pics up of the Mystery Machine set and the series 14 Halloween theme CMF's.

The Mystery Machine looks sweet. Not sold on all of those CMF's though. A couple of them look off brand quality

The minifigures look good, as does the mystery machine.  It could stand to be a little bigger to better fit everyone but I still like it. 

The minifigures look good, as does the mystery machine. It could stand to be a little bigger to better fit everyone but I still like it.
It's only $30-$35 so I'll happily take a slightly smaller van. Plus I think everyone will fit fine, it looks like two in the front and three in the back.

Eurobricks has a pic of the 90 pound / Euro castle which looks really nice, browns and purple with a pumpkin.

Target clearance is now hitting 50% off on most sets (generally the ones that started out at the paltry 15% off discount) and even 70% off on certain ones (mostly creator, Chima, and NinjaGo).  Most sets are still available online - generally if the set indicates "online only", more than likely it is on clearance at most if not all physical locations that carry(ied) it :D  ;).  Obvious exceptions are the UCS, modular, premium sets they only carry online.  

Here are most of the notable sets on clearance this go-round along with the lowest prices I've found them for (please report if you've found any of these lower)...

City/Creator

204-00-1247 City Police Station, clearanced out months ago but still in system at most stores.  Found as low as $49.98, most stores have it at $76.98 or $65.48

204-00-1250 City Camper, also clearanced out months ago but still in system at most stores for $9.98 or $13.98

204-00-0968 Coast Guard larger ship $39.98

204-00-0967 Coast Guard Chopper $19.98

204-00-1272 City 60045 Police boat $22.48

204-00-0581 Museum Break-in $21.48 (these were clearanced out at most stores a while ago, but some stores restocked them at a reduced price of $41.99 or so from which they went on clearance)

204-00-0912 Creator Family House $21.48 (same with the Museum, these were clearanced out at most stores a while ago, but some stores restocked them at a reduced price of $41.99 or so from which they went on clearance)

204-00-1245 Heavy Police Chopper/Crook Hideout $39.98/$23.98/not in system

204-00-0980 City Starter Set $12.48

Star Wars/Super Heroes/Friends/NinjaGo/Chima/Lego Movie

204-00-0961 Jabba's Sail Barge $59.98

204-00-1337 Batman/Joker Steamroller $14.68 

204-00-1180 Batcave $34.98

204-00-1342 Hulk Lab Smash $24.98

204-00-0194 Lego Movie Emmett's Mech $29.98

204-00-1284 NinjaGo Nindroid Mech Dragon $26.98

086-02-1846 Lego Friends Heartlake High School $34.98

Other clearance sets I'm too lazy to write up are most/all of the other older city $20-ish vehicle sets, most other older city fire police and coast guard sets, the older Star Wars troop builder mini fighter and droid sets, older Super Heroes sets (Iron Man 3 sets, Man of Steel sets, Spidey Cycle/Venom  and Daily Bugle set, etc.) and a bunch of creator, NinjaGo, and Chima sets.

Target clearance is now hitting 50% off on most sets (generally the ones that started out at the paltry 15% off discount) and even 70% off on certain ones (mostly creator, Chima, and NinjaGo). Most sets are still available online - generally if the set indicates "online only", more than likely it is on clearance at most if not all physical locations that carry(ied) it :D ;). Obvious exceptions are the UCS, modular, premium sets they only carry online.

Here are most of the notable sets on clearance this go-round along with the lowest prices I've found them for (please report if you've found any of these lower)...

City/Creator

204-00-1247 City Police Station, clearanced out months ago but still in system at most stores. Found as low as $49.98, most stores have it at $76.98 or $65.48

204-00-1250 City Camper, also clearanced out months ago but still in system at most stores for $9.98 or $13.98

204-00-0968 Coast Guard larger ship $39.98

204-00-0967 Coast Guard Chooper $19.98

204-00-1272 City 60045 Police boat $22.48

204-00-0581 Museum Break-in $21.48 (these were clearanced out at most stores a while ago, but some stores restocked them at a reduced price of $41.99 or so from which they went on clearance)

204-00-0912 Creator Family House $21.48 (same with the Museum, these were clearanced out at most stores a while ago, but some stores restocked them at a reduced price of $41.99 or so from which they went on clearance)

204-00-1245 Heavy Police Chopper/Crook Hideout $39.98/$23.98/not in system

204-00-0980 City Starter Set $12.48

Star Wars/Super Heroes/Friends/NinjaGo/Chima/Lego Movie

204-00-0961 Jabba's Sail Barge $59.98

204-00-1337 Batman/Joker Steamroller $14.68

204-00-1180 Batcave $33.98

204-00-1342 Hulk Lab Smash $24.98

204-00-0194 Lego Movie Emmett's Mech $29.98

204-00-1284 NinjaGo Nindroid Mech Dragon $26.98

086-02-1846 Lego Friends Heartlake High School $34.98

Other clearance sets I'm too lazy to write up are most/all of the other older city $20-ish vehicle sets, most other older city fire police and coast guard sets, the older Star Wars troop builder mini fighter and droid sets, older Super Heroes sets (Iron Man 3 sets, Man of Steel sets, Spidey Cycle/Venom and Daily Bugle set, etc.) and a bunch of creator, NinjaGo, and Chima sets.
Man, I wish I could find a few of these.

Nothing but Chima stuff is ever on clearance at my stores. I think it's all an urban myth, especially at those prices.
Same here. Usually the sets are actually still available, just full price. Then they mysteriously disappear. But I do live in a city full of scalpers, so who knows?

What a deal!

9e12bf3ab312c02cad2147d3a5381ea3.jpg

Protip: The werewolf is the lumberjack from series 5.
You are absolutely right, great eye! Nice nod from Lego. That'll be a fun series to collect.

My son and I picked up a couple of sets today on a whim, the Prototype Tie Fighter, the double decker couch and a city dune buggy set. Fun time putting those together today as a family.

Yeah I was going to buy 70812 Creative Ambush for $24, two Valentines day sets and a few series 12, but shipping would have been $7-$9 and I didn't feel like spending $20+ more dollars to get free shipping. Even though i will probably be buying the Valentines Day sets and paying $7 for shipping anyways. :lol:

I know LEGOs are big sometimes, and people have a fit over if the box has a tiny dent in the box, but if I can buy tons of very heavy candles and their shipping is a flat $6 why is it that LEGO's shipping is so damn much?

Stumbled upon this a couple of days ago and have been holding it close to the vest until I could get mine (which I just did this morning), but there are two more Lego sets that are on clearance at certain Target stores...and they're REALLY good ones (IMO), at least they are at the 70% off clearance price I've found them.  Anyway, thought some people here might just be interested in this.

204-00-0238 X-Men Blackbird vs. Sentinel / Magneto $17.08   :hot:  :hot:  :hot: (found at this price only at two City Target locations - Westwood and downtown L.A. 7th/Fig)

204-00-0239 Guardians of the Galaxy Milano $22.48  :hot:  :hot:  :hot:  (at two regular Targets - Pacoima and Santa Fe Springs) $25.78   :hot:  :hot:  (at two City Targets mentioned above)...I got mine for $25.78 each as the two stores that have it at $22.48 are a bit out of the way...I overpaid   :p

If anyone lives near meijer. Reports of $56 high speed train, $20 heart lake high and $26 dolphin cruiser as they are further clearance on toys. I really wish there was one in MD.

Protip #2: Toys R Us will pricematch the lego store website, even says so on their page. Save yourself some money on shipping costs.
They will not pricematch and do any promos though. I found that out last night trying to get them to pm daily bugle showdown (usually 49.99 retail, but they had it as 64.99) while also taking advantage of the $20 off of $75 they had in store.

They will not pricematch and do any promos though. I found that out last night trying to get them to pm daily bugle showdown (usually 49.99 retail, but they had it as 64.99) while also taking advantage of the $20 off of $75 they had in store.
Most places don't let you double-dip, sadly. On the plus side, some people may have rewards r us credit to use.

Found Mixels series #4 at Walmart tonight.  System didn't recognize them but the cashier forced them through.  The dark blue ones have glow in the dark pieces. 

Protip #2: Toys R Us will pricematch the lego store website, even says so on their page. Save yourself some money on shipping costs.
Protip #3: I rather pay for shipping that deal with TRU bullshit. You know they will come up with made up limits or just simply tell you "no" if you try to buy mini figures from them for $2.

Protip #3: I rather pay for shipping that deal with TRU bullshit. You know they will come up with made up limits or just simply tell you "no" if you try to buy mini figures from them for $2.
I'm pretty fed up with TRU's hilariously bad CRM system. I've lost a couple of coupons through returns on items and also the shell game of figuring out which discount you want to apply since they often have two running on lego's and yet you can't use both.

Does anyone remember when target drops down prices on clearance?  Obviously my store is a little behind the rest of them.  I'd like to be there on the day they normally drop prices to catch something overpriced

Pretty annoyed.

Bought a Winter Village Market off Amazon 2 weeks ago. Was putting it away just now, and noticed that the stickers seemed to have been opened before. So I carefully peel up the stickers, and lo and behold, it's missing bags.

The tape sealing the box is really easy to remove without damaging anything, now that I've tried it.

Does anyone remember when target drops down prices on clearance? Obviously my store is a little behind the rest of them. I'd like to be there on the day they normally drop prices to catch something overpriced
Thursdays. But I went to one it was 30% off on Thursday and Monday then that Thursday was 50-70%.

bread's done
Back