LEGO Deals 3

Looks better than Kre-0
[attachment=36901:5559EEF3-0319-4472-8438-215026BC0370.jpeg][attachment=36902:B8CAE106-4165-45EB-B0EF-1A9DFC9DB401.jpeg][attachment=36903:06B8D792-D0A6-4DC1-AEC9-FDBE099D461F.jpeg]

Big negative, voltron was the same price and more pieces. I’d rather pay this than the $700 for talk-command Optimus, which is cool but not that cool.
I have Episode 7 and 9 Falcons. They are nice, total cost like $160.

Is the $800 one awesome? Yes. $800 awesome? Nope. The ATAT I also like but that's not anywhere close to an $800 model either.

This is $160GWP
Is it cute, yes, is it $160. Probably not. Still better than that taxi.

74802_P1065322.JPG

This is $160GWP
Is it cute, yes, is it $160. Probably not. Still better than that taxi.

74802_P1065322.JPG
What is this supposed to be? What are they doing to that poor teddy?

ETA: That Optimus Prime looks way better than the Voltron to me. Hopefully Target or Amazon will have a sale on it at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Voltron looked great, I thought. The only bad thing about it was the leg spread that makes standing it up weird.

The Optimus Prime is $180? Must have been an expensive license, because that should have been like $120.

Optimus Prime looks awesome! I'm not gonna buy it because Transformers isn't $180 awesome to me.

Funny I don't like the giant pyramid, but I like the micro parts in front. Apparently, just sell me micro-pyramids and ships.

Whenever I see a GWP but don’t want to plunk down the minimum, I just search Mercari, eBay, etc for a deal

In general that Optimus looks nice except for the eyes, yikes

The Voltron looked great, I thought. The only bad thing about it was the leg spread that makes standing it up weird.

The Optimus Prime is $180? Must have been an expensive license, because that should have been like $120.
I think Voltron and Optimus both look fine. But OP should be $120-$130 max, it's really small and has no figures.

One positive from Lego being so expensive is that it's not hard to hit $160 threshold.
About 3-4 polybags now-a-days.

More so in the USA. There are sets like the farm and the space station that are 50 Euro and $70-80. The USA isn't even a country contry and we have sales tax extra.

I wish Lego.com would sell polybags. There are some I never see in stores, like the spider-man from this year. Others I find at the most random places, like Joann Fabrics.

Does adding a VIP reward to an order slow down the shipping? Placed an order Saturday and it’s still “in warehouse.” Not a big deal but I guess Lego isn’t putting its profits into the shipping department.

A couple of the summer sets I was excited for are a lot more expensive than I initially hoped. The Viking ship, the farm, the Monkie Kid van.

I wish Lego.com would sell polybags. There are some I never see in stores, like the spider-man from this year. Others I find at the most random places, like Joann Fabrics.

Does adding a VIP reward to an order slow down the shipping? Placed an order Saturday and it’s still “in warehouse.” Not a big deal but I guess Lego isn’t putting its profits into the shipping department.
My mom said Aldi's sells polybags. I think polybags should be a VIP reward. Have a bunch of them there for like 600 points. Before the pandemic LEGO.com was getting polybags very slowly.

No. LEGO is just incredibly slow. Two billion dollars in net profit isn't enough to hire a few more people.

A couple of the summer sets I was excited for are a lot more expensive than I initially hoped. The Viking ship, the farm, the Monkie Kid van.
Did tower bridge spider-man ever get released here in the US?

The $20 Speed Champ Bond car will have a Daniel Craig, aka worst James Bond, figure.

Fake news!
Opps, Biden is 'president', that's misinformation!
It's sold out. It's been sold out for about 30 seconds after you posted that. :lol:
Whoops. I managed to grab one. Couldn't tell if it was sold out for just me since there's an item limit, or completely gone.

Also, Starry Night and BttF Delorean in the same year!?! Amazing

Did it really sell out? I managed to get one, I guess I don’t feel too bad overpaying on eBay for one last year.

Which bricklink sets do you guys think are poised to sell quick? Sucks that they’re all expensive, I want to like the train depot but dislike it at the same time.

1950s Diner just because it's the most reasonably priced lol. Then Winter Chalet.

TBH I don't get the pricing. Steam Powered Science looks extremely detailed at $299.99 compared to some of the other entries.

If I buy one buy they don't produce it, I'm assuming they just won't charge me right?

Did it really sell out? I managed to get one, I guess I don’t feel too bad overpaying on eBay for one last year.

Which bricklink sets do you guys think are poised to sell quick? Sucks that they’re all expensive, I want to like the train depot but dislike it at the same time.
Yes. I didn't want one but I checked at 9:18 maybe and it was gone.

I wish LEGO did a better job of separating the sets out. Having all the sets be massively expensive and then not being charged for a year is insane. It's hard to tell what will sell out in Bricklink now. I'd say the Dinner just because it's cheaper.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting on my safe and flying sets from a previous wave. Keep getting emails that they're delayed but I don't think Lego has committed to a date yet.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting on my safe and flying sets from a previous wave. Keep getting emails that they're delayed but I don't think Lego has committed to a date yet.
My fishing boat is supposed to be shipped June 2-3.

Winter Chalet is first set to reach 3,000 orders.
Train Station is second.
Dinner is third.
Observatory is 4th. (It's $250 the listing is wrong.)
Construction site probably be 5th.

Hopefully the Observatory sells out before I cave and order one since I don't really need it. Don't particularly care for any of the other four.
It's only $250, not $320, you know you want it.... ;)

(I bought it as soon as I realized it was $250.)

I like the train station, love trains, but that price is rough.

I may get the Winter Chalet to go with the Winter Village sets......I like the 1950s Diner but have nowhere to display it.

It would be easier to preorder more if Lego actually shipped previous ones so I could judge whether or not they were worth the price.

I may get the Winter Chalet to go with the Winter Village sets......I like the 1950s Diner but have nowhere to display it.

It would be easier to preorder more if Lego actually shipped previous ones so I could judge whether or not they were worth the price.
They did ship pervious versions, just not to first round of first round and not to the USA.

Also the Winter Chalet is gone, OOS.

Hopefully the Observatory sells out before I cave and order one since I don't really need it. Don't particularly care for any of the other four.
That’s the way I am with the train station, I picked up the winter cottage, I think the space themed set would have sold better if it wasn’t just shown as a design.

Ugh … the mini golf set seems really fun, but I love “base” sets like the Viking Village … and the fish are nice too. I vote … for all three!

I like all three, but I can't picture myself buying any of them.  The viking one will likely be too expensive for what it is, but it's the one I'd be most likely to buy. But it's also my least favorite of the three.

bread's done
Back