LEGO Deals 3

I hate FedEx. I had an order in two parts - both scheduled for delivery yesterday. I was doing front yard work when the truck rolled up. The driver spent about 10 minutes in the back of the truck before driving off. Now the tracking say package delayed for both. What dumbasses.

Here we area week later and the two packages never arrived. The status changed to undeliverable. LOL! At least WM has sent replacement items.

$260
3600 pieces
May 15th
10341-artemis-sls-first-look.jpg

$260
3600 pieces
May 15th
10341-artemis-sls-first-look.jpg
The “reveal” of this was pretty amusing actually. The main Lego subreddit, which abhors/is terrified of leaks had someone post it innocuously titled as something like “just saw an amazing set at Taipei airport” and everyone’s like “uh, that hasn’t even been announced or pictured yet, this is way early”

They're funny over there, IDK why leaked images of real sets are such a pain point for the mods. Instead lets see another picture from someone who dropped $1500 3 days ago to buy all the newest modular/technic/UCS sets at once and fawn over their amazing display of wealth. :rolleyes:

The problem is LEGO is a big corporation and threatens to sue everyone without cause if you 'leak' the images early. Several years ago Jang got threatened with lawsuits from Disney and he pretty stood his ground. Most people don't have the time or money to fight obviously baseless lawsuits.

And Pirate brings up a good point. I have about 70% of the modulars, but some people have hundreds of thousands of followers with just having all the modulars on a little road. Where is the creativity in that? However these rich assholes then get a following and LEGO sends them free LEGO. Kind of like the DuckBrick guy we all hate. haha

Supposedly only $110. A little shocking LEGO didn't include a floating hull or the new road plates LEGO seemed to forget abut this year.
439598648_25665216549736164_5483508042728776450_n.jpg

Love it, 7994 retired just about the time I was getting back into Lego so I never grabbed it but I always thought it was a fun looking set. This one definitely doesn’t look as good as 7994 was but given how much Lego has taken advantage of inflation and how much 7994, I’ll grab this new one for sure if the price ends up being $110.

Oh boy, the leaked Roller Coaster at $100 seems pretty cool also, almost too good to be true for both of them.

I didn't see the coaster until just now. It has an Exo-Force mech with it! Then there is a auto truck with three cars for $100, and we are supposed to get a LEGO truck for $100 too.

I was thinking the new harbour would look like 7994 with the new roadplates, just a smaller boat with a little building on the side. 7994 looks more finished but the new one looks more fun for children.

Love it, 7994 retired just about the time I was getting back into Lego so I never grabbed it but I always thought it was a fun looking set. This one definitely doesn’t look as good as 7994 was but given how much Lego has taken advantage of inflation and how much 7994, I’ll grab this new one for sure if the price ends up being $110.

Oh boy, the leaked Roller Coaster at $100 seems pretty cool also, almost too good to be true for both of them.

Yea I should have bought 7994 16 years ago!

Yea I should have bought 7994 16 years ago!
It’s one of the most stupidly overpriced City sets around on the secondary market. But man is it an insight into how much better priced LEGO was back then. It’s a gigantic set that MSRPd for $90, (I’m seeing adjusted for inflation at $135 now).

This new version is supposedly gonna be $120 (which feels like a deal), but significantly smaller (particularly the boat). If they released 7994 today, exactly as it was back then, I’d bet it’d easily be $160-180, if not more.

Has anyone gotten the QR codes to actually work? I've tried three different scanners, none scan and the one that did found nothing.

I bought 12 new figures from some eBay clown for super cheap. [I won and he didn't mail the figures for 10 days.]
If anyone wants to trade. Also still looking for Vidiyo shark.
My extras: Two train boys, mushroom, dino woman, gamer, Bat Knight, purple wing creature.
Don't have: Goat, detective, olympic guy, weightlift girl.

Last edited:
I have only seen the large QR codes once in a store and I didn't bother trying to scan since there was only a couple figs left.

Even the figs I got recently from Target were the small non-scannable codes.

Has anyone gotten the QR codes to actually work? I've tried three different scanners, none scan and the one that did found nothing.
Maybe the codes have changed again since, but the big ones scanned just fine for me when I finally found boxes with them instead of the small ones: https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/it-l...-codes-could-reliably-reveal-contents-inside/ didn't need a special app or website, my scanner popped right up with what was inside and was spot on for the ones I bought/opened.

Maybe the codes have changed again since, but the big ones scanned just fine for me when I finally found boxes with them instead of the small ones: https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/it-l...-codes-could-reliably-reveal-contents-inside/ didn't need a special app or website, my scanner popped right up with what was inside and was spot on for the ones I bought/opened.

Must be my phone being a cheaper Andriod but that was the one that scanned and none of the codes came up.

May the 4th promos (available starting 5/1):
  • Trade Federation Troop Carrier w/ $160 Star Wars purchase
  • AAT w/ $40 Star Wars purchase
  • Battle of Yavin collectible w/ $90 Star Wars purchase (insiders only)
  • Star Wars art print for 1,800 pts (insiders only)
There's also a Star Wars coffee table book coming out, but it's $150. Conceptually, it looks similar to that Ferrari book they did a while back with design details, interviews, etc. Hopefully it won't be a pain to order like the Ferrari one though.

May the 4th promos (available starting 5/1):
  • Trade Federation Troop Carrier w/ $160 Star Wars purchase
  • AAT w/ $40 Star Wars purchase
  • Battle of Yavin collectible w/ $90 Star Wars purchase (insiders only)
  • Star Wars art print for 1,800 pts (insiders only)
There's also a Star Wars coffee table book coming out, but it's $150. Conceptually, it looks similar to that Ferrari book they did a while back with design details, interviews, etc. Hopefully it won't be a pain to order like the Ferrari one though.
No, this is good. We can start getting an idea on price per page now like the price per piece with sets. So Ferrari was 230 pages at $80, so about $.35 a page, this is 315 pages at $150, so about $.47 a page. When the inevitable Marvel one comes around, I’m guessing $.45 a page.

Must be my phone being a cheaper Andriod but that was the one that scanned and none of the codes came up.
Android here too. Literally a free phone, the cheapest one Verizon had, I got for trading in an ancient Samsung Galaxy. TCL, like the Chinese company that makes the garbage flatscreen TVs you see on heavy discount for Black Friday every year. I actually did use an app apparently, "QR and Barcode Scanner."

bread's done
Back