LEGO Deals 3

Guaranteed 6-packs would be a nice alternative. Of course they'd split up the anticipated chase figures, but I might be more willing to spend a bit more and take on less desirable figures if I knew I'd get the ones I actually want, too. As it is, I bought these 24 expecting to return 12 regardless.

We have a Lego Store nearby so making returns for store credit isn't a huge hassle, but I think Bricklink might be the way to go going forward considering how long it takes to deduce what's actually in the boxes (they're all small QRs still, not searchable, and my kitchen scale isn't fine enough OFC). A D&D wave might be OK to buy blind though, for fitting into castle builds.

That D&D wave is going to go fast I bet. They’re close to the same size miniatures/tabletop gamers use, so I’m betting a lot of D&D players are going to be snatching those up to use as their tabletop character.

Kohl's has the Friends Advent for $14.
Marvel for $18.

Free shipping at $50. No in store pick up. Two Marvel and a Friends will get you free shipping.

I got my damn goats the old-fashioned way, by looking like a creep at the Lego Store while fingering every box in the crate. The manager on duty was a good sport about it though, we had a laugh when I brought out the kitchen scale and gave up trying to scan QR codes. It's the only figure that comes out close to/exactly at 20 grams, if anybody is wondering.

D&D may be what gets me back into LEGO … I’ve had a severe interest drought in new sets lately. Most of the main line designs just don’t seem as interesting as they were a few years ago. Ironically if it was 2011, I would probably buy up all of those Castle and Space Police sets that I passed on due to lack of $. But the 2024 Space line just seems very blah and even the medieval market isn’t particularly exciting (one goat … feels petty). Hoping that new D&D set plus the rumored minifigure wave will kickstart my interest.

March 1st GWPs

Spend $200 on anything and get a Flower Shop that looks like a House of the World from last year.
Spend $50 on Creator, City, Animal Crossing, Friends, DreamZZZ and get TWO polybags, A friends one with an otter and Maple from AC

New / Returning Rewards

2700 points get you the Micro Ninjago City
2400 points gets you the cassette player or the grey micro castle

The Flower Shop GWP sold out in 10 hours. I don't understand why LEGO can't figure out how to make sets.

Also Mario sets have double points.

The Flower Shop GWP sold out in 10 hours. I don't understand why LEGO can't figure out how to make sets.

Also Mario sets have double points.

LEGO is a founding member of CAB - Cheap Ass Business. They aren't interesting in giving away that many sets under GWP.

LEGO is a founding member of CAB - Cheap Ass Business. They aren't interesting in giving away that many sets under GWP.

I get that but then why not make the limit $250 like they did with the houses of the world last year?

Then there is this set I just preordered because I think it's a pricing mistake. 560 piece City Space set for only $35?! If this was last year the set be 35Euro and $80USD.

I love it, and am all for the new inclusive minfigs, but have to laugh at the idea of an astronaut in a wheelchair.

I don't know why they didn't just stick some cones on the handles and call it a flying wheelchair.

However $35 for 560 pieces is nice. The ice cream shop is $40, much less pieces, the last space station was $80 for 500 pieces.

I love it, and am all for the new inclusive minfigs, but have to laugh at the idea of an astronaut in a wheelchair.

His wheelchair gets a hover drone. Does that make it better or worse? 🤣
GUEST_df130bdd-7b45-430c-9e08-cca118406e7c

I had to go to the mall over the weekend and stopped by the Lego store and looked at all the new releases, well Stitch was sold out but I saw the display piece. Saw the Snow White set and the interior is greatly lacking but still an overall cool set. Still plan on getting it one day but just gonna wait for a deal, double points, GWP.

I had to go to the mall over the weekend and stopped by the Lego store and looked at all the new releases, well Stitch was sold out but I saw the display piece. Saw the Snow White set and the interior is greatly lacking but still an overall cool set. Still plan on getting it one day but just gonna wait for a deal, double points, GWP.
Same here, went to Mall of America Lego store and both the Brickheadz Stitch and big stitch were gone late Saturday morning. The Spider-Man construction figure was also gone, basically everything my kids wanted. And the Speed Champioan Mustang was gone also, so I also left empty handed.

Some Animal Crossing and most of the new Star Wars were left but my kids aren’t interested in those too much anymore.

Then there is this set I just preordered because I think it's a pricing mistake. 560 piece City Space set for only $35?! If this was last year the set be 35Euro and $80USD.

It's up for preorder on S@H now too, same $35 price FYI.

Seems like the math on Mar10 day should be 10%, but I'd prefer 64% or 85%.
I like the idea of 10% off for a lot more sets. Why brag about two sets, the Peach Starter and the small Rhino set, are 15% off? That's really sad.

It's up for preorder on S@H now too, same $35 price FYI.
I saw that with a limit of 3, the limit is normally 5 on City sets.

This set at $35 and the X-men Blackbird at $85… Lego pricing continues to be a weird, wild thing.
And people will still defend the pricing. I think it's clear LEGO just charges what they think they can get. Makes no sense but I will buy this set day one to show LEGO I support decent priced sets.

No one defended the Blackbird. I want it, but it'd be overpriced at even $50 with how light the box is.
I’m an X-men shill, I’d definitely pay $50 for it, no chance I’ll pay more than that for it though, especially considering I still have the first blackbird jet sealed in a box around here somewhere.

No one defended the Blackbird. I want it, but it'd be overpriced at even $50 with how light the box is.
It's not just about one set though, people defend the stupid pricing. 2022 we had sub 500 piece City sets, school, grocery store, that were 50 Euro and $70-$80 and people tried making up excuses for that.

Now years later with the great Bidenomics inflation the set is half the price that it would have been? 18 months ago? Throw a dart at the way and figure out what LEGO charges.

yeah its rare I find anything on clearance that I consider as such on the rare occasion I actually see it. that diddy kong set is cute but I still wouldn't bite for that price. thats why it was such a shock when I found those few sets for 70% off at Target back in January and had to grab them. I remember 10-15 years ago finding seasonal clearance for 70% off wasn't unheard of. Now if Target does clearance sets they're swooped on at 15%-30% off

the Gotham skyline is also cute, clever but won't be grabbing that either.

New Mario sets out August 1st.
Getting Mario Kart sets in 2025 in this same tiresome style.
Rumoured prices.
$120
71437-1.jpg

$75
71436_alt3.jpg

$65
71435_alt2.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the train and haunted mansion, actually. Not buying it since it's not my top choice of themes given the amount of room I have but that's the only real reason.

I really like the train and haunted mansion, actually. Not buying it since it's not my top choice of themes given the amount of room I have but that's the only real reason.

This year's sets really finally got the design down. The train is really nice, and the mansion and castle on hinges so it opens is a really great design choice.

I agree with the space though, I'm only going to by the Bowser muscle car because it's a great price and smaller.

another case of I think those are cute sets but I won't be picking them up but we did get news that Mario Kart sets are coming next year. Hope that means they are in the minifigure scale finally. I remember years ago K-nex had Mario Kart sets, they were good designs but felt apart very easily.

another case of I think those are cute sets but I won't be picking them up but we did get news that Mario Kart sets are coming next year. Hope that means they are in the minifigure scale finally. I remember years ago K-nex had Mario Kart sets, they were good designs but felt apart very easily.

The Mario Kart sets are NOT minifigures. Digital Mario is shown in the teaser. I do question just how much longer LEGO can draw out the current style of Mario.

Best Buy has some Mario sets for 20% off, Amazon is price matching which is nice because it seems Best Buy got rid of free shipping. [Now BB is enforcing the $35 minimum.]

Temped to get the Bowser Car and the Yoshis.

Last edited:
Lego Shop has two Easter GWP. One with $80 purchase, brick built Easter House, and one for $40, the $5 Easter bunny polybag.

There is a VERY LIMITED sale going on too, but the Disney 100 Peter Pan set is 20% off and Honey has $6 back. Atari is $12 with $20 CB. Brachiosaurus is normal price but $15 CB which is the best deal I've seen.

Last edited:
ooh I have been looking for a deal on that Peter Pan set, never showed up at any Costco's around here. I did stop into Costco over the weekend and they did have the new Stitch set, its cute but I resisted and $12 off retail wasn't enough to sway me.

bread's done
Back