LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='bigdaddy']Nah. No one goes to TRU except to steal things and yell at people.

Besides Prim. He goes there to watch the stealers and get yelled at. ;)[/QUOTE]

Where's the Like button on here ...

[quote name='scp89']wow this super star destroyer from target is becoming a HUGE pain....3 different emails so far with Target and counting....

anyway thanks for the Amazon Visa promo info for lego - I picked up the large Hobbit set/small set and the free bear for 79 shipped...thx
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-The-Hobb...id=1355354511&sr=8-1&keywords=the+hobbit+lego 9.97 and http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Hobbit-G...id=1355354512&sr=8-8&keywords=the+hobbit+lego for 89.99

thx again[/QUOTE]

What's the deal with the super star destroyer from target? I've been eyeballing that set myself.

[quote name='dschroll']What's the deal with the super star destroyer from target? I've been eyeballing that set myself.[/QUOTE]

It's already dead but it was already on sale for I think $319 with an additional 20% off stacked on top of it.

Amazon currently has the The Super Star Destroyer for $309.99 and you can use the promo code TOY20OFF for an additional 20% off if you have an Amazon visa, only valid when you spend $100 and more.

Lego Fire Brigade $119.99

Medieval Market Village $89.99

Just a few sets for interest, I received a code for 10% up to $200 off, I have no idea if they stack since I don't have an Amazon Visa.

Max discount with amazon deal is $20 though...with toy20off code...

i'd be willing to take that 10% code and make sure they work for u :) - I never did receive a 10% code for my amazon account - oh well....

[quote name='skiizim']It's already dead but it was already on sale for I think $319 with an additional 20% off stacked on top of it.

Amazon currently has the The Super Star Destroyer for $309.99 and you can use the promo code TOY20OFF for an additional 20% off if you have an Amazon visa, only valid when you spend $100 and more.

Lego Fire Brigade $119.99

Medieval Market Village $89.99

Just a few sets for interest, I received a code for 10% up to $200 off, I have no idea if they stack since I don't have an Amazon Visa.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped at Target this morning. The City bank set was on clearance for $35 and the orange dump truck was $14...bought two of each to get the BOGO50%off deal which brought each one to just a little short of 50% off retail. Now I don't have to wait and hope for weeks to see if they hit 50% off through the clearance cycle.

My Target sucks.

Speaking of things that suck TRU has $25 off of $100.

It doesn't include the castle village set. What a shock.

[quote name='180husher']Stopped at Target this morning. The City bank set was on clearance for $35 and the orange dump truck was $14...bought two of each to get the BOGO50%off deal which brought each one to just a little short of 50% off retail. Now I don't have to wait and hope for weeks to see if they hit 50% off through the clearance cycle.[/QUOTE]

Do you happen to have the DPCI numbers for those sets? Should be on the receipt and/or the red clearance stickers on the packages. Also, did you notice any other sets on clearance?

Bank #3661 = 204-00-0952

Dump Truck #4434 = 204-00-1160

For got to use the $10 giftcard coupon with $50 purchase, so I'm going back...makes the dump truck practically free!

No other city, some bionicles or whatever they are now, Naboo starfighter, SW planet sets wave 1.

[quote name='180husher']Bank #3661 = 204-00-0952

Dump Truck #4434 = 204-00-1160

For got to use the $10 giftcard coupon with $50 purchase, so I'm going back...makes the dump truck practically free![/QUOTE]

I thought the $10 giftcard with $50 purchase coupon was expired?

[quote name='prim4444']TRU 12/14-12/15 Sale prices

City Town City Garage $87.09
Star Wars Hoth Echo Base $63.64
City Fire Plane $46.89
Star Wars Palpatine's Arrest $73.69
Super Heroes Quinjet Aerial Battle $56.94
Ninjago Samurai Mech $30.14
LotR Battle of Helm's Deep $93.79[/QUOTE]

Hi, does anyone know where I can get more info about this sale?
I can't find anything.Is it online,in store?
Thanks everyone

If you're in the Orlando area and are/know a Disney employee, they have the annual discount at the LEGO store in Downtown Disney this week, expiring tomorrow - 30% off pretty much everything.

[quote name='kojubat']If you're in the Orlando area and are/know a Disney employee, they have the annual discount at the LEGO store in Downtown Disney this week, expiring tomorrow - 30% off pretty much everything.[/QUOTE]

WOW, that's pretty awesome. Wonder if they're doing the same at Downtown Disney/Disneyland?

Thanks for the head's up, husher, although the 2 stores I checked out by my office (Culver City Fox Hills mall and Culver City) had only ONE bank in stock, and no dump/"tipper" truck (only Culver City mall had the tipper truck marked for clearance anyway). This despite both stores indicating 15 of the bank in stock! Either some super mega hoarder cleared both stores and the system hasn't updated yet (doubtful), or they are somewhere on a cart in the stockroom getting ready to be put out on clearance (which is what the manager told me). Every store apparently has plenty of each, apparently...just no where to be found. I bought the lone bank and plan to do a return/rebuy when I find another one at another store and get the $10 GC with $50 applied as well.

the following sets were on clearance, all at the 30% off: Target exclusive Anakin Naboo starfighter $34.98 both stores had dozens, all 3 series 1 planet pods $7.68 each (although only the Naboo one was on clearance at the Culver City store), and I think the pink/girl's bucket of bricks was on clearance although I forgot to price check it...they had a red clearance tag in front of it, but under the clearance tag was the shelf tag for the Black Pearl, although that rang up $99.99 in the system). Also, most/all of the Kreo sets were on clearance including the big Optimus Prime one for 50% off $29.98. Putting this under spoiler alert to limit the amount of eyes on these deals so hopefully they will get to the largest clearance discounts

I really want that bank set! I'm going to my local Target tomorrow to pick up two with their promotion going. I haven't seen it in my store in at least two months.

Ok ... I was weak ... I just ordered Jabba's Palace on Amazon ... it dropped to $99 before the discount, so for $86 after tax I got the set plus the free bear ... sigh ...

[quote name='etcrane']Ok ... I was weak ... I just ordered Jabba's Palace on Amazon ... it dropped to $99 before the discount, so for $86 after tax I got the set plus the free bear ... sigh ...[/QUOTE]

You have failed me for the last time etcrane

Thanks again for the head's up, Husher. Picked up 2 each on the bank and "tipper truck". Returned the single bank I had purchased yesterday.

Combined the 30% off on clearance price on them with the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off plus $10 giftcard with $50 purchase coupon and Target redcard 5% off...worked out to $25 ish and $12 ish a piece, about $75 total with tax not including the $10 giftcard.

[quote name='Kid_Marvel']Picked up Echo Base and Helm's Deep on sale at TRU today.

They also had the new Star Wars and Superheroes 2013 sets.[/QUOTE]

How bad was the markup on the new sets?

I picked up a Death Star for $260 at Target, it was an online return. I can't remember how much I paid for the first one I bought a few years ago, I think it was around $275-$325.

I'm just trying to decide if I should keep it or not, it is a great deal but still not sure, the wife didn't give me too much shit which is a plus!

I went to one Target today and they marked down there Lego's 50% off instead of starting at 30%.

[quote name='Kid_Marvel']Picked up Echo Base and Helm's Deep on sale at TRU today.

They also had the new Star Wars and Superheroes 2013 sets.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, cool ... does that include the new spider-man sets? Any word on when those hit?

I got the 3 series 1 planets and naboo starfighter for 50% off at target .. Thanks for the heads up guys .. Tipper trucks were sold out :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skiizim']I didn't notice it before but it seems the Hobbit sets are all 20% off on Amazon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's today's deal (Saturday); sadly, it doesn't apply to An Unexpected Gathering, the only one worth getting in my opinion. If that set were 20% off, it would be a steal. The other sets don't interest me (Giant tree slightly on fire.....WTH??).

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, cool ... does that include the new spider-man sets? Any word on when those hit?[/QUOTE]
Was just at TRU, the Spider-man set with Dr. Doom and Nova is out. They also had the Batman/Bane tumbler and an Arctic Batman with Aquaman/Mr. Freeze. Aquaman looks pretty cool.

They also had the 2013 Ninjago, Star Wars, and TMNT sets out.

Saw these on clearance at Target: SW Geonosis (sp?) Starfighter and Naboo Starfighter. City Bank was wiped clean :(

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Yeah, it's today's deal (Saturday); sadly, it doesn't apply to An Unexpected Gathering, the only one worth getting in my opinion. If that set were 20% off, it would be a steal. The other sets don't interest me (Giant tree slightly on fire.....WTH??).[/QUOTE]

I bought 4 of the LOTR sets but for some reason when I look at The Hobbit sets none of them look worth getting to me.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']The other sets don't interest me (Giant tree slightly on fire.....WTH??).[/QUOTE]

You didn't read the book, did you?

The main draw for me on that set are the Wargs, though it bugs me that Gandalf isn't in that set. I mean, he set the fire...

warg.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']You didn't read the book, did you?

The main draw for me on that set are the Wargs, though it bugs me that Gandalf isn't in that set. I mean, he set the fire...

warg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I read halfway through the Hobbit about three years ago; I vaguely remember that scene, although I do plan on rereading through the book entirely this week before I see the movie. And I agree, the minifigs and (especially) the wargs are pretty sweet. I would love more Mordor Orcs, too. But I can't justify paying that price for A GIANT TREE, no matter the context.

For what it's worth, I recently read the LotR trilogy, and am happy with the current LotR sets (although I do look forward to future waves being better).

I didn't even realize there was a Lightning Deal for the town hall the other day, but I still got it for a decent price with the TOY20OFF code with the Amazon card.

Item(s) Subtotal: $165.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
-----
Total before tax: $145.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $12.04
-----
Grand Total: $158.03

Stupid tax... *grumble*

lol.... It didn't even sell out, it was at a discount $150 but not that much. I read on T&B that WM had it for 40% off some time this year, I don't remember that but that would have been a great deal too.

I just noticed all the $20 Super Hero sets gone from S@H and Amazon. Sets this year seem to be retiring really quick! I still need the X-Men and Iron Man sets, even yoyo just had them yesterday.

Can someone explain to me why the Mindcraft set is so popular? It's regular tiny LEGOs with a fun game name on it? Is that all it takes? Because honestly the set is overprice, poorly designed, shit. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Can someone explain to me why the Mindcraft set is so popular? It's regular tiny LEGOs with a fun game name on it? Is that all it takes? Because honestly the set is overprice, poorly designed, shit. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Cause fans of Minecraft go apeshit over it?

I never played the game, I only bought Lego Mindcraft as an impulse buy because it was there at Gamestop. From what I understand Mindcraft has a pretty big following but this thing is only worth as much as people want to pay.

My Target sold through 10 of those clearance Bank sets and about 15-20 of the dump trucks in three days...I knew they wouldn't last to 50% off!

Oh god, the Rancor set is out already .. and Jabba's palace is coming tomorrow ... damn it, this is going to get expensive ...

[quote name='mediviper']New 2013 sets have been going in and out of stock at Amazon. Paired with $25 dollars off purchase of 100 with your amazon visa, this is a pretty stellar deal for new sets.
Daily Bugle http://www.amazon.com/Super-Heroes-Daily-Bugle-Showdown/dp/B00A850VBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355724068&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+daily+bugle
Star Wars Rancor Pithttp://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Rancor-Pit-75005/dp/B00A850SMM/ref=sr_1_11?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355724204&sr=1-11&keywords=lego+rancor
Lego Super Heroes Tumbler http://www.amazon.com/Super-Heroes-Tumbler-Chase-76001/dp/B00A850RVO/ref=sr_1_23?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1355724414&sr=1-23&keywords=lego+tumbler
Super Heroes Artic Batman VS Mr. Freezehttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A88EPCI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00A88EPCI&linkCode=as2&tag=f0f5-20
Super Heroes Spider Cycle Chase http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A850VEM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00A850VEM&linkCode=as2&tag=f0f5-20
Star Wars Republic Troopers VS Sith Troopers battle packhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A850RMS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00A850RMS&linkCode=as2&tag=fbtb-20
Clone Troopers vs Droidekashttp://www.amazon.com/Star-Clone-Troopers-Droidekas-75000/dp/B00A850V92/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_y
AT-RT http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-6025105-Star-AT-RT-75002/dp/B00A850UVG/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_z

ENJOY![/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on the $25 off $100 purchase with the amazon visa? Is this the same as the 20% off code amazon had recently, or is this something else?

Thanks!

[quote name='dschroll']Can you elaborate on the $25 off $100 purchase with the amazon visa? Is this the same as the 20% off code amazon had recently, or is this something else?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sorry disregard that post. Yes it is the same as the 20% off code.

The AT-RT set is surprising decent for a $20 Star Wars set, even has 60 more pieces than the A Wing that cost $5 more.

Anyone getting the feeling they are discontinuing the bank set because they need something else for the criminals to steal / hide. Museum and meth lab, LEgo is pretty desperate.

bread's done
Back