LEGO Deals 3

Lesbian junkyard and girl on girl jet skiing!

This sounds like a gay old time!

Yep, I went there. ;)

I just like new color bikes, and a lime green tree is different. I almost paid $14 for an ambulance just for a green bike. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Lesbian junkyard and girl on girl jet skiing!

This sounds like a gay old time!

Yep, I went there. ;)

I just like new color bikes, and a lime green tree is different. I almost paid $14 for an ambulance just for a green bike. :lol:[/QUOTE]
The ambulance is a nice set. Nice minifigs in that to go with the green bike.

[quote name='ackbar7']The ambulance is a nice set. Nice minifigs in that to go with the green bike.[/QUOTE]

I know, I regret not buying it when yoyo had a sale making it $13.59 a few weeks back. I just didn't want to spend that much on a green bike and two awesome mini figures. the guy on the bike is normal junk. :lol:

I have at least three ambulances, a Res-Q one, a great one from about 10 years ago, it looks like an ice cream truck and only cost $8, and at least one more.

That said, when did the stretcher piece become flat on the bottom with no wheel attachments? The big AC set has one with a flat bottom, and the Toy Story army men set has one with where the wheels go, and that set could have used a flat bottom.

The only time a flat bottom is a good thing. ;)

Having recently discussed the ambulance and t-rex sets, it is amazing to me the $20 set has 3 minifigs while the $70 set has only 2. Those Dino sets are all so overpriced it is amazing. I picked up all 4 of the sets I own from the series for 50% off or more so I am not really complaining, they were worth it to me. But how did these sets end up more expensive than licensed ones?

^ The dinosaurs must cost a fortune. It's my problem with some of the sets, even City ones. Then we have Galaxy Squad that's the same way but for no reason. $70 set and three minifigures. It's not a Star Wars set!

Yeah, that's why I'm really impressed with these superhero sets that cost $20 and include three (sometimes exclusive) minifigures. The one with Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto might be my favorite set of the year in terms of value. (Of course, I modded the helicopter to include gatling guns and removed the flick-fire missles, so that helps).

I think I might be done with sets... I'll get series 9, and I already picked up some GS sets, but I'll wait for August for Castle to come back.

Unless they pull something else....

I will have to get the golden dragon sometime, and maybe a Kai mech suit or two, but other than that... not much else.

Temple of light looks interesting but I'm still holding out. Just wish the rest of the sets weren't more vehicles.

Got the Lego catalog in. Didn't pay attention to the Chima sets at all, but I'm liking Eris' Eagle Interceptor. That would have been something I would have absolutely loved as a kid.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']They need to give us more better looking Ninja Turtle sets for one...[/QUOTE]

Or sets that make sense. The lair set has the street level on top, then two floors down has a tree. What the hell is up with that? The set is already an ugly mess, but some logic would have been nice. :lol:

I found a few things last week. Nothing rare - but stuff I thought was neat and the price was right. $9 Tipper Truck, $7 Blade Cycle and a few $1 polybags and minifigs. I had several more things in hand but ultimately couldn't pull the trigger.

There's another Wal Mart about half an hour away in the woods. I bet it's a damn gold mine - but I just can't be bothered to drive there.

I splurged for the Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor yesterday and man, I love this thing. The whole family thought it was neat, in fact.

Kai's Fire Mech is on my insta-buy list for next year and so is Series 9. Anxious to see that next wave of LoTR and Galaxy Squad. The Galaxy Squad mech looks promising.

Picked up a pterodactyl tower and recycling truck for half off at a farther away walmart today. And some mega blocs power ranger packs for $1.

Anyone have an extensive/comprehensive list of the sets that are on clearance at Target? Most Targets were wiped clean on the 26th, despite pretty paltry discounts of only 30%. I picked up a bunch of sets while waiting for them to drop in store to 50 or even hopefully 70% off, but the different sets that were discounted were all over the place and varied store to store.

[quote name='Maskim']Just picked up Helm's Deep at Walmart for $44.50. :)[/QUOTE]

I hate your face

That's the only set I've wanted to pick up on sale and I've struck out at every chance. Great find though, congrats.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I hate your face

That's the only set I've wanted to pick up on sale and I've struck out at every chance. Great find though, congrats.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Two Walmarts I stopped at today had every LOTR set on clearance EXCEPT for Helms Deep. Did find Drac's Castle but $70 was still too much.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I hate your face

That's the only set I've wanted to pick up on sale and I've struck out at every chance. Great find though, congrats.[/QUOTE]
I pretty much just got lucky with it, but I'm certainly not complaining.

They had a set in the toy section that was marked "Was 129.97 Now 89.00". When I got to the holiday clearance section there was another set sitting on an aisle, by itself, with a sign a foot away that said "Additional 50% off most recently marked price". So I snapped a quick picture of it, and when I got to the check out, I just mentioned where I found it, and showed the picture. I'm pretty sure someone had just grabbed it and put it down in this aisle it wasn't supposed to be in, but when the cashier called the manager over to check what price it should be, he basically just said "Ehhhh.. why not? We have to get rid of them anyways," and approved the discount.

I also picked up a Razcal's Glider Chima set today from Toys R Us. The markup wasn't as bad as the TMNT prices, but 13.99 is still above MSRP, and none of us like paying MSRP for anything. ;)

I figured I needed to use the rewards r us dollars they sent, though, so I got it anyways. The set's alright, but the only parts I was really interested in were the wings and a couple misc pieces, so I gave the rest of the minifig and the raven/crow glider to my kids, before finishing up a custom I'd been working on for my wife.
16507310151174480956196.jpg

[quote name='cag1000']Has anyone checked Kmart for Lego clearance. They had the best deals a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

kmart has been wiped out, at least mine... anything on clearance is gone.

they haven't had any new sets, was there just yesterday.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Does anyone know what this figure's name is or what set / year he is from?

rfchief011.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I have that figure. No clue where I got him, but I have the pants, the torso (I think), the mask, and I'm pretty sure I have that white piece somewhere. I just don't know where head is.

[quote name='n64ra']I loved the Islanders as a kid. Wish there were more. Actually, I'd take any new Pirate sets.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I found a bunch of the old mini figs and I couldn't place which set they were with. Then I remembered the canoes...

Interesting.... The following are some sets LEGO added the inventory of, so we know the pieces. The Halloween one is a pumpkin, the others have mini figures. Maybe Thanksgiving or Fall one will be the free Black Friday set.

01 Jan 13 40059 Seasonal: {Christmas 2013} View
01 Jan 13 40058 Seasonal: {Christmas 2013} View
01 Jan 13 40057 Seasonal: {Fall 2013} View
01 Jan 13 40056 Seasonal: {Thanksgiving 2013} View
01 Jan 13 40055 Seasonal: {Halloween 2013} View
01 Jan 13 40054 Seasonal: {Summer 2013} View
01 Jan 13 40053 Seasonal: {Easter 2013} View
01 Jan 13 40052 Seasonal: {Easter 2013} View

Take a look...
http://www.brickset.com/inventories/

I have quite a few of those Islanders sets...I just need a few more and I'll have the entire theme...they were my favorite Pirates theme. 94 was such a good year for Lego...at least for me.

At least now I know I am not the only one who wants new pirate sets.My favorite pirate sets were the stuff from 1989-93.
Some of the 2009 sets were ok. The Imperial Flagship(2010) was pretty awesome.

I didn't find this thread until I typed "Cheap Ass Lego" into Google...

I got lucky and managed to get my Wal-Mart's last Luke's Landspeeder for $12. Also got the Mandalorian Battle Pack for $6, and the Sith Nightspeeder for $12. Hit up another Wal-Mart for the Clone Trooper Battle Pack for $6.

Got the small Jeff Gorvette and Francesco Bernoulli sets at Target for about $4.

Just before Christmas I got the Super Star Destroyer from Amazon when it was $310, and used a 10% off code, so before tax it was like $279.

Anywho it looks like the Friends line has been a big success. I'm kind of glad because I like the variety in sets and a lot of them are pretty well designed. I've probably bought more of that line than any other except for Monsters Fighters.

Still sucks I missed out on those MF Polybags from Target, I really wanted them!

[quote name='mweav067']I didn't find this thread until I typed "Cheap Ass Lego" into Google...

I got lucky and managed to get my Wal-Mart's last Luke's Landspeeder for $12. Also got the Mandalorian Battle Pack for $6, and the Sith Nightspeeder for $12. Hit up another Wal-Mart for the Clone Trooper Battle Pack for $6.

Got the small Jeff Gorvette and Francesco Bernoulli sets at Target for about $4.

Just before Christmas I got the Super Star Destroyer from Amazon when it was $310, and used a 10% off code, so before tax it was like $279.[/QUOTE]

What 10% code? I never manage to stumble on those codes when I need them.

[quote name='dschroll']What 10% code? I never manage to stumble on those codes when I need them.[/QUOTE]

They sent them out for Prime members, not sure if it was random or not,

Wonder which Walmart this guy cleaned out...:roll:

I have 9 lego Luke's Land Speeder 8092 all factory sealed Brand New
and 4 lego 9441 factory sealed and Brand New
$33 Each.
will delivery to any place around LA , will charge 5 dollar
. Thanks.

3Ed3M13J25I85Eb5H5ccv287902fd14e1167a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that you? I would hold onto the speeders, the market might get flooded later with the sets but the figures alone would fetch a nice price. I think the speeder is still available @home though.

Stopped by a Kmart kind of "out in the boonies" and they had a bunch of the Hobbit sets (Helm's deep, etc.) as well as some older star wars sets, but they were all still full price at the scanner :(

Stopped by at my local Walmart -- they had Harry Potter Hogwarts (the small one), POTC The Mill, and POTC London Escape for $20 each. Picked up the Mill and 2 Hogwarts -- I'd previously gotten London Escape from them at that price.

They also had the SW Bounty Hunter ship for $17, but I passed.

Went to the nearby Target which had the Vampyre Castle for $70 and the Sith Speederthingy for $16.98. Neither is a "wow" price, but picked them up anyway and used my red card. I dithered on getting the Vampyre Castle from yoyo, and they promptly sold out of it, so not doing that again.

Went to 2 more Targets and zilch. There were reports on SD of Jabba's Palace going on clearance, but the one I found at the first Target was full price, so oh well. No complaints with what I got today.

Missed out on the Walmart fun. My very well stocked Walmart was stripped to Chima, Hobbit and the newer SW sets. No LOTR, no Ninjago, no DINO not even any miners or forest cops. Must have been an epic sale. Kicking myself.

Depends on the store. Most stores around here are cleared out of LEGO a week before Christmas and won't have new LEGO until probably next week.

I picked up the Sith speeder and the Shelob set for $12 and $13 respectively at Walmart. They had a ton of the space buggy sets for $2 but I passed on those.

bread's done
Back