LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='El Rey']Picked up series 9 cyclops, chicken suit guy, roman emperor and Mr. Good and Evil from the Lego store today[/QUOTE]

Chicken suit guy is apparently a mascot turned superhero.

Yeah the 7637 Farm was clearanced a few years back at my local TRU also. Some reseller couple bought a bunch according to employees, but I managed to score one during a BoGo sale, bringing the price down even further than the clearance. It was clearanced down to like $48 (down from $90) as I recall. The only other set I found on clearance was the exclusive 10159 Legends City Airport for $20 back in 2005 I think. They had two and I only got one (idiot!), back in the days before I knew about reselling potential Lol. I could have kept the extra and made $300 or so. Oh and going even further back I'm pretty sure they clearanced the Western sets and Insectoids too. But nowadays, in the era of TRU markups, clearance prices are much harder to come by.
That Century Skyway airport is pretty rad now that I think about. I may have to pull that one out and rebuild it... :)

[quote name='prim4444']You keep the rewards. What happens is the return will become a negative balance for the next rewards period.[/QUOTE]

I see, thanks. I'm going to be negative for a while then since I doubt I'll be purchasing that much.

You have to act fast if you want an AWD. They go quick on the exclusive sets. I was going to buy the Market Village for $80 and it just was gone five minutes later.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You have to act fast if you want an AWD. They go quick on the exclusive sets. I was going to buy the Market Village for $80 and it just was gone five minutes later.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at possibly getting the Market Village anyway. I like a lot of the pieces in it, and 1600 pieces for only $100 isn't a bad deal.

For Diagon Alley I'd be willing to pay about $200 for it I think, $210 with free shipping.

[quote name='mweav067']I'm looking at possibly getting the Market Village anyway. I like a lot of the pieces in it, and 1600 pieces for only $100 isn't a bad deal.
[/QUOTE]

The retail price for MMV is great. I generally like to buy on significant sale or clearance, generally no less than 30% off, but when MMV was on sale for $90 through Walmart.com almost 4 years ago, I jumped on it. I'm actually considering buying a second set before it goes OOP.

I was able to nab a #9516 and the Market Village off Amazon Warehouse earlier this week... both came with everything still sealed, and the boxes weren't even damaged.. so wondering why it was put up on the Warehouse.. but shrug :)

You definitely have to be quick. I've seen a lot of the star wars sets come in stock and then go sold out in 10-15 minutes.

Oooh, just snagged a "Like New" Kingdoms Joust 10223 for $103 at Amazon. Not a huge discount from the $120 MSRP, but with no tax, it was enough to make me bite.

[quote name='BingoBrown']The retail price for MMV is great. I generally like to buy on significant sale or clearance, generally no less than 30% off, but when MMV was on sale for $90 through Walmart.com almost 4 years ago, I jumped on it. I'm actually considering buying a second set before it goes OOP.[/QUOTE]

It depends on what it is for me. I don't mind paying MSRP if it works out to be about $0.10 per piece or less, or if the upcharge from that price isn't too big. The 9493 X-Wing is only $0.11 per piece for example, and I'm still thinking about grabbing it (I like the fact it comes with Porkins and the red astromech droid). Sometimes I'll just treat myself like with the 75003 A-Wing, mainly because I love that ship (although I haven't opened it yet and may return it).

I found a Diagon Alley set on Ebay for $219.00 with $14.13 S&H, or Best Offer.

I'm thinking about offering up $200 for it. Thoughts?

[quote name='BingoBrown']Oooh, just snagged a "Like New" Kingdoms Joust 10223 for $103 at Amazon. Not a huge discount from the $120 MSRP, but with no tax, it was enough to make me bite.[/QUOTE]

I am actually about to put that set together...

[quote name='Unaki']I am actually about to put that set together...[/QUOTE]

It looks pretty good. I'm not as head-over-heels in love with it as I was with MMV, but Castle is my favorite theme, so I knew I needed to get Kingdoms Joust. And, although 2013 sees the return of the Castle theme, from what I see in the tiny pictures available currently, I'm not super impressed. '07 to '11 (with Joust coming out in '12) seems like the height of the recent Lego Castle sets.

[quote name='Unaki']Have they ever made a King Arthur style set? Like...based on the legend, not just "Here have a bunch of knights"?[/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge, but there have been nods to King Arthur, such as the sword in the stone piece from the Kingdoms Advent Calendar from 2010. And of course the wizard from that set (and other sets) certainly seems to take much inspiration from Merlin.

7952-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

Random awesome Wal-Mart clearance find: City Police Station ... $7.00 !!!
Also got a Log Cabin for $15. This was a very small Wal-Mart, hardly a LEGO section, which probably explains the strange markdown on the big set.

[quote name='Katsumi']I was able to nab a #9516 and the Market Village off Amazon Warehouse earlier this week... both came with everything still sealed, and the boxes weren't even damaged.. so wondering why it was put up on the Warehouse.. but shrug :)

You definitely have to be quick. I've seen a lot of the star wars sets come in stock and then go sold out in 10-15 minutes.[/QUOTE]

They had one for $83. I just can't justifying spending that much on a Lego set at this stage in my life. I pretty much just stick to a small $20 set on sale here or there and the minifigures. I have too many Legos and no future plans of buying a house to stick them all in.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Oooh, just snagged a "Like New" Kingdoms Joust 10223 for $103 at Amazon. Not a huge discount from the $120 MSRP, but with no tax, it was enough to make me bite.[/QUOTE]

Wow, so the Kingdoms Joust already shipped, and despite me opting for FSSS, it'll be here in 2 days. Love Amazon.

I could use some advice on a craigslist posting I found. It's a nice set for when my kids get into the Technic age range, and I can use it in the meantime.

The asking price is $1200, which is pretty much at the ebay price level. Anyone have any suggestions on what a good offer would be?

3x 9648 - NXT Resource Set
1x 9686 - Simple & Pow Machines Set
1x 9797 - LME NXT Base Set
2x 9649 - Tech Resource Set II
2x 8263 - Snow Groomer V39
3x 8265 - Front Loader V39
1x 8053 - Mobile Crane V39
1x 8043 - Motorized Excavator V39
1x 8052 - Container Truck V39
3x 8264 - Hauler V39
2x 10213 - Shuttle Adventure V46
2x 8049 - Tractor with Log Loader V39
3x 8047 - Technic Mini Excavator
3x 8045 - Technic Telehandler
3x 8262 - Technic Quad Bike
1x 6177 - Lego Basic Bricks
1x 8259 - Technic Mini Bulldozer
1x 9251 - Lego Big Bulk Set
1x 9241 - Lego Wheels Set

[quote name='BingoBrown']Wow, so the Kingdoms Joust already shipped, and despite me opting for FSSS, it'll be here in 2 days. Love Amazon.[/QUOTE]

They did the same thing when I bought my Vita.

Hit up the slightly further away Walmart because their website said they had the Lego Falcon in stock. I figured I could maybe grab it on clearance considering I'll probably never get my hands on the UCS Falcon. Searched and searched but couldn't find it. I'll call them in a bit and find out if they have it or not (didn't feel like waiting in the customer service line).

Just scored a Vampire Castle on clearance at Target for $50, couldnt pass it up despite no room to display it right now. lol.

[quote name='mweav067']I found a Diagon Alley set on Ebay for $219.00 with $14.13 S&H, or Best Offer.

I'm thinking about offering up $200 for it. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good deal at this point, although if you're going to build it, I would buy used. If you're going to keep it sealed, I would jump on it. I can definitely see this set jumping up to Green Grocer prices.

[quote name='dagarcia2678']
The asking price is $1200, which is pretty much at the ebay price level. Anyone have any suggestions on what a good offer would be?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about Technic set prices but that seems like a whole lot to spend at once. Since your kids aren't at that level yet, why not wait for clearance sets to build up a collection?

I went to an out of the way Walmart today and the only thing I found was a $12 Sith set with Anakin and Asajj. They had the Quinjet and a couple of others but they all rang up at full price.

[quote name='encendido5']That sounds like a good deal at this point, although if you're going to build it, I would buy used. If you're going to keep it sealed, I would jump on it. I can definitely see this set jumping up to Green Grocer prices.[/QUOTE]

My only fear with buying one used is it will have missing pieces. Plus I can't seem to find any used, or at a cheaper shipping cost. I'll do some looking around though.

Thanks for the link... I'll probably try the eBay one first, just because he has an exact shipping cost listed.

Called my Walmart that is supposed to have the Lego Millennium Falcon in stock and as I expected, they're a bunch of morons. Gave them both the Walmart No. from the website and the UPC number and they couldn't find it... I might just drive back over there in the morning.

[quote name='mweav067']Thanks for the link... I'll probably try the eBay one first, just because he has an exact shipping cost listed.

Called my Walmart that is supposed to have the Lego Millennium Falcon in stock and as I expected, they're a bunch of morons. Gave them both the Walmart No. from the website and the UPC number and they couldn't find it... I might just drive back over there in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Ever worked retail? If not I wouldn't be calling them morons. If I worked in a Walmart and had someone talking about some random Lego set all I would say is "Nope" and hang up on you. :lol:

Also at Lowes people would say that online we had a few, come in and we wouldn't. They bitch at us because we couldn't find them. However the computers update the inventory at night, so if it was sold at 5am I wouldn't know, and people steal shit so the count could be off.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Ever worked retail? If not I wouldn't be calling them morons. If I worked in a Walmart and had someone talking about some random Lego set all I would say is "Nope" and hang up on you. :lol:

Also at Lowes people would say that online we had a few, come in and we wouldn't. They bitch at us because we couldn't find them. However the computers update the inventory at night, so if it was sold at 5am I wouldn't know, and people steal shit so the count could be off.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. My apologies, I work at a call center (is it plugged in? and have you restarted it?) and it just felt like the person I was talking to had no idea what they were doing.

[quote name='TheGame2K5']Just scored a Vampire Castle on clearance at Target for $50, couldnt pass it up despite no room to display it right now. lol.[/QUOTE]

Nice score, I'd love to find it at that price.

[quote name='mweav067']
Called my Walmart that is supposed to have the Lego Millennium Falcon in stock and as I expected, they're a bunch of morons. Gave them both the Walmart No. from the website and the UPC number and they couldn't find it... I might just drive back over there in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Careful with using the Walmart website to see what's in stock at the store. I think they're now doing some weird site-to-store on the same day thing. So it may show as available for pickup at the store, but may not be actually at the store, but rather at a centralized warehouse.

I figured this out when I was searching for Helm's Deep to grab on clearance. It showed "in stock" at several Walmarts near me, despite the fact that I'd hit up those Walmarts already and not seen it on shelves.

However, I think it may be possible to order for site-to-store pickup, then once you pick it up, do a price adjustment to the clearance price in store. I haven't tried that yet, but I may.

[quote name='BingoBrown']

However, I think it may be possible to order for site-to-store pickup, then once you pick it up, do a price adjustment to the clearance price in store. I haven't tried that yet, but I may.[/QUOTE]

good luck with that one if you can get it to work, please post !

[quote name='Unaki']Picked up another walmart's stock of Attack on Weathertops for $25 a piece.[/QUOTE]

Nice. If I could find one, I'd be able to finally have 8 Nazguls =P

Anyone know anything about this ... looks like a bagged set ... would love to find one of these randomly someday soon ...

30167-1.jpg

Looking forward to this one as well ...

30261-1.jpg

And lastly ... OMG ... this is not going to be good for my wallet ...

CreateThumbNail.aspx

That Jabba's Sail Barge looks rather odd to me. I don't know if it's the picture, but it seems smaller than the 2006 version and the front of the barge (the sloped roof bricks in particular) looks goofy. The color of the barge looks too bright as well, is that reddish brown?

At this point I'm sure what we see is what we're getting and I'm pretty disappointed.

More Wal-Mart clearance heaven: 2x Helm's Deep for $57 each! :) Also a Sopwith Camel for $25 (must have been an online return). Older sets were really wiped out this year, even before the post-Christmas clearance. Almost everywhere, all I see are Chima, TMNT, and new City.

Then over to Target: they had a Naboo Starfighter for $25 (bought it), but Weathertops were still $42 (passed). Incidentally, they had finished their LEGO aisle reset and about half the current LOTR and Hobbit sets had no shelf spaces alotted, including Orc Forge and Uruk Hai and Unexpected Gathering. And the only MF they still carry are Werewolf, Ghost Train, and Hearse. Guess I missed out on the clearances of the others. Bummer. I suppose I could always buy them full price at another Target, return them, then wait for them to be re-shelved at the clearance price. Timing is everything though.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']More Wal-Mart clearance heaven: 2x Helm's Deep for $57 each! :) Also a Sopwith Camel for $25 (must have been an online return). Older sets were really wiped out this year, even before the post-Christmas clearance. Almost everywhere, all I see are Chima, TMNT, and new City.

Then over to Target: they had a Naboo Starfighter for $25 (bought it), but Weathertops were still $42 (passed). Incidentally, they had finished their LEGO aisle reset and about half the current LOTR and Hobbit sets had no shelf spaces alotted, including Orc Forge and Uruk Hai and Unexpected Gathering. And the only MF they still carry are Werewolf, Ghost Train, and Hearse. Guess I missed out on the clearances of the others. Bummer. I suppose I could always buy them full price at another Target, return them, then wait for them to be re-shelved at the clearance price. Timing is everything though.[/QUOTE]

That's an awesome find on the Helm's Deep!

That was easily my favorite set of the century (i'm a major LOTR junkie, and the battle of the Hornburg (or Helm's Deep as it is called in the movies) is my favorite setting of all time.) Extremely jealous! :D

I went to another Walmart and got x2 Geonosian fighters for $12.00 each (50%) off.

Also managed to score the clone turbo tank for $59.99, originally $119.99. :D

Pretty freaking stoked about that buy!

Neither of my Targets or Walmarts will clearance out their LotR stuff.

My local Giant grocery store has some stuff on sale with their bonus card. I was looking at the ARC Trooper and Droid Commandos for about $7.

That other Walmart had the Millennium Falcon in their system and as being in stock, but it scanned at $140.

[quote name='mweav067']Neither of my Targets or Walmarts will clearance out their LotR stuff.

My local Giant grocery store has some stuff on sale with their bonus card. I was looking at the ARC Trooper and Droid Commandos for about $7.

That other Walmart had the Millennium Falcon in their system and as being in stock, but it scanned at $140.[/QUOTE]
Yeah mine had a millenium falcon at $140 too. I actually found out that the Frigate was a company wide discount.

In other news HOLY SHIZ the tie fighter polybags shot up by like $4 on ebay. Good thing I got like 20 of them xD

I'm not a reseller, but I got one of the TIE Fighter polybags for $1.50 for my collection.

That Walmart still had a price tag that listed the Falcon at $100. I didn't feel like putting up a fuss because I'm not that thrilled with the set, but I figure I could have.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']More Wal-Mart clearance heaven: 2x Helm's Deep for $57 each! :) Also a Sopwith Camel for $25 (must have been an online return). Older sets were really wiped out this year, even before the post-Christmas clearance. Almost everywhere, all I see are Chima, TMNT, and new City.

Then over to Target: they had a Naboo Starfighter for $25 (bought it), but Weathertops were still $42 (passed). Incidentally, they had finished their LEGO aisle reset and about half the current LOTR and Hobbit sets had no shelf spaces alotted, including Orc Forge and Uruk Hai and Unexpected Gathering. And the only MF they still carry are Werewolf, Ghost Train, and Hearse. Guess I missed out on the clearances of the others. Bummer. I suppose I could always buy them full price at another Target, return them, then wait for them to be re-shelved at the clearance price. Timing is everything though.[/QUOTE]

Heh heh, whoever mentioned the Walmart online purchase/return in store for price adjustment or ship to store and adjust price is spot on.

That is what I've been doing with Target, actually. Missed out on the Naboo starfighter on clearance since it went from every store having dozens at $34.98 (30% off...and what should have been MSRP for this set) before Christmas to none at every store in SoCal the day after Christmas. So I ordered two off their site, free shipping for purchases over $50, and did return/rebuys on them in store. I used a different credit card for the online purchase and tell them I want to put it on my redcard in store as the excuse for the return/rebuy. Worst case, if they refuse to re-sell them to me as per their official clearance policy, I'll just check back at the store later in the day or the next day when the set(s) have been hopefully put out on the floor, possibly with even lower "ONLINE ITEM" clearance prices on them.

I'm very tempted to do this with every in-store clearance they have available for order online as well as the "ONLINE ONLY" sets they have (especially the Joust...would love to find that one in some Target store with one of those "ONLINE ITEM" stickers on it with some obscene discount). Unfortunately the Dino sets simply disappeared off their website, so I most likely missed out on Target clearance prices on the Raptor Chase (though I don't think I even saw this one in store ever) and the tiny Raptor encounter one. But I did end up getting the Dino base set last year at 70% off so I can't complain too much about missing some Dino sets. Was just hoping to get a raptor army.

Thankfully, plenty of stores still have the LOTR sets in stock at full price (along with some of the other newer sets like the Forest Police Station, Jabba Palace and skiff/Sarlaac pit, and the Gungan sub) so I can wait for the stores that have them on clearance to drop to 50 or even hopefully 70% off MSRP and perform some return/rebuys.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']That Jabba's Sail Barge looks rather odd to me. I don't know if it's the picture, but it seems smaller than the 2006 version and the front of the barge (the sloped roof bricks in particular) looks goofy. The color of the barge looks too bright as well, is that reddish brown?

At this point I'm sure what we see is what we're getting and I'm pretty disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I really hope not, this is one of those of times I just want to be a preliminary picture, I was disappointed as well.

I was lucky to find the Naboo Fighter for $25 when clearance first started at Target right before Christmas. That's a great price for Helms Deep, I still hope I can find that set on clearance!

[quote name='SSchmidt']I went to another Walmart and got x2 Geonosian fighters for $12.00 each (50%) off.

Also managed to score the clone turbo tank for $59.99, originally $119.99. :D

Pretty freaking stoked about that buy![/QUOTE]

Surprised you got a Turbo Tank, those have been long gone since last year maybe even before then.

[quote name='Unaki']Yeah mine had a millenium falcon at $140 too. I actually found out that the Frigate was a company wide discount.

In other news HOLY SHIZ the tie fighter polybags shot up by like $4 on ebay. Good thing I got like 20 of them xD[/QUOTE]

Somebody told me that the Tie Fighters were not released in EU along with the MTT, I guess they are big on polybags as we are.

GUYS!

HEY GAIS!

I just went to walmart again.

That millenium falcon that we have been watching (The one that came out with the Frigate) is down to $80

[quote name='Unaki']GUYS!

HEY GAIS!

That millenium falcon that we have been watching (The one that came out with the Frigate) is down to $80[/QUOTE]

GET IT! I got a few of them last year at Target at the final clearance markdown price, I think they were 70% off and with redcard discount they averaged out to something ridiculous like $37 or $38 a piece. It was definitely sub $40 for each of them. You know that no matter how many Falcon sets they make (and they will make them constantly as long as they have the license), it will always be a great set for future resale and having in the collection.

[quote name='Unaki']GUYS!

HEY GAIS!

That millenium falcon that we have been watching (The one that came out with the Frigate) is down to $80[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the double post, but did you find out if this is company wide or is it still on a store to store basis?

bread's done
Back