LEGO Deals 3

That's a little ridiculous that they do that to City sets, that chopper is way overpriced. If Lego really wants to start dealing this way they should just make some more TRU exclusives.

[quote name='BingoBrown']If you can find a Wal-Mart with them in stock, Mines of Moria should be $54, and Shelob Attacks should be $13. I think Attack on Weathertop should be $40 as well.

The Orc Forge is a Target exclusive. Some Targets have it on clearance, some don't. Uruk-Hai Army is also on clearance at some Targets for about $21.

You can get Helm's Deep at Toys R Us right now for $115 + tax, due to the $25 off $100 Lego purchases.

I don't think anyone has seen Gandalf Arrives on clearance anywhere, but I could be wrong.

Regarding The Hobbit sets, there really aren't great deals out there yet, not that I know of at least. Give it time, though, those sets were just recently released.[/QUOTE]

awesome thanks man, that helps alot. Luckily I live near a 2 plazas next to each other that one has a wal-mart and one has a target so I'll check both. The Gandalf Arrives is not a must have for me. My dad has the set and I already have Gandalf from the $5 bagged set he's in.

I forgot to mention that I've been picking up Hero Factory sets not because I like the show (really hate it) but have been a longtime Bionicle collector and love the pieces.

If you like the pieces, I have no idea how far you are from a Lego store but they seldom put Bioncle pieces in pick-a-brick. I think there is a Lego Land in FL, your best bet might be there if your close enough.

Was at Walmart again today and their clearance toy section was twice as large as it was last week. They had the Shelob set for $13, Helm's Deep for $89, Quinjet for $50, Freeco Speeder for $15 and a couple of others I can't remember. The best was seeing two construct a buzz sets for $7. I have no idea where those have been. I picked one up since my son is a huge fan, even though he's only one and a half, :lol:

[quote name='skiizim']If you like the pieces, I have no idea how far you are from a Lego store but they seldom put Bioncle pieces in pick-a-brick. I think there is a Lego Land in FL, your best bet might be there if your close enough.[/QUOTE]

They sell Hero Factory pieces on the online pick a brick section of the lego store as well I learned last night.

Decided to go back to Walmart and pick up LOTR Mines of Moria for $56 w/ taxes, cant wait for my nephews to come by and help me build this over the weekend.

Would like to give an apology that if I misled about the price of the Jabba's Palace for $50 turns out to be full price and I was looking at the Avengers QuinJet when I scanned it. Its going around $56 w/ taxes at this time.

Then I found whole shelf of these poly bags of mini Tie Fighters and Star Destroyers for $1.50, picked up a few and took them to work to assemble them during my down time. They are actually pretty sweet for their size and price. Then fellow coworkers took it off my desk and disassembled it then reassemble it. I guess we going to add Lego to our office decor along with our Nerf guns. ^_^

Houston Craiglist shows new LEGO sets for sale cheaper than any clearance, so I will post pics up on my CL / Lego finds soon.

But the one Im truly want is the folllowing: LEGO Space Shuttle Expedition 10231 .. anyone care to help me where to get that locally on that besides eBay?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I found a website dedicated to minifig trading and I bought a box of S9 when they were released. I am only missing 2 of S9 now and less than 5 of S8 and S7 thanks to a bunch of trades.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Decided to go back to Walmart and pick up LOTR Mines of Moria for $56 w/ taxes, cant wait for my nephews to come by and help me build this over the weekend.

Would like to give an apology that if I misled about the price of the Jabba's Palace for $50 turns out to be full price and I was looking at the Avengers QuinJet when I scanned it. Its going around $56 w/ taxes at this time.

Then I found whole shelf of these poly bags of mini Tie Fighters and Star Destroyers for $1.50, picked up a few and took them to work to assemble them during my down time. They are actually pretty sweet for their size and price. Then fellow coworkers took it off my desk and disassembled it then reassemble it. I guess we going to add Lego to our office decor along with our Nerf guns. ^_^

Houston Craiglist shows new LEGO sets for sale cheaper than any clearance, so I will post pics up on my CL / Lego finds soon.

But the one Im truly want is the folllowing: LEGO Space Shuttle Expedition 10231 .. anyone care to help me where to get that locally on that besides eBay?[/QUOTE]

I hope to find moria at that price thoguh I kind of doubt it :( I mainly just want Boromir from LotR so that's the set I need... then again I could buy off of ebay just the minifigure for roughly $10 -_-

[quote name='Unaki']So I found a website dedicated to minifig trading and I bought a box of S9 when they were released. I am only missing 2 of S9 now and less than 5 of S8 and S7 thanks to a bunch of trades.[/QUOTE]

What website was that. I tried to sign up for one of the swap minifigs sites and never got an email confirming my membership.

Regarding Diagon Alley, I grabbed it before the price shot any higher. Also I did quite a bit of searching, and the best price I could find was the $200 with an increasing upward trend.

I'll check my Walmart on the way home again, but none of the LotR stuff was clearanced the other day. I really want the Weathertop set.

May hit a further away Walmart this week just to check. Their website has both the X-Wing and Millennium Falcon listed as In Stock, so maybe they'll clearance them.

My Walmart has most of the new sets, including the Creator red helicopter and eagle. I actually quite like the eagle.

Took me approximately 18 hours to build the Super Star Destroyer, but the thing is epic. Only minor complaints, mainly stickers and the fact that the bridge doesn't stay on very well because it's only connected by one stud. Oh, and the stickers are put on differently in the instructions than how they appear on the box. Even so, it's a fantastic set.

Has anyone ever had issues with the tamper seals on LEGO boxes? I've been having issues with Grand Emporium and Market Village. You can tell the original seals were cut and then new seals placed over them (with different batch numbers). I've returned them twice now and keep getting the same issue. Maybe Lego themselves opened them to insert missing pieces or something? Still, I'm buying "New" sets, and cut seals make me suspicious :(

Have you opened the boxes yourself? If it has all the bags and everything what difference does it matter?

But taped boxes are stupid. Should be glued. I don't care if the glue screws up the few freaks that keep the boxes.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Have you opened the boxes yourself? If it has all the bags and everything what difference does it matter?

But taped boxes are stupid. Should be glued. I don't care if the glue screws up the few freaks that keep the boxes.[/QUOTE]

One is for keeping sealed a few years, the other is a gift. I'd hate to open them, but I may have to. I sent an e-mail to lego with the batch numbers and we'll see :)

In my limited experience there are sometimes two stickers on top of each other. One is round, and the other looks like a piece of tape. But these were bought in a non Lego store.

If you got them from Lego directly I wouldn't worry about it, no one has done anything to them.

That said I really wish Lego would go back to the days when they glued the boxes shut.

Glued boxes were nice, I agree.. although a bit harder to open.

Lego checked my batch numbers and apparently I was right with my assumption - the sets had pieces missing, so they were opened at Lego and had a bag of pieces inserted. Just really weird as I've never ran across it before :)

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']I wonder how their quality control caught that...[/QUOTE]

They weigh them. It might have made it through, and when they weighed them they noticed a batch was off all by the same amount and they forgot to add a baseplate or something.

Either way, you have to love LEGO. If Lego screws up they at least always fix them.

Series 9 is now hitting TRU stores. Only 2 complete sets per box in the 2 that I was able to get through today.

The jungle dragster poly is free next week with $20 Lego purchase.

[quote name='Max Power']What website was that. I tried to sign up for one of the swap minifigs sites and never got an email confirming my membership.[/QUOTE]

http://www.miniaturetrading.com/

In my 2 weeks with the site everything has been received from users in a timely manner and I have completed quite a few trades.

Someone on my local craigslist had one of those Chima polys for $5, wondered where it came from, haven't seen them around yet.

[quote name='El Rey']Someone on my local craigslist had one of those Chima polys for $5, wondered where it came from, haven't seen them around yet.[/QUOTE]

LEGO store exclusive with $75 purchase

[quote name='Unaki']http://www.miniaturetrading.com/

In my 2 weeks with the site everything has been received from users in a timely manner and I have completed quite a few trades.[/QUOTE]

Do you trade 1 for 1 or a bunch at a time? If it is 1 for 1 how much does it cost to send them? The potential cost of shipping has turned me away from wanting to trade.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Do you trade 1 for 1 or a bunch at a time? If it is 1 for 1 how much does it cost to send them? The potential cost of shipping has turned me away from wanting to trade.[/QUOTE]

Nah, if you're only trading a few minifigs at a time, you can use a small envelope and get it shipped for around a buck (assuming you don't feel the need to use delivery confirmation). I did a 2 for 2 trade with a fellow CAG a few years ago, shipping was cheap.

Right after work last night I went over to Walmart that was closest to my house and finally they have the Clearance area stocked new items and with awesome LEGO stuff to boot. Bought the following lego sets:

LEGO 3859 HEROICA Caverns Of Nathuz for $10 (Big board game family here, hope these LEGO games pans out)

LEGO 4206: CITY Recycling Truck for $14.50

and probably the best find in months (to me anyway):

LEGO 5886: T-Rex Hunter for $30.00 (It was marked for $35 but the box was so busted up the manager gave me a $5 discount. Meh, a discount is a discount.)

I also bought the KRE-O Missouri for my other nephew for $35 which was dropped down to $30 with this $5 off instant coupon that was on the box.

Pretty stoke about the T-Rex Hunter set, cant wait to for the weekend to come around. ^_^

During lunch a fellow coworker took me to Barnes & Noble bookstore, and was I was browsing around, noticed there was a Lego area, with lots of Star Wars Lego sets and very few Pirates of Caribbean, but all a premium full price.

[quote name='bigdaddy']There is a LEGO display at the National Toy/Play Musuem.

http://www.museumofplay.org//see-do...dium=panel&utm_campaign=lego-travel-adventure

I went in 2010, cost $12. Great for kids.[/QUOTE]

Adding on top of that, anyone local to my hometown St. Louis, The Magic House has an Art of the Brick exhibit going on until I believe the 26th of this month.

https://www.magichouse.org/exhibits-new-special.php

HOWEVER, they apparently are incorporating a new policy they are testing out. If you do not have a child, they do not let you in the museum for security reasons, even though they're big tagline is "Fun for everyone from 1 to 101!" Their Facebook has exploded with remarks against this policy, even though they rent out the place to wedding receptions and events. One couple I know of cancelled their reservation for a wedding reception because of the way they were treated when they tried to visit and the remarks Magic House made in responding to them on their Facebook, proactively offering to cancel their wedding reception.

Sorry, I've been holding that in for awhile, and needed to vent it I guess. Living out in DC now, otherwise I would try to go and raise hell when they don't let me in. I loved the place as a kid and plan to take my fiancee when we visit, but I'm reconsidering.

My AWD-'Used' Batmobile/Two-face Chase arrived today. The box showed slight wear, and had some stickers on it, but was still sealed and everything inside was impeccable. Awesome set at a great price. I expected the bank to be a POS, but it actually is quite nice. And the Two-Face figure is way cooler than I expected. Any Batman fans who have been on the fence about this set might want to jump on it before it becomes OOP.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Do you trade 1 for 1 or a bunch at a time? If it is 1 for 1 how much does it cost to send them? The potential cost of shipping has turned me away from wanting to trade.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the minifig rarity but what you do is update your list in your profile with what you have for trade and then look for people who have the minifigs you want or just wait (It only took 5 hours before I had 12 potential trades lined up all wanting my S9 stuff) for offers. Sometimes someone wants a single minifig, some want 6 and they offer equal value most of the time. Anything before S6 is a bit more expensive and the ones you will have trouble getting from users are the team GB or whatchamacallit stuff or S1-S4.

You just fit what you trade into a bubble mailer and ship it off using first class USPS for like $1.50. A 6x9 can hold a TON of minifigs and most users on that site use first class.

Little tip: A minifig isn't considered complete unless it has a checklist from the original packaging

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']Adding on top of that, anyone local to my hometown St. Louis, The Magic House has an Art of the Brick exhibit going on until I believe the 26th of this month.

HOWEVER, they apparently are incorporating a new policy they are testing out. If you do not have a child, they do not let you in the museum for security reasons, even though they're big tagline is "Fun for everyone from 1 to 101!" Their Facebook has exploded with remarks against this policy, even though they rent out the place to wedding receptions and events. One couple I know of cancelled their reservation for a wedding reception because of the way they were treated when they tried to visit and the remarks Magic House made in responding to them on their Facebook, proactively offering to cancel their wedding reception.

Sorry, I've been holding that in for awhile, and needed to vent it I guess. Living out in DC now, otherwise I would try to go and raise hell when they don't let me in. I loved the place as a kid and plan to take my fiancee when we visit, but I'm reconsidering.[/QUOTE]

My local museum has a LEGO Castle Adventure exhibit coming to town at the end of the month I'm planning to go to.

Also that is quite the stupid policy, but I'm sure they'll change their mind as they keep losing patrons.

Probably a long shot, but has anyone seen the Cars V8 Cafe on clearance anywhere? I know it's an older set, but it's for a friend of mine.

Anyone gotten the new Creator eagle yet? The set looks interesting.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']Adding on top of that, anyone local to my hometown St. Louis, The Magic House has an Art of the Brick exhibit going on until I believe the 26th of this month.

Sorry, I've been holding that in for awhile, and needed to vent it I guess. Living out in DC now, otherwise I would try to go and raise hell when they don't let me in. I loved the place as a kid and plan to take my fiancee when we visit, but I'm reconsidering.[/QUOTE]

That is stupid...More adults collect LEGOs and are gentler with them than kids. Though I can also see their side of the argument. Maybe they are trying to get more kids in to introduce them to a more creative form of art that doesn't require much more than imagination and hands. They may be hoping that by having that policy more adults that want to see it will end up bringing their child, cousin, nephew, niece, etc.

Wow... that is insane and frankly should be against the law, actually it probably is if anyone is smart enough to file a lawsuit.

The Museum of Play in Rochester has the national toy museum (They are the ones that name toy of the year, and called LEGO the toy of the last century.) in it so I don't think they can get out adults, and if they tried I'd make a fuss. It's really cool. I was 25 when I went with a 20 year old ex.

I left a nasty comment on their Facebook because they claim it's not going to be a policy forever, they are just trying to test different things for safety.

You want to be safe? Live in a bubble, never go outside, never do anything. And cancer will still kill you. Idiots. The chance of a gunman in a museum is small. Schools, malls, movies, work places, but have you ever heard of a museum shooting? Of course now there will be. Crazy fuckers are everywhere, you have to take that risk.

Cars V8 Cafe was on clearance at yoyo.com but it looks like there are none left.

Today was the crazy soccer mom-filled Target 70% off clearance day. But I still managed to score 2 LOTR Weathertops for $17.xx and a Creator Cool Cruiser for $11.xx :) I didn't even bother looking at another Target. The one I went to was a madhouse with all these moms pulling 2 and 3 overflowing carts of toys. I didn't see the out of state re-sellers this time, oddly. Anyway, I'm super happy with my LOTR Lego luck - I've gotten most for 40% off or better.

Then I went across the street to Wal-Mart and found 2 Landspeeders and a Battle of Naboo for $12 each! I thought those would be long gone by now - must have been returns. They had yellow Walmart price stickers on them for 24.99 each, which explains why they lingered on the shelf that morning, but I knew they would scan for less. ;) I'm still seeing lots of Recycling Trucks on clearance too. I've already picked up a couple so I left them.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Today was the crazy soccer mom-filled Target 70% off clearance day. But I still managed to score 2 LOTR Weathertops for $17.xx and a Creator Cool Cruiser for $11.xx :) I didn't even bother looking at another Target. The one I went to was a madhouse with all these moms pulling 2 and 3 overflowing carts of toys. I didn't see the out of state re-sellers this time, oddly. Anyway, I'm super happy with my LOTR Lego luck - I've gotten most for 40% off or better.
[/QUOTE]
That's a very nice price for Weathertop. My Target unfortunately has pretty much no clearance. Not just in LEGO but the toys generally. A couple of items on each aisle is clearanced, that is all. That is quite a contrast to years past where there was an aisle or 2 of nothing but toy clearance. Oh well.

[quote name='ackbar7']That's a very nice price for Weathertop. My Target unfortunately has pretty much no clearance. Not just in LEGO but the toys generally. A couple of items on each aisle is clearanced, that is all. That is quite a contrast to years past where there was an aisle or 2 of nothing but toy clearance. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. All the good clearance stuff was gone before it hit 50% off. Probably only a handful of Lego items even left at this point.

Clearancing pricing points between Targets has been all over the place. Scored a Vampyre Castle for $29.98, price adjusted 2 Naboo Starfighters down to $14.98, and most other sets went from 30% off to 50% off. Also got an Axis and Allies for $8.98, 70% off.

I stopped at Target after lunch, only found some Hero Factory sets for 70% off...my store hasn't let Legos go to 70% off in years because they've been on the 15-30-50 schedule.

Yeah the problems with Target and Walart clearance is one store can have a set for 0% off and another will have the same things, but for 70% off.

I'm hoping the Walmart in the middle of no where has the sets that are 0% off now 50% off when I go back. However this Walmart had the Robin and Penguin set and a SpongeBob set both $20 sets on clearance for $20 for at least 3-4 months then they became rare and disappeared.

AWD has the Goblin King set for $65.
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Hobbit-G...&ie=UTF8&qid=1358448687&sr=1-11&keywords=lego

And Toys N Bricks is saying a lot of Chima sets are 20-25% off on amazon.

Ran to Walmart this morning. They had a Landspeeder, and I was tempted to grab it to resell. They also put 3 X-Wings on the shelf, but that was ringing up full price.

Will probably hit Target later. I really want that Weathertop set, but nobody near here will clearance it.

Hit two Targets during lunch. Got a ton of stuff for my kids, but there was no Lego to be found. In fact, I didn't even find any Mega Blocks and only saw one Kre-o set. Oh well, still a worthwhile trip to grab stuff for the kids.

[quote name='karkyco']Scored a Vampyre Castle for $29.98[/QUOTE]

Wow, amazing price for a great set! It looks great and has a lot of nice details.

[quote name='karkyco']Clearancing pricing points between Targets has been all over the place. Scored a Vampyre Castle for $29.98, price adjusted 2 Naboo Starfighters down to $14.98, and most other sets went from 30% off to 50% off. Also got an Axis and Allies for $8.98, 70% off.[/QUOTE]

I need you to start doing my Lego shopping at Target! I guess it's a good thing I didn't find much, I only went to two Targets, one I scored a lot of things for my daughter and only one Lego Hero Factory set which is most likely a gift.

Anyone gotten the new Creator eagle yet? The set looks interesting.

Just found one today, its pretty neat and can fit two hobbits on its back. Not bad for $15 but would be much happier if it was $10.

[quote name='traprat87']Just found one today, its pretty neat and can fit two hobbits on its back. Not bad for $15 but would be much happier if it was $10.[/QUOTE]

I'd be happier if it were free. :booty:

I like that boat, but still about $10 too much. Weird they are on sale. I think now that the cartoon has aired and will continue for some time that the series will pick up support.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I like that boat, but still about $10 too much. Weird they are on sale. I think now that the cartoon has aired and will continue for some time that the series will pick up support.[/QUOTE]

TRU has a Chima event planned on the 26th 12-2pm. Trying out the speeders and the kids can watch a preview of an episode before it airs on TV.

bread's done
Back