LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='mweav067']

What does anyone think of the Cool Cruiser set? It's 600 some pieces for only $40, and I really like the main model and the one alternate model.[/QUOTE]

Just checked it out on Amazon (only $36 there, BTW) and I like everything but the blue seats. Would look much cooler with black pieces. They look pretty standard, something one could swap out with their own collection.

If anyone has any recently discounted/retired sets like Diagon Alley, MMV or UCS Shuttle that would like to trade for other sets, let me know via PM.

Picked up the two friends poly bags at target yesterday for .39 cents each. Right next to the two poly bags (buried in the video game clearance) was a harry potter poly bag that did not ring up at the self scanner but ended up being full price (2.99, picked it up for my girlfriend anyway). To go with that they had a bunch of series 7 minifigs and after feeling up my third one I realize I had found the bunny suit guy :D.

I live an an area that hardly ever has legos on clearance so it is worth it to look around for those poly bags while they may still be there. My girlfriend actually found the same two friends polys for 1.19 at her target (70% off), so I got lucky to find them at 90% off. The chima set you see is from a poly I got on valentines day at the regular price of 3.99 and that day I also bought the Popsicle stand for 3.99, Id encourage you guys to go scour your local target for some of those bags if they interest you for a couple dollars or less. I wasn't expecting to find them at 90% off, last two bags in the store too.

Ehh, I tried to post a picture but it wont let me attach them, itll only let me post a link to them.

I went to a different Target. I found a Mining polybag for the low low price of $4.29. It's even more expensive than normal. fuck you Target, I hope you go under, you have been a different store since the completely useless grocery crap was added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from Target and picked up four Friends picnic polys, two Chima polys and one Friends ice cream stand poly all for 0.39 each!

[quote name='bigdaddy']I went to a different Target. I found a Mining polybag for the low low price of $4.29. It's even more expensive than normal. fuck you Target, I hope you go under, you have been a different store since the completely useless grocery crap was added.[/QUOTE]
Trust me, I get just as upset when I see no lego clearance whatsoever at my targets. I was elated to find the last two friends poly bags for 39 cents and rely on amazon warehouse deals for all other lego sales. To wish for a company like target to go under is only an expression of your anger and bad form in general. I love target even though I hardly ever see lego deals (I do live in Miami FL, go figure). I like the stores in general.

[quote name='El Rey']Just got back from Target and picked up four Friends picnic polys, two Chima polys and one Friends ice cream stand poly all for 0.39 each![/QUOTE]

Good job sir, were those all the ploys left in store or did you scour around for them? I would have bought as many chimas as possible just for the minifigs but I have yet to find a target with them in stock. I could go out of my way but feel work and other things are more important. I only stop when the store is on my way somewhere. Probably my loss in the end but knowing the obsessive collector and savr I am I am probably just saving time money and space.

Went back to Toy R Us and really glad I did. Apparently Lego came by and restocked the shelves with new product including something I was looking for a long time.

Space Shuttle LEGO City Space Shuttle (3367), to say I was happy to see that is a huge understatement. Took that and a LEGO Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor 70701 came out to be about $48.00

Also picked up a few Lego Minifigures and got a Police Officer, Fairy God Mother, Hippy, Roman Senator, and the best one of the bunch Chicken Man

I do have a extra Roman Senator and a Nerd Minifigures for trade if anyone interested.

Seriously thinking about picking up another Space Shuttle for a good trade or for resale in the future but kinda against it.

[quote name='golfer']Trust me, I get just as upset when I see no lego clearance whatsoever at my targets. I was elated to find the last two friends poly bags for 39 cents and rely on amazon warehouse deals for all other lego sales. To wish for a company like target to go under is only an expression of your anger and bad form in general. I love target even though I hardly ever see lego deals (I do live in Miami FL, go figure). I like the stores in general.

Good job sir, were those all the ploys left in store or did you scour around for them? I would have bought as many chimas as possible just for the minifigs but I have yet to find a target with them in stock. I could go out of my way but feel work and other things are more important. I only stop when the store is on my way somewhere. Probably my loss in the end but knowing the obsessive collector and savr I am I am probably just saving time money and space.[/QUOTE]

My problem isn't with LEGO deals, it's with the stupid grocery shit. Since they added it the stores are way too small and cramped and the prices of everything has gone up. So less store, less opitions, higher prices. fuck that.

And the target I normally go to in a mall is adding one. Why does Target in a mall need more food?! The isles are now about 4 feet wide, it's impossible to even bother checking the stores out.

[quote name='bigdaddy']My problem isn't with LEGO deals, it's with the stupid grocery shit. Since they added it the stores are way too small and cramped and the prices of everything has gone up. So less store, less opitions, higher prices. fuck that.

And the target I normally go to in a mall is adding one. Why does Target in a mall need more food?! The isles are now about 4 feet wide, it's impossible to even bother checking the stores out.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree with bigdaddy here. I have two Targets close by and the closest one, which is much smaller, barely ever has any spectacular sales. The grocery area is MUCH more expensive than my local supermarket so I never food shop there. As for LEGO clearances, that is nonexistent. The crazy part, the store is always packed!

I used to shop frequently at Target a few years back and absolutely loved it, but their whole business structure has changed. They'll be around for a very long time.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I wholeheartedly agree with bigdaddy here. I have two Targets close by and the closest one, which is much smaller, barely ever has any spectacular sales. The grocery area is MUCH more expensive than my local supermarket so I never food shop there. As for LEGO clearances, that is nonexistent. The crazy part, the store is always packed!

I used to shop frequently at Target a few years back and absolutely loved it, but their whole business structure has changed. They'll be around for a very long time.[/QUOTE]

I feel like every Target I've been in are all big enough. Never notice one being much smaller than the rest. They don't need spectacular sales or clearance items because you said it best "the store is always packed". If customers are shopping your store anyways you don't need to do things to bring them in.

As for not finding clearance LEGO at Target I think its a combination of a few factors.
-LEGO sales are up (they just released their info) so people are buy more and therefore less is sitting on the shelves.
-Target is allocating a lot of space for LEGO. My store has a whole aisle on both sides and 1-3 endcaps. The Walmart next door has approx 25 feet of shelves vs. Targets 40+ feet. So they don't need to clear out sets to make room as quickly.
-Smarter buying on Targets behalf. Who over is in charge of buying toys seems to be making better choices in quantities overall. I remember the past few years where every upstock was filled to the brim come holiday time where this year was much less. Also after holiday time there use to be aisles and aisle of clearance toys while this year was an aisle at most.

Lets not get upset with Target and carry on with the girl-on-girl jetski discussion.

The Targets were built to be a certain size, and that size worked. Now however instead of making the stores bigger, or into Super Targets, they are adding food to stores that can't fit it, and the food isn't cheap and isn't needed. One of the stores was just built within the last 5-6 years and they added food now. If they wanted food, they should have made the store bigger when they built it. The one I normally go to will have food in a few weeks, but the new setup has already happened and there isn't enough room for two people to walk by, never mind carts. I can't wait to see Christmas time now with this stupid setup they have.

These Targets never had deals and it never bugged me too much, but now it's just a pain to get into the store to check if they have deals or polybags.

In LEGO news...

The best-selling product lines of 2012 were 1) City, 2) Star Wars, 3) Ninjago, and 4) Friends.

I guess I never really noticed the grocery invasion at target, I thought they always had it but now that I look back on it I do remember a time when they did not sell food. I only used to go there around christmas time and now that I am back into legos I frequent the stores much more just to look for deals.

I stopped by another target today and found a bunch of friends polys but they all rang up at 3.99 but had a return price of 1.19. Wondering if they took them off clearance. While there I checked out the video game clearance and picked up a 360 media remote for 9.98.

I also stopped by TRU today and felt my way to a chicken man and the knight. Does anybody know if the BOGO 50% at TRU applies to only one item or multiple items? Now that I am looking at the sheet with all the series 9 figures, I sort of want to go back and get another chicken man, the waiter, the two faced guy, the judge, the police officer, and the plumber. They did cost 3.50 though, so I would really only want to go back if I can take advantage of the sale on all of them. It took me about 5 minutes and 10 different bags to find the chicken man today, along the way I found 3 police officers and two of the knights, nothing else interested me so I went with the knight.

While at TRU I browsed through the video game section and picked up two wii twilight remote skins for my girlfriend for a dollar and a disney epic mickey controller charger for 5 bucks, both on clearance.

Checked out the local Target, and I found one of the Chima bags. It went back to the $3.99 price, and there are a bunch of the Friends Ice Cream bags, but are also listed at $3.99. Good thing the five of each I picked up last week were still $1.19

I picked up four of Lego Bucket Set 6161 at Toys R Us for $12 on clearance.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Targets were built to be a certain size, and that size worked. Now however instead of making the stores bigger, or into Super Targets, they are adding food to stores that can't fit it, and the food isn't cheap and isn't needed. One of the stores was just built within the last 5-6 years and they added food now. If they wanted food, they should have made the store bigger when they built it. The one I normally go to will have food in a few weeks, but the new setup has already happened and there isn't enough room for two people to walk by, never mind carts. I can't wait to see Christmas time now with this stupid setup they have.

These Targets never had deals and it never bugged me too much, but now it's just a pain to get into the store to check if they have deals or polybags.

In LEGO news...

The best-selling product lines of 2012 were 1) City, 2) Star Wars, 3) Ninjago, and 4) Friends.[/QUOTE]

No idea what you are talking about... the prices on groceries at Target easily beat out the traditional grocery stores around here.

You can get ground beef here $3-$4 a pound, at Target it's $5.xx. Keep cuts of steaks were twice as much as I can find elsewhere. They had pears and oranges for some crazy prices like $1.19 a piece for a small pear. This was back in the fall, I just ignore the food section now. I usually go to Stop and Shop (which is a local thing, and used to be decent) and Aldi, no one beats Aldi's prices for chicken, and it's name brand chicken, not horse meat chicken. :lol:

The TRU sale seems to only be for one of an item online, however instore you can buy a whole box of series 9 if you like. I need to go there tomorrow to feel them up, I hope the sidewalks are somewhat clear.

I added 20 mini-figures to my cart on TRU.com. The total is 54.20. It seems to only give me 6 at 50% off. TRU can't even figure out basic math.

20 times $3.19 is 63.8. $63.8 times 75% is $47.85, not $54.20. *smh* :lol:

[quote name='GoAztecs']
I picked up four of Lego Bucket Set 6161 at Toys R Us for $12 on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's a great deal - I hope my local store has some of those, but I'm not holding my breath.

Would you be willing to sell one if I can't find them?

Where do you guys find Legos on clearance at TRU? I walked around all the isles around the lego section and did not find anything on clearance. Does that mean its nonexistent?

[quote name='GoAztecs']Checked out the local Target, and I found one of the Chima bags. It went back to the $3.99 price, and there are a bunch of the Friends Ice Cream bags, but are also listed at $3.99. Good thing the five of each I picked up last week were still $1.19

[/QUOTE]

This. My son was buying the Kreo packs that were $2.99 but on clearance for $.89. We found 3 left today but they were back to $3. Man was he pissed.

I also returned a Weathertop set 2 weeks ago that I got for $42 on clearance...it is now back to $59.99. :whistle2:s

[quote name='golfer']Where do you guys find Legos on clearance at TRU? I walked around all the isles around the lego section and did not find anything on clearance. Does that mean its nonexistent?[/QUOTE]

Mine was right in the Lego section so yours might not have any.

[quote name='teknikalei']Wow that's a great deal - I hope my local store has some of those, but I'm not holding my breath.

Would you be willing to sell one if I can't find them?[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, I already sorted out the parts in my collection.

So the wife wants me to set up a build area and get more organized or she's cutting the lego budget for my son and I.

What are you guys doing in terms of build-space, part storage and display?

For storage of bricks and plates I use storage containers similar to these but I think the ones I buy from Target are $1
For colors that need more room I use these. I also use them to store sets like the Echo Base, and smaller vehicle sets. For bigger sets that can't fit into them, that I really don't want to have built and sitting around I put all the parts in Ziplock bags, and I write the set number and name on a sticker label, and stick it on the bag, and a copy on the container so I know where to find them

[quote name='fuerza']So the wife wants me to set up a build area and get more organized or she's cutting the lego budget for my son and I.

What are you guys doing in terms of build-space, part storage and display?[/QUOTE]

I'm divorcing my wife.

I have recently run out of display room. I have a very accomodating, almost enabling wife, who got an Ikea shelf just for all of the creator houses I have. Now that I am out of room I have disassembled some sets and put them in freezer bags in storage bins. I figure I'll cycle them throughout the year especially seasonal ones like winter village sets and the haunted house. Also a few sets have gathered a nice amount of dust so taking them apart is also a great reason to wash them before they're put away too. Eventually the plan is to move into a bigger place with lots of display space.

I use some white frame with clear plastic individual drawer things I buy at Walmart. I think they are made by Rubbermaid. they come in varying sizes and are stackable. They are not particularly cheap but being stackable and varying sizes make them optimal for sorting Lego colors and other things.

fuck. - My reaction after coming back from TRU.

They seemed to have had series 9, but are out because I only found one bag. The place was a zoo full of the normal local trash, but all the clearance was still there. I now know why. I bought six 30231 for $16.xx after tax. Cool bug, and neat torso, but I wish he was a blue guy to match the ADU. I then bought an alien mothership and the Cars V8 Cafe. Yay for finally getting the mothership, and for only $30. However I was checking out the Cars set and it was retaped, thus the "fuck". However it seems it is only supposed to have the 4 bags and a small sticker sheet so I should be OK. I think some little *BEEP* dumbfuck opened the set up to look for mini figures... idiots. This is why I flee this area. Stay away from Springfield MA unless you want to see trash like you have never seen it. Lego really needs to knock it off with the tape and go back to gluing. Screw the weirdos that want to save the boxes perfectly, LEGO is just asking for trouble with just a small piece of tape. Of course the reason why LEGO no longer does popup boxes that show off the special pieces is because they would be stolen. Yeah, the tape is wonderful at stopping stealing. Alien Mothership seems OK.

What I don't get is the Cafe came up $19.49, 50% and the mothership is $39.99 but with a "refund price" of $30.11, but the V8 has no refund price. Good to know that If I ever want one set TRU does do the 25% off thing, but if I had to return the V8 and they have one left would I get screwed?

Can't wait to build the mothership, I finally got it for the price I wanted and I saw a YouTube review and it makes sounds when it spins! That is so awesome, still should have two more minifigures.

Picked up about 5 Series 9 mini-figs today. I got the judge, cop, gypsy, and Roman guy which were 4 I really wanted. The last one I got was the alien guy with blaster and vest, I grabbed it because I couldn't figure out which one it was. I did go through an entire display but couldn't find the girl with the bow and arrow and shield... If you have spares of that one I might be interested.

My Kmart has the Sith Infiltrators down to $52.00... I was tempted. They also marked the TIE Fighters down to $50 from $55, so I'll have to keep checking back to see if they go lower.

Overall didn't find anything today though... Went to the further out Walmart but their clearance stuff was cleaned out, and they moved the Whitecap Bay set to an endcap but still at $54. I might be more interested if I had actually seen the 4th Pirates movie. My local Walmart cleaned out their clearance stuff onto palettes and has them labeled as "Clearance/Deleted Toys."

Regarding the Chima and Friends polybags, I went through my Target today (picked up Rage Anarchy Edition for $10) and noticed in the Easter section that they had price tags out for the Chima and Friends polybags. That's probably why they went back up to full price. In the only complaint I think I've ever had about my local Target is the fact that they got rid of all their Valentine's Day stuff. I wanted to grab some of it on Clearance, but had to wait until today when I got paid. Unless they actually sold all of it.

[quote name='mweav067']Picked up about 5 Series 9 mini-figs today. I got the judge, cop, gypsy, and Roman guy which were 4 I really wanted. The last one I got was the alien guy with blaster and vest, I grabbed it because I couldn't figure out which one it was. I did go through an entire display but couldn't find the girl with the bow and arrow and shield... If you have spares of that one I might be interested.

My Kmart has the Sith Infiltrators down to $52.00... I was tempted. They also marked the TIE Fighters down to $50 from $55, so I'll have to keep checking back to see if they go lower.

Overall didn't find anything today though... Went to the further out Walmart but their clearance stuff was cleaned out, and they moved the Whitecap Bay set to an endcap but still at $54. I might be more interested if I had actually seen the 4th Pirates movie. My local Walmart cleaned out their clearance stuff onto palettes and has them labeled as "Clearance/Deleted Toys."

Regarding the Chima and Friends polybags, I went through my Target today (picked up Rage Anarchy Edition for $10) and noticed in the Easter section that they had price tags out for the Chima and Friends polybags. That's probably why they went back up to full price. In the only complaint I think I've ever had about my local Target is the fact that they got rid of all their Valentine's Day stuff. I wanted to grab some of it on Clearance, but had to wait until today when I got paid. Unless they actually sold all of it.[/QUOTE]

Man, I picked up the Sith Infiltrator for $27.xx at Walmart after their year end clearance. I had no idea it was as expensive as you have mentioned. The box has a small dent in it, but other than that it is brand new.

They had three and I picked up the one that was in the best shape. Kind of wishing I had got the other ones now.

On a side note, how many UNOPENED Lego sets do you all have?

I was looking though my collection and I have....

36 unopened sets (my life seems to revolve around backlogs >.> )
22 Star Wars MTT, Tie Fighter and Star Destroyer Polys.
60+ unopened series 8 minifigs

I went a little crazy at the end of the year with the minifigs, but I see the prices the older series go for now, and I'm thinking in 5-10 years these might fetch a little more than the $1 I paid for them ;)

That's a tough one. I have so many piled up and arranged every which way to minimize how much space the varying sized boxes take up, so it would be tough to count. I'd guess about 150ish boxes (Counting all sizes, even the tiny boxed things). Maybe another 100 polybags and similar things. Minifigs are one thing I don't wait around to open. I just can't resist seeing what I got (I rarely bother to feel them, just grab a bunch and go)

It's not that I don't build stuff, but I tend to buy it at a higher rate than I build it.

[quote name='SSchmidt']On a side note, how many UNOPENED Lego sets do you all have?

I went a little crazy at the end of the year with the minifigs, but I see the prices the older series go for now, and I'm thinking in 5-10 years these might fetch a little more than the $1 I paid for them ;)[/QUOTE]

Went to TRU to take advantage of the last day of BOGO1/2 to finish of series 9. Picked up hollywood starlet, fortune teller, judge, battle mech, alien avenger, plumber, roller derby girl and the waiter

S@H has the "spring" set that has two minifigures and a cherry tree with a whole bunch of Friends flowers for only $8. i was sure it would be $10-$13 being the wedding topper was $8 and is only two minifigures.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Springti...Qw**.lego-ps-4-4?ShipTo=US&_requestid=2517811

And of course now Amazon has lowered the price of the Heavy Duty Police Helicopter to less than $40. I bought one from AWD for $37 because I figured it would never lower, I have been watching it for months. I bought it because it was probably going to be part of a second wave of Alien Conquest.

ToysNBricks is saying that KMart has a 50% off clearance sale this week. Here was some things that sold out really quick last night...

http://www.kmart.com/toys-games-blo...e&sid=KAx20061023x272xTier3&PID=5112601&aff=Y

And AWD had a City Police Station for $56 (44% off) and thankfully someone bought it before I could. I probably should have bought it, but $56 for the somewhat uncommon / rare garage doors and 18 widows and doors was still too much, I find it rather ugly. Plus at several times it was $50-$60. But I really like garage doors and only have two. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']ToysNBricks is saying that KMart has a 50% off clearance sale this week. Here was some things that sold out really quick last night...

http://www.kmart.com/toys-games-blo...e&sid=KAx20061023x272xTier3&PID=5112601&aff=Y

And AWD had a City Police Station for $56 (44% off) and thankfully someone bought it before I could. I probably should have bought it, but $56 for the somewhat uncommon / rare garage doors and 18 widows and doors was still too much, I find it rather ugly. Plus at several times it was $50-$60. But I really like garage doors and only have two. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That sith nightspeeder; I already have one unopened, but for $9.50 I would have easily bit on another one. I'm really aggravated about the tie fighter. I've wanted one for a while. I passed on a new one at Walmart for $35, thinking I would see it cheaper, but have not seen one that cheap since. To get one for $24 would be a steal IMO. Thats a must have for my collection!

I found a couple more Star Wars poly bags at Walmart on clearance. 5 Star destroyers. How could I say no? :D

I also saw the minifig cases (the small ones with a minifig head logo on them). I saw them at TRu and almost ordered a few of them. Glad I didn't drop the $5.xx at the time. They were $3.xx. I got one of each color. May have to get some more, they are really cool and slim, so storing them works like a glove.

Went back to Kmart today and got the TIE Fighter for $24.50 and the Infiltrator for $26.00. The Gungan Subs were also at the end of the Lego aisle with no actual price tag under them, but still scanned at full price.

Also of interesting note was that the two new Creator Mini sets scanned at $5.99 as opposed to their MSRP of $6.99. I've only seen this happen at my local Kmart though.

I also realized why I can't stand the new UCS X-Wing. There's basically three reasons behind it. One is the $50 upcharge, another one is that the R2-D2 mini-figure looks way too small for it, and the third is that while I know X-Wings will sell, I wanted my UCS A-Wing before another UCS X-Wing.

[quote name='mweav067']Went back to Kmart today and got the TIE Fighter for $24.50 and the Infiltrator for $26.00. The Gungan Subs were also at the end of the Lego aisle with no actual price tag under them, but still scanned at full price.

Also of interesting note was that the two new Creator Mini sets scanned at $5.99 as opposed to their MSRP of $6.99. I've only seen this happen at my local Kmart though.

I also realized why I can't stand the new UCS X-Wing. There's basically three reasons behind it. One is the $50 upcharge, another one is that the R2-D2 mini-figure looks way too small for it, and the third is that while I know X-Wings will sell, I wanted my UCS A-Wing before another UCS X-Wing.[/QUOTE]

So it seems that the online clearance prices are also in store. Does this seem t be YMMV or can someone confirm this elsewhere?

We're the sets marked on clearance and did you have to scan them?

Prices at KMarts are YMWV but on TNB they said all clearance toys are 50% more off, and that there are other sets on sale. Someone got the LotR cstle for $48.50.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Prices at KMarts are YMWV but on TNB they said all clearance toys are 50% more off, and that there are other sets on sale. Someone got the LotR cstle for $48.50.[/QUOTE]

I was able to find a Lord of the Rings Battle of Helms Deep for $48.50 as well. First set I've bought since I thought I was done buying sets but at that price, how could I turn it down?

[quote name='SSchmidt']So it seems that the online clearance prices are also in store. Does this seem t be YMMV or can someone confirm this elsewhere?

We're the sets marked on clearance and did you have to scan them?[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about the online clearance, but when I checked the link posted earlier the price for the TIE Fighter was the same.

The Sith Infiltrators weren't marked. Some of the TIE Fighters were marked at something like $49, but as mentioned they scanned at $24.50. The Monster Fighter sets were all retail price yet, as was the X-Wing (seriously that thing is just eluding me at cheaper than $60). That was really all I scanned, as I didn't notice anymore older sets. I did notice they were out of Unexpected Gathering Hobbit sets though, so I'm wondering if that discounted and I missed it.

I managed to get a Goblin King for $37.50 and Lego Tower Take Down for $9, I waited to long and the last two K-Marts closed early on me.

Saw but didn't pick up, Sith Night Speeder for $11, Dino Triceratops Takedown for $22.50, Lego City Police Heavy-Lift Copter for $22.50, and Lego Mining Truck for $15. Wish I could have seen a Helms Deep for that price, especially since it might retire this summer.

[quote name='SSchmidt']On a side note, how many UNOPENED Lego sets do you all have?

I went a little crazy at the end of the year with the minifigs, but I see the prices the older series go for now, and I'm thinking in 5-10 years these might fetch a little more than the $1 I paid for them ;)[/QUOTE]

I have a whole closet of Legos.I have a lot opened but I have a lot of more current stuff unopened like Kingdoms,LOTR,Star Wars,Pirates.
But my real unopened collection is all the sets from the 1980's and early 1990's.
I have a crap load of Castle,Pirates,Space unopened.

I actually keep my buying of current Lego's under control.I really only buy like 10 sets a year.

Where my problem is and I go broke is once I discovered Ebay and realized I could go back and buy the sets from when I was a kid unopened.My family was broke and could only get some small sets as a kid and I would always dream about the big sets like the castles and ships.

I've got 3 or 4 piles of unopened sets. Some are to sell down the road to help pay for this, but most I either don't have room to put them up once I build them or I just haven't got around to opening them yet and a handful I am on the fence as far as keep or sell. All together I am sure it is 50-60 boxed sets and probably almost as many polybags. The only unopened figures I have are series 2 and I have around 10. I have been on a streak of putting sets together lately though. For a lot of them I build them and then either put them somewhere or take them apart and split the parts up among my ever growing pile of sorting tubs. Most of what I build is Castle related so I tend to buy several copies of Castle/Kingdoms sets with useful parts and LotR sets with useful parts and then sell the figures I don't want. Star Wars and Space are the main two themes that I leave sets intact once I build them.

Sith Infiltrator for $26, Mining Truck for $15, and, wait for it, Spongebob Heroes of the Deep for $5 at my Kmart. They had restocked with more copies of old LOTR/Hobbit sets--nothing on clearance though.

Broke down and bought the White Batan/Aquaman set for full msrp, just because it never seems to be on shelves for long.

Kmart continues to be my best LEGO clearance spot.

bread's done
Back