LEGO Deals 3

Found latest series of minifigures at Five Below (that same chain not in CA). It's the first non-TRU store around me to have them as far as I know. Didn't think to look for polybags. Wouldn't mind finding the Uruk Hai but I wish I could find the elf one somewhere.

So I just got shipping notification on that Ninjago Kai Fire Mech + Splitta Play Set $10 Wal-Mart deal I posted. They split it up as $2 for the Kai Fire Mech and $7.97 for the Splitta Play Set. I really wasn't considering returning the Splitta Play Set before, but I may now.

I went to Target and received a price match (to K-Mart online) on the Friends City Park Cafe. Got 2 for $13 each! Make sure you take them directly up to the guest service desk (where they keep the "price match I-Pad"). YMMV

Found the Uruk Hai polybags at Five Below. Initially excited but then realized I'd rather have Uruk Hai Army at MSRP than 7 polybags +$2. Still got one though.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']I went to Target and received a price match (to K-Mart online) on the Friends City Park Cafe. Got 2 for $13 each! Make sure you take them directly up to the guest service desk (where they keep the "price match I-Pad"). YMMV[/QUOTE]

They price matched it even though it is OOS online?

[quote name='Zepp-Head']^Yeah. Why? Is that one of their criteria? It was a young guy who helped me and perhaps he didn't know.[/QUOTE]

I don't know for certain, but generally, yeah, most places won't price match if the competing store is out of stock on the item.

Did some checking around today, and nothing really worth anything.

I hit up TRU, and they had Series 9 for $3.19, which was a nuisance but I found the girl with the bow and arrow and shield and also bought the Cyclops while I was there.

Went across the street to a local mall. Found the clownfish polybag from the other year at $3.99 at a small toy store within the mall, so I grabbed it. Ran to the Five Below, and they had the Hogwarts Express polybags... Hoping to go back next Friday on payday and grab one along with the Uruk-Hai.

For Series 9, I think I mainly want the Jekyll/Hyde guy, mermaid, and plumber. If I stumble across the waiter and knight I wouldn't mind. For some reason, I actually really like this series.

Stopped by K-Mart. They had the Sith Infiltrator! The Ghost Train! Helm's Deep! All....at full price. Oh well. I got Kre-O Cliffjumper.

They did have Series 9, which brings me to...

It seems my "feeling up" skills (ahem) were not quite as good as I thought in Series 7 and 8. I missed one each. I meant to go back, but my timing's been off lately.

I need Series 7 Evil Knight and Series 8 Alien Villainess.

I can trade: Series 9 Chicken Guy, Forest Maiden, Roller Derby Girl, Plumber, Series 8 Diver, Series 7 Viking Woman, Series 5 Small Clown, or Series 3 Sumo, Baseball Player, or Pilot. Please PM me if we can trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be heading to Boston in a couple weeks and plan on stopping at a Lego store. I'll be going past the Natick stores and be nearby the Braintree store. I know bigdaddy is from MA and I think some others are too. Any opinions on which store is better? I'm mostly looking to grab the Springtime Scene, maybe fill up a PAB cup or 2, and maybe an exclusive if I have the money.

They're both about the same. I personally like the Braintree one more because I got to know one of the associates there. I haven't been down that way in a while though since the Burlington and Peabody stores are closer to me.

Yeah I like the Natick one because the people were from the now closed Worchester store. But I haven't been in years and only Braintree once. I'd try Braintree. You might get grab bags of used pieces for cheap. Natick never had those. But I haven't been to either in years. Natick mall looks like an airport, which is cool. But both stores look the same.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'd try Braintree. You might get grab bags of used pieces for cheap. Natick never had those. But I haven't been to either in years.[/QUOTE]TLG discontinued grab bags back in Sept 2012. Apparently, the rumor is that parents were complaining about getting 'dirty' LEGO in the bags. Goes to show what happens when people bitch about a good thing. I used to always get great pieces from the grab bags and the price was a steal considering the pieces counts you would get.

Heading to Atlanta GA in a few weeks and then St Petersburg FL in mid April.
Any good LEGO stores around?
I know they have a LEGOland in St Petersburg, but i'm not going to be able to take a whole day and site see.

If you know of anything, let me know!

Got my Galaxy Squad Mini Mech polybags!

I went into Walmart at about 11pm armed with some numbers I gathered over at the TnB forums and not one - but three - employees helped me out. They even fetched them from the back for me!

I just saw a video of that polybag, looks pretty cool, I was at TRU earlier but didn't buy the little green one they have their.

I stopped in to a kmart yesterday and they had the Lego Tie Fighter for 50% off. Got it for $24.50. Thought it was a great deal. Will hit them up again in a few days to see if anything else is added for sure.

Noticed that Lego's shop is offering the Republic Frigate polybag. I might order the Palace Cinema, or get a hold of Lego tomorrow and get them to add a Droid Escape or something to my Minecraft order since that hasn't shipped yet.

[quote name='mweav067']Noticed that Lego's shop is offering the Republic Frigate polybag. I might order the Palace Cinema, or get a hold of Lego tomorrow and get them to add a Droid Escape or something to my Minecraft order since that hasn't shipped yet.[/QUOTE]

You have to purchase $50 worth of Star Wars sets to qualify.

[quote name='prim4444']You have to purchase $50 worth of Star Wars sets to qualify.[/QUOTE]

Well... that puts a damper on things. Maybe I'll finally order the Falcon, since it's free shipping on orders of $75 or more.

[quote name='SSchmidt']Heading to Atlanta GA in a few weeks and then St Petersburg FL in mid April.
Any good LEGO stores around?
I know they have a LEGOland in St Petersburg, but i'm not going to be able to take a whole day and site see.

If you know of anything, let me know![/QUOTE]

The discovery center at Phipps Mall gets terrible reviews. The only good thing is the gift shop has some discontinued sets at original retail. There are two Lego stores in the Atlanta area at Alpharetta and Lawrenceville. The Lawrenceville location used to be an "outlet" and still has an abundance of scratch and dent deals. Downtown Disney has a good Lego store with a big outdoor build/play area. The store is quite large and they used to have pallet sized areas with sale/clearance items. The Legoland isn't in St.Pete but in Cypress Gardens which is in the Orlando area.

Target has various $20 sets marked down to $18. Not great, but not horrible either, especially if you've got a RedCard with the extra 5% savings. What I saw:

Superman vs. Lex Luthor
Wolverine Chopper
Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
Spider-man & Venom

Star Wars Droid Escape
Star Wars Genossian Cannon

Various $20 City sets

My local news is having a report on how well LEGO is doing, because I live 30 minutes from Enfield. They are talking about how they are the second biggest toy company and how they are expecting to hire more people from their correct 600. What they didn't bring up is the fact I think at it's height they had 3,000 people working there.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Target has various $20 sets marked down to $18. Not great, but not horrible either, especially if you've got a RedCard with the extra 5% savings. What I saw:

Superman vs. Lex Luthor
Wolverine Chopper
Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
Spider-man & Venom

Star Wars Droid Escape
Star Wars Genossian Cannon

Various $20 City sets[/QUOTE]

cool. I'll probably pick up the Venom and Droid Escape sets this week since they are both big wants

Hello , sorry if off-topic forum # category, but still. Expected to open a beauty salon and pick up vehicles for cosmetology.Advise cosmetic combine the function of cavitation and radioliftinga , just need a cosmetic device Elos hair removal.I guess staying in the Chinese sample. That tell me?

[quote name='encendido5']Thanks to whoever posted about 5 below. I picked up the Hogwarts Express for $5. They also had the HP trolley poly and the Urukhai poly for $4 each.[/QUOTE]
went nail polish shopping last friday after work (heck yeah, I live a thrilling life!) and dropped in to a Five Below. I noticed the lego baggies after checking out and was too tired to get back in line. is it worth going back?

ahem. trolley poly trolley poly trolley poly trolley poly. ( ^-^)

[quote name='guinaevere']went nail polish shopping last friday after work (heck yeah, I live a thrilling life!) and dropped in to a Five Below. I noticed the lego baggies after checking out and was too tired to get back in line. is it worth going back?

ahem. trolley poly trolley poly trolley poly trolley poly. ( ^-^)[/QUOTE]

they are OOP so it might be worth it to pick up at least one each if you don't have them.

The HP train is cute.

The army builder is nice if you like LOTR, but I think everyone agreed that getting the Wall set is a better price.

[quote name='xycury']they are OOP so it might be worth it to pick up at least one each if you don't have them.

The HP train is cute.

The army builder is nice if you like LOTR, but I think everyone agreed that getting the Wall set is a better price.[/QUOTE]

Especially when (some/YMMV) Targets had them on clearance for 70% off MSRP. $8.98 (plus Target redcard 5% additional discount)...

[quote name='xycury']they are OOP so it might be worth it to pick up at least one each if you don't have them.

The HP train is cute.

The army builder is nice if you like LOTR, but I think everyone agreed that getting the Wall set is a better price.[/QUOTE]
charity is a wonderful thing. but I am kicking myself for giving away our complete train set. it was beautiful! when the brother person and I were building the lighthouse and I had that idea about the kitchen remodel, I was about to cry because it would have been adorable to have the train running through it. ( >_

Mr. Rogers gave me nightmares don't cry. =O

I probably wouldn't have given that set away though, I would have just gone out and bought something else. I remember paying around $30-$35 for the HP train, should have picked up the other one as well.

[quote name='skiizim']Did you ever get your redcard issue resolved?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Apparently it wasn't cancelled by them at all. The bill was just returned to sender as undeliverable for some reason. I just paid it off and they waived any late fee or interest charge and it was reactivated within 24 hours.

I went to the best Walmart on Earth (No lines) and they had some stuff on clearance! But only 30% off. They had SpongeBob's house for $35, the mad scientist MF for $30, the Avengers ship for $49, XWings $40, Goblin King (Two months old and clearance) for $70 and some LotR set that is $70-$80 for $54. Somehow has nearly 800 pieces and it doesn't look like it. I didn't buy any of it because I have spent too much recently, 50% off I would have bit.

I did find one random NinjaGo spinner, white ninja, for $2! Sold! :)

Big Ebay score - series 2 mime, karate master, vampire, series 4 crazy scientist, kimono girl, street skater, ice skater, soccer player, series 6 surgeon and flamenco dancer. Thats puts me at 119/144 minifigs!

[quote name='Broseph']Got my Galaxy Squad Mini Mech polybags!

I went into Walmart at about 11pm armed with some numbers I gathered over at the TnB forums and not one - but three - employees helped me out. They even fetched them from the back for me![/QUOTE]

So this was my problem.

I went to Target.

:censored:

Thanks Prim. I'll keep a eye out for minifigures.

Why have it be only reg price? No one even bothered to buy clearance last time.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU next week. B1G1 50% All regular priced sets. Excludes Technic & Chima.[/QUOTE]

Really I see no reason to exclude Technic and Chima.

I probably would have grabbed two of the smaller Technic sets if they qualified, as I've been wanting to build one for a while.

My Wal-Mart FINALLY dropped a couple of the big kits sitting in the clearance section, but the discount isn't legendary.

The Hobbit 79010 Goblin King Battle - $69.99 down from $99.99
The Avengers 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle - $49.99 down from $69.99

The discount sticker says 3/4/2013, so they have been sitting on the shelf a few days. 3 of the Goblin King and 5 of the Quinjet.

Should I pull the trigger or risk it and see if they drop lower?

What's your sales tax like? Because you can get each of those sets on Amazon right now for $75 and $55 respectively.

-Mattyp

[quote name='mweav067']Really I see no reason to exclude Technic and Chima.

I probably would have grabbed two of the smaller Technic sets if they qualified, as I've been wanting to build one for a while.[/QUOTE]

I woud have gone for one of the big $199 sets, which is probably the reason why they excluded those :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']Thanks Prim. I'll keep a eye out for minifigures.

Why have it be only reg price? No one even bothered to buy clearance last time.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I wanted to get the big Cars 2 Tokyo International Circuit set (was priced 40% off at $52.99) and a Star Wars Advent Calendar (was priced 50% off at $24.99), unfortunately neither the $20 off $75 Lego purchase promo nor the 20% off an item coupons would qualify due to the regular price clause on each. Only promo that would have worked would have been a single Alien Squad poly for free.

[quote name='mweav067']Really I see no reason to exclude Technic and Chima.

I probably would have grabbed two of the smaller Technic sets if they qualified, as I've been wanting to build one for a while.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fuerza']I woud have gone for one of the big $199 sets, which is probably the reason why they excluded those :)[/QUOTE]

What I couldn't believe was the markup (or is it MSRP?) on some of the sets...markups on top of markups. The Technic dirtbike looks like a really cool set, 350 ish pieces, but TRU had it marked at $53.99. Come on now.

bread's done
Back