LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='180husher']A-wing is $18 this week at Target...knew I should have waited.[/QUOTE]

If you and I hadn't waited the thing would have never gone on sale. -__-

I love the set, so I don't mind too much that I grabbed it when I did. I'm assuming the other sets on "sale" are like $1 or $2 off.

[quote name='mweav067']If you and I hadn't waited the thing would have never gone on sale. -__-

I love the set, so I don't mind too much that I grabbed it when I did. I'm assuming the other sets on "sale" are like $1 or $2 off.[/QUOTE]

Target always does this it seems. Whatever the $25 SW ship is for the current release will go on sale for sub $20 at least once. I just never wait because I like the smaller ships the best and they are relatively cheap so I buy them on impulse...even though I know I can save $7 if I wait. Hell, most times I just buy it again to have an extra.

And they usually just mark the rest 5% off which amounts to a buck or two like you said. I'll check them out today. My store had a sale sign on the X-wing for $25 last week...but the sign was for a Skylanders Mega set??? It was very difficult to not try to buy an X-wing and try to get them to honor the price especially after I informed a girl working in toys that it was mislabeled and she never took it down.:roll:

I finally got to take my son to see his beloved Iron Man 3 movie. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that a certain minifig he "had to have" he could care less about now. If you've seen the movie, you probably know what I'm talking about.

^Yeah, it seems as if LEGO, too, was fooled about the plot. I found that amusing.....apparently Marvel Studios/Disney doesn't trust LEGO enough to be more forthcoming.

[quote name='180husher']Target always does this it seems. Whatever the $25 SW ship is for the current release will go on sale for sub $20 at least once. I just never wait because I like the smaller ships the best and they are relatively cheap so I buy them on impulse...even though I know I can save $7 if I wait. Hell, most times I just buy it again to have an extra.

And they usually just mark the rest 5% off which amounts to a buck or two like you said. I'll check them out today. My store had a sale sign on the X-wing for $25 last week...but the sign was for a Skylanders Mega set??? It was very difficult to not try to buy an X-wing and try to get them to honor the price especially after I informed a girl working in toys that it was mislabeled and she never took it down.:roll:

I finally got to take my son to see his beloved Iron Man 3 movie. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that a certain minifig he "had to have" he could care less about now. If you've seen the movie, you probably know what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]

I'm half tempted to pick up another one and just sell off the Ackbar and Han Solo mini-figures.

I really love the A-Wing. If Lego released a UCS version of it I'd probably buy it no questions asked. Actually, I wish they would have made a UCS version instead of releasing another X-Wing (although the new X-Wing is really nice).

The Lego Store is currently offering free shipping on orders over $75. I want to order the $69.99 Technic Pick-up Tow Truck for my dad for Father's Day. Can I throw a $4.99 set on there and have the computers pick it up as $75, or does it absolutely have to be $75?

Last edited by a moderator:
KMart gave me $5 to spend online and shipping is free since I'm on their MAX program or whatever. Sadly, their Lego sets have a mark-up and there is nothing below $5. I was hoping to get a free series 10 minifig or something.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']^Yeah, it seems as if LEGO, too, was fooled about the plot. I found that amusing.....apparently Marvel Studios/Disney doesn't trust LEGO enough to be more forthcoming.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree. Given only 1 of the sets actually happened in the movie.

Lego bases the sets off of the movie generally. It's like saying that Hawkeye never drove a blue truck in The Avengers movie. Doesn't make a difference.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Does anyone have any experience with ordering/requesting missing pieces straight from LEGO? Their website seems almost TOO easy to submit a request from (like what's stopping unscrupulous folk from saying they didn't get the mini-figs?)[/QUOTE]
It really is that easy to request new parts. Had to use it maybe three times in 10 years, myself. And I'm sure there are some people who are able to abuse it to get free minifigs, but TLG must have some system in place to flag suspicious requests like that for further investigation.

[quote name='Max Power']Looking to trade for these.[/QUOTE]
I do have an extra couple of the Luthors still in their polybag, as well as 2 of the LOTR preorder minifigs and the hulk poly. I might be willing to trade, or sell, one of the Luthors, although I don't have anything particular in mind that I'm looking for in exchange.

[quote name='Pirate331']It really is that easy to request new parts. Had to use it maybe three times in 10 years, myself. And I'm sure there are some people who are able to abuse it to get free minifigs, but TLG must have some system in place to flag suspicious requests like that for further investigation.[/QUOTE]

I recently saw somewhere that someone requested a minifigure and Lego requested more info like a receipt or box info.

I once was pissed off at the fact that a little sand blue wizard guy wasn't sold in the USA. So when I had to order some missing pieces I added the sand blue wizard hat. But a whole minifigure they would call you out on.

And I think they keep track of the addresses used to ship the missing parts. Missing parts are rare (not so rare 10 years ago) so if you are missing them they will ask.

However if you are missing a minifigure because someone opened the box and tried stealing the minifigures fro ma Cars set then... :lol:

[quote name='mweav067']I might just cave and get that X-Wing... Not a great deal, but $15 off is still $15 off (approximately).[/QUOTE]

Buy it. Target has a 90 day return policy and you can return online purchases in store so it's painless. Then wait for the summer clearance to see if you can pick one up cheaper. If you don't, then keep this one.

I wasn't even aware Target sold the Architecture sets, but I found a clearance Big Ben (087-09-0249) for $20.98 this morning.

Was not marked as an Online Item/Repackage/AS-IS, just regular clearance.

Target has the Lego Batman movie on sale...$13.99 for either the DVD or Blu-ray/DVD combo. Comes with Clark Kent changing into Supes minifig.

[quote name='180husher']Target has the Lego Batman movie on sale...$13.99 for either the DVD or Blu-ray/DVD combo. Comes with Clark Kent changing into Supes minifig.[/QUOTE]
Amazon has matched this price as well.

Best buy has the DVD of Batman the movie for $9.99. Picked mine up today- the minifig is awesome! Can't wait for the Jor El from the Lego Shop next month....

Lego Batman DVD had a coupon for free Kids admission to Legoland or Legoland Discovery Center. Promo code is 139908 (legoland.com/wb2013) if anyone didn't pick up the movie. I doubt that's a unique code, but have at if it is.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Anyone know where I can get this Lego X-wing?[/QUOTE]

I saw that and was still disappointed because I was hoping they would show off the Ewok Village set that has been rumoured forever.

That X-Wing is insane.

I bought the X-Wing earlier this week. After calculating in sales tax, I still saved $15. I'll keep it sealed for a while and see if it ends up cheaper somewhere else. I just had the Target a mile down the road do an online price match.

I think I asked this before, but for shop.lego.com, if I order the $69.99 Technic Pick-Up Tow Truck and then a $4.99 set, will the free shipping on orders of $75 or more trigger even though I'm a few cents short, or does it have to be $75?

[quote name='Stoic21']Little off topic from the star wars sets...but does anyone know if there are any lotr helms deep deals or similar? Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you really want that set I might jump on it sooner than later, I'm almost positive it will be retired this summer if not at least by the end of the year.

Had a big clearance haul today -
First Target - Shelob Attacks $5.98 x2, Attack on the Weathertop $17.98
Kmart - Gandalf Arrives $5 x2, Droid Escape #9 (they also had a fresh endcap of Series 8 minifigs for $1.94)
Second Target - Gandalf Arrives $3.88

Anyone seen any dates for the next wave of Friends sets?

Looking at the:
Downtown Bakery
Heartlake High
Dolphin Cruiser
Emma's Sports Car

There are some on ebay with South Korea as the listing place. I'd imagine those have to be knock offs.

Did anyone get the Batman Super Heroes Unite movie? I really want the minifig but not sure if I'll have any interest in the movie. I'm an adult with no kids so I don't know how entertained I'll be by it.

Been wanting to get into collecting for awhile. My wife was able to pick me up a Millenium Falcon for 40 bucks. Walmart was having a sidewalk sale and said they ordered too many for Christmas and they were sitting in the back. Had them clearanced down to 80.00 and then half off of it.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Been wanting to get into collecting for awhile. My wife was able to pick me up a Millenium Falcon for 40 bucks. Walmart was having a sidewalk sale and said they ordered too many for Christmas and they were sitting in the back. Had them clearanced down to 80.00 and then half off of it.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could find a sale like that, my buddy is actually looking for one right now for his son.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Did anyone get the Batman Super Heroes Unite movie? I really want the minifig but not sure if I'll have any interest in the movie. I'm an adult with no kids so I don't know how entertained I'll be by it.[/QUOTE]
My son absolutely loved it. I fell asleep 3 times in the first 30 minutes, though, and I was well rested.

I went to target today and tried to find clearance sets...I couldn't find clearance anything lol. Where are you guys finding clearance lego sets at in target? I found clearance items for other departments but not lego.

I didn't buy myself an A Wing because I've been lowing my budget recently and I need a wisdom tooth out, but I'm already kicking myself for it.

I really love the ship and it's the only cheap way to get mister "It's a trap!". :lol:

*Must remember, it's only plastic... only plastic* :)

Does it apply to all, though? In the ad, it says the sets have to be of the same 'Brand".....but online only certain City and Galaxy Squad qualify. Can anyone confirm this for in-store?

Edit: The ad seems to have a disclaimer at the bottom saying only Galaxy Squad and City qualifies. Bummer...

[quote name='bigdaddy']I didn't buy myself an A Wing because I've been lowing my budget recently and I need a wisdom tooth out, but I'm already kicking myself for it.

I really love the ship and it's the only cheap way to get mister "It's a trap!". :lol:

*Must remember, it's only plastic... only plastic* :)[/QUOTE]

I ordered one late last night for these very reasons

The outrageously price coast guard sets have been added to S@H. The set prices are almost twice as high as they should be.

You can get two forest police stations for $90. And you can get the heavy police chopper and fire plane for ~$33 each at Target.

bread's done
Back