LEGO Deals 3

I'm love to buy it for 90%, just like every other set. ;)

There is no minimum, it varies from store to store. I'd buy it for $35, doubtful you will find it for $20ish.
It can happen, though. I got mine last fall for 17.98. But you can't count on that. I think that was one that had been put back on shelves after most of the clearance was long gone and I got very lucky. But that happens too. You won't find much post-clearance, but occasional finds do happen.

I'd buy it for $35, too You should be able to return it if you find it cheaper later.

Targets near me now have nothing. Walmart is more interesting.

One Walmart that I went to last week had red-tagged a lot of items, but the discounts weren't great. This week, they took everything except the Cool Cruiser off clearance. Weird!

I picked up a Helms Deep 50% off at Target today, they have another one with some damage down the hill from my house at the Target on Arlington in Riverside. Two sets mysteriously appeared after the reset, may have been in the back but I had a feeling it would 50% off today.

My Target LEGO section looked beautiful, both sides of the aisle, nothing but LEGO, even the big baseplates.

Not a single thing on sale, including the older sets.

And every time I go into the newly redone Target I hate it more and more.  That's probably my last trip.  They got rid of half the seasonal section, and made the aisles tiny just to put in food, so now they have college shit EVERYWHERE.  There is a wall of college junk preventing you from going anywhere near clothing.  No one needs clothes for college!

I did buy the Spiderman flying car set from AWD for $14.64, Korra season 1 DVD and a two pack of black Sharpies (only 50 cents, great filler).   :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i went to target today and they had a bunch of sets but nothing even lower than regular price.

IDK why but when i scan the spiderman cycle set at kmart it says wolverine 19.99 on the scanner. Something wrong with that UPC? Most of the sets dont even have stickers on them so i really dont know whats on clearance.

I wonder how the spring loaded shooters are going to work, I'm glad they don't too many big sets, I think the most expensive one is going to be the at-ap. The new minis do look cute, the figs look great, I'm just excited for the battle packs this time around!

I wonder that too.  But the sand green or TMNT green troopers look cool and I'm not at all a Star Wars guy.

The mini ships is the only reason I'd like Star Trek LEGOs.  Big minifigure scale ships will never happens, but different sizes with minifigures sitting in them like that would be fun.

Caved and bought Kraang Lab Escape and Shredder Dragon Bike for $9 and $17 at Walmart.  I wanted all of the turtles.

Also picked up Galaxy Squad Swarm Interceptor for $13.

Really the only things left on clearance there were Galaxy Squad and TMNT sets...and a ton of Clone Troopers vs Droidekas for $9.

Well, I went back and they salvaged everything. I mean everything. I picked up the lego quinjet for $35, captain america bike for $6.50, and lord of the rings orc mine something for $20 the first day I went but i went back for lord of the rings helms deep for $40 and other sets but they were gone.

Dammit, I should have picked up another quinjet. oh well.

I did pick up Lord of the rings gandalf arrives and Swamp creature mini sets for $1 at walmart. That was nice.

I was able to go to San Diego Comic Con this year.  I was able to pick up the exclusive Hobbit micro scale Bag End kit (link).

Is anyone interested in trading for some of the recent Target drops?  I am mainly looking for Star Wars and Super Hero lines.

I am interested in trading as close to $ spent as possible, not how much kits on either side are worth.

Let me know if anyone is interested.  I would rather make someone on this forum happy than try and gouge someone on eBay for it.

PM me directly.  

Apologies for the ad.

Haven't really gone searching or building at all lately.

I still have to build Weathertop, Ghost Train, Vampyre Castle, Republic Striker-class Fighter, Sith Fury-class Interceptor, and the X-Wing.

Almost caved on Hobbit Unexpected Gathering for $49 last week, but I'm lower on money this summer than I thought I'd be.

I was able to pick up the exclusive Hobbit micro scale Bag End kit (link).
I don't have anything to trade, sorry. But I followed that link:

Another thing that I liked about the set was that all of the pieces that were given were used up and there were no left over pieces.
Is that something that actually bothers people? As far as I know I've never needed the extra pieces (maybe I lost something duplicate once upon a time and didn't realize), but I've always appreciated they are there. I have a cup that I throw my flower heads and 1x1 leftovers in.

My son hates them because I make him sort them and put them away in our loose piece trays.  They also tell me if he made a mistake because they never give you dups of anything bigger than 1x2.

I'm looking for a nice start-off Lego collection. Was thinking of getting one of these on Amazon, I have $40 in gift cards from sites like Swagbucks and Plink.

(Ultimate Building Set)

(Bricks and More builders of tomorrow)

(Bricks and more deluxe brick box)

I'm not sure which one would be better for beginning a collection. I think maybe one of the tubs so I have storage as well.

Mainly what I want them for is for building block sprites, where would you guys suggest getting a good starter collection for cheaper than amazon maybe?

EDIT: Also, will probably collect all of the Marvel lego everything, im a big collector of everything Marvel.

I noticed that those stupid lego chima speedorz are 70% off at my Target. It looks like they are getting rid of them as they don't have any in the regular aisle

Made a trek to the LEGO store yesterday.  I thought I recall someone here mentioning they saw the new Minecraft sets out so I asked about it.  The chick was clueless.  

her: "No there's only one Minecraft set"

me: "there's an official press release with photos and everything on the net.  They're supposed to be out soon."

her: "there's all kinds of things on the internet but we haven't been told anything and I haven't see them."

Super knowledgeable employees are a thing of the past.  It's a shame.

Ended up just getting a couple $15 cups full from the brick wall.

Made a trek to the LEGO store yesterday. I thought I recall someone here mentioning they saw the new Minecraft sets out so I asked about it. The chick was clueless.

her: "No there's only one Minecraft set"

me: "there's an official press release with photos and everything on the net. They're supposed to be out soon."

her: "there's all kinds of things on the internet but we haven't been told anything and I haven't see them."

Super knowledgeable employees are a thing of the past. It's a shame.

Ended up just getting a couple $15 cups full from the brick wall.
My favorite is you have all these forums reporting news that they heard that we are getting Scooby Doo sets, and that there will no longer be prequel Star Wars sets again, that LEGO now owns Star Wars so the license will never expire and all kinds of crap because that's what the minimum wage cashier told them at their store.

They are idiots unless somewhere there goes on Brickset and shows them. :lol:

I missed out, but my coworker scored at his Wal-mart 1/2 off red sticker, Unexpected Gathering $20, Warg set $13, Catwoman and Golem/Bilbo $2.50 each. Of course when I go nothing left.

I built 76004, the flying Spiderman car set.  It's a really fun build, some nice minifigures and great pieces.  The motorcycle is really nice and simple model.  The best brick built motorcycle model LEGO has made.

Series 11 is hitting stores. Boxes are stickered with a 9/1 street date. Pretty sure there will be stores that will have them on the floor though.

I'll be checking mine sometime soon, but they are normally late to the party.

As long as they have them before the B2G1 sale in September I'll be happy.

What's TFW2005 boards?

First things first: booyah!

series11_zps180f0d6f.jpg

Lego fans are awesome! I went to a TRU today, and I saw the green bags and someone else feeling up the Legos. Seems he'd asked an employee if there were any more Series 10, and the employee brought out the new ones.

We didn't have a box, though, and I had no idea what to feel for. He had his phone, but it was awkward to check the phone all the time. He lamented that it was too bad we didn't have one of the catalogs in the bag. Brilliant! I bought a bag, and brought the catalog back so we could use it.

We worked together. Since he'd been there first, if I found something he didn't have, I gave it to him. I felt that was only fair, especially since they wouldn't have been there at all without him. Then he'd find one I didn't have. I think I got them all but three.

It was so nice because it wasn't competitive. We we just two Lego fans helping each other out. It's gotten so I hate going into TRU because of its stupid handling of Transformers. Which leads to...

What's TFW2005 boards?
Transformers boards. With Transformers, posting sightings are necessary because there are no Transformers stores and distribution is at best a crapshoot and at worst really unpleasant.

Finally, I bought some parts from Bricklink to enlarge the Minecraft set

minecraft_zpsfd5b4f8c.jpg

Oh my son would like that minecraft set that you made, we have it, he wants to get the new ones also. I'll have to look for the minifigures soon.

Yeah, thanks for mentioning it.  Toysnbricks.com has it listed as "Lego Clearance" but it's not.  It's just a particularly good sale.

79008 Pirate Ship Ambush is available for $69.98 (reg.$99.99)

79007 Black Gate is available for $41.98 (reg.$59.99).

Lord of the Rings Helm’s Deep for $85 (reg.$129.99)

Monster Fighters The Ghost Train for $54

I saw the ghost train today with a temp price drop label at $54 but not the lotr sets. The temp.price drops seem to be ymmv at targets around me though.

I ended up picking up the mf train, lotr goblin king and pirate ambush. Waiting till 50% was too risky with only 2 pirate ships left...

I just came back from TRU. *ugh*

For some reason they decided to redo the store... again. They redo it every 18 months or so. I guess if they keep redoing it it distracts the costumers from the overpriced toys you can get anywhere and the bad service.

Instead of doing full aisles they now all are half the height in half the LEGO section and then have some school crap mixed in, it's a mess. I don't understand the change, the store was simple and easy to find everything and still looked nice.

Anyways I found the mini figures and they had 10-15 series 11. Tons of cops and female robots, a few mountain climbers, two gingerbread men. I only bought four, I'm waiting for the B2G1F sale in 3-4 weeks. However I was looking for the rarer ones, or my favorites, they had no islanders, or scarecrows, or welders, or sax guys. But I did get a grandma (the cat is amazing!!!), diner woman (Didn't know she had mean face, really nice), elf (a teddy bear AND gift box!) and German woman just because my grandma is flying back to the USA from Germany now. :)

I must say I really like the series, and the minifigure parts (minus the feet) seem to be normal and not incredibly poorly made like past series.

This is a review of the LEGO CG (overpriced) helicopter...

Putting the helicopter together with the instructions sometimes is very misleading what goes on before the other piece. Once the helicopter is all together it is hard to keep it all together. If children are playing with it it will fall apart very easily.

Ugh. Someone else is like "My children take pride in building these sets and then they just fall apart when you play with them!"

I've played with LEGO, they don't fall apart, and with the huge pieces they go back together real easy. With people like this LEGO is doomed.

I don't know -- I think some sets do fall apart more than others. My son bought the older Jabba's sail barge and the brown flaps would fall off, the "wings" would fall off, and some of the decorative pieces would fall off. We were careful but it always seemed like we were putting pieces back on whenever we moved it, touched it, or looked at it funny. It got annoying.

That said, I think some of these people making reviews can't follow directions and expect to fly their ships around their houses or have them survive demolition derby.

All my local TRU's are remodeling, and what I find funny is that they've already done this layout before, and they decided it didn't work. I think you are totally right -- it's a distraction.

Or the higher ups really are that stupid. "It's too tall. Shelves should be shorter and more open."

"There's not enough space. If we had taller shelves, we could stock more items."

I agree that some sets are just poorly designed, but when that is the case LEGO fixes it.  They fixed the big TMNT set completely redid it, and the space shuttle set was redone / renamed to make it better.

But you can't pick up a plane, throw it against the wall and expect it to stay in one piece.  Plus it's LEGO, just rebuild it.  City sets are very well designed, Star Wars sets are more designed to look like the ship than anything.

My TRU is also a BRU, but the TRU part looks like the old layout with everything short in the middle and just weird random things everywhere.  The guy greeted me asking if I need help with anything, I didn't know I was walking into a mess of a store.  If they wanted to redo the store I would but the small ones in the front, and then just spin the aisles around to go the other way.  

And having worked in that TRU, it's way too small in the back and this will not be helping at all.  

Oh well.  I only go in for minifigures, and the cashier was hot, stoned, but hot.  :lol:

I ended up picking up the mf train, lotr goblin king and pirate ambush. Waiting till 50% was too risky with only 2 pirate ships left...
I haven't really gone looking for it, on Tuesday I did go to a Target but the lot that I saw a few weeks ago were gone, my baby was getting fussy so I just left it like that.

Hey all!

So, I decided to get back into collecting Legos...

I bought a few on the Lego shop site, but a promo, but I noticed that Target has some blow out prices, especially on this set (in-store):

http://www.target.com/p/lego-the-hobbit-goblin-king-battle-79010/-/A-14275114#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=lego+hobbit

14275114_121128042405.jpg

The price was $64, so your price may vary. I'm in SoCal, so you might want to call...
The $29.98 price is much better, provided you can find it at that clearance price point.

The $29.98 price is much better, provided you can find it at that clearance price point.
You should start a program where you buy everyone on this board legos for a 15% markup lol

My local stores will not do a return/rebuy or payment change on clearance items.

Stacking a referral coupon and the labor day sale sounds like a good way to buy a lot of decent sets if you can use different accounts.

Playing around with those two codes,

20LABORDAY gives you 20% off one item

NEXM4193 gives you 20% off all items, to a maximum of $20 off

You can pick up the SW Republic Gunship or Jabba's Sail Barge for 75.99 before tax (if applicable)

LOTR Pirate Ship ambush or King's Castle for 59.99 before tax (if applicable)

I was going to order the King's Castle until it told me I'd already used the new customer discount, so I only get the 20% off.  This is why I hate shopping at Yoyo.  I spend the time to find something, only to find I'm not eligible.  

Yeah, I can make another account.  I'd rather shop at a place that wants me as a customer, rather than wanting me in the door and then not giving me the time of day so they can chase new customers.  It irks me that I either have to try and circumvent their system or not get the deals that other people are getting.  It's a stupid mixed message.

I wonder if my mom wants a King's Castle...

bread's done
Back