LEGO Deals 3

Found series 11 at Walmart today, got everything except the diner waitress, lady robot and scientist. Was in my lunch break and only got doubles of the evil mech and pretzel girl, which are unopened, all by the feel method. So for being in a rush I did pretty damn good

Thanks for the codes guys...Jabba's Sail Barge for $76 and free shipping.  I used paypal and didn't have to create an alternate account to use both codes.  One Xmas present done for the boy!

I hate the yoyo sales.  I have most my LEGOs shipped to my mothers, just easier for storage.  But no matter what I do, even new accounts, i can't get any of the codes to work, always "YOU AREN'T A NEW COSTUMER!  fuck OFF!  WE DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY!"  :lol:

Thanks for the codes guys...Jabba's Sail Barge for $76 and free shipping. I used paypal and didn't have to create an alternate account to use both codes. One Xmas present done for the boy!
I used Paypal, too. I used it on their last Creator sale and they didn't even make me sign in. This time, I have to sign in and that's when they deny the other code.

I decided to see if I could sent a set to my mom. Yes, I can! But they still deny the code.

The thing that really bugs me is that I know I could get around it if I'm determined enough. But what does that say about them? Only new customers and people who want to game the system get good deals. Regular customers don't.

Hell with that.

In actual Lego news, dropped by a couple of TRUs on the way home from work, but no Series 11 yet.

I completely lucked out and found helms deep for $38.98 at target.
Jelly =(, I guess 50% off is better than nothing.

FYI, I don't think the codes on yoyo stack anymore. I was going to call my friend and tell him about it but when I tried to see how much the set would come out the referral code invalidated the labor day code.

Jelly =(, I guess 50% off is better than nothing.

FYI, I don't think the codes on yoyo stack anymore. I was going to call my friend and tell him about it but when I tried to see how much the set would come out the referral code invalidated the labor day code.
The stacking is dead. It was posted at SD and someone called in about it. You can only use them separately now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my Target had like 3 boxes of the Series 9 minifigures out.  I was picking through them since I only had a few of those, but on my way out I found some series 11.  The display was picked through pretty severely and I was in a rush, so I grabbed three.  Haven't opened them yet and I'm kind of dreading it as I'm pretty bad at avoiding doubles.

Once the deal was posted on SD there was no way this was going to last. There are way too many people on that damn site.

I should have ordered the lotr mine set while the codes still worked! Damn.

I'm glad I ordered mine before it went up. I just knew that those wouldn't stack long.

I got the new King's Castle for $63.59

Heck of a deal in my opinion, look forward to it getting here.

I have yet to find any series 11 in stores. I am wanting to get a full set, as there are some neat figures (that Tiki Warrior is out of this world). I have checked multiple Walmarts, Targets, TRU and nothing yet. Will keep looking though!

My local stores still have series 9 out lol

I have yet to start collecting those figures as I need to learn how to feel the damn bags first.
It's a "learn by doing" thing. I suggest going to a store when you have a spare 45-60 minutes if you want a full set. It may not take you that long, but it sucks if you have to leave with only a few left to find, and rushing just makes it harder.

Figure out the one unique thing for each figure. Accessories are best because it's harder to tell masks or helmets apart.

For example, with Series 11, you might think it's a Yeti when you feel the bulky headpiece, but you want to confirm it with the popsicle. Swords or spears make it easy. The Scarecrow is very easy because of the rake, as is the Tiki Warrior because of the spear. The Elf is easy because of the square plate that forms the top of his present.

With Series 9, it can be difficult to tell the different headpieces apart, but it's easy to tell the Cyclops' club, the Knight's plume, and the Alien's gun.

Once you get it down, it becomes just a matter of finding that confirming item, shaking the bag to move the parts around if you need to. That's a Scientist because you feel the bottle, which is slightly different from the cup with the Diner Waitress.

^

Thanks for the advice. I am still debating if I want to start collecting them. I think I need to just stay away from them as I will feel the need to buy series 1-8 on ebay... Series 1 alone is going to cost a ton of money.

okay, so I bought 6 packs of series 11 today.  I usually buy randomly the first day, then feel up what I need later.  I ended up with an extra Barbarian today if anybody needs one, I  am willing to trade.  Also, I have an extra Lizardman and Doctor from previous series. 

I usually buy randomly the first day, then feel up what I need later.
Out of context, this made me snicker.

To keep it vaguely on topic, I was out of my normal stomping grounds - for anyone who is near Winter Park, FL, that Kmart has a decent selection of LEGO in clearance for when a good extra percentage hits.

I found series 11 yesterday, some guy was there first and feeling them all, so he asked me which ones I wanted and gave those to me.  Stress free and I did not have to feel them, he was nice, I did check them before leaving that they were the ones he said they were.  I got the grandma the one I wanted the most!  I got the Barbarian, bavarian lady, evil mech, grandma, yeti, mountain climber.     

The minifigures are for sale online to at S@H.  They also have the beach and Halloween minifigure sets on sale for a little off.  I'd buy some stuff but I want the t-rex ornament.

Picked up the Monster Fighters Ghost Train at Target today. I never intended to get into the line but ended up getting all but two sets (castle and mummy)

I built the MF Ghost Train over the weekend after getting it on sale at Target. Fun set.

Went ahead and placed an order from lego.com for the MF Haunted House and the Halloween accessories polybag. Looking forward to getting the free VW van polybag as well!

don't really collect the single pack figs (beyond buying a few random ones for the kids now and again) but I was checking at my Target today and saw series 7, 9 and 11.

I was able to find some series 11, since this is my first time every collecting the minifigs. Found some smaller sets for 30% off at different Wal-Marts around my area...

My local KMarts were advertising red sticker prices for 20% off, but they were crappy sets that had no appeal to me and for investing.

Out of context, this made me snicker.

To keep it vaguely on topic, I was out of my normal stomping grounds - for anyone who is near Winter Park, FL, that Kmart has a decent selection of LEGO in clearance for when a good extra percentage hits.

You snickered because you thought about me feeling up some fuck prostitutes, then paying them or their friends later after initial contact.

AWD has some hidden deals.  There is a Heavy Lift Police Helicopter for $31.44.  Great set, part of the canceled second wave of Alien Conquest redone for Forest Police.

They also have the new Coast Guard helicopter for the price it should be, a little less than $25.  I have the last one so I'll pass, but it's 35% off the overpriced set.

Had a little time to kill, so I went to the local Lego store.  They had series 11.  Tons of welders, mountain climbers, yetis, and policemen.

I managed to find the grandma and waitress I was missing, but I had to leave before I could examine everything.  I still need a saxophone player.

I was able to help a kid, who wanted a mountain climber and a alien-whatever-that-thing-is.

They had a build event today, and there were kids waiting in marked-off areas outside the store.  For a long time.

Had a little time to kill, so I went to the local Lego store. They had series 11. Tons of welders, mountain climbers, yetis, and policemen.

I managed to find the grandma and waitress I was missing, but I had to leave before I could examine everything. I still need a saxophone player.

I was able to help a kid, who wanted a mountain climber and a alien-whatever-that-thing-is.
They had a build event today, and there were kids waiting in marked-off areas outside the store. For a long time.

First Tuesday of the month they do a free build for kids. My son loves it, but the line is usually an hour or two.

First Tuesday of the month they do a free build for kids. My son loves it, but the line is usually an hour or two.
They're killing me with the multiple events a month now. I want to take my daughter to most of them but I just can't bring myself to drive 30 minutes, wait 2 hours then spend 60 to 90 minutes to drive back in rush hour traffic. I'll probably take her to the castle one on the 12th as we skipped the pirate build today.

There is a TRU event coming up later this month. It's a lego friends picture frame. It's basically a white plate with a few bricks to border the white plate. Practically no wait at TRU events though...

They also have the new Coast Guard helicopter for the price it should be, a little less than $25. I have the last one so I'll pass, but it's 35% off the overpriced set.
Thanks for posting. I thought about this when I saw it earlier today but it looks like its gone now. Saved me the money. I am hoping these sets get clearanced out at target in the future. That or amazon gives us some better deals.

The line is filled with us parents, while the kids run around the store. I wish they would hand out numbered tickets so we could walk around the store and do other stuff besides standing around like cattle.

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and found many sets at 30% off. I only bought Hulk Helicarrier Escape for 35, I don't like the set because it's kind of barren, but really wanted the big Hulk. There was the Star Wars Droid escape and the Geonosis Cannon for 13 each, LOTR Unexpected Gathering for 50, the LOTR Goblin battle for 70 & Attack of Wargs for 35. I was spoiled by the Target clearance a month ago when I found a lot of stuff I wanted for 50% off so the prices felt expensive even though they were at 30% off.

Well the 10% coupon isn't as good as it once was.  This month they decided to add exclusions to the coupon.  Pretty much any 10000+ set i.e. the exclusives are excluded.  Wish I knew ahead of time before driving all the way to the store.  The empIoyee showed me the list.  I still ended up buying the Ewok set without it.  :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back