LEGO Deals 3

Well there is a disclaimer on Santas Workshop saying it was more popular than expected and stock isn't expected until February.
So I should probably consider myself lucky that the Costa mesa store shipped mine up to Washington. At least I'm finally caught up with the Christmas sets. I was getting nervous continuously being a year behind.

Did anyone who ordered a TMNT keychain for the flashback shedder get their orders yet?  I got my order, minus the TMNT keychain that I knew was on backorder, but I also got a free 76010, the Batman set with Penguin riding a duck!  Just wondering if anyone else got one.

So ticked I can't find the Lego city advent calendar for my kids.  One year I am actually trying to buy it and it is sold out everywhere, even at the Lego store.  Just cant stomach paying double for it on amazon or ebay.

So ticked I can't find the Lego city advent calendar for my kids. One year I am actually trying to buy it and it is sold out everywhere, even at the Lego store. Just cant stomach paying double for it on amazon or ebay.
Yeah, I was pretty bummed too since this is the first year my son is really into Christmas and I wanted to get him one to open every day. There's no sense in paying double though, it's just not worth it.

finally gave up on finding the advent calendar and bought one for $42 on amazon warehouse deals — at least it’s prime shipping and my amazon cc points paid for half.

sometimes the advent calendars are flat-out terrible but this one is actually christmas-y!

i can’t believe i paid more than RRP for lego.

My mini figure gift set arrived from Target today, impressed it only took five days to arrive from the date I ordered
Near as I can tell, my store never had these in-stock. Bummer.

They look fine to me. Why it's not called faeries though, I don't know.
Seems like they could have gone with a Pixie Hollow theme, since they're already partnering with Disney on other properties.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did for Diagon Alley, and I don't regret it.
I missed out on that one, the only Harry Potter set I don't own. =(

Its available online again, I think shipping is still free. Also gives the option for store pick up

http://www.target.com/p/mini-figure-gift-set/-/A-16602309#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=mini+figure+gift
Hopefully I will be less lazy to order it, I forgot all about it and went hunting for them on Sunday. The stores that carried them were OOS in my area.

I got the four minifig thing for Superboy even though I thought it was kind of overpriced. Also, found two Bricktober sets (1 and 4) and a ton of half off Kre-O at TRU (Some was already clearanced, paid $.64 each for some Star Trek blindbags!)

I saw a bunch of those mini fig sets today at my store. Is it just the 4? or is there a 5th bonus one in the middle?

Just four

I got the four minifig thing for Superboy even though I thought it was kind of overpriced.
I also got the set just for Superboy but my wife and kids each claimed the other figs so it worked out good. These come out to $3.75 each which is good considering MSRP for CMF's is $3.99 now

Sweat! I love paying 40% more for set. :p

Elves looks pretty lame. Love the colors, hate the builds.
I like them fine, the buildings look odd without roofs. The one I hate is the bakery because there is a lava pit next to it... why?

They look fine to me. Why it's not called faeries though, I don't know.
Should have been called Fairies, but then some group will come out and complain that fairies is a bad word for gays. Yet none of the people will actually be gay. I've been called fairy more than once, and I'm not flamboyant at all. But people bitch to LEGO about every damn thing these days.

I got my Jor El and Batgirl key chain today. No bonus set like you though Green Giant.
Thanks for letting me know! Very weird, I'm not complaining I really wanted that set. Penguin's torso is awesome.

I saw a bunch of those mini fig sets today at my store. Is it just the 4? or is there a 5th bonus one in the middle?
There are 4, Swamp cop, Chima, Ninja, and Suer Boy who is already begin sold for a lot.

Sweat! I love paying 40% more for set. :p
Its what happens when things sell out lol. Id love to pay 40% more than MSRP on some of those Harry Potter sets I missed. Even some of these stupid Amiibos that are selling out and rumored to be discontinued two weeks after release. It beats paying 100+% more ;)

Its what happens when things sell out lol. Id love to pay 40% more than MSRP on some of those Harry Potter sets I missed. Even some of these stupid Amiibos that are selling out and rumored to be discontinued two weeks after release. It beats paying 100+% more ;)
Don't buy those useless Amiibos that don't do a fucking thing and Nintendo released for two weeks. That's almost as pathetic as LEGO having the female research set out for 6 hours.

Continuing the OT... which Amiibos were those, exactly? 

As for those HP sets, my wife is a HUGE fan, and now that she knows those sets exist, I better start saving up.

Continuing the OT... which Amiibos were those, exactly?

As for those HP sets, my wife is a HUGE fan, and now that she knows those sets exist, I better start saving up.
Nintendo said that less popular Amiibos "likely" won't get another batch (namely Marth, the Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer). I almost bought these on Day 1, but I honestly couldn't figure out the point of them. I can play SSB without them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/08/some-amiibo-likely-wont-be-made-again

Nintendo said that less popular Amiibos "likely" won't get another batch (namely Marth, the Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer). I almost bought these on Day 1, but I honestly couldn't figure out the point of them. I can play SSB without them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/08/some-amiibo-likely-wont-be-made-again
Yeah, to me its kinda like collecting Lego minifigures. They dont do anything but sit on my shelf (actually putting all mine in frames I just got). Well, technically Amiibos unlock stuff across and number of different games and do a little bit of stuff in smash bros but nothing like Skylanders. For me, I am a Nintendo fan (Zelda especially) so they could have just said we are making and selling the trophies from SSB which do absolutely nothing and I would be all over them haha. I've bought a couple but mainly just getting Zelda ones.

Yeah, to me its kinda like collecting Lego minifigures. They dont do anything but sit on my shelf (actually putting all mine in frames I just got). Well, technically Amiibos unlock stuff across and number of different games and do a little bit of stuff in smash bros but nothing like Skylanders. For me, I am a Nintendo fan (Zelda especially) so they could have just said we are making and selling the trophies from SSB which do absolutely nothing and I would be all over them haha. I've bought a couple but mainly just getting Zelda ones.
I actually appreciate Nintendo not making these work like Skylanders. This way all characters are still playable in the main game and the little extras are just a bonus!

Yeah, I might pick up a couple for the characters I like, but Nintendo ruined the looks of several of them by encasing the legs in casts. I understand why they did it, but they look pretty silly on display.

For me, I am a Nintendo fan (Zelda especially) so they could have just said we are making and selling the trophies from SSB which do absolutely nothing and I would be all over them haha. I've bought a couple but mainly just getting Zelda ones.
This is exactly how I see them, but I don't want to pay too much for them since that's the case. Although, Link, Zelda, Toon Link, and Sheik already have a space lined up for when I do get them.

Legos and games: Is anyone playing the minifigure MMO?

Legos and games: Is anyone playing the minifigure MMO?
Nope. No point in playing another game that LEGO will discontinue by 2016.

And my problem with Amigos is that they are $12-$13 and do next to nothing. Toys R Us already has nice looking figures for $5 that do nothing, better off just making them.

I just hope one day we get LEGO Nintendo Minifigure series, now those I'd spend $4 on.

Nope. No point in playing another game that LEGO will discontinue by 2016.

And my problem with Amigos is that they are $12-$13 and do next to nothing. Toys R Us already has nice looking figures for $5 that do nothing, better off just making them.

I just hope one day we get LEGO Nintendo Minifigure series, now those I'd spend $4 on.
Nintendo is too dumb to capitalize on that.

Nintendo is too dumb to capitalize on that.
They're just a super conservative company that asks too much of their partners, which is why they consistently go to market with poor branded products. Amiibo will be an interesting experiment because despite the QC issues, if they sell well and continue to improve on this it will only instill confidence on staying the course.

Amiibo ≠ Lego
So report all of our posts. I don't want to talk about Amiibos with Nintendo fanboys or other gamers in general. I'd rather talk about them with people that were more knowledgeable on toys in general, because that's all they really seem to be.

Does anyone know where I can find the Loader and Tipper? I didn't even know this set existed until this morning, it would be perfect for my son, and it's hard to find. My local TRU carries it, but sold their last one over the weekend, and don't know if they'll be getting more in.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! When I first copied that link, it was showing as unavailable for shipping, and to check local stores. I just clicked it again after posting to make sure it worked, and it's BACK IN STOCK! It's a Christmas miracle!

That set is awesome, I for it for like $13ish when AWD was good. Great little set and the best construction on in a long time.

Also Amiibo talk isn't anymore off topic than me complaint about TRU or everyone having fun with girl on girl jet skis. At some point we will be asked to close this topic down so might as well have fun. Also Nintendo fanboys are crazy fuckers!  :lol:

Minifigures are 2 for $5 today and tomorrow at TRU(in store only).
Ugh! I was just near a TRU yesterday.

Target has some new polies that Brickset has reported on including the awesome new Chima mech. It was $3.99 and in the cashier area (which I hate) but it's really neat, I might buy another few. :)

bread's done
Back