LEGO Deals 3

Two of the Justice League jet sets (Darkseid and Gorilla Grodd) are overpriced. Only the Green Lantern one is reasonable.

Darkseid has great figures -- I want them all, badly -- but they also have that bland and boring spaceship and whatever the hell the other thing is. It's no Quinjet, that's for sure. Of all the things they could make, why did they choose this? And the $70 pricepoint? Ouch.

The Batmech is very cute, Wonder Woman's jet is pathetic and ugly, and the whole set costs way too much. Again, I desperately want the minifigs and Grodd, but that price is a total turn-off.
I feel like they knocked it out of the park with the Green Lantern set. I put it together last night and there's a lot of value in there for $20. The figures look good in the other sets but the builds themselves look very bland. I definitely agree though the Darkseid/Justice League jet in particular looks like a complete ripoff for that price.

It's because LEGO considers a mini figure 3-4$ and a new mega figures are probably $15+. Just cheaper to get knock offs.

Mixels at Meijer are down to $1.49 if your store happens to have any left.  Mine had two purple guys left and that's it.  They now have a new home.  :)

Two of the Justice League jet sets (Darkseid and Gorilla Grodd) are overpriced. Only the Green Lantern one is reasonable.

Darkseid has great figures -- I want them all, badly -- but they also have that bland and boring spaceship and whatever the hell the other thing is. It's no Quinjet, that's for sure. Of all the things they could make, why did they choose this? And the $70 pricepoint? Ouch.

The Batmech is very cute, Wonder Woman's jet is pathetic and ugly, and the whole set costs way too much. Again, I desperately want the minifigs and Grodd, but that price is a total turn-off.
Totally this. All the sets are ugly and overpriced IMO except the Green Lantern set, which I picked up last night at the Lego Store, along with the new Valentine's set (adorable) two of the new Lego movie sets, Double Decker couch and Angry kitty, plus my wife found the Orange MBA set for half off, which she's been eyeing for a long time. We were tempted to get the Detective Agency, but considering it just came out we'll hold off and save some more VIP points first.

Wife made me go to the LEGO store... this happened:

R6Zx1Gh.jpg

The DC set is mine... rest is hers.

The date set was revealed on Brickset a week or so ago, but no price. How much was it? I really want a few of them.

The valentine set is $9.99

Today's haul

Batman & Super Angry Unikitty Attack
Minecraft The Cave
Minecraft The Farm
Detectives Office
Flower Cart polybag
Tigers Beautiful Temple (clearance)
Friends Mini-Golf poly

my Lego store was sold out of the AT-DP polys so no Star Wars purchase for me

lol, went to the Lego store yesterday too.

Picked up

Green Lantern

mini AT-AT

friends pizza oven

15 minifigs (got a duplicate on accident, and lost track of which ones we were missing)

and the 3 free polys

So the Star Wars promo sol out within a day online and is pretty much sold out in stores with 5 days.

LEGO really needs to work on their planning, that's just bullshit.

The AT-DP was gone after 2 days a day here. I went on the 3rd, and they were out. There was a line at checkout for the entire 3 hours or so we were there on two days getting 2 sets of minifigs.

Every time they put up the Detective modular, it was gone.

And tons of Elsa castles being bought, amongst other things. I think most people spent $100+, so I think it's just popularity of Lego that happened to coincide with the promos.

Had the promo been $75+ in Friends, $75+ in Star Wars, instead of any purchase, maybe it would have lasted a lot longer. But then people would complain about having to buy $150 in Legos for the promo polybags.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to do any purchase than you need to make more! It's that easy. If you can't or won't make more than make it a $20-$50 minimum. Friends is still there.

Saw on SD that the X-Men Sentinel set was $35 at Wal-Mart. I went to a Wal-Mart today and scored the last one there.

Clearance at Targets is dismal this year near me. Went to three Targets today, and if I were going just for Legos, I would stop now.

All of them seem to have Chima and Hero Factory sets no one wants. Target #2 had moved clearance up to 50%, except for Legos.

At Target #3, found the double decker Couch (not on clearance, got it) and the Getaway Glider ($8.48...whee, but since I didn't have it, I bought it). They also had two Hulk Lab Smashes, still at $42.

Saw the Brainiac set at Target #2. I can't wait for that one to go on sale. I would buy it now, but the Superman/Lex mech set went on sale a lot, so I'm not rushing.

So the Star Wars promo sol out within a day online and is pretty much sold out in stores with 5 days.

LEGO really needs to work on their planning, that's just bullshit.
So long as sets are selling like hotcakes and they can't keep stuff in stock, they don't need to plan. People are buying anyway.

Saw on SD that the X-Men Sentinel set was $35 at Wal-Mart. I went to a Wal-Mart today and scored the last one there.
Walmart had some decent Lego clearance. X-Men Blackbird $35, Lego Movie ice cream truck, a couple Star Wars (AT-AP $40, Jek-14 Stealth Fighter, one that started with an S- and is black, but forgot the game of). A couple Chima sets, mostly the larger ones.
^

I know people say the Green Lantern set was a good value, but I think the Blackbird is on par at MSRP. It's a much larger ship with multiple seats, spring-loaded canons that fold into the ship, 4 minifigures (Cyclopes and Storm being new), and an articulated/posable Sentinel that I put in all sorts of weird positions.

I mean, it can do the Zoidberg while double flipping you off.

I have yet to see any 2015 sets, besides Minecraft, at Walmarts. DPCI at Target is 204-00-1480, though the DPCI posted on the website is incorrect (last four digits 0369, not sure what set that is). Only other place I've seen them is at Toys R Us. Store pick up function is now down for this set, was up yesterday, but you can call your local TRU and give them the item number, 437088, and they can tell you if any area stores have it. If you find one TRU is good about price matching.

I have yet to see any 2015 sets, besides Minecraft, at Walmarts. DPCI at Target is 204-00-1480, though the DPCI posted on the website is incorrect (last four digits 0369, not sure what set that is). Only other place I've seen them is at Toys R Us. Store pick up function is now down for this set, was up yesterday, but you can call your local TRU and give them the item number, 437088, and they can tell you if any area stores have it. If you find one TRU is good about price matching.
damn, wish i had known yesterday...my local store has 3 it says but cant do in store pickup. maybe itll still be there and be at that price online when I get around to going. did they not say anything about it being out of stock online even though its their own site? thanks for the heads up.

Just checked, mobile app and website still show as $12.99 and out of stock. It's shown that way since I think Saturday.

I got different answers from different Target employees about pricematching their own website. One told me they did, one said they didn't. One store had it in stock but wouldn't price match because it was out of stock online, which made no sense but I didn't have the patience to argue. Finally had success last night with an employee who just looked at my phone, saw the picture matched what I was purchasing and rang it up for $12.99 with no problem so YMMV

I picked up some Lego Minifigures Series 13 at Walmart today. I wanted the Lady Samurai, but I felt extremely awkward feeling up the packages while two older Walmart workers were busy restocking the shelves for at least 15 minutes. At least I got the Evil Wizard and Egyptian Warrior.

I've had some bad luck on getting figures that I wanted from the online Lego shop.  Anyone need Series 12 Piggy Guy, Battle Goddess, or Swashbuckler?  Looking for Series 12 Videogame Guy, Lifeguard, Jester, Pizza Delivery Man, or Spooky Girl for trade.

My wife and I were in walmart this weekend and they had a box of series 13 out. She started feeling the packs and was able to get paleontologist, evil wiz, sheriff, snake charmer, hot dog dude, lady cyclops and Egyptian warrior. After a while she got tired of searching so I said just grab some and we will see what they are. The 3 she grabbed blindly...you guessed it, 3 unicorns.

While waiting at yesterdays mini build I was able to get the Unicorn minifig, which was the last one I needed from series 13. The headpiece and horn were pretty easy to feel out but the tail piece, which I wasn't expecting, had me doubting myself. Went 16/16, no doubles! Also picked up the valentines set

I know Lego sold out of the Star Wars bonus after the first day or so, but did they also sell out of the Flower Cart promo? I want to grab some Technic construction sets (dozer and excavator), but I might just wait until the February promo at this point.

Shop at Home is out of all promo polys, you can test it by adding things to cart to double check. Only other option is to call your closest lego store to check or resort to Amazon, ebay, Bricklink, etc

Ah, okay. I don't specifically care about that particular poly, but what I want to order isn't urgent. I'll just wait for the next promo to start.

I've had some bad luck on getting figures that I wanted from the online Lego shop. Anyone need Series 12 Piggy Guy, Battle Goddess, or Swashbuckler? Looking for Series 12 Videogame Guy, Lifeguard, Jester, Pizza Delivery Man, or Spooky Girl for trade.
Have any other series of minifigs? We have extras of all of series 12.

Have any other series of minifigs? We have extras of all of series 12.
Unfortunately, the only other extras I have are a set of the Simpsons family. Normally, I would go to the store and attempt to feel out the bags, but they were on sale at shop.lego.com so I took a chance.

Managed to find some more leftover holiday polybags at Target for 39 cents each!
My wife and I went to Target a few nights ago, Christmas was 70%, nothing great but we found an endcap that wasn't marked clearance that had a ton of summer sausage, gift boxes and a ton of Emerald Glazed Pecans, none of them marked clearance but part of Christmas. Picked up a ton of stuff, hoping to go back today, crossing fingers they're still there if they've gone to 90%.

Wife only found the duplo apple poly for 39 cents a couple days ago. All other seasonal polys were swooped up the day after Christmas at our area Targets.

Fry's has a few sets on sale in todays ad - Monster truck is $7.49, Camper van is $14.99, mountain hut is $29.99 and Friends first aid jungle bike is $11.24

My wife and I went to Target a few nights ago, Christmas was 70%, nothing great but we found an endcap that wasn't marked clearance that had a ton of summer sausage, gift boxes and a ton of Emerald Glazed Pecans, none of them marked clearance but part of Christmas. Picked up a ton of stuff, hoping to go back today, crossing fingers they're still there if they've gone to 90%.
Those emerald glazed pecans are delicious. I'm sad I only found one bag. Everything is gone now at my Target too.

bread's done
Back