LEGO Deals 3

If anybody lives near a Books-a-Million, check them out this week. My uncle works there and says he marked down all Lego yesterday 30-40% off. He says the prices won't be in the system until tomorrow, though. Also, if you know anybody that works there, they can add the 30% off employee discount on top of that.

If anybody lives near a Books-a-Million, check them out this week. My uncle works there and says he marked down all Lego yesterday 30-40% off. He says the prices won't be in the system until tomorrow, though. Also, if you know anybody that works there, they can add the 30% off employee discount on top of that.
I don't get it. Does that mean that they're on sale today or tomorrow?

Today would be great. Tomorrow is blizzpocalypse.

He said tomorrow. I'm guessing they took everything to the back yesterday to put stickers on them and will put them all back out on Tuesday.

But it wouldn't hurt to run and check today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finally someone came up with a silly name for it!

He said tomorrow. I'm guessing they took everything to the back yesterday to put stickers on them and will put them all back out on Tuesday.

But it wouldn't hurt to run and check today.
We are not allowed to do anything today besides buy our 10 gallons of milk, 43 loaves of bread and 18 gallons of peanut butter!

Has anyone seen Mixels on sale? I need a couple more from the last series and the $4 price tag on S@H isn't good enough (Because of shipping). I love this year's new ones besides the reds ones.

Pretty annoyed.

Bought a Winter Village Market off Amazon 2 weeks ago. Was putting it away just now, and noticed that the stickers seemed to have been opened before. So I carefully peel up the stickers, and lo and behold, it's missing bags.

The tape sealing the box is really easy to remove without damaging anything, now that I've tried it.
I had a similar issue with a set I bought from Target one time. I didn't discover the missing bags until several weeks after I'd bought it when the kids opened it after Christmas. It was too late to return it to the store and besides, we'd opened it so there was that. I contacted Lego customer service via email and explained the situation. I gave the set number and missing bag numbers (I think it was bags 1 and 2.) They replied in a couple days and offered to send me the missing bags at no charge. So in the end, all that was missing after we got the replacement bags was the sticker sheet. This was a couple years ago, but it's worth a shot to see if the legendary Lego customer service is still available. Good luck.

Thursdays. But I went to one it was 30% off on Thursday and Monday then that Thursday was 50-70%.
Thanks. one of the chima spinner/bike things was scanned into the system wrong, and nobody can adjust the price to what it should be. I'm not paying $10 for a $15 item that's supposed to be half off When it's in the system wrong

Thanks. one of the chima spinner/bike things was scanned into the system wrong, and nobody can adjust the price to what it should be. I'm not paying $10 for a $15 item that's supposed to be half off When it's in the system wrong
Yeah I hate when that happens. My store had one Chima Speeder set but it was still $6.50 and it wasn't an animal I wanted so I passed and the crazy soccer mom bought it instead. The other issue is that it's almost always Thursdays, but I have gone into stores and the clearance won't be done until about 8pm.

Yeah I hate when that happens. My store had one Chima Speeder set but it was still $6.50 and it wasn't an animal I wanted so I passed and the crazy soccer mom bought it instead. The other issue is that it's almost always Thursdays, but I have gone into stores and the clearance won't be done until about 8pm.
Yup, I'd say from my experience, roughly 85-90% of stores do Toy Department clearance scanning/updates on Thursday mornings (say by noon-ish...and "usually"), while another 10-15% do it either Wednesday at some time or Friday at some time.

Yup, I'd say from my experience, roughly 85-90% of stores do Toy Department clearance scanning/updates on Thursday mornings (say by noon-ish...and "usually"), while another 10-15% do it either Wednesday at some time or Friday at some time.
On my last Target haul, I had a shopping cart full of stuff just waiting for the team to get to the toy area to mark things down. Luckily it wasn't too long of a wait, I had gotten to the store around 9:30ish and they got in there about an hour later, seemed like FOREVER though.

Picked up my first set of Mixels today at Target found some s4 and picked up the glow in the dark ones that Big Daddy mentioned.

Protip #3: I rather pay for shipping that deal with TRU bullshit. You know they will come up with made up limits or just simply tell you "no" if you try to buy mini figures from them for $2.
It says right on their website that they pricematch the lego store. Also, you can't tell the lego website to send you what figures you want. In the store you can feel those puppies up. Yeeeeeeeeeee.

It says right on their website that they pricematch the lego store. Also, you can't tell the lego website to send you what figures you want. In the store you can feel those puppies up. Yeeeeeeeeeee.
TRU will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you into the store. Have you shopped at TRU? Horrible excuse for a store.

[quote name="The Green Giant" post="12445553" timestamp="1422320958"]TRU will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you into the store. Have you shopped at TRU? Horrible excuse for a store.[/quote]
I know you worked there (albeit very briefly), but I can vouch for this claim. My local store is closing, and the week after they announced it, they had huge signs in their windows, a billboard on a major highway nearby, and ads on the radio announcing the entire store on sale, 50% off. But wait... Up to 50%, with the "up to" being in super small font, and hardly even audible in the radio ad.

Went in, and the only things that were 50% off were wrapping paper and party supplies. Everything else was 10 or 20 off. Legos and video games (possibly some other items) were 10, and everything else was 20. Plus, they were no longer matching their own ad prices, and that was the week they had the crazy disney infinity play set deal.

They're lucky my wife was with and found some gifts for people, because I would've walked right out.

I worked at TRU years ago for less than a month, and again this year for probably about 10 weeks, but might have made $600 in that time because of their horrible scheduling. Even after my manager went to the store manager and went I was one of two of the best new hires. If you did your job slow, you could stay extra hours to finish. You got rewarded for being a poor worker. They also screwed me out of about $25-$30 overtime.

But even before then, if they ever had a coupon I wouldn't ever bother going in there. I only went there for a walk, and at times I worked at the Lowes near it, otherwise I avoid the place. They haven't had a really great sale since maybe early 2013, but the last two falls the LEGO 'sales" have been a joke. My last day there they didn't even know about a LEGO promo, I tracked them down and threw them up on pegs for people. They had about 15 people closing the store at 11pm one day, yet the night crew total was 13, and only 8 that night with a double truck.

It's complete incompetence in every level of the company. I mean hell they don't even price match their own website! Which is actually the excuse they will give, that the online site says they match lego.com, but that's a different organization than the B&M store. 

I only go to TRU for exclusive polybags, but they don't have that many anymore, the better ones go to Target. I haven't step foot in the one I work at in nearly three months.

I mean hell they don't even price match their own website! Which is actually the excuse they will give, that the online site says they match lego.com, but that's a different organization than the B&M store.
That's actually not that unusual. Target, Best Buy and WM all used to do the same. Fortunately I think all three have gotten with the times and realized they were losing sales. Barnes and Noble wouldn't price match their own website as of a month or so ago when I tried. Told the clerk I'd just buy it on Amazon instead.

That's actually not that unusual. Target, Best Buy and WM all used to do the same. Fortunately I think all three have gotten with the times and realized they were losing sales. Barnes and Noble wouldn't price match their own website as of a month or so ago when I tried. Told the clerk I'd just buy it on Amazon instead.
I remember Target not doing it, I don't shop at Walmart enough to care but I think that one is recent too. B&N does suck on their pm department and a lot of their coupons exclude LEGO. =(

I hate Best Buy and Walmart seems to just price match whatever I tell them. But I did in store pick up and never had issues with Target. And the problem I have with TRU is larger. They will say online "We price match Lego.com!" yet you go to the store and price match and the stores will normally say that TRU.com price matches, but TRU B&M isn't the same and won't. Which makes no sense because it's not like TRU.com can price match anything at all.

But stores really need to get with the times. It's going to get interesting in the next few decades when all B&M stores are closed / replaced with robots and everyone just orders things online. The economy is based on everyone buying useless crap in person, and that will be dead very soon.

I will say that TRU does have some  useful sales on Lego, but you have to be careful;  only the newest sets are at actual suggested retail price, most are marked up significantly, but occasionally if you can find the stock you can get new sets with whatever sale they're running.   

I will say that TRU does have some useful sales on Lego, but you have to be careful; only the newest sets are at actual suggested retail price, most are marked up significantly, but occasionally if you can find the stock you can get new sets with whatever sale they're running.
The problem is they almost never run sales anymore. Sometimes you get a free poly but that's it.

And Brickset has some new set pictures. Interesting that the second wave of NinjaGo sets this year are complete different than the snake jungle ones. Are they trying to just throw out as many sets as they can before the big movie next year?

That was the rumor coming out of the European Toy Far last week though Lego hasn't officially announced it yet

Wife found Emmett's Construct-O-Mech for 50% at Target this morning
I got it for 30% off a few weeks ago and built it on sunday. It is pretty cool.

The Brick fan has some pics up from Nuremburg Toy Fair.

Good news, the leaked Halloween CMF's pics from last week weren't final versions, which I obvious I know but its good to hear it too since a lot of them were lackluster to me at least

I thought it was reported that Chima sets end after this summer.
It is. I'm just surprised that Chima had three waves of fire vs ice and that NinjaGo has two different 'themes' in one year. The next one is supposed to be fighting ghosts that look like Slimmer so I think that is cool.

And thebrickfan.com has a bunch of pictures.

http://www.thebrickfan.com

I hope the Diver sets aren't screwed up or hugely overpriced like the not tall enough Arctic sets.

More pictures. The Friends Hotel is huge and has a cool Indian feel going on. However I love that Friends goes from "helping animals in the jungle" to limos with a pop star at a hotel. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/EQk8VdM.jpg

Also look about the first floor windows, is that a new piece in the archway? I really like it, but it's probably $110 and that's way too much.

The City Advent is horrible this year, another cop and robber and Santa and three children, that's it. The set has a two day space shuttle, yet no astronaut?

http://i.imgur.com/gHvtxa0.jpg

Friends Advent looks better, and has a penguin which is nice. Plus hockey pucks! LEGO couldn't use them last year for the free set, or in the Friends mini gold promo?

http://i.imgur.com/7fDGqdM.jpg

Yeah the Advent calendars are quite repetitive.  I have two girls, but I alternate between the (SW, Friends, City) sets every year.  They've enjoyed them all.

Yeah the Advent calendars are quite repetitive. I have two girls, but I alternate between the (SW, Friends, City) sets every year. They've enjoyed them all.
I'm OK with the repetitive, but 2014 wasn't there a couple more mini figures? Plus with the fact there are a two day space shuttle and they can't include an astronaut is very weird to me. You would think that the City one would include that year's theme. They didn't even have an Arctic mini figure in a winter set.

Movie themes have more legal rights. I rather have more Scooby because JW sets are insanely priced.

But some license sets will be shown tomorrow it seems.

Pics of the UCS Hellicarrier are everywhere now. Out in March, $349.99. Looks pretty sweet but not something I'll be spending that much money on

A target not that far from me has the star wars Jabbas Sail barge for $98 at 30% off.  Would anyone know when will they go lower on there clearance prices?

Pics of the UCS Hellicarrier are everywhere now. Out in March, $349.99. Looks pretty sweet but not something I'll be spending that much money on
Yeah, looks amazing but no way for that price.

Also, Target typically marks down toy clearance on Thursday, which is today, lost track of days. If that was the price from a couple days ago, I'd recheck, I think most toy clearance has gone 50% at this point, even here in DC/MD/VA, where they typically take forever to drop anything. Seriously, when the rest of the country had 90% Christmas clearance, everything around here was 50% still.

Helicarrier!

76042-1.jpg

It's 2,996 pieces and 350 bucks so no thanks but it's still a charming model. We all knew it was coming but it's interesting to seem them try and stick with 1:1 scale the whole way through.

Also, Target typically marks down toy clearance on Thursday, which is today, lost track of days. If that was the price from a couple days ago, I'd recheck, I think most toy clearance has gone 50% at this point, even here in DC/MD/VA, where they typically take forever to drop anything. Seriously, when the rest of the country had 90% Christmas clearance, everything around here was 50% still.
Same thing here. Nothing ever hits 70% here. (polys are the only thing to hit 90% and even that is rare) All the soccer moms and resellers pick up everything at 15% or 30% off. But even when things aren't scooped up right away the clearance mark downs in my area seem to lag weeks behind what others are reporting. I used to wait for things to hit 70% off, knowing it was a longshot but figured if it made it that long and I was able to get it, it was meant to be. But with how things now are now I think 50% off is my new "buy it now" threshold.

Same thing here. Nothing ever hits 70% here. (polys are the only thing to hit 90% and even that is rare) All the soccer moms and resellers pick up everything at 15% or 30% off. But even when things aren't scooped up right away the clearance mark downs in my area seem to lag weeks behind what others are reporting. I used to wait for things to hit 70% off, knowing it was a longshot but figured if it made it that long and I was able to get it, it was meant to be. But with how things now are now I think 50% off is my new "buy it now" threshold.
I think 50% is the new 70% too. If something starts at 15% clearance, 50% will be the last mark down. At least that's what I've seen on some other items that haven't sold.

I think 50% is the new 70% too. If something starts at 15% clearance, 50% will be the last mark down. At least that's what I've seen on some other items that haven't sold.
Some sets like Star Wars don't really go below 70%, I think the stores that do hit that threshold clearance a ton to begin with.

Some clearance sets at TRU have been updated. 60009 is now 29.98 (not marked on shelf, but scans at this price) - 20% clearance coupon = 24. You can also get TRU gift cards from card cash for 13% off right now. So, if you do that, you can knock the 24 down to 21. 21 for a 49.99 msrp set. They also have the 75025 Jedi Defender Class Cruiser for 74.98 (after everything, I got it for 52-this is a 89.99 msrp set. The Mine 4204 rang up as 79.98 so after everything i got it for 56, on a 99.99 set. Some good deals to be had.

Some clearance sets at TRU have been updated. 60009 is now 29.98 (not marked on shelf, but scans at this price) - 20% clearance coupon = 24. You can also get TRU gift cards from card cash for 13% off right now. So, if you do that, you can knock the 24 down to 21. 21 for a 49.99 msrp set. They also have the 75025 Jedi Defender Class Cruiser for 74.98 (after everything, I got it for 52-this is a 89.99 msrp set. The Mine 4204 rang up as 79.98 so after everything i got it for 56, on a 99.99 set. Some good deals to be had.
I think the Jedi Cruiser is set for Retirement, if you want it get it now.

I really really really hope that the Jurassic World LEGO game isn't the only video game in the works to tie-in with the movie ... I'm sorry but the LEGO games suck for adults who aren't playing with kids. They have none of the creativity that actual LEGO sets have and mostly involve running around collecting studs and unlocking reskinned characters ... it was fun the first time, but nearly every LEGO game since has been a variant that started with LEGO Star Wars and frankly, by my adult standards, they suck as games ... but I'll still probably buy it on sale ... because dinosaurs :p

Helicarrier!

76042-1.jpg

It's 2,996 pieces and 350 bucks so no thanks but it's still a charming model. We all knew it was coming but it's interesting to seem them try and stick with 1:1 scale the whole way through.
Not a fan of the price but it was expected. Ill be bricklinking a couple of the figures though.

I really really really hope that the Jurassic World LEGO game isn't the only video game in the works to tie-in with the movie ... I'm sorry but the LEGO games suck for adults who aren't playing with kids. They have none of the creativity that actual LEGO sets have and mostly involve running around collecting studs and unlocking reskinned characters ... it was fun the first time, but nearly every LEGO game since has been a variant that started with LEGO Star Wars and frankly, by my adult standards, they suck as games ... but I'll still probably buy it on sale ... because dinosaurs :p
I hear ya man. I feel the same way and I have kids. The first couple of Star Wars games were fun because it was new. You'd figure 6 dozen games in the formula would change a little*, but nah, they're all the same. That being said, I might be down for Jurassic World to play with the kiddos.

*disclaimer: I haven't gotten around to LEGO City Undercover or The LEGO Movie games. The licensed games are all pretty much the same though.

I hear ya man. I feel the same way and I have kids. The first couple of Star Wars games were fun because it was new. You'd figure 6 dozen games in the formula would change a little*, but nah, they're all the same. That being said, I might be down for Jurassic World to play with the kiddos.

*disclaimer: I haven't gotten around to LEGO City Undercover or The LEGO Movie games. The licensed games are all pretty much the same though.
Imma let you finish but Lego City Undercover is the best Lego game of ALL TIME. Game Trailers is full of shit.

The Marvel Game had amazing fan service and a quick world to traverse but nothing compares to open world of Lego City and the writing is better than any other Lego Game by a mile and (think upper tier Dreamworks Animation).

I traded the game because I bought from Gamefly for 20 and got 37 from GS years ago but have been looking for it ever since. It's a tragedy that its locked down by Nintendo through the silly tie in stuff.

I'm torn on the Helicarrier.  It looks nice, but I hate the microfigure scale.  If those SHIELD deck plates are printed though, it will be very tempting for them alone.

bread's done
Back