LEGO Deals 3

Imma let you finish but Lego City Undercover is the best Lego game of ALL TIME. Game Trailers is full of shit.

The Marvel Game had amazing fan service and a quick world to traverse but nothing compares to open world of Lego City and the writing is better than any other Lego Game by a mile and (think upper tier Dreamworks Animation).

I traded the game because I bought from Gamefly for 20 and got 37 from GS years ago but have been looking for it ever since. It's a tragedy that its locked down by Nintendo through the silly tie in stuff.
All I recall from release is how abysmal load times are. Not a ringing endorsement for sure. Did they ever patch it to improve it?

All I recall from release is how abysmal load times are. Not a ringing endorsement for sure. Did they ever patch it to improve it?
No, they were always terrible at chapter starts or initial load but the overworld streamed and was huge so there weren't that many.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU has another 20% off clearance items coupon expiring today.  Also, all Galaxy Squad sets are 30% off in store.  You can stack the coupon with the clearance prices.

The three sets that seem to be the best after discounts are

70706 Space Swarmer Crater Creeper$3.77

70708 Hive Crawler $19.59

70705 Bug Obiterator $36.38

All the others sets also qualify, but the clearance prices are only $5 - $10 off MSRP.

Edit: I meant the Crater Creeper, but the Space Swarmer is the same price.

Wal-Mart so ymmv but there were signs in the clearance section to take an additional 50% all clearance. Picked up

Star Wars Republic Gunship - $44.50
Pre Vizslas Mandalorian Fighter- $20
Iron Man Malibu Mansion - $15.00
Duplo Circus- $15

If someone else has this at their local Wal-Mart let me know because I'm thinking about driving to the next town over and checking that one too.

TRU has another 20% off clearance items coupon expiring today. Also, all Galaxy Squad sets are 30% off in store. You can stack the coupon with the clearance prices.

70706 Space Swarmer Crater Creeper$3.77

All the others sets also qualify, but the clearance prices are only $5 - $10 off MSRP.

Grr... I really want the big set but my store didn't have them (plus I hate them) and when I was in NY they had all of them, but I didn't have the 20% off coupon.

TRU has another 20% off clearance items coupon expiring today. Also, all Galaxy Squad sets are 30% off in store. You can stack the coupon with the clearance prices.

70706 Space Swarmer Crater Creeper$3.77

Here's the link to the coupon

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/?categoryId=22728306

Stopped at ToysRUs today and picked up 60021 Cargo Heliplane with the clearance coupon $40 ($32 after coupon).

While I was there I saw a cart with some Batcaves and Joker's Funhouse. I was really excited about the Funhouse until I scanned it and it came up at $59.99. I pulled up ebay and sure enough there were some on there for the exact same price. I mean, I'm willing to pay a $5-10 extra for an out of print set but a 50% markup is ridiculous.

Wal-Mart so ymmv but there were signs in the clearance section to take an additional 50% all clearance. Picked up

Star Wars Republic Gunship - $44.50
Pre Vizslas Mandalorian Fighter- $20
Iron Man Malibu Mansion - $15.00
Duplo Circus- $15

If someone else has this at their local Wal-Mart let me know because I'm thinking about driving to the next town over and checking that one too.
None of my Walmarts have that right now. But I've seen that sign in the past. The weird thing was none of the cashiers knew about them. So I told them there's a sign up and they were like "you have to tell me that". Once I told them, they just took 50% off without verifying.

I did score a Lego Friends High School today for $30.00, they also had the New Lego ATAT for $60, but the box was opened, and the bags were too.  Got it at the Bargain Hunt Superstore

My only Target find was that promo cube thing for $4.50.  The top was ripped but I could see all the figures were intact.  I actually wouldn't have gotten it if the boy was with me.

I must have found the black hole in the walmart

edit: hmm, picture didn't come through...

16434379242_057d3a75a1.jpg

That Lone Ranger and Monster Fighter set is hilarious. Did you really pay 35 for a 2012 advent calendar?
Lol, no, I left that one. The Monster Fighters set might be going back too. Here are the prices.

6869 - $49
9466 - $50
9470 - $13
79107 - $9

Full price?! I regret not getting that Monster Fighters set at Walmart years ago, but I think it was $35.

And the diving sets have been revealed and they are lacking. Aqua Fighters had better subs and a better shipwreck. I might get a small set for some mini figures, but the small sets are probably $8 for 30 pieces. I'm curious to what the prices are, but only like another week or two.

Unloading some minifigs (and a Batmobile), thought I'd post here in case anyone is looking since apparently a few of these are getting hard to come by.  PM me if interested.

The bottom row (starting with The Thing going to Captain America are all Ebay knockoffs)

mcd66f.jpg
The bottom row (starting with The Thing going to Captain America are all Ebay knockoffs)

[quote name="WiiNet" post="12469491" timestamp="1423003262"]Unloading some minifigs (and a Batmobile), thought I'd post here in case anyone is looking since apparently a few of these are getting hard to come by. PM me if interested.

mcd66f.jpg
[/quote]
Is there anything you're looking for? I'm interested in Catwoman.

Can't wait for Wall-E. 

When my oldest son was little (just after the movie came out) I built him a bunch of stuff from the movie; Wall-E, EVE, and a bunch of the little robots...wish I woulda taken pics.

I missed out on that set too, I do have an old magnetic Catwoman though, along with a Two Face, Mr Freeze and Penguin.
It's amazing how much that set goes for now too. My guess is the Green Lantern set will be the same once it goes out of production. Stock up!

WE ARE GETTING WALL-E!!!!!!

And Doctor Who, but we all knew that.
!!! Wall-E is a day one purchase for me!

Well it's a LEGO Ideas set, they will only make 500 sets and be sold out within 7 minutes. :roll:

And the next review range doesn't have a single decent thing in it that will be made. It's pathetic.
It's a licensed property, so it's probably more likely to be treated like the DeLorean or Ecto-1.

Beyond the Mars rover and research institute all of the other CUSOO/Ideas sets have been pretty well stocked and replenished. And again, obviously something that is a licensed and well known property is going to have a higher demand than a non-licensed set, which means Lego would more than likely make more of the licensed set. Don't think they really could've foreseen the research institute being as in demand as it was. Honestly I visit a lot of different collecting sites and forums and this thread is the only place I heard of the problem and only one person seems to be clinging onto this as an overall issue. If this had been a reoccurring issue involving CUUSOO/Ideas releases you would have a point. Recent examples - Delorean - around for quite a while. Ecto 1 - around for a long time in store, still available online. Exo-suit - still available online and in store (seriously, I just saw them at the lego store yesterday, these are regularly replenished) Birds - every time I go to the store they are there, appear to be shelf warming, available online. So, again, the research institute seems to be an anomaly that you are hung up on. Hopefully Lego learned from that. I would say we should see how Wall-e, Dr Who and Big Bang play out but, again, those are licensed sets that will probably have a high demand and sell well.

Last note about the research institute. Just checked Amazon, Bricklink, ebay. Seems the set is selling for about $30 - $35, which if you REALLY want it, paying $10 - $15 over retail is not a crazy amount.

I do agree that the next sets up for review aren't really intriguing. I liked the Jurassic Park set but I am assuming with the new movie coming out, it won't make the cut. The piano and Hornet fit the bill, size wise, but aren't all that interesting. Everything else is just too big, would be too expensive.

It's a licensed property, so it's probably more likely to be treated like the DeLorean or Ecto-1.
We shall see because it's a license set, but not a vehicle.

And what I don't get about the stupid female science set is that in England S@H had it in stock for a few days. If they have them in England why not in the USA?I wish they were separate sets, because I only want the dinosaur.

We shall see because it's a license set, but not a vehicle.

And what I don't get about the stupid female science set is that in England S@H had it in stock for a few days. If they have them in England why not in the USA?I wish they were separate sets, because I only want the dinosaur.
It has been relatively available on amazon for the better part of a month. in and out of stock.

I'm taking about Wall-e. The Tardis will be easily available after the first wave of demand dies.
But Wall-e is a vehicle for life!

But seriosly though, if the Doctor Who set comes with a Dalek, Angel, or Cyberman, they won't ever regularly be in stock.

It'll only have a chance if it's the Doctor, Rose, and the TARDIS/console.

Wall-E is a pleasant surprise and I hope it's not a pain to find one. Maybe I need to give it more time but I watched the first couple of Doctor Who reboot episodes and found the guy obnoxious as hell. 

Shouldn't the Doctor Who set really come with the current Doctor and Clara? Are they really going to make a Doctor Who set with the Doctor from 2 series ago? Hmmm ...

Oh and the LEGO Jurassic Park trailer was cute ... damn it ... I didn't want to buy that stupid game ... and now I am. :(

The official Doctor Who website had a teaser of a guy with grey hair. It's clearly the current Doctor.

Are there any places besides TRU that has older Mixels? I really enjoy most of series 3-4 but I need the round 2x2 plates plates with the face prints on them for a MOC I'm planning.

The official Doctor Who website had a teaser of a guy with grey hair. It's clearly the current Doctor.

Are there any places besides TRU that has older Mixels? I really enjoy most of series 3-4 but I need the round 2x2 plates plates with the face prints on them for a MOC I'm planning.
How many of those faces do you need? I've got some I could get to you.

Are you talking about Christopher Eccleston?
Yep, it seems like the Doctor Who should probably get a new chance every time they switch the lead but I haven't had the chance. I'm watching Star Trek:TNG for the first time ever (episode 3) now so I think my quota for Sci-Fi is filled for the time being.

Yep, it seems like the Doctor Who should probably get a new chance every time they switch the lead but I haven't had the chance. I'm watching Star Trek:TNG for the first time ever (episode 3) now so I think my quota for Sci-Fi is filled for the time being.
You have never watched TNG?!?!

I remember watching the finale when it air. It very well could be the best series finale ever.

I liked the first season with Matt Smith and the season with Donna and the season with Sarah Jane for Doctor Who. It's really time to get a new show runner. I feel after 3-4 seasons they just aren't there anymore.

I rewatching Fringe, I forgot how great it was before it became crap. :lol:

And LEGO shipping is horribly slow. There I'm on topic. ;)

I didn't like Eccleston as a Doctor. Tennent, Smith, and Capaldi are all different though. Clara, however, is a boring piece of turd.

That picture they put up is a fan creation, they just pulled it from somewhere, but Capaldi in the set wouldn't surprise me.

Even though I'm a big Doctor Who fan, I'm WAY more excited for Walle.

I didn't like Eccleston as a Doctor. Tennent, Smith, and Capaldi are all different though. Clara, however, is a boring piece of turd.
Clara was okish for about a season, several seasons later she is just useless now. And her bitching about wanting more in life and then not leaving the doctor was horrible last season. I gave up half way.

I've liked all the new Doctors in their own way, just I can't stand how most of them have left.

Clara was ok-ish in the first two appearances and the first episode she became a companion. After that, everything interesting about her disappeared, and became completely boring.

bread's done
Back