LEGO Deals 3

April 30-May 4 – The May the 4th event continues this year and the exclusive minifigure that will be given out is the First Order Stormtrooper with a LEGO Star Wars purchase of $50 or more.

April 30-May 4 – Earn Double VIP Points on on LEGO Star Wars purchases. You also get a free The Force Awakens poster with any Star Wars purchase.

May 27-30 – The LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Captain America’s Motorcycle (30447) polybag will be available with purchases of $35 or more.

May 3-4 – The VIP Monthly Mini Build will be a Hedgehog.

May 7 – LEGO Elves Building Event at LEGO Brand Stores.

May 9-10 – Free LEGO Star Wars Master Your Force Jango Fett character card when kids build a Star Wars spaceship and compete against others at LEGO Brand Stores.

May 16 – Minifigure Swap Day at LEGO Brand Stores.

May 18-31 – VIPs get early access to a new exclusive LEGO set. Rumor has it that it could be the LEGO Creator Big Ben (10253) but we’ll see in a few weeks when LEGO released their press release of the set.

May 23-24 – Free LEGO Star Wars Master Your Force Garazeb “Zeb” Orrelios character card.

May 21 & 28 – LEGO Club Meeting.

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-may-2016-store-calendar-promos-and-events/#sthash.TPUMagkA.dpuf
Star Wars Day is just as lame as new New Hope.

Star Wars Day is just as lame as new New Hope.
What, you didn't like Old Man Solo Man, Princess Ray-a, Black Luke Skywalker, Spanish Fly Lando, noodle-armed emo hipster Darth, or Gandalf the Gray at the end?

The free figure is an absolute joke...might as well give out 4 assorted white or black small blocks, can a figure get any more generic or common than a Storm Trooper? And "Master your Force" cards, bwahahaha...

They should give out decent exclusive polybags.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really think the original Star Wars movie is lame? Or did you mean Star Wars VII The Force Awakens?
I'm a Star Trek fan over Star Wars. I just call The Force Awakens 'new New Hope' because it's such a ripoff of the movie and was so over hyped I find it annoying. I also was waiting years for a new movie to get new style ships and all we got were more X-Wings and TIEs. They didn't bother to build new ships in the last 40 years? They had new ships in the prequels (the only decent part) and that took place 18-30 years before New Hope.

I'm looking forward to episode 8 because Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars so if they rip that one off too at least they have a good base.

YMMV, but the local Kmart randomly jumped to 50% off clearance toys. If you still have a store near you, it may be worth it to look.
It's never worth going into K-Mart. Mine had 5 sets in the clearance aisle and only two came up on clearance. Orange tow truck and some cyborg NinjaGo bikes for $9 each. I grab the truck.

No signs at all. Also found a series 13 mini figure for full price but not the unicorn or king or pig suit guy.

Bastards at TRU never sent me an airjutsu pos... Either that or it fell out, the set came fine but the tape was a littler unwithered.

Heads up if you live near a ShopKo they have 20% off Legos this week. On top of that if you have their loyalty card there is a coupon good through Saturday that takes off $10 for a 50 order or 15 for 75. Stacks on sale and clearance. Clearance wise (before coupon) I found a City Police Station for$40, Ninjago DX vehicle for 31.99, and a load of Friends sets half off or more.

It's never worth going into K-Mart. Mine had 5 sets in the clearance aisle and only two came up on clearance. Orange tow truck and some cyborg NinjaGo bikes for $9 each. I grab the truck.

No signs at all. Also found a series 13 mini figure for full price but not the unicorn or king or pig suit guy.
I did say 'YMMV'. Different stores handle clearance differently. The Kmart here had an odd assortment of retired sets on clearance, and only the toys out front had the signs.

If you happen to have the TRU 20% coupon for this past month, it expires today.  Went to my store to find a set to purchase and saw they are stocking the UCS Slave 1. Made my decision easy.

So is the consensus that Brickseek is hit or miss? There is a Walmart about a half hour away that shows the Star Wars Assault Carrier for $30, with more than 2 in stock.

I was thinking to just buy it online and pick up in store. If I get a confirmation email, then could I just do a return and rebuy?

So is the consensus that Brickseek is hit or miss? There is a Walmart about a half hour away that shows the Star Wars Assault Carrier for $30, with more than 2 in stock.
It is very hit or miss. There was one store about the same distance from me that appeared to be well stocked with Gorilla Grodd and the Kylo Renn shuttle but they were no where to be found. Other times it has been spot on.

I find brick seek to be best if you know the store has something in stock and you want to monitor price and watch for the clearance drop.

Picked up an extra pet shop and palace cinema today .. $200 for both on Craigslist .. If anybody has any of the newer modulars and wants to trade let me know

Edit: both are sealed bags but damaged boxes

I picked up Lego Justice League Cosmic Clash since it was the last day of the sale at Target for $13. The Cosmic Boy figure is going for $15 on eBay so I figured I'd grab it and sell off the movie.

I also stopped at GameStop just to see if they had any Silver Centurions, they didn't but one guy pulled out.... Iron Patriot. The bag was ripped a little but all parts are accounted for. I already have this one so it's going up for trade if anyone has any Marvel/DC/SW minifigures for trade.

I was thinking to just buy it online and pick up in store. If I get a confirmation email, then could I just do a return and rebuy?
Yep. Do that. Order it for pickup at that store only. If they DO have it, they can pull it in the next day or so. If they don't have it, they will ship it to that store. You buy it at full price on the web, pick it up, then go to CS and return/rebuy at clearance price. I just tell them, "Hey, it scanned for cheaper after I got here."

Picked up an extra pet shop and palace cinema today .. $200 for both on Craigslist .. If anybody has any of the newer modulars and wants to trade let me know

Edit: both are sealed bags but damaged boxes
How did that happen? You'd think they would know they could easily flip on ebay for much more. The Pet Shop will likely get retired soon. Nice find.

Olaf and Fire car polybags are $2 (50% off) in Target's Easter section. No luck finding Olaf since they were cleaned out as part of a promotion last week. Did find a few of the much more boring fire car today.

Olaf 086-14-0140
Fire car 204-00-0184

Which Wal-Mart is it? My local one said the same thing and they didn't have any

I found a first aid jungle bike friends set for $4. It was a nice easter basket bonus. Walmart web # 36607477.

I thought the bike set and the Emma's tourist kiosk were all very nice small sets for a relatively cheap price, at least at price I paid. Lots of little detail. 

Put together the General Grevious set over the weekend.  I was unsure about this line of LEGO, but man, he is badass... and HUGE.  I don't think there was a standard LEGO piece in the entire set either.  Pretty interesting build.

Put together the General Grevious set over the weekend. I was unsure about this line of LEGO, but man, he is badass... and HUGE. I don't think there was a standard LEGO piece in the entire set either. Pretty interesting build.
There wouldn't be many 'standard' LEGO piece, it's not a LEGO System (aka bricks and studs) set, it's a completely different building base. For the life of me I can't remember what LEGO calls it.

How did that happen? You'd think they would know they could easily flip on ebay for much more. The Pet Shop will likely get retired soon. Nice find.
Some pallet wholesaler.. I picked up a hellicarrier from him for $250 on my birthday too .. That build has been awesome except for the repetition on the 4 "motors"

So "Constraction" actually IS the name of those Galidor/Bionicle type figures.  Here I thought some Target employee had mistyped them in.

Lego finally made the official announcement for the Disney minifigures. Since the street date it May 1 we can probably see Target and TRU leak these mid April

Found a Lego City Auto Transporter 60060 today at Barns and Noble. It was marked at full price but it's something I've been wanting and I was glad to find it in the wild rather than pay a flipper. I'm a fan of all the different trailer trucks, next I'm on the lookout for the Lego City Grand Prix Truck 60025 and Tanker Truck 60016.

There wouldn't be many 'standard' LEGO piece, it's not a LEGO System (aka bricks and studs) set, it's a completely different building base. For the life of me I can't remember what LEGO calls it.
I'm used to building Friends and Creator sets, so this is news to me. :)

Either way, it was a fun build and the end result is worth the price of admission.

Found a Lego City Auto Transporter 60060 today at Barns and Noble. It was marked at full price but it's something I've been wanting and I was glad to find it in the wild rather than pay a flipper. I'm a fan of all the different trailer trucks, next I'm on the lookout for the Lego City Grand Prix Truck 60025 and Tanker Truck 60016.
I have the Transporter, and the truck is really neat. The two cars are pretty boring, but a number of other small LEGO vehicles will fit on it, too!

I found two $2 Olaf polys at my nearest Target tonight, so I guess I'm set on those.

I have the Transporter, and the truck is really neat. The two cars are pretty boring, but a number of other small LEGO vehicles will fit on it, too!

I found two $2 Olaf polys at my nearest Target tonight, so I guess I'm set on those.

Found HeartLake Hot Air Balloon #41097 at Target with AS-IS sticker for $11.16 which is 30% off of $15.99???  I don't know what I'll do with those balloon pieces but I picked it up none the less.

Also found Ninjago Condrai Copter Attack #70746 (204-00-1457) for $8.98 regular clearance. 

Ideas Maze set is available at Lego.com...$75 purchase gets you classic Mr. Freeze minifigure. 

Wait, classic Mr. Freeze? This better not be an April Fools joke =(

Edit: It's real, but it's the TV series Mr. Freeze.

Found HeartLake Hot Air Balloon #41097 at Target with AS-IS sticker for $11.16 which is 30% off of $15.99??? I don't know what I'll do with those balloon pieces but I picked it up none the less.

Also found Ninjago Condrai Copter Attack #70746 (204-00-1457) for $8.98 regular clearance.

Ideas Maze set is available at Lego.com...$75 purchase gets you classic Mr. Freeze minifigure.
I got the Hot Air Balloon for $13, not bad for a $30 set when it first came out, it's also a great set.

Wait, classic Mr. Freeze? This better not be an April Fools joke =(

Edit: It's real, but it's the TV series Mr. Freeze.
Yes classic Batman is the 60s live action show. Which classic one were you thinking of? There only have been 10-20 Batman TV shows.

I'm not sure what I was thinking of. But I don't care for the Adam West version at all.
I LOVED it as a child, but can't say I have seen it in years. Batman is my favorite super hero. And to be honest I can't remember Mr. Freeze ever being on it. Maybe it was the final season?

And he's "Really Pissed Off Smurf". He was the one Smurf Smurfette wouldn't fuck.

Found a ninjago enter the serpent for 17.99 at Target. Not really into ninjago but I'll usually buy anything if it's >50% off.

Have any of you built the temple of airjutzu? I've considered buying it and using it for more as a Japanese village since it looks more traditional.

Was checking another GameStop for another Silver Centurion today, didn't find him but did get another Iron Patriot
Thanks for the reminder! I asked at a local GameStop and got the silver centurion! It might have helped that I had the kids with me [emoji2]

Have any of you built the temple of airjutzu? I've considered buying it and using it for more as a Japanese village since it looks more traditional.
Yes. Very nice build. There are three main sections -- the temple and the shops to the left and the right. The shops would look at home in a Japanese village. One is more open than the other. The temple dominates them, and is probably too big for most villages. It's possible you could build or repurpose parts of it, though it comes with a substantial base that forms the shadow play feature, which is really cool.

It's a lovely, fun build. I got the feeling it didn't sell to expectations (since they gave away that other Chima set with for awhile soon after release) so you may want to wait for a deal. That said, it really is a great set and I am happy I have it. It's unlike anything else, in a wonderful way.

Yes. Very nice build. There are three main sections -- the temple and the shops to the left and the right. The shops would look at home in a Japanese village. One is more open than the other. The temple dominates them, and is probably too big for most villages. It's possible you could build or repurpose parts of it, though it comes with a substantial base that forms the shadow play feature, which is really cool.

It's a lovely, fun build. I got the feeling it didn't sell to expectations (since they gave away that other Chima set with for awhile soon after release) so you may want to wait for a deal. That said, it really is a great set and I am happy I have it. It's unlike anything else, in a wonderful way.
I'd echo this though I didn't actually build it, just watched my son do it. It really looked like a lot of fun and only suffered from maybe a bit of missed opportunity in what could have been a bit more detail. Still, we let him put it in his room as it might be the only set we have the balances perfectly between being a good looking display and an actual playset.

bread's done
Back