LEGO Deals 3

Ugh, started adding a bunch of stuff from that TRU sale last night but didn't check out; figured I'd come back in the morning. Didn't realize it was a two day sale only, whoopsy. Would have taken most if not all of the entire line of speed champions and a couple of other things, mainly the TRU exclusives like the Deep Sea Base, that were a pretty decent discount. Oh well...
I was looking at the Deep Sea Base too, wish it was more base and less plane. But I wouldn't worry. I was $60 in the beginning of November, $70 Black Friday and they still have some left after this $60 sale. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it for $50 sometime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the cartwheel heads up at Target. I bought the Dr. Strange set as it rapidly disappeared from my local store. Hate for it to become Ant Man.

Still a bit miffed at the TRU thing on Friday. The Scooby Mansion and Doctor Who set were available in a neighboring town and I would have had time for a road trip. By the time I got the email they were gone. TRU never ceases to amaze me. On Black Friday the wife got our two boys a deal on two Razor scooters. When they shipped we opened the box to find one and a packing slip showing two. Called the help line and the service rep was "yeah we've gotten a lot of these calls today" and issued a refund. Online stores seems broken.

Thanks to karyko for the tip on the cartwheel yesterday. I got the last batboat set at any area targets. I had been waiting for a deal on that set.
This weeks target deals look great, I'm eyeing that resistance X wing and and joker lowrider.

Can anybody confirm that the Target coupons are working in store on Lego sets. 

Few things I wouldn't mind price matching and using the coupon too.

Thanks to karyko for the tip on the cartwheel yesterday. I got the last batboat set at any area targets. I had been waiting for a deal on that set.
This weeks target deals look great, I'm eyeing that resistance X wing and and joker lowrider.
Whats on next weeks?

The signs are all over the toy section, including the Lego aisle so I would be 99% sure it works.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I used code twice today and used my red card and worked. I ordered for pickup the superhero girls school and batgirl plane otd $80 for them, then when went to pick them up got the other set with Harley quin the two Moana sets and a $6 friends filler set otd with those four sets for $77. Ought to occupy my daughter for a few days after Christmas, would like to get the new technic motorcycle myself if it comes out this week.

The $10 off $50 and $25 off of $100 isn't a coupon, it's automatic. A friend of mine doesn't like buying online went in and got Joker's car and Batmobile. No problems.

Target In store lego prices are generally more expensive than online though. There are a lot of ninjago, elves, nexo knights, Star Wars and superhero sets that are discounted online but not in store, so for example the Resistance X wing is a terrible deal in store but great online.

If you have a daughter who wants the Elves dragons or a son who wants Ninjago dragons, or vice versa, I think now is the time to buy.

The Falcon was 20% off last week at Target as were all Star Wars but they fixed that quickly this morning... I think if you were quick enough you could get overlapping deals.

That UCS tie fighter was cheaper on Amazon wasn't it?

Target In store lego prices are generally more expensive than online though. There are a lot of ninjago, elves, nexo knights, Star Wars and superhero sets that are discounted online but not in store, so for example the Resistance X wing is a terrible deal in store but great online.
But if you live near a tax free state you can go to the store and just price match. There shouldn't be any issues at all because it's in the computer, there are no coupons. I like not having to carry my massive sets around. The train I bought on Wednesday arrived today.

S@H has free express saver shipping over $35 through noon eastern on the 20th which is the cut off for Christmas shipping.

The $10 off $50 and $25 off of $100 isn't a coupon, it's automatic. A friend of mine doesn't like buying online went in and got Joker's car and Batmobile. No problems.
There are coupons in the flyer which say excludes Lego. The same coupons are in my cartwheel ap, but they don't exclude Lego. This is why I was asking.

Now if it is automatic like you say, does scanning the coupons take another $10 or $25 off?

And there are some better deals done in store by price matching and using the coupon like the Falcon being $105 at Walmart so $80 after coupon in store!

Are you sure they'll pricematch and take the coupon? They usually don't do both, though if it's already in the system... I dunno, I scanned the cartwheel coupon when I bought something today. The coupon definitely includes lego though, they even have the signs posted up in the lego section.

The CSR's shouldn't allow price match and Target coupon, it's either/or according to policy.  But the system allows it, so getting both just depends upon the attentiveness of the CSR.

There are coupons in the flyer which say excludes Lego. The same coupons are in my cartwheel ap, but they don't exclude Lego. This is why I was asking.

Now if it is automatic like you say, does scanning the coupons take another $10 or $25 off?

And there are some better deals done in store by price matching and using the coupon like the Falcon being $105 at Walmart so $80 after coupon in store!
People still look at the flier? :p

Honestly if the coupon still works with price matching and still works even if says 'excludes LEGO' the cashier should let it go. I hate when you get an anal person who is like "says it shouldn't work", like the coupon comes out of their pay.

And the Gingerbread man promo is now live at S@H, it is NOT the same color as the last one, this one is more orange-brown.
HelloBricks - Lego GingerBread Man Comparison by Gnaat Lego, on Flickr

Falcon is on sale at Target. $105 - $25= $80 + 5% off Red Card!

Damn, the closest falcon is a 40 minute drive.  Not worth it for $15 savings.

9u6Ytt1.jpg

The Falcon was in stock online when I posted it. I canceled my AWD one and bought it from Target. It saved me $3 and this way I don't need to worry about the condition of it.

Woohoo!

(That's me yelling... I also sometimes yell on dates... ;) )

Umm... anyways... the Batman Minifigures have three complete series per box!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/143819-review-71017-lego-minifigures-lego-batman-movie-series/
Bring em on! Are there any rumors of a high end set other than Arkham for the Batman Movie? The Sea Cow is a good 1k pieces bigger so I was hoping for at least one epic set for the Batman Movie as well. My kids will be begging for the stuff after they see the movie but I just don't see anything that amazing considering the license markup in place.

They didn't show the sea cow until well after the movie was released, right? I'm actually a bit surprised they released these so early, though it is Xmas so I guess it makes sense.

They didn't show the sea cow until well after the movie was released, right? I'm actually a bit surprised they released these so early, though it is Xmas so I guess it makes sense.
There is still a second wave coming out too. I think they released them early, and the pictures, for free press for their movie. Very smart move.

There is supposedly going to be a D2C set (Direct to Costumers in case I have the lingo wrong.) but nothing is known about it. Wouldn't surprise me if they release it in March because maybe the set is a spoiler.

Spider-Man bridge set down to $68.99 at Target...$58.99 with coupon!

Technic Bucket Wheel Loader for $205 after coupon.

So has anyone tried to use the physical $10 off $50/$25 off $100 toys coupon either through the Cartwheel app or from the flyer on top of the automatic discount being applied at checkout?  If so, any luck, or will the register just throw up the usual "no matching/applicable items found"?

I imagine it would take a CSR/manager override to get it to apply, which might be possible however if attempted on top of a pricematch at this point at my stores would take an act of the baby Jesus.  Guess I'll at least give the coupon a try.

oohh...wonder if I could get Target.com to price match amazon...$180 for the Bucket wheel :whistle2:k
Maybe. Which would be ironic as hell being Amazon is price matching the Target sale, $10 / $25 off about 20 different sets now.

A friend of mine brought up the good point. If the new Batman mini figures are out you can get 26 of them for $79.

Does anyone know where I can buy a box of mini figures?

My son would love that for Christmas, but I'm done shopping for him. My wife would consider it a bridge too far. The temptation is killing me.
Then i guess the TWO i bought for my son would be a bridge way too far. This deal was too good to pass up. 1000+ pieces about half what is considered good value. I had to dicker abit with the target register jockey. He didnt want to honor the 68 price since I purchased it online the night before using store pickup for $78. Less than 12 hours from order to pickup the price changes and he doesnt want to stack the price with the $25 off to complete the purchase. I showed him how I could just order it from my phone right there and make him do it, with discount, but he got all huffy and got the manager to override it. I swear, just because target doesnt change it in the local system, doesnt mean im trying to rob the place blind. I mean its not like i create the sales or pricing they choose to offer.

My target did this once to me another time where they had 10 or so Chima phoenix temples marked super low and i tried to buy 3-4 of them. I had to plead my case about online match at customer service to a manager for about 15 minutes. They caved, but would only sell me 1 at the price even with my "I'll just buy them for online pickup right here" defense.

Also contacted amazon CS to get them to match my bucketwheel purchased on 12/7 for $240. They just refunded the price back to my card, but hey, $35 is $35.

I'm tempted by the bridge but I just don't get the appeal. Same with the harvest of fear batman set. The minifigs are cool but do I really need some dude with a tractor or a part of a bridge?

I agree. I like the bridge, but I'd like it a lot more if it was a full bridge. I think it's more mini figures and a location vs getting another motorcycle or Jeep.

I have never had an issue with price matching. However I usually just flirt with them so they remember me and don't give me a hard time. I priced match their own website for the $3.58 Cyberman and bought the last three I saw. His computer didn't work so he just asked me for the price and typed it in.

Get two bridges and combine them to a big bridge instead of half a bridge. Problem solved.

Edit:

Now we just have to wait for a Gwen Stacy minifig.

Also, it gets me that much closer to a Sinister Six. Just need some sort of Mysterio.

TRU screwed the pooch on my changing seasons cottage. Box arrived today and a duplo construction set was inside. WTF. I will need to call TRU customer service tomorrow and resolve this. My scooby doo mansion is no longer on back order so we will see what mystery arrives when that ships

alright i need help guys - how do i score the best deal for the lego technic porsche set?

i know walmart had a deal a while ago for 250

i've been browsing Amazon UK but since they stopped shipping lego to the US, i haven't been able to get a good deal

any ways around the Amazon UK restriction or any other suggestions on scoring this set? It's literally all I want :)

That must be the secret. I'm a bitter old man with little patience who loves to argue.
I'm a bitter young guy with little patience and who loves to argue. Unless they are cute, then I flirt. Plus you flirt before you tell them what you need. Get on their good side. If they don't do what you want do what my grandpa taught me, just get louder and louder until they do. :D

TRU screwed the pooch on my changing seasons cottage. Box arrived today and a duplo construction set was inside. WTF. I will need to call TRU customer service tomorrow and resolve this. My scooby doo mansion is no longer on back order so we will see what mystery arrives when that ships
Yeah I never did fix my issue with them completely screwing up a minifigure order. I almost bought the 40% off Mighty Micros but then decided against it. Thankfully Target came to the rescue the next day. After the Flash one I really like them.

Meh, I didn't realize the coupon wasn't being applied automatically in store (unless it was doing this on Sunday and maybe Monday).  It also doesn't appear to do it automatically via the Target app, at least it wasn't yesterday while I was in store.  Oddly enough I can get TOYS to appear twice as two promos on the Target app.  

It still shows up for me online automatically without having to enter the TOYS promo code (entering it now just shows "Promocode is not eligible for item" even though the discount is showing on the order summary), or maybe I just entered it previously and the promo code is now linked to my account. 

Regardless, the store had the new Batcave for $99.99 and coupled with Dr. Strange at $29.99, it's not too shabby.  I found a few sets still ringing up automatically on sale in store including the Avengers Cap 3 Civil War Airport Battle at $63.99, get two for $127.98 plus tax and that's $25 off with the coupon for $51 a piece plus tax.  Worth it for the Giant Man and other figs alone.

Toys R Us has the following two sets on sale for a decent price, saw it on SD

1069-pc Ninjago City of Stiix $52.50

907-pc City Deep Sea Operation Base $50

City sets are still B1G1 40% off as well

Toys R Us has the following two sets on sale for a decent price, saw it on SD

1069-pc Ninjago City of Stiix $52.50

907-pc City Deep Sea Operation Base $50

City sets are still B1G1 40% off as well
Told you Karkyco. :)

Next week it will be $40. :) (Or buy 2 and they be $40 right now.)

Meh, I didn't realize the coupon wasn't being applied automatically in store (unless it was doing this on Sunday and maybe Monday). It also doesn't appear to do it automatically via the Target app, at least it wasn't yesterday while I was in store. Oddly enough I can get TOYS to appear twice as two promos on the Target app.

It still shows up for me online automatically without having to enter the TOYS promo code (entering it now just shows "Promocode is not eligible for item" even though the discount is showing on the order summary), or maybe I just entered it previously and the promo code is now linked to my account.

Regardless, the store had the new Batcave for $99.99 and coupled with Dr. Strange at $29.99, it's not too shabby. I found a few sets still ringing up automatically on sale in store including the Avengers Cap 3 Civil War Airport Battle at $63.99, get two for $127.98 plus tax and that's $25 off with the coupon for $51 a piece plus tax. Worth it for the Giant Man and other figs alone.
My wife got sassed by a Target cashier yesterday over that promo. She asked if the $10 off registered automatically and the cashier shrew told her she needed a coupon, then made a theatrical show of finding a coupon for her and scanning it.

The holidays get to some people more than others I guess.

Anyway, still resisting that bridge set.

bread's done
Back