LEGO Deals 3

I guess the 5% belongs to big daddy!

Merry Christmas to you all and a bah humbug to a special few here.

lol... see you next year auntbeast!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the 5% belongs to big daddy!

Merry Christmas to you all and a bah humbug to a special few here.

lol... see you next year auntbeast!
Whaaa?! I'm perfectly lovable 95% of the time, I just make up for it the last 5%. :)

I'll make sure not to post deals and then no one gets trains.

Speaking of trains I told my sister I wanted it back in March. I was half joking, but she actually gave me the train. I'm asking for the GB HQ next year.

I was able to swing by a target that brickseek said had over 600 minifigs. They had at least 5 boxes each of the Disney and most recent series . The end cap had lego batman but that was picked clean. Sad trombone

On Saturday, I saw that Brickseek listed the Bridge Battle set for $50 at a store near me. Dropped by this morning, and they only had 1 left on the shelf. Did a price check on it, but it was still full price. I went to put it back, and there was a lady scanning the new prices. Before I said anything she asked me if I like Lego. Then she told me that she had just marked down a set from $100 to $20. She told me that it was supposed to go to salvage, but she decided to discount it instead. $20 for the Demolition Site? I'll take it!

Going to have a lot of building this week with the Bridge, the Demo site, and the Dr. Who sets. 

Local comic store had a 30% off toys sale. Scored Poe's x-wing for $37 and Shuttle Tydirium for $50.

Got jokers low rider and corner deli for Christmas

Went to target earlier and they had the Lego batman clayface, cat woman and riddler sets out. Almost grabbed the riddler set but $30 seems like $5-10 too much for that set so I'll wait for a sale.
Also saw different nexo, ninjago and marvel sets in clearance but nothing i didn't already have or appealing enough to bite on

I saw some of the newer Batman movie sets today at the Lego store, the Clayface set looked really cool, I wish the same thing could be said about Killer Croc.

Yea, I saw them in the catalog. Clayface is probably the one I'm most happy about. They made him actually feel like he's Clayface, instead of making another maxifigure. I was disappointed by the Killer Croc set too, mostly because his head is weird.

I do like the Scuttler though.

Found a Scooby Doo mystery mansion for $19.00 at local Walmart. Was opened on both ends all bags were in the box and instructions all sealed.

My son went nuts for the clayface figure when he saw it on the backpage of the batcave. Luckily found it and some batman CMF at target. Almost a complete untouched box of Batman CMF at TRU but they had them market up to $5 each. I felt around for a Red Hood because my son really wanted it, but i couldnt justify finishing the set out for $5 a pop.

I dont get how TRU even sells anything with prices that high. Batcave @ $124.99, Scuttler @ $99.99. Even Joker Balloon getaway was $19.99. Both Walmart and Target I was at this afternoon had DECIMATED lego sections. TRU looked like it hadn't been touched.

The hell with the tea party, they need to dump the TRU sets into the harbor.

I just came back from TARGET, they had most of the Nexo Knights and Ninjago. Saw a few city sets, the a-wing/tie fighter and the Quinn Jet on clearance as well.

Please ignore this post as I am just looking to vent.
This is a follow-up to my online leog scooby doo mansion order I placed with TRU during their sale a couple weeks ago.
TRU sends an email saying the order with the mansion has shipped. I watch the tracking everyday and see that it is stuck at label created. I call today and am informed that the product is out of stock and they will be unable to complete the order. I didn't go off on the person but what that's just really shitty inventory management. For the "inconvenience" I was refunded my money and I get 10% off my next online order. fuck TRU. Thankfully, I had placed an in store pick up order as a backup once I had heard about cancelled orders and orders being backstocked so at least I still have my mansion.
As further evidence that TRU may not be the healthiest company, I finally received my credit today for the scooby doo mansion set that I had cancelled last week because it appears to have never shipped. This evening the set was delivered from TRU . Free lego!

^ That isn't a health thing, it's a clueless thing. I almost got a free heater from Amazon, instead they sent me two, and I'm sure they are healthy as a company.

Walmart was hit hard, but they had a NinjaGo island set for $30 and the Nexo Jestro thing for $35 which I was debating because I like red castle bad guys. 

I also found The LEGO Movie cowboy set for $5, so yay!

TRU had the new jestro HQ set. This is the purple ones, not the red. A few others. Target had almost all of the wave 2 batman stuff.

Struck out on finding the Technic Race Truck at Ross stores, but did find a few other good scores there.  Costco already had everything XMas related gone yesterday as well.  I did however randomly come across a pair of the Modular Cinema sets sitting on a front cap in the toy section at Target, both had online item stickers over their UPCs giving a price of $74.98.  Other than that, the Target was an absolute mess and utterly destroyed.  I asked at checkout whether there was any possibility to lower the pricing further as the box on one looked a little creased and got an additional 10% taken off as they have that discretion.  Not as good as the $44.98 Pet Shops, but better than the Parisian Restaurant and Detective's Office I scored for $74.98 a piece.  2 for less than the MSRP of 1 is ok with me.  

Of the newer modulars I think I'm only missing the Bank...of course if I want the old timey fire station, Green Grocer, and Grand Emporium I'll just have to go with Lepin KOs.  Thankfully I have more than enough minifigs to punt their crappy versions.   

Wife got all of DC Superhero Girls except the Batgirl set, and she got the new movie Batcave. Good Xmas haul for her... now I'm tasked with finding the Arkham movie set -.-

Wife got all of DC Superhero Girls except the Batgirl set, and she got the new movie Batcave. Good Xmas haul for her... now I'm tasked with finding the Arkham movie set -.-
It's a TRU exclusive, so that should make it a lot easier. (And a bigger pain.)

The Costco Legos I found were in a different isle, check the item numbers at the front desk and see if any are available near you.
Good call! I did in fact ask at front and they pointed me in the direction of a couple of aisles where if there had been any Christmas stuff left, they would have been stashed. I found some of the LED rope lights but that was it. I'll call around to the Costcos "nearby" with the item numbers and see what they say. Thanks again

My B&N has a bunch of sets 30% off (40% for members) but they do such a bad job labeling that it's hard to be sure which. Some of the more common were Nexo Knights and older Marvel and SW but not sure if it was anything that hasn't been a great deal before. Was hoping to find a Millenium Falcon but sadly none were there. Some of the bigger Rebels and Force Awakens sets were there though.

EBay is running a $15 off $75 flash sale with code CDECFLASHSAVE. Picked up Ragana's castle for $63 that way. My wife's birthday is coming up and she absolutely loves the Lego elves.

Found mystery mansion for $19
2x joker land for $90 a piece

Considering joker land is going for almost $150 on eBay i should be able to sell one and make some money back

They have ... I was just mentioning they are worth the purchase for the flip value now. Just in case you run into them and think $90 is still too high.

I was just at Target and saw a bug obliterator and a desert skiff from 2012 - $83 and $43 respectively. Got the skiff for $10 after saying $43 seemed high and since it wasn't in their system.

My 2017 LEGO catalog has arrived. After talking about how the last few didn't have any cheaper sets I'm amazed at this NinjaGo set...

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Dragon-s-Forge-70627

You get a Hobbitish hut, a dragon, two exclusive mini figures, six total, a small snake thing, 1137 pieces all for $80.
That's a great looking set all around. I'm a big fan of that dragon and can't wait to get that set. But the CAG in me will wait until it goes on a decent discount. I'm also waiting for the Y-Wing to go on sale.

I doubt I'll score a deal as good as the $20 U-Wing, but I'll keep hoping. O:)

Not sure exactly by who but The Porsche is $260 right now by an "Amazon company" on Amazon. It puts it in the 10 cents per piece range but Brickset and others pummeled it for being kind of a mediocre design and containing errors in the instructions. I figured this set has a high likelihood of becoming extremely collectible and isn't ever going to end up on a Target clearance isle so it may be the lowest it ever gets.

Not sure exactly by who but The Porsche is $260 right now by an "Amazon company" on Amazon. It puts it in the 10 cents per piece range but Brickset and others pummeled it for being kind of a mediocre design and containing errors in the instructions. I figured this set has a high likelihood of becoming extremely collectible and isn't ever going to end up on a Target clearance isle so it may be the lowest it ever gets.
I saw that this one has been knocked off and even made in different colors - I saw the orange, light neon green, and a pretty nice looking white one. Hoping for a gunmetal grey, black, red, or blue. Pricing appears to be as low as $50-60 shipped (no box just parts bags and instructions).

I saw that this one has been knocked off and even made in different colors - I saw the orange, light neon green, and a pretty nice looking white one. Hoping for a gunmetal grey, black, red, or blue. Pricing appears to be as low as $50-60 shipped (no box just parts bags and instructions).
You ever buy any of these? I got curious and bought a Lepin Slave I. I just wanted to see the quality before I went off the deep end and bought any of the more expensive USC like the Falcon or ISD. A $40 gamble that hopefully pays off. I've seen the quality of some of the other knock offs and they arent that great. Minifigs look pretty legit from Sy or DeCool, but the set themselves have always had issues.

You ever buy any of these? I got curious and bought a Lepin Slave I. I just wanted to see the quality before I went off the deep end and bought any of the more expensive USC like the Falcon or ISD. A $40 gamble that hopefully pays off. I've seen the quality of some of the other knock offs and they arent that great. Minifigs look pretty legit from Sy or DeCool, but the set themselves have always had issues.
Plenty in here have bought Lepin and the consensus is pretty much that they are good. I personally plan to get Green Grocer and Market Street since those are OOP but to Karkyco's point Lepin is doing variants as well. Obviously don't expect any resell value but the value for price seems to be pretty great.

Good afternoon! Just looking for a bit of advice. I'm aware of the "Top 100 most expensive lego minifigures" (which actually goes up to 300), but I'd like to find a current price guide specifically for individual minifigures series 1-16. I know I could do an ebay search for each figure individually, but wondering if there's already a guide for that. I'm looking to par down/trade off some of my extra minifigures, and was surprised to see figures like the bunny suit guy bringing so much $. Thanks for any and all help.

I was lucky enough to get UCS Slave I's for $59.98 (70% off MSRP) at a pair of Targets that for whatever inexplicable reason had them in their system earlier in the year on clearance at that price, so I don't have to worry about that one.  but I figure for my own collection not resale I'll give the KO modulars a try, the ones out of print anyway.  And as much as I'd love the Technic Porsche, no chance in hell I'll pay MSRP or remotely close to it, particularly when it's not in the color I'd prefer and I can take a gamble on a variety of colors at a fifth or even sixth of the cost.  

The DeCool custom/modified Deadpool "variants" I got are insanely good quality - in terms of not only material and coloration, but the detailing paint jobs as well.  And they cost me something like $.50-.75 per minifig, which is insane.  At $1 or even $2 per minifig I'd buy literally a TON of figs for the collection and otherwise, of course it would depend on which figs but I've gotten KOs/customs of the larger figs i.e. the Hulks for $1-$1.50 a piece, even $2 a piece is great for those.  

Hell I'd pay upwards of $5 a pop for official Lego ones but those dumbfucks would rather put them in a single set that is underproduced and once sold out, provides obscene profit margins to resellers rather than sell the rare figs individually at Lego shops or online.  They (the family behind the Lego Group) could literally make a million a piece of the original large Hulk and even small Hulk figs and plenty of others and sell them online and in their stores for a steep markup and take the profit they are missing/giving up to resellers and counterfeiters quite easily.  But instead, they are arrogant fucktards who think they know economics and business well despite almost running their company into the ground some time ago.  They thrive off the good will of their dedicated fans however they can and often will turn on a dime.

What they should do at the very least is reissue any and every high value minifig and unique/special piece in history (flags or other etched pieces that were only available in a single or couple/few sets, rare pieces that were never available in mass etc.) at a significant but not obscene markup...sell them as official reissues, in new polybags whatever - they will already be differentiated from the SDCC exclusives and others by their polybags or lack thereof.   Think getting an "official" Phoenix or Mr. Gold for $5 or even $10-20 a piece but obviously not the limited original run versus a $.50-$1.00 or even $2.00 knockoff.  If half a billion Chinese can knock them off and pump them out at a cost to them of what has to be a fraction of a cent or even a few cents per fig, I have no doubt Lego can make official ones at a healthy profit.  Idiots are penny wise pound foolish, literally leaving hundreds of millions if not billions on the table.  

Regarding solo minifigures, it's partly Hasbro's fault. They have the license for producing action figures so they got upset when Lego started making the detachable magnet figures for cheap. Hasbro felt Lego was intruding on their territory so Lego in turn started gluing them. At least they still have the key chains.

I was lucky enough to get UCS Slave I's for $59.98 (70% off MSRP) at a pair of Targets that for whatever inexplicable reason had them in their system earlier in the year on clearance at that price, so I don't have to worry about that one. but I figure for my own collection not resale I'll give the KO modulars a try, the ones out of print anyway. And as much as I'd love the Technic Porsche, no chance in hell I'll pay MSRP or remotely close to it, particularly when it's not in the color I'd prefer and I can take a gamble on a variety of colors at a fifth or even sixth of the cost.

The DeCool custom/modified Deadpool "variants" I got are insanely good quality - in terms of not only material and coloration, but the detailing paint jobs as well. And they cost me something like $.50-.75 per minifig, which is insane. At $1 or even $2 per minifig I'd buy literally a TON of figs for the collection and otherwise, of course it would depend on which figs but I've gotten KOs/customs of the larger figs i.e. the Hulks for $1-$1.50 a piece, even $2 a piece is great for those.

Hell I'd pay upwards of $5 a pop for official Lego ones but those dumbfucks would rather put them in a single set that is underproduced and once sold out, provides obscene profit margins to resellers rather than sell the rare figs individually at Lego shops or online. They (the family behind the Lego Group) could literally make a million a piece of the original large Hulk and even small Hulk figs and plenty of others and sell them online and in their stores for a steep markup and take the profit they are missing/giving up to resellers and counterfeiters quite easily. But instead, they are arrogant fucktards who think they know economics and business well despite almost running their company into the ground some time ago. They thrive off the good will of their dedicated fans however they can and often will turn on a dime.

What they should do at the very least is reissue any and every high value minifig and unique/special piece in history (flags or other etched pieces that were only available in a single or couple/few sets, rare pieces that were never available in mass etc.) at a significant but not obscene markup...sell them as official reissues, in new polybags whatever - they will already be differentiated from the SDCC exclusives and others by their polybags or lack thereof. Think getting an "official" Phoenix or Mr. Gold for $5 or even $10-20 a piece but obviously not the limited original run versus a $.50-$1.00 or even $2.00 knockoff. If half a billion Chinese can knock them off and pump them out at a cost to them of what has to be a fraction of a cent or even a few cents per fig, I have no doubt Lego can make official ones at a healthy profit. Idiots are penny wise pound foolish, literally leaving hundreds of millions if not billions on the table.

Are you buying these deadpools from aliexpress?

Are you buying these deadpools from aliexpress?
I did get some figs there, but eBay and Amazon even had figs and bundles for very low pricing relative to aliexpress and dhgate (which is basically the wholesale/manufacturer link-up site...even lower price per unit but you'd have to buy in MASSIVE bulk quantities to get pricing that made it worthwhile).

There's a Deadpool team set that comes with a KO of the official fig, one that I think is based on the movie outfit with "battle damage"/bullet holes, a yellow costume one, a white X-Men costume one, a grey X-Force costume one, and one that looks like a Deathstroke variant, based on I think the previous Teen Titans cartoon that was a bit more serious than the Teen Titans Go cartoon. They each come with the double sword sling, a pair of swords, and a pair of guns.

I've also gotten the Suicide Squad variants/KOs and they are fantastic as well. The one problem I've had is finding a source where I can pick the figs I want individually say 1-2 of fig X, 1 of fig Y, 3 of fig Z etc. as a one stop shop (at least one that has all or at least most of all the knock offs and variants available). Most are in bundles of 6-8 or upwards of 24, 30, or even 50 minifigs that are rarely logical. For instance there is a Fantastic Four bundle that is widely available with the larger Ben Grimm figure but not the smaller regular size one, and another that has the smaller Ben Grimm - it's either or. There is also a set based on the recent extra-shitty FF movie, and the Thing fig looks INCREDIBLY bad. Not sure where these guys came up with the design on it, but they literally gave it Jimmy Durante's nose x 10,000:

HEROES ASSEMBLE!

512P99uoPDL._SX425_.jpg

But a couple of those figs are cool as hell, like the clear Invisible Woman and fully en fuego Human Torch. Haven't seen those individually though. Here is the "original" FF custom set, but it comes with 3 Human Torchessesszes, I'd rather have another figure's variant like a shiny Silver Surfer, invisible/transparent (or partially so) Invisible Woman, stretchy Mr. Fantastic or better yet the small Thing figure.

51h3rGLju4L._SX425_.jpg
0cced4037b59998453e6f55b99a011d8.jpg

I don't even know what to make of this set, between the Thing's rock titties and Johnny Storm's...extra pigmentation:

bengrimm0507b.jpg

Then there are these large Thing fig variants, no idea why you would need so many of these (or why Hulk needs a wrench):

518GBbfP1FL.jpg

I got this set of 34, but as you can see it makes no logical sense as to the figs it comes with...although how can you beat General Zod with a bullhorn:

61E4H2RIcHL._SX425_.jpg

Also got this set of large Hulks, it's great.

4pcs-Green-Red-Yellow-Grey-Giant-Hulk-Mini-Figure-Super-Hero-Kid-Building-Blocks-Sets-Model.jpg

Here's the Deadpool set I was talking about, although it doesn't show the actual gray scale of the gray X-Force suit all that well, here it looks like the white suit:

61ZX2KOcpaL._SX425_.jpg

Regarding solo minifigures, it's partly Hasbro's fault. They have the license for producing action figures so they got upset when Lego started making the detachable magnet figures for cheap. Hasbro felt Lego was intruding on their territory so Lego in turn started gluing them. At least they still have the key chains.
Hasbro sued LEGO in 2000-2001 for producing minifigure packs that were just a card, a minifigure and a stand. Hasbro won. It's why we have Star Wars battlepacks.

The magnets were different. That was Star Wars not wanting expensive mini figures made into cheap sets. They wanted LEGO to only keep the exclusive minifies in higher priced sets so those sets sold more and they would increase sales. LEGO listened because it's Star Wars.

However we will never ever in a million years see another Deadpool minifigure as Deadpool is a rated R movie. It's fine for Rabbit Woman to be a CMF with two machine guns in The LEGO Batman Movie, but Deadpool draws a line LEGO will not cross. :lol:

People might want to wait until next month to buy the 2017 sets. Free Disco AND Clown Batman poly with $75 purchase at LEGO Store.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-batman-movie-disco-batman-tears-of-batman-30607-polybag-promotion-in-february/

Damn I just wanted the deadpool minifigure set but it's $18 on Amazon for the 6 variants bundle.
The one Kark bought is only $23 for 36 mini figures.

https://smile.amazon.com/Marvel-Heroes-Minifigures-Avengers-Building/dp/B01EXAIT7S/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_3_dp

If you want to take a chance this set looks okay and is only a $1 a figure (Less than $9). Plus you get different characters instead of just different Deadpools.

https://smile.amazon.com/Huanghuang-Avengers-minifigures-Deadpool-dhnewsun/dp/B01CVDIVXG/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1483201647&sr=8-14&keywords=deadpool+minifigure

Damn I just wanted the deadpool minifigure set but it's $18 on Amazon for the 6 variants bundle.
Before Christmas I got them for $4.40 per set free shipping from this company. 75 cents per Deadpool fig, yeah that's not too shabby. They seem to be the cheapest seller of minifigs on Amazon. I've gotten some as low as 50 cents per fig or even slightly less but that is in large bulk quanity. I would just wait for them to be restocked by other sellers because at the time about a month ago, there were many sellers asking $4.50-$7 per set for those.

This seller, "Life Favor", still has part of the Suicide Squad for cheap as well as the 4 pack of large Hulk figs for cheap. Also a couple of larger sets that work out to roughly 75 cents a fig and the quality on them is excellent, like the 34 Marvel/DC bundle for $23 shipped which Green Giant pointed out above. That set is pretty awesome outside of not coming with a Thing/Ben Grimm to complete the FF. They also appear to have KO PS3 controllers, though that I don't think I'd take a gamble on.

I also took a chance on the Jurassic Park 7 or 8 Dino set for like $5 ish per set, knowing that the T Rex, Indominous Rex, and Triceratops were the smaller scale/raptor size, but could be used as "babies" or juveniles. The figs are fantastic. I just wish they had more options/bundles available, especially in terms of SW figs, Indiana Jones, and some of the newer and custom figs. The Game of Thrones set of 12 comes to mind but I'm waiting for pricing to come down. I've seen good pricing on them on DHGate and aliexpress but only in bulk.

Last night I grabbed the city pizza van for myself and the Krypto polybag for the wife at TRU
This morning I got Penguins arctic roller at target.
All paid with gift cards from Christmas so that was nice

Awesome.  I'll have to keep an eye out for those.  I picked up the new Batman movie one from Target with Batman vs. some laser firing drone.  Which store will be carrying that 2 pack of disco Batman and whichever other one it was?  

Awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for those. I picked up the new Batman movie one from Target with Batman vs. some laser firing drone. Which store will be carrying that 2 pack of disco Batman and whichever other one it was?
The disco polybag is a lego store promo for febuary $75.

That laser firing drone thing is the phantom zone.

I also took a chance on the Jurassic Park 7 or 8 Dino set for like $5 ish per set, knowing that the T Rex, Indominous Rex, and Triceratops were the smaller scale/raptor size, but could be used as "babies" or juveniles. The figs are fantastic. I just wish they had more options/bundles available, especially in terms of SW figs, Indiana Jones, and some of the newer and custom figs. The Game of Thrones set of 12 comes to mind but I'm waiting for pricing to come down. I've seen good pricing on them on DHGate and aliexpress but only in bulk.
I keep meaning to buy the ripoff dinosaurs. Yeah they are Smaller but look amazing and saves me a ton of money.

I also will probably buy town people back when it goes back below $5 for 10 figures. They were like $3 before Christmas but I already had enough orders to try to keep track of. Great for just extra hands. I need extra hands.

Speaking of extra hands, LEGO made a think that you stick in the mini figures hands and them push down on it and it flings the thing. I'll try to find a link, but that seems like a great way to have minifigure hands break.

I'm waiting for the 60s Batman to drop in price. Want Catwoman and Joker.
https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Minifigures-Building-Cartoon-Figures/dp/B01H7LCITK/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cp_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01H7LCITK&pd_rd_r=529AF7X18BRJABFCZ65B&pd_rd_w=rYyR9&pd_rd_wg=Ecd2q&psc=1&refRID=529AF7X18BRJABFCZ65B

And Star Wars and Deadpool Santas? Yes please.

https://www.amazon.com/Selling-Building-New-Christmas-Minifigure/dp/B01MYS2H52/ref=sr_1_9?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1483213698&sr=1-9&keywords=minifigures+santa

bread's done
Back