LEGO Deals 3

I think you have forgotten what 'retiring soon' actually means, pretty much nothing. They have sets in production waves. They probably have Black Widow selling a lot slower than the others so the others might get another production when she won't. That's all, she is retiring soon from production but still be around in stores.
She's discounted though. And moved to the clearance section at the Lego Store. Kinda like the TFA construction stuff. Out of the main section and then gone when they're gone.

She's discounted though. And moved to the clearance section at the Lego Store. Kinda like the TFA construction stuff. Out of the main section and then gone when they're gone.
Of course she is discounted. She a female Marvel super hero, her value is only 80% of the male Marvel super hero, LEGO is just following the rules Disney put forth.

Got the Classic tv batman set from the Lego store today, got another tote bag. Almost caught up in my big set wants, next up is the Slave 1.

Yeah I pulled the trigger on the classic TV Batman set too, as I haven't been able to find it clearanced in the system at any random Target.  A slight discount and double points is better than nothing.  Of course, I could always order the KO figure set or even the KO set from 'Gina

Mattel now owns Mega Bloks/Construx so hopefully they get better. I really like their mini action figures from their sets. But I still only plan on buying them for 50-70% off until that happens. I'm interested in the quality of the Pokémon sets if anyone picks one up and would like to share their thoughts.

blandstalker, the Enterprise set was a pain to build especially at 2 points with me too. You can get parts replaced for free online or over the phone via Mattel.
My 6 year old son picked up the Charizard set and the Pikachu / Poke Ball set with his birthday money this weekend. The build was fine, though he did have trouble snapping some pieces together so I had to help him out. I think they are well done and detailed, but they do suffer a bit from some of the pieces not staying together if you move them around too much. If you leave them on the shelf, they will be fine. Charizard looks like it's meant as a shelf piece and not for play anyway with the stand it comes with. All in all they look great on his shelf and he was very happy with them.

My 6 year old son picked up the Charizard set and the Pikachu / Poke Ball set with his birthday money this weekend. The build was fine, though he did have trouble snapping some pieces together so I had to help him out. I think they are well done and detailed, but they do suffer a bit from some of the pieces not staying together if you move them around too much. If you leave them on the shelf, they will be fine. Charizard looks like it's meant as a shelf piece and not for play anyway with the stand it comes with. All in all they look great on his shelf and he was very happy with them.
Thanks encendido5! I think I'll buy a couple of the Poke Ball sets and put them together in the parking lot first. Then my daughter and nephew can decide if they want one too.

Life really gets in the way of LEGO. An eBay seller had a full set of series 17, and then 14 out 16. The full set went for $47 (25% off plus no tax.) and the 14 went for only $33. That's nearly half off. :/ 

I want to get a set before NinjaGo comes out because I feel like after LEGO made a billion Batman figures they will cut series 17 short.

Life really gets in the way of LEGO. An eBay seller had a full set of series 17, and then 14 out 16. The full set went for $47 (25% off plus no tax.) and the 14 went for only $33. That's nearly half off. :/

I want to get a set before NinjaGo comes out because I feel like after LEGO made a billion Batman figures they will cut series 17 short.
Just wait for Geo to have a fire sale here when he buys 3 boxes.

Target summer clearance incoming, saw the Frozen Ice Castle for $40, most of the Friends theme park, super hero girls, some city, nexo knights, & ninjago.

Seems like the store closest to me kick started it early, other stores don't seem to have anything yet.

Thanks for the head's up.  The giant Frozen castle will be a nice addition for the little one.  EDIT: Meh, not discounted anywhere close.  I'll keep an eye out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wait for Geo to have a fire sale here when he buys 3 boxes.
We need to convince him to buy the boxes this time.

Thanks for the head's up. The giant Frozen castle will be a nice addition for the little one. EDIT: Meh, not discounted anywhere close. I'll keep an eye out though.

Don't worry, you cold always find the 2018 Frozen Castle on sale, the the 2019, and 2020, and 2021. It's going to be the girl's version of Police Stations.

Not doing boxes anymore. Around here people just want bootlegs for a buck each at shows :/ 

Went to the Woodland Hills LEGO store while on vacation. I'm half expecting the wife to order the ferris wheel and the newer carnival piece now.

You come out here and don't try to tag team with me or karkyo? There's another one can't remember who lives in the valley, even elessar123 but San Diego is a crap hole. =p

Screw that! I live in Rochester NY, the ghetto of ghettos, one of the poorest places in the country. Third worst educational system.

Yet the rents, you think you were in Boston or Seattle.

MEIJER has 50% off ALL CLEARANCE Toys today.  I picked up the LEGO Star Wars Rebels Rex AT-TE thing for $35ish.

They had a good amount on clearance.  Got a LEGO Friends thing for $10 ($25 normally).  I restrained myself though.  Lots of NEXO Knights, some STar Wars, some Lego City (Volcano Set), some Minecraft, some friends, some Princess.

You come out here and don't try to tag team with me or karkyo? There's another one can't remember who lives in the valley, even elessar123 but San Diego is a crap hole. =p
We were at Anime Expo most of the time, but my dad lives near a mall with a LEGO store so we stopped there for dinner one night.

Meijer here had one LEGO set left on clearance. One of the friends ones, I think supermarket? Either way after discount it was $10, so I grabbed it for her. Even if she has it, it's parts.

We were at Anime Expo most of the time, but my dad lives near a mall with a LEGO store so we stopped there for dinner one night.

Meijer here had one LEGO set left on clearance. One of the friends ones, I think supermarket? Either way after discount it was $10, so I grabbed it for her. Even if she has it, it's parts.
Part wise that is one of the best sets you can buy, just loaded with great printed pieces and a ton of dingle berries.

Ask big daddy, he's all about the dingle berry

And girl on girl jet skiing. Love when the 'straight' guys (wearing white bathing suits) over compensate trying to hid their true desires....

Dingle berries.

MEIJER has 50% off ALL CLEARANCE Toys today. I picked up the LEGO Star Wars Rebels Rex AT-TE thing for $35ish.

They had a good amount on clearance. Got a LEGO Friends thing for $10 ($25 normally). I restrained myself though. Lots of NEXO Knights, some STar Wars, some Lego City (Volcano Set), some Minecraft, some friends, some Princess.
Wow, I don't think mine has gone 50% off yet. But I've heard of others so I'm still waiting. Mine still has Kylo Ren's shuttle, the AT-TE, and a Clone Turbo Tank.

Wow, I don't think mine has gone 50% off yet. But I've heard of others so I'm still waiting. Mine still has Kylo Ren's shuttle, the AT-TE, and a Clone Turbo Tank.
It may have been a one day only event. Thy had some Christmas in July sale. It was an ADDITIONAL 50% off clearance, making them like 65%-75% off. Kylo shuttle was not on clearance at mine. Had like 3 AT-TE, but I only got 1.

It may have been a one day only event. Thy had some Christmas in July sale. It was an ADDITIONAL 50% off clearance, making them like 65%-75% off. Kylo shuttle was not on clearance at mine. Had like 3 AT-TE, but I only got 1.
I think the additional 50% is at the discretion of the store manager. We had the Christmas in July sale but did not have the extra % off clearance. There are several items already clearanced but still way too high (the original price on the Kylo Shuttle was like $120 or $130, so now it's marked at $87) so I've been waiting for them to do the extra 50%. My store in general doesn't appear to have a ton of clearance right now, so maybe that's why they haven't done anything big yet.

You moved out of MA?
Yes, then stupidly moved back. I forgot the 'd' on lived. Rochester is bragging today that they build lux lofts starting at $1555 a month. While minimum wage, which is something like 80% of the work force, would make $1552 BEFORE taxes if they were lucky enough to have a full time job.

As the great fake ad once read "Rochester slums, NYC prices". However there is a LEGO store I used to ride too that had a very odd kinky gay guy cashier. :lol:

EDIT!!!! Everything I ever said about Rochester, while true, I take back. They are showing The LEGO Batman Movie next Thursday ON THE BEACH!!!!!

Just did a random Brickseek check and one of the Walmarts in my area had the Y-Wing for $25. Quantity of 0. D'oh!
That might just be an auto thing. They probably never had any for that price. Some stores lower the price of sets in the system even if they don't have any. One store in CT used to have $1 and $3 sets all the time because of that.

LEGO 75136 Star Wars Droid Escape Pod Back in stock at Target for delivery or free in store pickup. Kind of a deal considering you don't have to pay scalper/flipper prices. Good set for the parts and Minifigs.

So.... Amazon just had a crazy glitch for Prime Day.  $40 PS4 and 3DS games were going for $11 or so.  Somehow, someone noticed that it worked on lego too and got a bunch of the Batman sets for around 60% off.  I got a bunch of games, but getting lego for that kind of a discount would have been pretty sweet.

Damn. I knew I shouldn't have bothered with cooking dinner today and get some premade 'food'.

I need a few more Batman sets, including the $120 Ultimate Batmobile. Plus Kirby, Yoshi and some other 3DS game I want.

Lame that TRU isn't including LEGO with the 20% off
You're upset you can't get LEGO for MSRP?

Next week or so they will have a 15% off coupon and it will include LEGO sets. They have these 'sales' all the time.

Also Prime Deal Ferris Wheel is $150.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by LEGO's sudden favoring of Europe? They get certain sets for 20 Pounds / Euros that are 40 dollars in the USA. Now you get the free biggie (bear or something else) bank for $75USD and in Europe you get it for around $63.

You're upset you can't get LEGO for MSRP?

Next week or so they will have a 15% off coupon and it will include LEGO sets. They have these 'sales' all the time.

Also Prime Deal Ferris Wheel is $150.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by LEGO's sudden favoring of Europe? They get certain sets for 20 Pounds / Euros that are 40 dollars in the USA. Now you get the free biggie (bear or something else) bank for $75USD and in Europe you get it for around $63.
It's 20% off plus $5 in rewards, was hoping it would work on sale items too.

It's 20% off plus $5 in rewards, was hoping it would work on sale items too.
You completely pissed my point. If the coupon worked with LEGO then there wouldn't have been any LEGO on sale. They have done that the last few times. Have a 15% off coupon and sets are 10-15% more than MSRP and 25% more than they were the day before the 15% off coupon.

I blame Obama
It started after Putin started fucking Trump.

So clearly it's Mrs. Clinton's fault.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Prime Day! A day where all DVDs and Blu are 10% off after Amazon increased all their prices by 30% last night! Woohoo!

You do save $5 off$15 on books, and there are books with minifigures like the upcoming black Green Lantern book / set that's $10.49 after coupon.

https://smile.amazon.com/Comics-Super-Heroes-Build-Adventure/dp/1465460896/ref=sr_1_19?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1499783582&sr=1-19&keywords=lego

Then there is Scottish Batman, three of them for $11.65.

https://smile.amazon.com/Chaos-Gotham-City-Batman-Movie/dp/1338112120/ref=sr_1_55?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1499783631&sr=1-55&keywords=lego

Then there are books with white Boba Fett, zombie skater, Emperor PalPatine, Pirate Batman.

Code: PRIMEBOOKS17

You completely pissed my point. If the coupon worked with LEGO then there wouldn't have been any LEGO on sale. They have done that the last few times. Have a 15% off coupon and sets are 10-15% more than MSRP and 25% more than they were the day before the 15% off coupon.
They have MSRP sets. Obviously not as good as Target's discounts, but it's not nothing.

I need a few more Batman sets, including the $120 Ultimate Batmobile. Plus Kirby, Yoshi and some other 3DS game I want.
Just came from Wal-mart, where a crapload of sets went on clearance. Not as good as the Prime Day glitch, but still decent. Most Lego Batman sets were on clearance, and a lot of Force Awakens sets.

Ultimate Batmobile: 99

Batwing: 64

Batcave: 59

Scuttler: 49

Clayface: 21

Coulson/Iron Man set: 21

Ra's al Ghul set: 21

Kamala Khan set: 15

SW Rathtar Attack: 54

Resistance X-Wing: 48

U-Wing (I forget)

All Brickheds were on sale for 7. Mini Micros were also on sale.

I finally just built the Ra's set after taking a ~6 month break from Lego and man, that's a nice litttle set. Liked it much, much better than Doc Strange's Sanctum.The Strange set looks great finished, but I hated the actual building party, whereas I loved building the Lazarus Pit and Dune buggy for the Ra's set.

I took a semi-large break after I bought a ton of Lego sets in January with deals and have just been sitting on them and waiting for the mood to strike. Luckily, it finally did this past week. Still got 6 sets left to build and I just bought two more (Republic tank and Vulture sets). I tell ya, i think my burn out can be entirely blamed on the Lego Batman movie sets. I built like 8 of those in a very short time span and I think it murdered my interest in Lego for a minute. My only complaint with that is that I've missed all the Lego Batman minifigs and it turns out I still need Catman.

We haven't built much lately either.  LEGO just seems to be more of a Fall/Winter (cool weather) thing for us.  If it's nice out, we're swimming.  

That aside, vacations and summer camps for the kiddos are done, so I'm ready to delve into my Saturn V in the near future.  I also bought my daughter the Creator Detective Office for her birthday this weekend.  

We haven't built much lately either. LEGO just seems to be more of a Fall/Winter (cool weather) thing for us. If it's nice out, we're swimming.

That aside, vacations and summer camps for the kiddos are done, so I'm ready to delve into my Saturn V in the near future. I also bought my daughter the Creator Detective Office for her birthday this weekend.
Same here. My six year old was begging for the Spiderman Bridge for months and is only a third through it after getting it for his birthday a month ago. We need to make room for Ninjago City so I'm going to sell some older Chima, Star Wars, and Ninjago sets for about half retail unless some are ultra collectable. I keep boxes and bag the stuff but some were S&D from the good old days of deep Lego store discounts. If anyone is interested I can list here or PM what we're getting rid of.

We haven't built much lately either. LEGO just seems to be more of a Fall/Winter (cool weather) thing for us. If it's nice out, we're swimming.

That aside, vacations and summer camps for the kiddos are done, so I'm ready to delve into my Saturn V in the near future. I also bought my daughter the Creator Detective Office for her birthday this weekend.
Just finished building the Chinese knockoff version of the Saturn V... pretty awesome set. I was missing one piece (small black connector peg), but it didn't turn out to be a big deal. I can't be 100% sure that I didn't lose it myself. For everything else, the fit and look was great... and there are certainly some tricky spots to fit things into.

The rocket looks fantastic on display as a single piece, but I wish the included stand pieces were suited for displaying the stages separately, which looks even better, I think. There's only one narrow stand piece for each detachable section, so it seems pretty precarious to display like that. Guess I'll have to build some additional stand pieces from scraps.

Gardener here. But it's been a rainy season so far and I need more sun. The growing season is half over and I'm trying to get everything in the ground for the year but the rain... ugh....

bread's done
Back