LEGO Deals 3

well, just ordered the modular Brick Bank.  I'm going to do the worlds slowest LEGO build.  :lol:   

We've been working Dave Ramsey's financial babystep plan with our finances and wanted to tie something cool for working on paying off the house.  What better way to celebrate paying off debt than building something representing money?  Funny enough, I've been collecting the modulars since the Firehouse and the Bank was the next on the buy list anyway.  It was almost like a sign.  ;)

So the way I have it figured out, for every $75 we pay down on the principle will equal 1 single LEGO piece.  Hopefully this will help push us to pay extra toward the principle each month.  So starting out only 4 pieces/month that will get added.   

I think I'm going to take pictures along the way to make a time lapse vid, as this is going to be at least a 7+ year build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these may be price drops for the whole holiday season. Got the TRU big book in the mail today and Kylo starfighter, BB-8 and the Scout walker are all listed at the sale prices.

FYI, here's a rundown of Nov/Dec Lego store promotions (not sure if this is an exhaustive list):

Nov 1-15 Free 24 in 1 Countdown Calendar w/ $99 purchase

Nov 18-19 VIP Only Double Pts and Free Nutcracker w/ $99 purchase

Nov 24-27 Free Nutcracker w/ $99 purchase and free canvas tote bag w/ $199 purchase

Dec 1-15 Free Master Wu keychain w/ $35 purchase

Dec 8-10 VIP Double Pts

Dec 8-17 Free Mini London Bus w/ $75 purchase (nice to see this come back)

Dec 15-Jan 15 Free Darth Vadar Pod w/ $60 Star Wars purchase

Question on how Lego points are accumulated? It seems like points are only accumulated based on the actual amount being charged, not necessarily, the cost of the item.

Just bought the Ninjago City for $299, in the checkout, it said I would get 599 points (double). I applied 800 points I had from the MF. My receipt shows I only received 519 points for the order.

Question on how Lego points are accumulated? It seems like points are only accumulated based on the actual amount being charged, not necessarily, the cost of the item.

Just bought the Ninjago City for $299, in the checkout, it said I would get 599 points (double). I applied 800 points I had from the MF. My receipt shows I only received 519 points for the order.
Yep, they only take what you actually paid into account.

FYI, here's a rundown of Nov/Dec Lego store promotions (not sure if this is an exhaustive list):

Nov 1-15 Free 24 in 1 Countdown Calendar w/ $99 purchase

Nov 18-19 VIP Only Double Pts and Free Nutcracker w/ $99 purchase

Nov 24-27 Free Nutcracker w/ $99 purchase and free canvas tote bag w/ $199 purchase

Dec 1-15 Free Master Wu keychain w/ $35 purchase

Dec 8-10 VIP Double Pts

Dec 8-17 Free Mini London Bus w/ $75 purchase (nice to see this come back)

Dec 15-Jan 15 Free Darth Vadar Pod w/ $60 Star Wars purchase
The Tote should be available Nov 18-19 as well right? Also, if you spent $199+, would you get just the tote or the tote and Nutcracker?

Is it the same tote they had s while back? If so they seem descent, we have three that we use for the stores. They handle the heavy items pretty good and they are pretty good size.

You don’t get points on redemptions, only on dollar amount spent.

That is one sad looking Millennium Falcon. Someone who has the UCS MF should display the Target one with it lol
Is there anyone in this CAG thread with the UCS Falcon?

On a related note, I just picked up some custom cut Lexan for the sides of a glass coffee table. Now I just need time to install them.

Not the new one, I wanted to get it but I couldn't justify the price without double points and not knowing if there was going to be anything special next year.

On a related note, I just picked up some custom cut Lexan for the sides of a glass coffee table. Now I just need time to install them.
No as I find it to be a piece of shit. I honestly like the 'regular' one more. If I had unlimited money it would be the second to the last set I'd buy.

I have one. It’s stashed away in my closet until I decide what to do with it (LEGO fan in me wants to build it but the collector side of me wants to keep it sealed). To be quite honest, I think I’m more excited about the exclusive VIP card than the actual set. By the way, anyone else get the UCS Falcon AND also receive their new VIP card yet?

I was thinking about getting it, but I got a root canal and crown instead. :-({|=

I've noticed my son, who will be turning 13 soon, is becoming more interested in clothes and video games and less interested in Legos. I was thinking of going big this xmas as "last hurrah" with the Falcon or Death Star. Falcon looks less likely though with its limited availability.

I have one. It’s stashed away in my closet until I decide what to do with it (LEGO fan in me wants to build it but the collector side of me wants to keep it sealed). To be quite honest, I think I’m more excited about the exclusive VIP card than the actual set. By the way, anyone else get the UCS Falcon AND also receive their new VIP card yet?
I don't plan on selling it, so I already opened it to take a look at it. To me, the building experience is the highlight of this build. I think the memories of building this with my kids will be priceless.

I haven't received my VIP card yet.

I didn't realize the VIP launch would be the only shot to get it. was planning on buying it at midnight on the official launch...but lego fucked up shocker

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Lepin/LeLe/DeCool/etc., but this is one thing I quite like: anybody who orders a Lepin knockoff of a Lego set is 100%, guaranteed, actually building it. Which is what Lego is supposed to be all about. (But I certainly understand the urge to just leave Lego sets in their boxes... I have lots of those, unfortunately.)

AWD holiday season is starting. There was the Water Striker for $19.50 (One of you bitches beat me to it?) and a $35 Two-Face set. Also a $35 Nightcrawler set from Justice League and a $98 non-mobile Nexo castle. Not a lot, but they are adding things more than the last few months.

I caved and nabbed a Ninjago Movie Green Ninja Mech Dragon for $30 + tax off AWD in Very Good condition last week. They do seem to be adding more things!

By the way, has anyone seen or would anyone be able to share an image of the Darth Vader pod that's mentioned for December promos?

By the way, has anyone seen or would anyone be able to share an image of the Darth Vader pod that's mentioned for December promos?
I haven't. We are getting a neat red Batman next year and a weird Robin.

Also the dragon is awesome, I bought him a few weeks back from AWD, looks great on my desk.

EDIT - Too much coffee today and I can't sleep, but I just scored a NinjaGo Movie Temple for $39.89. No idea what condition it is in to make Amazon take 50% off of their price. I didn't want to worry checking what it said and miss out on ordering it.

I caved and nabbed a Ninjago Movie Green Ninja Mech Dragon for $30 + tax off AWD in Very Good condition last week. They do seem to be adding more things!

I’ve only seen a small fuzzy thumbnail from a store employee. It basically looks like The Lego Batman Movie Pod polybag
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/337/31883333832_b0cff229af.jpg

Went to the TRU Lego build today. They had a coupon good for today for 40% Scariff, Carbonite Set and AT-ST. Also with the free mini-figures at $50. Too bad they ran out of the sets. The nearest TRU was 25 minutes away, so no go for me.

Went to the TRU Lego build today. They had a coupon good for today for 40% Scariff, Carbonite Set and AT-ST. Also with the free mini-figures at $50. Too bad they ran out of the sets. The nearest TRU was 25 minutes away, so no go for me.
The star wars lego sets are also 20% off this week, which stacks with the 40% off coupon today only.

I was able to get the Carbonite Set AT-ST and another plus the free minifigures for around $50

We’re the coupons only given out during the event or available all day?
They were on the table during the build. I'm not sure what happened to them after the build was over. I'm assuming that it would have been picked up with everything else.

The coupon was only good for today and in store only.

TRU just got worst. =/

The star wars lego sets are also 20% off this week, which stacks with the 40% off coupon today only.

I was able to get the Carbonite Set AT-ST and another plus the free minifigures for around $50
I managed to do the same, I don't think the Carbonite is worth the price at TRU though, it's been $17.49 at Target for ages.

TRU just got worst. =/

I managed to do the same, I don't think the Carbonite is worth the price at TRU though, it's been $17.49 at Target for ages.

Somehow TRU found a way to suck more! That's impressive. But really, it might have to do with the bankruptcy and owing LEGO $35 million.

The Carbonite set was $12-14 on Amazon last Christmas.

Yes it was couple weeks ago during the Ninjago minibuild, it was 40% off three or four different Ninjago sets
Damn, I should show up more. 405 off TRU price would almost be on sale.

If you haven’t noticed in the dimensions thread, promos are stacking at Target.com

Picked up 3 team packs for $35 and three characters for $16

If you haven’t noticed in the dimensions thread, promos are stacking at Target.com

Picked up 3 team packs for $35 and three characters for $16
I placed 3-4 orders. Because I bought one for my sister I screwed up and didn't get Finn as I think the error is now corrected. Hopefully they ship.

I was going to order two Finns (return one) and a MI. Then another order with three more Cybermen. I have 4-5 Cybermen when they were like $3 awhile back but I just love them too much.

You’re right... it’s dead. :(
Thanks for the heads up though, I'm never in the Gaming forum because I have such a backlog of 3DS games. Weirdly my orders haven't shipped but it's supposed to arrive Friday. So here's to hoping, Now I just need to find Finn for like $10.

LEGO, continuing to be the toy for the 1%, will release the now second biggest set ever, the Taj Mahal on December 1st for $370 or some insane price like that. That's a $70 increase for a piece count increase of 1. That's one expensive piece.

Can't be that much longer until Corner Cafe gets released for $200+.

bread's done
Back