LEGO Deals 3

LEGO, continuing to be the toy for the 1%, will release the now second biggest set ever, the Taj Mahal on December 1st for $370 or some insane price like that. That's a $70 increase for a piece count increase of 1. That's one expensive piece.

Can't be that much longer until Corner Cafe gets released for $200+.
So I should sell my used Taj for ~$1,000 and buy the new Taj and the Falcon? Awesome!

So, you are complaining that they are releasing taj mahal again because you would prefer to pay $1000 for it?
That's what im confused about too. If Lego is re-releasing these huge sets at a significant discount compared to resellers, why would that be a bad thing?

LEGO, continuing to be the toy for the 1%, will release the now second biggest set ever, the Taj Mahal on December 1st for $370 or some insane price like that. That's a $70 increase for a piece count increase of 1. That's one expensive piece.
In Lego's defense, a price increase of $70 over 9 years is just a little more than inflation.

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem is LEGO releases too many sets a year, complain sales are down, but it's impossible to keep up with 2-3 $300+ sets A MONTH. They used to do that many in a year. 

Also the scalers, I mean investors will be pissed, that makes me happy, but it also will lower LEGO sales even more. Which they will use as an excuse to do stupid shit.

I rather LEGO put the time and energy into making more of the current sets. Some are only out a month before they are retired. The Female Science set was out for 6 hours and sold out years ago. LEGO claimed they couldn't make more because they needed to use the factories to make other sets. I rather use the factory time to make new sets, rather than some random thing.

And no one seems to remember last Fall's LEGO Catalog? The first 15 pages didn't have a set less than $100 in it, and the whole thing had like 5 sets less than $50. I liked the 'old days' of 10-15 years ago when LEGO would come out and go "We are a children's toy, we aren't aiming at the adults", yet now it seems we get the same old shit in the 'cheap' themes and get 2-3 huge expensive sets a month for adults and the super rich.

Also of all the things to release it seems like a weird pick. However at least LEGO is doing the easiest way to take out Lepin.

On a UCS MF related note, I was trying to decide what to do with my display coffee table since it is 54" in length compared to the 33" of the MF. So I debated buying the UCS X-Wing and found out that they aren't in scale.

It looks like the new T70 X-Wings are closer in scale, so I may just display my blue Poe X-Wing in the same display now.

On a UCS MF related note, I was trying to decide what to do with my display coffee table since it is 54" in length compared to the 33" of the MF. So I debated buying the UCS X-Wing and found out that they aren't in scale.

It looks like the new T70 X-Wings are closer in scale, so I may just display my blue Poe X-Wing in the same display now.
Stick all the other scale Falcons in it. There are several micro ones, an older mid one, that lovely free Target one. ;)

Stick all the other scale Falcons in it. There are several micro ones, an older mid one, that lovely free Target one. ;)
If TFA MF drops to below $75, I may just get it. Although I wish I saw that Micro Falcon before I put my order in for the Ninjago City. I would have loved to buy the pieces for that and just make it.

Also of all the things to release it seems like a weird pick. However at least LEGO is doing the easiest way to take out Lepin.
They are just eliminating the small segment of people who were looking at the ridiculous resellers market as justification to buy the KO. It's just a small step to the left to start saying the re-releases are milking for cash due to the markups to justify a growing Lepin collection. That said, anything to lower the value of these older mediocre sets with mythical resell value.

Also, totally see a Cafe Corner coming with a completed interior as their "reason" for a re-release. ;)

Also, totally see a Cafe Corner coming with a completed interior as their "reason" for a re-release. ;)
Someone elsewhere pointed out that LEGO would need to redo the whole thing because the old corner door was 5 studs tall and no longer made. So the new corner piece would be 6 studs tall. Plus LEGO doesn't make those type skis anymore, and it didn't have the new style window. LEGO could make a really nice redone CC.

I think the bigger issue is that the early modulars were huge and now out of scale with the newer sets.

I was able to finish modifying my glass coffee table for the UCS Falcon. I started off with this table. I had 4 clear panels (Maktrolon/Lexan) custom cut to enclosed the coffee table. This way, I can keep prying fingers from it and also a lot of dust. The benefit of using this table is that it's sturdy and I can actually use it as a table and not worry about scratching plexiglass.

https://www.hayneedle.com/product/coaster-company-of-america-glass-top-coffee-table-black-nickel.cfm

Dimensions are 54W x 23D x 15H in., so plenty of room for the MF.

master:COA2019.jpg

I used 3/4" corner braces and drilled a hole in the metal frame to attach them by screws.

Tl5Bxvg.jpg

I then used a center punch to mark the Makrolon (Lexan) where the corner brace was.

1TbnFl7.jpg

I then used a bolt with a sleeve and connected it with a nut.

wFC8BGW.jpg

Used the Rebel X-Wing as a placeholder until I have time to build the MF. The Makrolon is a lot more transparent than I would have originally guessed. I can't even tell it's there from a distance.

v9QwIkO.jpg

Target screwed up my Dimensions order. I have to call and see what they can fix. So I might be still looking for Beetlejuice, Powderpuff Girl, Teen Titans fun packs and Adventure Time Level Pack. Im rarely in the gaming topic so if there are any deals please let me know.

Target screwed up my Dimensions order. I have to call and see what they can fix. So I might be still looking for Beetlejuice, Powderpuff Girl, Teen Titans fun packs and Adventure Time Level Pack. Im rarely in the gaming topic so if there are any deals please let me know.
What did they do, give you the wrong stuff? I'm sure you can go to the store and exchange it, I got all my stuff a few days ago. Finally finished up the the rest of the clan.

What did they do, give you the wrong stuff? I'm sure you can go to the store and exchange it, I got all my stuff a few days ago. Finally finished up the the rest of the clan.
Yeah they screwed up half the fun packs.. I was supposed to get Powderpuff, Beetlejuice, and Teen Titan. Instead I got GB Puff guy, Harry Potter Prequel woman and the Powderpuff team back (which is a nice mistake).

I'm sure I could go into the store and explain what happened too... except those are all series 9 which I don't even think Targets around me ever got in stock. That's the issue.

Unless they drop the price of the Y-Wing and a few other sets, I can't see myself buying anything to qualify for the Vader Pod. I'll stick with my A-Wing vs. Tie version of Vader.

Target Cartwheel has a one day offer for today, 25% off any Marvel toy.  It does not exclude Lego in the fine print, but it also doesn't work automatically in the the store.  They should be able to override at CS.  I picked up the Dr. Strange set finally...which means it will go on clearance next week!

Target Cartwheel has a one day offer for today, 25% off any Marvel toy. It does not exclude Lego in the fine print, but it also doesn't work automatically in the the store. They should be able to override at CS. I picked up the Dr. Strange set finally...which means it will go on clearance next week!
I didn't get any LEGO but I did get a few of the Marvel Playskool sets for my boy, the cartwheel didn't scan so they manually took that off and I used a text-to-phone coupon they were advertising on the same isle for 25% off which did work, I'm sure it was the same thing but I got almost 50% off, the coupon itself is worded to only work on one item though.

Word is... this whole "From the Vault" thing LEGO is doing with the Taj is a series of more to come.

It'll be very likely we'll see a modular re-released, but also sets from other themes (Castle, Space, Pirates .... even Harry Potter).

There's a big push going on to give AFOLs more of what they want. 

Also, keep in mind that this is why companies like Lepin are important...

Word is... this whole "From the Vault" thing LEGO is doing with the Taj is a series of more to come.

It'll be very likely we'll see a modular re-released, but also sets from other themes (Castle, Space, Pirates .... even Harry Potter).

There's a big push going on to give AFOLs more of what they want.

Also, keep in mind that this is why companies like Lepin are important...
Lego did this the last time sales went down, 'Lego Legends' with black and white boxes. I have one. Don't remember what it is exactly.

But next year there are rumours of LEGO releasing different sets with 'important' minifigures in them because it's the 40th birthday of the current / modern systole minifigure. If it's true we should get a Pirate set as Pirates had the first none smilie / female face.

I missed out on Harry Potter (didn’t get back into Lego until I had kids) so it’d be cool to get some of those
That is coming back. There is a rumor of a Harry Potter & whatever the prequel series is called, sets and minifigure collection next fall in time for the second movie. A $250+ castle is in the rumor too.

Well this is very interesting... last month I noticed Lepin sellers listing kind of weird things like knockoffs of Fort Legoredo (Lego 6769) and Medieval Market Village (Lego 10193-1). I wonder if it's because Lego is going to reissue them. Obviously, the Chinese factories already know Lego's plans, since they're the ones manufacturing the sets. Of course, you can find all sorts of older Lego sets available as Lepin knockoffs, but these just started appearing recently, as far as I can tell. There's also a non-Lepin medieval castle, but I can't find an exact Lego equivalent. Here's the link, if anyone can identify a Lego version: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Enlighten-1023-1393pcs-Medieval-Lion-Castle-Knight-Carriage-Building-Blocks/32812140441.html

IGN posted an article that Lego's 11 largest sets will all be available to purchase by end of 2017. So much pain to our wallets.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/06/legos-11-largest-sets-ever-will-all-be-available-by-the-end-of-2017

1. UCS Millennium Falcon - 7,541 pcs
  2. Taj Mahal - 5,923 pcs
  3. Ninjago City - 4,867 pcs
  4. GB Firehouse HQ - 4,634 pcs
  5. Tower Bridge 4,287 pcs
  6. Big Ben - 4,163 pcs
  7. Disney Castle - 4,080 pcs
  8. Death Star - 4,016 pcs
  9. Assembly Square - 4,002 pcs
  10. Bucket Wheel Excavator - 3,929 pcs
  11. The Joker Manor - 3,444 pcs

Anybody interested in buying/trading a complete set of Batman minifigures?  I bought them from ebay, but they have a very strong cigarette smell.  They've been sealed up in a ziploc bag since I got them months ago, so I am sure they still smell.

Anybody interested in buying/trading a complete set of Batman minifigures? I bought them from ebay, but they have a very strong cigarette smell. They've been sealed up in a ziploc bag since I got them months ago, so I am sure they still smell.
Did the buyer at least disclose that they were smokers?

Whomever does measurements for Legos is an imbecile. The UCS MF is 23.75" in width, not 22.0". So it doesn't fit in the coffee table I just bought and customized.

Anybody interested in buying/trading a complete set of Batman minifigures? I bought them from ebay, but they have a very strong cigarette smell. They've been sealed up in a ziploc bag since I got them months ago, so I am sure they still smell.
Put baking soda in an air tight container, put a box or book in the middle above the baking soda, and the minifigs on top of the box/book. Close it, leave it for a month under your bed.

It works for books, so it should work for minifigs.

I know it wasn't from me.. haven't had any in ages, and nobody smokes here, I have CF so it'd kill me :p

Was it pot smoke? No? Wasn't me either.

Soap in water and dry them out in the sun. I got some free from my neighbor when they moved. It had about 3 inches of water in it for about 10 years. It was nasty, but the soap cleaned they really good. NEVER USE BLEACH!

And there is one Water Striker on AWD for $18.50, it has 500 pieces. I bought one (they had two) just now.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.
Also hydrogen peroxide is used to make pieces colors return to normal. But if you let them soak too long you will wreck the productive coating. So if the soap doesn't work stick some peroxide in a spray bottle, spray them all, let them dry off in the sun and maybe it will help with smells too.

If not toss the figures in some cinnamon and roast in the oven for 3-4 hours. ;)

bread's done
Back