LEGO Deals 3

Best Buy has LEGO dimensions packs for 50% off — as low as $5.99 — with free shipping. Annoying since I thought I got a good deal on Hermione and Harry the other day at TRU but this is even cheaper. I could order and return but I’m too lazy…
Are you new to Dimensions? The Fun packs are always $6, if they are more than $6 it's a ripoff. Target also has all the fun packs for $6 or less, the team packs are $9-10 and the level packs are $12-15. Plus Target also has free shipping.

I need to vent...

WHAT THE fuck DISNEY!? YOU CAN'T EVEN GET STAR WARS RIGHT!

I disagree with EVERYTHING they have done with the original character, every single fucking thing. And now that Carrie Fisher is dead we have no hope of them maybe fixing it in the next one. Besides 20-30 minutes in the movie towards the end it was shit on a stick. It's almost to prequel level bad how these episodes are. The prequels were failures but at least they tried something different.

Are you new to Dimensions? The Fun packs are always $6, if they are more than $6 it's a ripoff. Target also has all the fun packs for $6 or less, the team packs are $9-10 and the level packs are $12-15. Plus Target also has free shipping.
I had actually ordered the same packs through Target and they canceled my order with no explanation. I see them on sale for $6.99 — but I hadn’t seen $5.99 before.

I saw the Dimensions starter pack on warehouse a couple days ago for $18 and I was very tempted just for the minifigs and parts but I have spent so much on LEGO this xmas I couldn’t do it.

Yet another Lepin review: this year's Winter Village Station. I actually own the Lego version of this set still in box, but after building the Lepin version, I regret picking it up. It's pretty underwhelming.

https://youtu.be/XYN2JXUDHM4

To sweeten this deal they now have an extra $5 off (e-gift card that comes to you later) if you pick it up in store. Some other sets with the same deal here including the command shuttle for $62, super hero high school for $44 (prices before gift card): https://www.toysrus.com/family?categoryid=7953239
Probably pretty hard to find in store...none around me anymore. I did manage to find 1 Spider-Man/Vulture set in store the other day for $20 (50% off), but no Spider-Man Tanker set for $14.99.

Probably pretty hard to find in store...none around me anymore. I did manage to find 1 Spider-Man/Vulture set in store the other day for $20 (50% off), but no Spider-Man Tanker set for $14.99.
As usual, stock went pretty fast. I was thinking about the tanker set (I promised my family I wouldn’t buy myself any more LEGO this xmas — cough) and went I went back 20 minutes later, it was OOS at my local store.

The problem with all of these deals is, of course, the minute they hit the big deal sites, they evaporate.

I'm incredibly pissed off at Target. Never ever return anything by mail. I bought Dimensions on October 29th when they had the glitch and they were super cheap. Three of the things were the wrong item. I returned them by mail December 6th, UPS even said they scanned them then. I needed to return them by the 8th.

Yet last night I got an email saying it was rejected because it was outside the return window. It took them two weeks to say this? When it wasn't outside the return window at all! That return window was 40 days, I returned it after 38. Plus the Dimension set I ordered December 12th says I can return it until March 8th when the 40 day return window would be over 80 days.

Always return in store, even if you think you don't have the time.

TRU has that good $5 e card rebate thing going on with in store pick up. The Goblin Village is only $37, I really want it but OOS.

The following are in stock and can get the $5 e card.
Fun in the Park is $25.
Elves Airship is $25.
Friends Hotdog van is $17.50.
Super Hero Girls Arcade is $15.70

But my guess is you would need to do them as separate orders otherwise TRU will just give you one $5 e card per order.

I'd temped to place an order then pick it up at 1:30am as they are open 6am to 2am. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU has that good $5 e card rebate thing going on with in store pick up. The Goblin Village is only $37, I really want it but OOS.

The following are in stock and can get the $5 e card.
Fun in the Park is $25.
Elves Airship is $25.
Friends Hotdog van is $17.50.
Super Hero Girls Arcade is $15.70

But my guess is you would need to do them as separate orders otherwise TRU will just give you one $5 e card per order.

I'd temped to place an order then pick it up at 1:30am as they are open 6am to 2am. :)
Great deal... wish I had a TRU anywhere near me.

Don't you worry, next week is the start of no more TRUs anywhere. 100 stores are supposed to begin to close in January and I'm sure it will end with all of them within a few years.
Pretty slick of them to offer 5 dollar coupons for as an enticement for in store pick up when there won't be any more stores to use them in. lol

Pretty slick of them to offer 5 dollar coupons for as an enticement for in store pick up when there won't be any more stores to use them in. lol
Well all the stores copy each other. Walmart started with in store discounts, then it was Best Buy, then Target, now Toys R US. They all have a common enemy in greedy asshole Amazon.

Plus at first only 100-ish stores will close (rumoured) but if that's 100 in the USA alone TRU company only has 875 stores in the USA. Some of those stores are Babies R Us which make money because of rich white women don't know how to spend their money. So only TRU themselves will be closing.

I need to vent...

WHAT THE fuck DISNEY!? YOU CAN'T EVEN GET STAR WARS RIGHT!

I disagree with EVERYTHING they have done with the original character, every single fucking thing. And now that Carrie Fisher is dead we have no hope of them maybe fixing it in the next one. Besides 20-30 minutes in the movie towards the end it was shit on a stick. It's almost to prequel level bad how these episodes are. The prequels were failures but at least they tried something different.
One thing about this movie especially bothered me. I bet you could guess what that is.

Really that whole opening battle was trash.

I thought the bombers were going to be bad ass but they were shit, Poe did all that work for almost nothing. I thought the movie was just “k,” it was far from what I hoped it would be. The movie to me felt like a force awakens 1.5, not even close to a true sequel. I can’t imagine how the next ones going to be but I do know this.... I need to lower my expectations .

One thing about this movie especially bothered me. I bet you could guess what that is.

Really that whole opening battle was trash.
Just one thing? This might be more difficult than you think if it's just one thing. But I'll go with SUPER GIRL!!!!

Or anything Luke?

However it could also be that in any point in the movie one of the main characters is always in a coma?

Or that the whole movie it really seems like Poe and Finn are a couple and then the movies goes out of it's way to make sure they look at girls with giggly eyes in one scene that feels so off.

(I know what it is, that scene was awful and once again goes into my secondary complaint that the original characters were never needed for these movies because they are wasted and pointless.)

I thought the bombers were going to be bad ass but they were shit, Poe did all that work for almost nothing. I thought the movie was just “k,” it was far from what I hoped it would be. The movie to me felt like a force awakens 1.5, not even close to a true sequel. I can’t imagine how the next ones going to be but I do know this.... I need to lower my expectations .
I had very low expectations after A New New Hope and they still made a movie so bad that I'm actually pissed off at how bad it is and I'm not even a Star Wars fan. Star Wars to me is supposed to be grand and epic and what we got was neither. Like you said the opening battle was the lamest thing ever, and then nothing happened for another 2 hours.

I love how there are excuses going around of why it has such a low Rotten Tomato score. My favorite being conservative trolls are pissed that a black guy, a latin, and a woman save the universe. While I'm sure they play a part because they are such massive losers, maybe it's just a bad movie.

It could honestly be the worst in the franchise since Episode 1, but at least Episode 1 had a cool pod racer scene.

Lol.... in all fairness, there wasn’t a big variety of vehicles in TLJ.
Because there were no AT-TEs with the head still on in the movie? Oh wait there were.

Plus for $10 more making the head would have killed them? Hell add a play feature where the head 'explodes' off.

My newest Bootlego review, and the last of my Christmas-related stuff: the Lele knockoff of the 2015 Christmas Toy Shop. Merry Christmas, everyone!

https://youtu.be/Y1WUvv3bnVo

Just curious, do you post these reviews on other sites? I just ask because it seems other sites send out the tribunal when it comes to lepin.

Merry Christmas!!!

Just curious, do you post these reviews on other sites? I just ask because it seems other sites send out the tribunal when it comes to lepin.

Merry Christmas!!!
Honestly, it never even occurred to me. I don't hang out on Lego-centric sites, but I do hang out on this site. But you're right about the Lego Brigade going after anything Lepin-related (nevermind the fact that the vast majority of people buying Lepin sets ARE Lego fans, too). On my first video, before I got any thumbs up or positive comments, I got two thumbs down and the comment, "Counterfeit crap!" (which I deleted, because it's not substantive).

The only reason I started making these videos is because I had a hard time finding good reviews of Lepin/bootleg sets. I figured, okay... I guess I'll do it then!

The reviews are fine, seem to be on par with the others. I love the price but I could never see myself owning a Lepin set, not seeing the lego insignia on each brick would drive my ocd off the charts.

LEGO people are freaks, it's why here is best because we aren't picky. As long as the bricks hold together (looks over to Mega Bloks shit) we are happy. I started up a new LEGO Instagram, naturebricks, it will mostly deal with MOCs of ripoff minifigures. But it's like the crazy instagramer women from the UK who is so insane she should have her children removed. Spend $125 on a 'costume' Godzilla minifigure. I just bought a knockoff off the exact same thing just not printed on LEGO pieces for $1.50.

My OCD is nuts. as long as I don't mix the none LEGO bricks with the LEGO I'll be fine. But growing up my grandma only had red Duplo for awhile, then someone dropped off more colors, but I had to build my things in only red and not mix them.

I only do knockoff minifigures. *So far*. Personally, I won't pay more than like $2 for a minifigure, and the KO ones have a lot LEGO won't make too. Anyways, I think we may have some Ninjago movie sets for sale or trade soon, legit ones opened from blindbags... aka wife got another sealed case of them. We'll see, no promises. I know she wants LEGO Batman Movie series 2 really bad.

I only do knockoff minifigures. *So far*. Personally, I won't pay more than like $2 for a minifigure, and the KO ones have a lot LEGO won't make too. Anyways, I think we may have some Ninjago movie sets for sale or trade soon, legit ones opened from blindbags... aka wife got another sealed case of them. We'll see, no promises. I know she wants LEGO Batman Movie series 2 really bad.
Minifigures is actually where I started with the bootlego too. I really like all the "suit guy" minifigures, and I wasn't about to pay crazy prices for the older ones. However, I found that the quality of knockoff minifigures seems to be way more variable than the quality of knockoff full-sized sets. I've gotten some super janky ones, and I've gotten some that are basically indistinguishable.

Minifigures is actually where I started with the bootlego too. I really like all the "suit guy" minifigures, and I wasn't about to pay crazy prices for the older ones. However, I found that the quality of knockoff minifigures seems to be way more variable than the quality of knockoff full-sized sets. I've gotten some super janky ones, and I've gotten some that are basically indistinguishable.
Boy is that true. I bought deadpan Duck and Grinch and they look and feel like LEGO. But most of the others aren't horrible, but the heads don't stay on the torso so you can't take the helmets off once they are on. Fine for displaying, but annoying because some of them have double printed heads.

Local Targets started Lego clearance.  Lots of Batman movie stuff, City, and Technic (what little they carry).  Most stuff at 30% off, but a few things randomly from store to store at 50% off.  Picked up the Batman Two-Face set for $30.

I bought the Dr. Strange set months ago after complaining it never dropped and sarcastically said it was going to go on clearance soon...it did, $15 at every store I visited. :razz: 

Just used the Walmart ap and noticed  that they are dropping some prices too.  The new Walker is $109, Star Destroyer for $124, Falcon for $89, Y-wing for $35.  Prices are all over the place and totally ymmv according to which store you look at.

And when did they bonk the Walmart ap?  Half the items listed say "In store price not available".  And looking up other stores used to bring up a list of 10+ stores and their respective prices, but now only shows 5 and you're lucky if they have the prices listed.  Damn shame.

Rakuten has 20% off of everything, including LEGO.

DC Girls Harvey Quinn 41231 is $12.50
DC Girls Bumblebee 41234 is $7.50
DC Girls High School 41232 is $36.50
Spiderman Ock's Mech 76059 $26.50
Friends Catamaran 41317 $46
Creepy Giraffe is $4.80

It might end in 20 minutes or 3 hours. I don't know.

Has anyone been watching Jangbrick 2018 reviews? The minifigures are really bad, he's been complain about them in all his videos. I hope more people call out on that otherwise I will be buying more $.60-$1 knockoffs.

I've finally had a chance to put together some of the Lepin sets I bought on Singles Day (11/11).  I ended up buying the Romantic House, Wine Bar and Financial Company, Xingbao Martial Arts School, and Xingbao Toys and Bookstore. 

Unfortunately, the Romantic House ended up not being included by the seller, but they promptly refunded me the money.

I finished building the Wine Bar and Financial Company and am in the middle of the Martial Arts School.  The Toys/Bookstore is freaking huge and is going to take forever.  It's 5000+ pieces.

TLDR: Lego is seriously in trouble now.

Lepin/Xingbao are now numbering bags (which saves so much time in the build) and making their own designs.  The Wine Bar was the winner of a design contest (or a runner up -- I've seen videos that say both).  Overall, it's a fantastic build.

There are a few things in the build that seem amateur -- a ceiling with questionable support, not enough studs to hold floors/roof parts in place completely flat, a sliding door supported by the roof instead of the building frame.  But that's really minor, and they can all be easily fixed.  The build itself is creative, fun, and has the same kind of personality as a Lego build.  To me, that's the kicker -- the wine bar is as good as anything Lego has ever produced in terms of design and appeal.

This set consists of:  a wine bar on the ground floor; a financial company on the next two levels, one of which is a clever split level, and a house under construction next door.  It's a nicely diverse build and each part has its own charm and detail.  Inside and out, there's tons of detail and ornamentation, and the architecture of the financial company is fantastic.  It is a modular and fits right in to any Lego neighborhood.

Cost of this set: $74.79, shipped

Pieces: 2841

Would purchase again: yes

The Martial Arts School is something completely different, which is why I got it.  It's not technically a modular, but it fits on the same footprint and could easily be retrofitted with the pegs.  Vibrant colors, with lots of red, green, and gold and lots of detail blocks.  It's a fascinating design, as it's built from the outside in, with new bags walling in old areas.  This is an extremely fun build and totally solid in terms of design -- someone really thought about the footprint of the rooms, how to create the patterns in the walls, and making the space feel real.

I don't care that it doesn't necessarily 'fit' with other modulars.  There are plenty of places in the world where there can be a temple next door.

Cost of this set: $82.91, shipped

Pieces: 2531

Would purchase again: final determination when I finish, but so far, it's really fun.  I would totally get more of this style.

In terms of quality, both are spot on.  I noticed that they have gone a slightly different direction with the masonry brick (https://brickset.com/parts/4646577).  The Lego has the brick pattern on one side, and a horizontal line on the other.  In both of these sets so far, it's the brick pattern on both sides.

Another major quality difference is stickers.  There aren't any.  It's all printed bricks.  The Martial Arts school had a goof of some kind and included a sticker to fix it, but that's it.  Stickers are one of my big pet peeves with expensive Lego sets, and it's nice to see them finally gone.  They did not skimp on the printed pieces, either -- both sets make great use of them.  The Wine Bar has a lot of small printed pieces, while the Martial Arts School saves it up for big, noticeable pieces.

The minifigures are all high quality.  You put them together yourself, still -- arms, legs, and everything -- but they look like regular City denizens.  The Wine Bar/Financial Company has a nice mix of bank/bar employees and a karaoke singer. 

I have had an uneasy relationship with Lepin before -- I didn't like supporting counterfeit Legos, so I kept my purchases to out of print sets.  Now, however, they are doing their own designs, and I really like it.  Lego finally has legit competition, and so far they are playing in the big leagues.  Unlike previous Lepin sets I've gotten, there have been no broken, non-fitting, or malformed pieces.  Both sets have had no missing pieces as well.  Everything looks and feels like Lego, and there are zero tolerance issues. 

I've finally had a chance to put together some of the Lepin sets I bought on Singles Day (11/11). I ended up buying the Romantic House, Wine Bar and Financial Company, Xingbao Martial Arts School, and Xingbao Toys and Bookstore.

Unfortunately, the Romantic House ended up not being included by the seller, but they promptly refunded me the money.

I finished building the Wine Bar and Financial Company and am in the middle of the Martial Arts School. The Toys/Bookstore is freaking huge and is going to take forever. It's 5000+ pieces.

TLDR: Lego is seriously in trouble now.
Nice reviews. I was *this* close to buying a Martial Arts School, but couldn't pull the trigger. I'm hoping the price will come down some yet.

The 2018 sets are listed on S@H but not for sale yet. There are some outrageous prices, yet some great deals. But pricing in insane and doesn't make sense. The cool Creator van is $5 more than it needs to be, a random Friends set isn't $30 or $35, it's $33.

But what really gets me is the fact the best priced set is a Batman one, the Bat-Space Shuttle. It has 6 minifigures (three have no faces but are exclusive), lots of big pieces in exclusive colors. 643 pieces for $80. Yet the last Spaceport Space shuttle had less figures and 60 less pieces but was $40 more.

I'm sure LEGO freaks will somehow come out and defend the outrageous City prices. Even Jang reviews are like "The pricing is bad, and outrageous, and the minifigure printing is going downhill". There is no need for this and f they keep it up more and more people will go to Lepin.

I found some good stuff at my nearest Target today. Most appealing to me-- the Doc Ock Mech set for $21. Also got the Batgirl/Catwoman set for $10 for a friend, a couple of the Micro sets for around $6 each, two extra Dr. Strange sets for $15 each, and a Nexo set that had figures I liked for about $7 I think. They had Spidey Bridges but they weren't cheap enough for me-- still at $70. I hope they don't all sell at that price, but I guess they might. No more Airport Battle sets on the shelf. I'd like to find one of those on the cheap.

bread's done
Back