LEGO Deals 3

Looks like Apollo 11 comes out June 1st at $100 for almost 1,100 pieces.

I want it but don't think it's in the budget after getting the Disney Castle, Steamboat Willie and Falcon. lol  

Looks like Apollo 11 comes out June 1st at $100 for almost 1,100 pieces.

I want it but don't think it's in the budget after getting the Disney Castle, Steamboat Willie and Falcon. lol
You don't need to eat and you can donate some plasma, if you really want to push it go donate some little corvins.

Stranger things LEGO store event sign ups start today! This is an grown kid/ adult event for 15+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah kinda sucks they ripped off the Ideas set... but I'm so in.  With the lack of the Ford Explorer maybe this means there will be a different set down the line.  I'd love a big set like the VWBug.  

Looking at the box they have a picture of the cast member with their LEGO counterpart, except for Sam Neil (Grant).  Instead of a photo of him there is a photo of a toilet?  lol   The blood-sucking lawyer didn't make the minifig cut.  Maybe a licensing issue that wasn't cleared before making the preview image?  It seems weird that he wouldn't want to be on it.

I'm a massive Jurassic Park fan but $250 for that is a HELL NO! You have injured Malcolm from the Jeep chase scene and no Jeep?!? Sam Neil hates JP now, said the only time he'd even consider coming back is if the plot is a T-Rex smashing every Walmart in the world. So maybe that's why he's not on the box.

There are some ore late year set pictures, three more TLM2 sets, some Technic, nothing 'WOW!'

But the Asian Boat Race set comes out in the USA July 1st, 643 pieces and 15 minifigures for $50!!!!

Thanks for all the info guys :) I've been into LEGO for years and never realized there was a community for it here on CAG ^_^. Those upcoming LEGO Movie 2 sets look great!

I'm on the fence. I may get it with hopes that a Creator Expert Jeep or Explorer comes out next year that fits with the gate.

I only mention Explorer since Lego just released the Mustang set.

It would be nice to have an Explorer ... but honestly, I’m buying the set for the TREX and gate. I would rather pay $250 than $300 for the set with a Jeep.

Granted, if another set with a Jeep or an Explorer came out with Muldoon or Genarro, I’d totally snap it up. Anything original JP related is a must buy for me personally.

Do you guys ever buy sets to part out the ones you don't care for? I've been doing this for a couple of years and it works out really well. Granted, it involves a lot of time in-between listing items and waiting for a person that wants the parts that you don't, but there's definitely a market for it!

I often find it cheaper to buy the full set and keep the minifigures and parts you want and sell the rest, than it is to simply buy those parts from others. The only thing you lose is the convenience factor.

Also what with the Jurassic "World" branding? Toss the original logo on there.

I've never seen anything about Neill hating JP or Grant. From googling it looks like he made a joke about Grant being retired (Neill is 70). Dern is always up for more JP because she loves playing Ellie. It would be cool for this franchise to get a reunion right where Star Wars got it all wrong.

The creator of the JP set posted on a Eurobricks forum stating that the Jurassic World logo was what the license holder required. It makes sense considering the more marketable brand in 2019 is Jurassic World and not Jurassic Park. I’m just glad we got the Jurassic Park gates and not the logo on those as well.

There’s so much complaining on those forums ... it seems like we live in an era where people incessantly complain.

Source?

I hope this means the other 2 sets will come out over here

ETA: Found it: https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-seasonal-dragon-boat-race-80103-to-launch-after-july-1-in-north-america/
My source was the LEGO website. :p
Also it doesn't, the other two will not be coming out as of this typing.

Anything original JP related is a must buy for me personally.
I love Jurassic Park, it's my Star Wars and that gate set and price is a hard no, never, for me.

Thanks for all the info guys :) I've been into LEGO for years and never realized there was a community for it here on CAG ^_^. Those upcoming LEGO Movie 2 sets look great!
Hi. I'm the welcoming crew. Leave your pants at the door, here's a drink. No, I'm not Bill Cosby.

Also what with the Jurassic "World" branding? Toss the original logo on there.

I've never seen anything about Neill hating JP or Grant. From googling it looks like he made a joke about Grant being retired (Neill is 70). Dern is always up for more JP because she loves playing Ellie. It would be cool for this franchise to get a reunion right where Star Wars got it all wrong.
Sam Neill joked after the horrible time filming JP3 that he would only come back if the plot had a T-rex stepping on every Walmart. :lol:

Rumour is the three main JP people will be in Jurassic World 3. I just hope it's better than JW2, that was my least favorite of the Jurassic movies.

There’s so much complaining on those forums ... it seems like we live in an era where people incessantly complain.
Now you are complaining about complaining which is making me complain about you complaining about complaining! :whistle2:

My JW story has Tim and Lex coming back - only if played by Joe Mazzello and Ariana Richards - as paleontologists to save the day. Of course, Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Gopldblum are involved.

Even more than kid gymnast vs raptor?
Yes! Lost World needed several more rewrites to remove the stupid BS. The kid was annoying, and several scenes were stupid, the ending was dumb, but the basic idea of the movie made sense.

JW2, nope. No part of that movie made any sense, had no point or premise. Just no part of the movie works at any type of film. I can't think of any plot points besides destroying the island that I would keep. The whole second act of the movie in the mansion is a waste of cinema.

I have to agree...although Lost World was vastly different than the book, it still followed the basic premise for the most part. It definitely had some cringe-worthy moments and was nowhere near as memorable as the original (how could it be), but it was still a decent film overall.

I like the new peep for agreeing with me, but I have a feeling they didn't take their pants off.  :shame: :booty: 

Has anyone seen the shitshow that has been going on Brickiest over the JP set? Brickiest had to close the comments because they couldn't control the fact that people didn't love an overpriced half ass set. Sure there are 3100 pieces, but it's a dino and a gate. 3000 pieces could have built a hell of a Visitors' Center.

But then people started going "I don't believe the conspiracy theory that LEGO would ever steal an Ideas set". Like they haven't done that before. LEGO would never lie to me! The government would never lie to me, Iraq had all those WMDs!  Everything is awesome!!! :fridge: 

What pisses me off is the fact the LEGO fans will be idiots because they are most likely rich white fuckers who don't have a care in the world and will buy anything for any price. I wouldn't care but LEGO clearly knows this and that's why this years modular went up $30 for 100 more pieces instead of the normal $10. That makes the hobby near impossible to keep up with for a commoner like myself. 

Question: who the hell was the girl a clone of in JW2?  It's been decades since I read the 2 official canon Crichton novels (no idea if there were more Jurassic works of his as he died fairly young, in 2008), and I vaguely recall some of the comic book spinoffs that kinda sorta were the basis for the raptor squad/genetically engineered dino-rganisms for military applications in JW1, but I don't ever remember mention of Hammond's original partner, let alone his daughter who died in a tragic accident after visiting the park a long time ago, only to be cloned.  

As bad as JW2 was, The Lost World is hands down the absolute worst overall bar none.  And for Darwin's sake, can they please stop including what has to be an insider running joke at this point, which is Convenient-Timing-TRex jumping onscreen to save the day at least once in every one of these damn movies, then doing the signature roar, only to saunter back offscreen?  JFC

Question: who the hell was the girl a clone of in JW2? It's been decades since I read the 2 official canon Crichton novels (no idea if there were more Jurassic works of his as he died fairly young, in 2008), and I vaguely recall some of the comic book spinoffs that kinda sorta were the basis for the raptor squad/genetically engineered dino-rganisms for military applications in JW1, but I don't ever remember mention of Hammond's original partner, let alone his daughter who died in a tragic accident after visiting the park a long time ago, only to be cloned.

As bad as JW2 was, The Lost World is hands down the absolute worst overall bar none. And for Darwin's sake, can they please stop including what has to be an insider running joke at this point, which is Convenient-Timing-TRex jumping onscreen to save the day at least once in every one of these damn movies, then doing the signature roar, only to saunter back offscreen? JFC
It was the clone of the second founders daughter, who died in some kind of accident as a child I believe. The old woman taking care of her was her actual mother I think? I don’t think she died in the park, it was just a car accident or cancer or something.

As far as Crichton’s books, of which you’re correct that there are only two (one of which was written under severe pressure to write a sequel so they could make a sequel film) and they don’t reference a second founder. The second book actually focuses more on Dodgson, the dude who gives Nedry the barbasol can, as the villain rather than what we saw in any of the films.

Plus Hammond actually dies in the book, so the whole second film is basically a combination of unused scenes from JP1 and a selection of Crichton’s Lost World plot.

Still psyched for this set, regardless of the hate it seems to be garnering.

The old women in JW2 was the nanny of the non clone daughter.
There is actually mention of a second founder, it's literally just one sentence and never explained in the first book I believe.

The hate isn't for the set itself, it's for the price per what you get. It's a gate and a dinosaur, both are lovely but the set is not complete with the Jeep missing. They could have made the set half the price and be 90% as good. But the real issue is how the LEGO cult members are reacting to the set not getting a temple built based on it. Like people don't like the set for real reasons and the LEGO community attacks back, that pisses me off. 

You want the set, awesome, I won't attack you for that.  I don't and explained why and then Brickset writes a damn article saying how negative the community is. 

Hammond is a bitch in the books and deserved to die.

I grew up lower middle-class in the 80s. LEGO was my favorite toy but we couldn't afford much so the only sets I got were for my birthday and they were usually the small ones. Since I didn't have a lot of LEGO to actually play with, I spent a lot of time staring at sets in the Toys R Us and Kiddie City fliers that came in the Sunday papers. My dad had a friend from work whose wife was a surgeon so they had a lot of money. One time when I was around 6 we were at their house for dinner and their son showed me this whole second bedroom that he had that was just wall to wall LEGO sets. That image is still burned into my mind all these years later. I think it was the first moment as a kid that I really felt a sense of class consciousness. I wasn't the type of kid that noticed that these people's house was five times the size of ours, or that their clothes weren't from TJ Maxx, but I sure as hell noticed that this kid had every LEGO set that I had been staring at in newspaper fliers.

My point being that I've always thought of LEGO as toys for bougie rich people. I don't think much has changed in that regard except that I've grown up and been quite lucky in my career and can now buy whatever I want (within reason, of course). But I still identify with 6-year-old me and I empathize with everyone who complains about pricing, because they're right. LEGO is out of reach for a lot of people, which is a shame because in my opinion it's still the coolest toy ever made. Obviously luxury toys are not some fundamental human right that everyone has to have access to, and obviously a business like LEGO can target whatever subset of customers it wants, but that doesn't mean there aren't still a lot of kids whose primary interaction with LEGO is going to be watching other people building sets on YouTube. Which, I don't know, it still makes me sad even though I don't know that there's much to be done about it.

I grew up looking at the LEGO sets through the Flap as well! I miss the damn flap, they always had alternate ways of building the sets shown.

Thanks guys - sorry I didn't mean that the dead daughter of the second founder died in Jurassic Park (or via dino related accident at all), just that she had visited the park a long time ago.  2nd founder (played by James Cromwell) in JW1 said, IIRC, that the clone's "mom" (his daughter) had died in a tragic accident, and separately that she had also visited JP a long time ago.  So I was wondering if they were trying to shoehorm in some lousy backstory and make this dead daughter a specific named character, possibly Ellie?  While Cromwell would have already have been old, he *could* technically have been her father and he could technically have been married to Hammond's daughter, producing the 2 kids (and subsequently divorcing Hammond's daughter around the time of JP1).

They kept the picture of the dead daughter concealed in JP2 but seemed to put so much effort into the "mystery", so I figured there had to be something "there" there.

And yeah I recall in the book Hammond stumbling over the small hill and dying I think of a heart attack while the little scavenger compsignathusesses went to work on him.  They effectively put that scene into The Lost World where the asshole with the cattle prod received his karmic fate.  Didn't Ian Malcolm also die in the book from the severely fractured leg & blood loss?  

Two other scenes they cut from JP1 which should have been in there were the prologue with the howler monkey eating a compy along the coast of Costa Rica (kind of used as basis for scene in beginning of JW2, but with the rich idiots landing on JW2 & the girl being attacked by compies) & the TRex using its tongue to feel for Dr. Grant and the kids inside the waterfall tunnel.

^I didn't have the money but the fire truck is beautiful and REALLY much bigger than I thought when I first saw it. (That's what he said.)

Thanks guys - sorry I didn't mean that the dead daughter of the second founder died in Jurassic Park (or via dino related accident at all), just that she had visited the park a long time ago. 2nd founder (played by James Cromwell) in JW1 said, IIRC, that the clone's "mom" (his daughter) had died in a tragic accident, and separately that she had also visited JP a long time ago. So I was wondering if they were trying to shoehorm in some lousy backstory and make this dead daughter a specific named character, possibly Ellie? While Cromwell would have already have been old, he *could* technically have been her father and he could technically have been married to Hammond's daughter, producing the 2 kids (and subsequently divorcing Hammond's daughter around the time of JP1).

They kept the picture of the dead daughter concealed in JP2 but seemed to put so much effort into the "mystery", so I figured there had to be something "there" there.
You have just put in more thought in those 150 words than anyone who worked on Jurassic World 2.

So don't over think the horribleness of JW2. None of it had any meaning besides to make a billion dollars off a horrible movie with no actual storyline.

^I didn't have the money but the fire truck is beautiful and REALLY much bigger than I thought when I first saw it. (That's what he said.)

You have just put in more thought in those 150 words than anyone who worked on Jurassic World 2.

So don't over think the horribleness of JW2. None of it had any meaning besides to make a billion dollars off a horrible movie with no actual storyline.
HAHAHA, that response works for me. Yes indeed it was a blatant cash grab, and a film that not only made JW1 look like Citizen Kane, but almost beat The Lost World for worst Jurassic movie.

HAHAHA, that response works for me. Yes indeed it was a blatant cash grab, and a film that not only made JW1 look like Citizen Kane, but almost beat The Lost World for worst Jurassic movie.
No no no. It did beat it for worst movie. I actually like Jurassic World, it's silly and people 'act' stupid to move the plot, but so did they in Jurassic Park 1. Plus the park was finally open. It wasn't perfect, but it did it's job. Jurassic World 2 is shit. It's so bad I wouldn't even buy it for $4 at Target last year. I'm just hoping we skip over any 'plot points' that JW2 had for the third one. You think a movie with a volcano erupting AND dinosaurs would be awesome. How the fuck do you mess that up?! Worse Jurassic movie.

I also hope we get a Jurassic Universe trilogy where the dinosaurs go into outer space and take revenge on the comet that killed them 66 million years ago.

No no no. It did beat it for worst movie. I actually like Jurassic World, it's silly and people 'act' stupid to move the plot, but so did they in Jurassic Park 1. Plus the park was finally open. It wasn't perfect, but it did it's job. Jurassic World 2 is shit. It's so bad I wouldn't even buy it for $4 at Target last year. I'm just hoping we skip over any 'plot points' that JW2 had for the third one. You think a movie with a volcano erupting AND dinosaurs would be awesome. How the fuck do you mess that up?! Worse Jurassic movie.

I also hope we get a Jurassic Universe trilogy where the dinosaurs go into outer space and take revenge on the comet that killed them 66 million years ago.
Ah you misread my comment - JW1 was not the worst of the Jurassic movies, The Lost World was! You know, Ian Malcolm back for more intense dino action, this time with Julianne Moore as the love interest, Vince Vaughn, and his inexplicable daughter.

The one where the consummate bachelor/womanizer, who's now long term dating Julianne Moore's character, now has a black daughter who is obviously not his biologically - presumably adopted? Or did he marry and adopt her as his step daughter (despite divorcing her mother...I recall he was arguing with her/the daughter about visitation or some such BS early on in the movie)? Or did the producers just decide to cast this throwaway character as black for the sake of an insincere/illogical/incongruent diversity role (instead of the better option of making Julianne Moore's character or Vince Vaughn's character nonwhite) & who cares cuz it's a cash grab just go with it and if you don't you're racist?

I shouldn't say throwaway though, as it was her critical/absurd plot device in which she failed to make the cut of the gymnastics team, only to redeem herself in an incredible uneven bars performance versus those pesky raptors!

And I've spent even more time over-analyzing these movies, particularly the worst one! I need to just let go and go with the dino flow...

Didn't Capcom already make that in video game form? I think Dino Crisis 3 takes place in a futuristic space station...

Ah you misread my comment - JW1 was not the worst of the Jurassic movies, The Lost World was!
I didn't misread your comment, I'm saying you are wrong. :booty: Jurassic World 2 is the worst. Volcano and dinosaurs and the movie is still somehow worse than JP2!!! To the point I can't even remember the subtitle.

Also did we scare the new peep off?

Jurassic World 2 was pretty bad if not equally as bad as the second JP2.

I'm thinking about getting this, been debating it for a few months.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/jurassic-park-jurassic-park-goggles-chronicle-collectibles-903855

This one is all for you BigDaddy

ian-malcolm_jurassic-park_gallery_5c4badd8c075b.jpg

Anyone know if there will be any cool upcoming giveaways with X dollars purchased? Want to try and maximize value on the JP set if I do go that route.

Sam Neill joked after the horrible time filming JP3 that he would only come back if the plot had a T-rex stepping on every Walmart. :lol:

Rumour is the three main JP people will be in Jurassic World 3. I just hope it's better than JW2, that was my least favorite of the Jurassic movies.

Now you are complaining about complaining which is making me complain about you complaining about complaining! :whistle2:
Well JP3 was filmed on the fly without a finished script so I could see where he was coming from.

I used to hate TLW, but it's grown on me quite a bit over the years (I'd rank it #2 just behind the original). I used to prefer JPIII to the Lost World as just a fun monster movie but the ravages of time tend to change things. JPIII has not aged well while TLW shows what a craftsman Speilberg really is.

The Lost World is a damn good movie (most of it). I mean it IS Speilberg. The cliff scene is probably the best scene in any of the films. Solid cast. Great pacing. Roland was a kick ass pseudo-villain. The action sequences are excellent. There are a ton of great lines in the flick. And the San Diego stuff, well it's just dumb fun with the Indiana Jones homage and T-rex eating the dog. I don't mind Kelly (Malcolm's kid) but the gymnastic thing is still horrendous.

Well JP3 was filmed on the fly without a finished script so I could see where he was coming from.
Yeah he also said it 15 years ago. Plus Daniel Craig said he would slit his wrists before doing another James Bond. Give him 50 million dollars and boom problems solved.

Anyone know if there will be any cool upcoming giveaways with X dollars purchased? Want to try and maximize value on the JP set if I do go that route.
Brick fan said LEGO will email out the promos for next month. Not confirmed but....
July 1-7: Double VIP points

July 10 & 17: In-store build. Signups start on July 5

July 18-21: City Space polybag with purchases of $40 or more.

July 22-28: Back to School kit with purchases of $50 or more

bread's done
Back