LEGO Deals 3

I'm having a hard time getting excited about new stuff anymore. I think I may be entering the dark age. It's tough when you don't have room to display them and the sealed boxes are a closet full.

Not to mention bins upon bins of loose unsorted Lego.
I am too. It's too much rehash, and not even good ones. The Avengers sets are uninspired white blocks, Spider-Man is like Mysterio every set, the Jurassic World mech is just stupid.

The only sets that are still good are the non-rehashed Harry Potter sets (Advent Calendar, Triwizard, Patronus). Even the Knight Bus is like the third one. Hagrid's Hut is only tolerable because it's the Buckbeak/Time Turner scene instead of Aragog.

There's an HP advent calendar coming? Hmm I might have to pick that up. I haven't gotten any HP sets this round though since I have all of the last ones mostly unbuilt.

I'm having a hard time getting excited about new stuff anymore. I think I may be entering the dark age. It's tough when you don't have room to display them and the sealed boxes are a closet full.

Not to mention bins upon bins of loose unsorted Lego.
Same
I’ve started selling some of my unopened sets and after that will be the opened sets and eventually minifigures.
There will be a few things I keep but for the most part I think I’m retiring.

Same
I’ve started selling some of my unopened sets and after that will be the opened sets and eventually minifigures.
There will be a few things I keep but for the most part I think I’m retiring.
I've been transitioning into more Technic sets. I like the fact that my kids can't take them apart as easily.

No one is allowed to retire until you peeps buy my several thousand dollars worth of unopen sets. :lol:

I am very curious to the Gingerbread Winer Village set and cost, it will have 1400 pieces so it will probably be $250.

And how could any of you even think about retiring when there is a new grey piece pack for $700?! 3,000 less pieces and 5 less minifigures for $100 less! It's a steal because LEGO is stealing from you!

Yet people all over the internet will defend it.....

75252 Imperial Star Destroyer, 4784 pieces

US $699.99, CA $849.99, DE €699.99, UK £649.99, FR €699.99, DKK 5299.00, $1099.99 AUD

Available from the 1st of October, with VIP early access starting on the 18th of September.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do. My son wants the Falcon and when I saw this was coming out I thought I could get this instead and save a couple hundred dollars. Guess not.
Just buy him one of the 10 non-Solo Falcons. They are still nice, not too much smaller and probably be on sale for half off again.

No one is allowed to retire until you peeps buy my several thousand dollars worth of unopen sets. :lol:

I am very curious to the Gingerbread Winer Village set and cost, it will have 1400 pieces so it will probably be $250.

And how could any of you even think about retiring when there is a new grey piece pack for $700?! 3,000 less pieces and 5 less minifigures for $100 less! It's a steal because LEGO is stealing from you!

Yet people all over the internet will defend it.....

75252 Imperial Star Destroyer, 4784 pieces

US $699.99, CA $849.99, DE €699.99, UK £649.99, FR €699.99, DKK 5299.00, $1099.99 AUD

Available from the 1st of October, with VIP early access starting on the 18th of September.
I'm guessing the winter village set will be $150-$180. Unless they're adding Star Wars taxes to other themes now too.

And holy shit does that Star Destroyer looks like a poor value compared to the UCS MF.

Who was it that built a custom coffee table to hold their MF? Maybe it's time to make a matching sofa table?

I do. My son wants the Falcon and when I saw this was coming out I thought I could get this instead and save a couple hundred dollars. Guess not.
There's a guy near me on offerup upselling the 2011 millennium falcon for 40 bucks w/o figures. Just a thought.

I'm guessing the winter village set will be $150-$180. Unless they're adding Star Wars taxes to other themes now too.
They have been. The City sets are more expensive per part for no reason at all. This year's modular is $20 more than it should be based on all of the other sets. LEGO realizes they can charge whatever they want and people will pay it.

Just buy him one of the 10 non-Solo Falcons. They are still nice, not too much smaller and probably be on sale for half off again.

There's a guy near me on offerup upselling the 2011 millennium falcon for 40 bucks w/o figures. Just a thought.
[attachment=32728:20190907_094712.jpg]

Done, done, and done.

It's funny...I modded the first Falcon with lights which kinda reduced the playability of the interior with the wiring and battery pack. He used to freak out all the time about it. But now it's the first thing he shows anybody who comes over.

He got the Death Star last year for xmas, so I think part of him believes he's getting the Falcon this year. I'd like to get him something big and cool again, but I'm also a cheapass. I was thinking the Devastator would be around $500...sticker shock can be a bitch.

Thanks for the tips though.

20190907_094712.jpg

Done, done, and done.

It's funny...I modded the first Falcon with lights which kinda reduced the playability of the interior with the wiring and battery pack. He used to freak out all the time about it. But now it's the first thing he shows anybody who comes over.

He got the Death Star last year for xmas, so I think part of him believes he's getting the Falcon this year. I'd like to get him something big and cool again, but I'm also a cheapass. I was thinking the Devastator would be around $500...sticker shock can be a bitch.​

Thanks for the tips though.​
Niiiice. I'm contemplating buying a second one and seeing if I can combine the two into a bigger MOC.

I feel the same way
Unless some glitch happens don't think I could justify paying more than 400-ish for either the monster destroyer or falcon.

$800 is more than Ive ever paid for rent. Hell three years ago in NY state my rent for a 1200ish SF three bedroom deplux was $700 a month and I had roommates.

Husher, new solution, stop spoiling your kid and spoil me instead. ;) 

Lol.

I have a dilemma now. The pawn shop by me has a UCS Slave 1, UCS Y Wing, and UCS Snowspeeder for 150 buck each. No boxes. Already assembled. Maybe I can attempt to haggle.

I bet that's what he paid for all three, guys on fucking crack if he thinks he can sell them unboxed for that much. One of them is still  in production, the other two have retired with in the last year and don't sell for much more than they were boxed brand new.

Wasn't the UCS Y-Wing on sale at Walmart.com for $150 new a few times this summer? And the Slave 1 just retired this year to replace with with a smaller more expensive version but with better figs.

I was watching an ebay auction for Chip and Dale; Scrooge McDuck and Red and Blue Duck. It's at $24.50 right now. (Thankfully I grabbed one bag at Target and pretty sure I felt the last one I needed. So yay.) I just don't get what people are thinking as the other 5 minifigure sets from the seller go for $10-15. LEGO people are really weird, more so Disney (Star Wars) LEGO people.

If anyone is interested in a trade, I have the Voltron set (21311) brand new/complete in sealed bags. No box/manual/stickers, just the 16 parts bags sealed and never opened. 

If you buy the Boost Droid set you get a macro Boost promo thing, a lunch box, and the Hidden Side set.

So LEGO gives you a free lunch box with $99 order but you get a free bag at $200? What the hell? :lol:

My Walmart clearanced Hidden Side 70423 Paranormal Intercept Bus 3000 for $30 and 70418 JBs Ghost Lab for $11.. also have some poly bags for 2
I thought this was going to be a one store in a million thing, but it's actually a one store in twenty thing. All to far for me to drive, but maybe some of you others could get lucky checking brickseek.

So the gingerbread house was finally announced, 1477 and 'only' $100. Two figures and a baby tile thing. It's interesting. I think it needs more color.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-creator-gingerbread-house-10267-officially-announced/?fbclid=IwAR3ZLmo3QSDXwFY_wlByQqDG_iCnLj-QRJQZKI056e2o--vjc-sKp52v9Jg
Kind of messed up that the minifigs are gingerbread people. They are living in a house made of gingerbread. It would be like people living in a house made of human skin and bones. What is this LEGO Carcosa nightmare that they have conjured up?

Kind of messed up that the minifigs are gingerbread people. They are living in a house made of gingerbread. It would be like people living in a house made of human skin and bones. What is this LEGO Carcosa nightmare that they have conjured up?
Does the oven open? Does the baby tile fit in it? This could get dark in a hurry.

Does the oven open? Does the baby tile fit in it? This could get dark in a hurry.
You two have some really fucked up thinking.

I have never loved someone more than you two right now. :grouphug:

Speaking of oven there are two of them, one is outside and one is instead so maybe that's where babies come from....

Thanks for the present!
Enjoy! I contacted Lego and they ended up just refunding me since it's out of stock for now. I assumed they'd contact FedEx first but whatever. I'm sure it'll be readily available soon enough like Big Bang Theory and Doctor Who were.

Well, I went cray cray today. I went back to the pawn shop and haggled for the ucs sets. I ended up with the UCS Snowspeeder, Y wing, slave 1, and two regular sized snowspeeders for 320.XX after tax. No regrets...until my girlfriend gets home.

bread's done
Back