LEGO Deals 3

Wings no need to explain yourself, not everyone needs to virtue signal while discussing LEGO
So stealing LEGO from Target or whatever is fine, but heaven forbid looting LEGO from the LEGO Store! How dare the looters!

I don't get that logic, isn't theft theft?

You didn't compare my comment back to the other theft, though. You compared it to murder.

Lego donated $4M to non-profits that support black children, etc. So yeah, it's a little disappointing that a company who is trying to do the right thing had their store smashed and looted by opportunists who probably don't give a shit about the movement. And yes, it sucks for all affected stores, but I highlighted the Lego store because last I checked, this is a Lego thread.

And TBH, if we're setting a bar that we can't complain about anything LESS than murder, we may as well have a mod lock this thread. Because most of the posts are complaints about prices going up and quality going down. Which is certainly less upsetting than the fact that another black man was murdered by the terrorists cops.

You didn't compare my comment back to the other theft, though. You compared it to murder.

Lego donated $4M to non-profits that support black children, etc. So yeah, it's a little disappointing that a company who is trying to do the right thing had their store smashed and looted by opportunists who probably don't give a shit about the movement. And yes, it sucks for all affected stores, but I highlighted the Lego store because last I checked, this is a Lego thread.

And TBH, if we're setting a bar that we can't complain about anything LESS than murder, we may as well have a mod lock this thread. Because most of the posts are complaints about prices going up and quality going down. Which is certainly less upsetting than the fact that another black man was murdered by the terrorists cops.
Most of the complaints - no matter what they’re about - have always come from one person

Most of the complaints - no matter what they’re about - have always come from one person
Says the prick who is bitching and moaning about their poor LEGO store being looted. Meanwhile George Floyd is dead, his six year old daughter no longer has a dad because the cops YET AGAIN murdered another black man.

Lego makes over a billion every year in net profit, they will be fine. But so grateful for the 4 million they donate, how nice of them. Yet again you care about something stupid like that and not the lives the police are taking or the violence they are creating. They are still terrorizing black people. It's amazing you are so closed minded to the world you live in.

So you can go fuck off and just buy your LEGO online when the rest of us are trying to work as much as we can, stay healthy, stay safe and protest for a better world.

Says the prick who is bitching and moaning about their poor LEGO store being looted. Meanwhile George Floyd is dead, his six year old daughter no longer has a dad because the cops YET AGAIN murdered another black man.

Lego makes over a billion every year in net profit, they will be fine. But so grateful for the 4 million they donate, how nice of them. Yet again you care about something stupid like that and not the lives the police are taking or the violence they are creating. They are still terrorizing black people. It's amazing you are so closed minded to the world you live in.

So you can go fuck off and just buy your LEGO online when the rest of us are trying to work as much as we can, stay healthy, stay safe and protest for a better world.
Cool rant bruh but I wasn’t the one who brought up the stolen LEGO. Would’ve been more suitable for a circle jerk exercise on some kind of subreddit though, I’m sure you’d tire them out though too. Why is it again that groups like euro bricks don’t want your charming personality around?

I realize this won’t get through that wall of narcissism and negativity that you’ve built up over the years but it is possible to care and comment about different things, to varying degrees, concurrently both on a micro and macro level. Everything isn’t either/or. But your virtue signal is noted my dude - you’re making a real difference in the world... here on a video game deal website... in a thread about LEGO

Is your outrage reserved for black men killed by cops or do you share the same outrage for the ones killed daily by non-cops? What about the 24 people killed this last week in Chicago?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sharing my experience today since I finally went to my lego store for the first time since October-ish (still salty I missed out on some of the cute Halloween prints). I'm in Northeast Ohio.

Employees were super helpful and precautionary. They were limiting customers to about 10 at a time. No touching of sets but they would grab stuff for you. I was a little bummed that pick a brick and build a figure were gone but it's understandable given it would be a germ farm. The manager told me they are going to get special scoops within a week in hopes to reopen pick a brick. Apparently If the customers can't self serve they are going to have some massive checklist where you can write down what you want and they'll fill the container for you.

I was able to get the central perk set, a city minifigure blister pack, a knightmare batman pack, and a huntress figure. It was enough to get the hot rod and some wrapping paper for free. The hot rod is pretty nifty.

Got a new Lego catalog in the mail yesterday and learned about the Dodge Charger Technic for the first time.....and find it sold out after heading to lego.com, bummer the free blue hot rod would’ve made it a instant purchase.

Got a new Lego catalog in the mail yesterday and learned about the Dodge Charger Technic for the first time.....and find it sold out after heading to lego.com, bummer the free blue hot rod would’ve made it a instant purchase.
Not surprising. More stuff is out of stock than in stock lately.

Check out the reviews. Seems like a mixed bag. I think the hard core Technic crowd was disappointed in it but for $100 no one should’ve expected it to be a complex build

With Technic sets I’m more interested if they can pull off the look of the source material instead of something that looks more skeletal. The Charger seems to pull that off nicely and I’m fine with the engine details and wheelie bar instead something more complex.

My Walmart got it in stock this month...and it never gets Technic sets. Might be worth checking if you're really itching for it.

I told myself to wait for it to go on clearance this xmas, but I doubt there will even be summer clearance with current inventory levels at Target and Walmart. :pray:

Lego just announced the next gen Mindstorms set: https://brickset.com/article/51850/fourth-generation-of-mindstorms-announced

51515 Robot Inventor, 949 pieces
Available early in Q4 2020
UK £329.99 -- USA $359.99 -- DE/FR €359.99

51515%20(2).jpg

Found a hidden side lighthouse for $30 at Walmart today, which also had the hidden side high school marked down to $75, I already have that one though

Found a hidden side lighthouse for $30 at Walmart today, which also had the hidden side high school marked down to $75, I already have that one though
Thanks dude. I was at Walmart and didn't even notice the price changes on the Hidden Sides. Picked up the Lighthouse since it was the only one left, but I passed on the school set hoping they'll survive until another drop since there were three. Brickseek also showed some stores around me that put the bus on clearance too if you guys didn't find one the first time they went on clearance.

Lego Ideas...a typewriter???

I'm old enough to know what a typewriter is and I would never want a Lego version of one.

I appreciate the build, but who is going to buy this?

Guess I better start building my 80's cell phone that was the size of a cinder block and put it on Ideas quick before anyone else does.

So is Wayne Knight the first actor to be featured in two different LEGO sets from two different IPs?  lol

Scratch that, I guess Sam Jackson makes the cut with Jurassic Park (Dr Arnold) and Avengers(Nick Fury).  Either way, pretty interesting/exclusive club to be in.  

Anyone else that would make the club?

So is Wayne Knight the first actor to be featured in two different LEGO sets from two different IPs? lol

Scratch that, I guess Sam Jackson makes the cut with Jurassic Park (Dr Arnold) and Avengers(Nick Fury). Either way, pretty interesting/exclusive club to be in.

Anyone else that would make the club?
There's actually tons in 2+ IPs.

Hugo Weaving - Elrond, Red Skull

Mark Hammil - Joker/Trickster, Luke, Hobgoblin

Hynden Walch - Princess Bubblegum, Starfire

Tom Kenny - Spongebob, Ice King

Tara Strong - Unikitty, Raven, Bubbles

Ian McKellen - Magneto, Gandalf, Cogsworth

Orlando Bloom - Legolas, Will Turner

Andy Serkis - Gollum, Ulysses Klaue, Snoke

Michael Keaton - Beetlejuice, Vulture (there's not realllllly a 90s Batman movies one, so I'm not counting that)

Oddly enough, none of the Harry Potter cast are in the list.

My UCS Slave I fell from a high shelf and broke into pieces so looks like I have an unexpected project this weekend

Also I had no idea that GameStop sold LEGO online. Lots of clearance prices on Harry Potter and Hidden Side sets - which you can have price matched at Target
So far I scored Beauxbatons carriage for $15, will be hunting for some others later

Good idea man. Thanks!

After about 20 good offer up buys I finally had a guy rip me off. "Sealed" batman set was missing about 75 percent of the pieces lol. At least I only paid 5 bucks for it.

Lucky!  You've got some lazy Target employees...they shouldn't price match items that are out of stock. 

Not much left at Target to price match either!

Targets around me are slowly getting product in, they have the white stickers on them since they are apparently from the UK
Yeah the guy at the second target looked long and hard at my phone and his little scanner before he matched the bus
The first one I did for Beauxbatons carriage at a different target didn’t even hesitate, just told me I didn’t have to come to customer service to do it

Targets around me are slowly getting product in, they have the white stickers on them since they are apparently from the UK
Yeah the guy at the second target looked long and hard at my phone and his little scanner before he matched the bus
The first one I did for Beauxbatons carriage at a different target didn’t even hesitate, just told me I didn’t have to come to customer service to do it
Is that what those stickers are, I got one from target.com and was a little dumbfounded.

My son cleaned his room this past weekend and found a box of Bionicle parts and pieces, no instructions so I am not sure what is complete or not and have no idea how Bionicle is priced on the secondary market. I know there are always some Bionicle fans in here so if anyone is interested shoot me a pm and we can work out a deal

Liking that Hedwig set that comes out in September, looks like a LEGO store / B&N Exclusive ... $39.99 seems reasonable.

Just cancelled a few discounted LEGO orders from Walmart ... spending too much on toys in uncertain times. Granted, I couldn’t resist the Jurassic World Dino Mech set on sale for $62 from B&N ... that set got surpassingly hard to find under msrp really fast.

bread's done
Back