LEGO Deals 3

Ugh … Daily Bugle pics leaked … there goes $300 I didn’t need to spend … love the Green Goblin exploding out of the front of the building … probably a day one for me … think I might return a few of my May 4th purchases to lessen the impact.

Ugh … Daily Bugle pics leaked … there goes $300 I didn’t need to spend … love the Green Goblin exploding out of the front of the building … probably a day one for me … think I might return a few of my May 4th purchases to lessen the impact.
I saw it and all I thought was 'Damn this set is busy'.

I don't know if I like it, need to see better pictures. I was hoping for more tan like the last set. What I really don't like is the red, not even dark red, fire escape. Feel like something from a City set. It's distracting.

I have a feeling I'll like it more with better pictures. (Besides the fire escape.)

I agree … there’s a lot going on in the picture that leaked, but most of that is the ton of mini figures. I like that’s it’s actually a high rise building, feel like it will look cool next to some of the shorter modulars like Assembly Square, etc.

While I’m excited for it, I definitely want to see interior pics to make a final call … hopefully it’s similar to the Ghostbusters build with lots of detail inside. Still a bit bummed my finances weren’t in a great place when that set came out.

I agree … there’s a lot going on in the picture that leaked, but most of that is the ton of mini figures. I like that’s it’s actually a high rise building, feel like it will look cool next to some of the shorter modulars like Assembly Square, etc.

While I’m excited for it, I definitely want to see interior pics to make a final call … hopefully it’s similar to the Ghostbusters build with lots of detail inside. Still a bit bummed my finances weren’t in a great place when that set came out.
I have a shit ton on money for at least the next month and wish I got the Ghostbusters HQ and the $300 NinjaGo sets.

Daily Bugle has been shown and it's 32 inches tall and has 25 minifigures!!!!!!
Fully enclosed and detailed inside.

LEGO-Marvel-Super-Heroes-Daily-Bugle-76178-3-scaled.jpg

In a way it makes me hate LEGO even more. The modular Police Station has 1500 less pieces and FIVE figures for $200, it doesn't even have a costumer for the donut shop. Yet The NinaGo set can have 10+ figures and 5000 pieces and a licensed Spider Man set can have 25 figures?! Just shows that the modulars could easily still be priced at $140-$150.

But I guess I should be happy this isn't $450.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of minifigures and a solid price, but I dunno, the outside of the building looks like a really boring build?  I'm sure there are some fun details inside that might be more interesting, but I'm a little underwhelmed.

Set is on lego.com with interior pics. I like that it’s fully enclosed and you can remove the back. There’s not a good pic of the ground floor, but overall I like it enough. I may wait but this will likely be the first $150+ set I buy since Tower of Orthanc. I think there have been better sets since then, but the subject matter for Daily Bugle is what’s pushing me.

That's a lot of minifigures and a solid price, but I dunno, the outside of the building looks like a really boring build? I'm sure there are some fun details inside that might be more interesting, but I'm a little underwhelmed.
The build does look boring but it would look amazing in a modular setup and is compatible. I wish LEGO added some color or actual windows to the firs floor to break up the build a little.

My favorite LEGO builds are buildings and dragons so I might get it.

Looks 1,000 times better than the ugly MOC that was circulating for awhile. I actually appreciate that it looks like what it’s supposed to be, a large, downtown-esque building. It will go great in a city set up and the signs have some great details we’ve never seen before. I’m glad it’s not too cartoony or unrealistic.

One criticism … why are Mary Jane figures so rare … I think there’s been like one or two. Even though it doesn’t fit with the Daily Bugle theme, I wish they’d included Mary Jane.

Man, this is going to be a sick addition to my Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle … between those two sets you almost get all the Spidey villains. Except the Lizard …

Lizard and MJ LEGO!!

Set is on lego.com with interior pics. I like that it’s fully enclosed and you can remove the back. There’s not a good pic of the ground floor, but overall I like it enough. I may wait but this will likely be the first $150+ set I buy since Tower of Orthanc. I think there have been better sets since then, but the subject matter for Daily Bugle is what’s pushing me.
There’s an overhead shot of the ground floor I think. Waiting room with a red vending machine

The upcoming Lego Infinity Gauntlet replica looks pretty wicked, especially when you can probably mod it with a custom lighting kit.  Super excited!

LEGO-76191-Infinity-gauntlet-768x1462.jpg

That set is pretty cool, will probably pick up for $35.

In other news, the last coin - the LEGO gold coin - sold out in less than an hour. I guess I should be happy I got the Space coin, but slightly bitter I missed the last coin by a few minutes this morning.

QUEER LEGOS!!!!

I picture in 2022 that LEGO will release the same set but with Classic Space pieces and charge $90 because they can. :lol:

That set is pretty cool, will probably pick up for $35.

In other news, the last coin - the LEGO gold coin - sold out in less than an hour. I guess I should be happy I got the Space coin, but slightly bitter I missed the last coin by a few minutes this morning.
I think it was Brick Fan that said LEGO is supposed to be doing another run of the coins later in the year.

The Brickset review of the Pride set is the most disgusting thing that dumbfucker Huw has ever posted, and that says a lot. He got the pride flag info wrong but worse this is the most tone death fucking thing.

They (the figures) are all different, some male, some female and others androgynous.
THEY ARE ALL fuckING ANDROGYNOUS! They are fucking lego minifigures without any printing! For a set that is about queer pride, including trans colors, maybe get a person who isn't a fucking closeminded bitch.

I guess I'll break my dragon or specific SW set only rule and buy the "Everyone is Awesome!" for a gift. The colors look great.

The number of Lego fans I’ve encountered online who feel a minifig can’t be female if it doesn’t have makeup is both disappointing and unsurprising.
Well people in general are disappointing and unsurprising. But Huw is the lead of Brickset. You are the first website to have a review of a pride set that has trans colors and don't know the basic facts of the flag or that little plastic figures WITHOUT faces can be either.

It's the same with the torso prints that have the hips printed on. I use those as pockets. It's a plastic toy.

Every minifigure until 1989 had a smilie face, so none were female? People...

I missed out on the space coin but managed to get the gold one by being totally lucky.

They said it was going to drop at 9:30 AM (EST).  I was setting up my account to be pre-logged in on my phone at 9:02AM and saw it.  I assume it dropped at 9.  So even when they release at a reasonable time they still manage to blow it.  

I did see somewhere Lego is supposedly going to re-release the coins later in the year at some point.  Hope I can grab the one coin I'm missing then.    (Edit:  Oops saw this was already discussed.)

Put together the Lunar Lander to go with my Saturn V.  Both are amazing builds and look phenomenal on the shelf.  Gonna have to get some pennies together for the new Shuttle.

Began the Bugatti Chiron last night.  Didn't get too far but the inside packaging is on another level.  Just gorgeous.

I should probably wait until a decent promo comes along before I pick up the Daily Bugle … but part of me wants to be in line on Wednesday at 10 AM … wonder if we’ll get any special Marvel exclusive sets that would have been at Comic Con as GWPs (although I think it’s postponed til Fall, so probably not).

Plus I’ve decided to return some of my May 4th purchases … gave into the hype and realized I didn’t need a bunch of SW stuff. Actually got to keep the promo set and got a gc back, which was surprising though.

Most pieces ever in a Lego set at 11695
$250
Release date is... soon. (I don't give enough of a fuck to look it up.)

LEGO-Art-World-Map-31203.jpg

Amazon Warehouse had a Tron set for $17.50 but someone beat me to it.

Comes out June 1st.

June 1st is also the date when LEGO sinks to a new fucking low. Spend $85 on NinjaGo IN STORE ONLY in the month of June and you get the honor and privilege of spending $10 to buy a LEGO NinjaGo Brickhead set! 

Don't even get it for fucking free.

Think I might try to grab it tomorrow morning. Anyone have any experience with average stock for a new release like the Daily Bugle? I have a meeting and probably can’t get to the store until an hour after they open … think it will still be in stock?

It should be, I would prefer go pick it up in store but I’ll settle for LEGO.com.

I would have loved to get this with a better promo but I have a feeling it won’t be in stock during those times.

Rolled in around 40 minutes after the local LEGO store opened and it was completely empty. Was surprised to find I evidently missed the opening rush and there were only 3 Daily Bugles left.

Was unexpectedly able to engineer a custom GWP option, as I had returned some Star Wars sets I bought on May 4th and was able to keep that GWP and today I returned a Harry Potter set I had picked up to get Amelia Earhart. While they told me over the phone that those GWPs would be subtracted, the in store policy was actually that you can keep them as long as your credit stays in the LEGO store ecosystem. So grabbed the Daily Bugle for $129 + return credit for the other 3 sets and ended up also keeping Amelia Earhart, the Monster Book of Monsters, the Tatooine mini, and a small bagged train set. Not too shabby.

My Bugatti Chiron arrived in the retail case, inside a non-descript brown shipping box with padding. I wish they would do that more often, but I'm guessing a lot of sets come with multiples per case.

Is LEGO shipping retail boxes directly to your house now? Did the Daily Bugle arrive in less than a day or is that something else?
It’s looney tunes like husher said, I ordered it from entertainment earth. The daily bugle surprisingly did ship out the same day I ordered it.

My Bugatti Chiron arrived in the retail case, inside a non-descript brown shipping box with padding. I wish they would do that more often, but I'm guessing a lot of sets come with multiples per case.
The the smaller sets come in several in a case, but almost all $100+ sets come in a box like that in a box with 2-3 sets. There is no reason LEGO can't ship them in that box in another box. My Saturn V came like that. I use the box as my building area.

Sweet! I need to move back to a place with a LEGO Store. I bought shit to get Earhart.

Someone was looking for the Jurassic World Gyro ball ride set. There is this one on eBay for $70 that LOOKS complete.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284308068730?hash=item423214d97a:g:Jp8AAOSwnEpgqG0W
Everything but the sticker sheet 😜 … (what can I say, it’s an addiction). Put in a request with LEGO, so we’ll see if they come through with a replacement since it’s still a set in production.

Has anyone else run into the issue of limiting which themes they buy … I bought a couple Jurassic World sets and suddenly feel the need to complete the collection (only the most recent wave, I refuse to pay after market prices for most LEGO stuff). This is why I can’t buy multiple Ninjago sets, some look cool but suddenly there’s a pull to collect them all … and my wallet dies a slow death.

Everything but the sticker sheet 😜 … (what can I say, it’s an addiction). Put in a request with LEGO, so we’ll see if they come through with a replacement since it’s still a set in production.

Has anyone else run into the issue of limiting which themes they buy … I bought a couple Jurassic World sets and suddenly feel the need to complete the collection (only the most recent wave, I refuse to pay after market prices for most LEGO stuff). This is why I can’t buy multiple Ninjago sets, some look cool but suddenly there’s a pull to collect them all … and my wallet dies a slow death.
Yeah I feel you there. The last complete series I bought was Dino Attack but I definitely fought the urge to buy all the scooby and lego movie sets when they came out.

bread's done
Back