LEGO Deals 3

Yeah, I have a dozen+ trains...don't need any more when the price is close to retail.
I have several and I don't think I've ever paid more than 40% off any of them.

For the next 6 months you can now get VIP points at Target, though a fraction of the LEGO.com rate.

https://www.target.com/c/lego-vip/-/N-iwvey?ref=qrlegovip&fbclid=IwAR3AKdXNKfMLwEwP3VuxHUjvX8PhwYsX0Hvbx4Xbon3syjd07l_pvtiqBRA&clkid=d963f783Na6c811ecbcf6738a236b78d4&lnm=81938&afid=The%20Brick%20Fan&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

I definitely won’t base my shopping on 1 VIP per $1 but at this point I’ll gladly take any bonuses, even at less than 1% if I’m already spending the $. I prefer the red card anyway because it’s $ off not points back, so it’s a nice to get a few vip points as well.

The price increases were rumoured for some time. However as of right now the Speed Champ price increases aren't for North America. They are still listed for $20 and coming August 1st.
Ah, got it. I thought the rumors just started popping up around beginning of July but I also don’t follow Lego news as closely anymore since I quit Twitter and deleted my Reddit account.

Anyway, went back and ordered Optimus before it increased also because… damn it FOMO. I dunno, my still in box Voltron needs a friend I guess.

Ah, got it. I thought the rumors just started popping up around beginning of July but I also don’t follow Lego news as closely anymore since I quit Twitter and deleted my Reddit account.

Anyway, went back and ordered Optimus before it increased also because… damn it FOMO. I dunno, my still in box Voltron needs a friend I guess.
I think promobricks hinted at the price increases last fall. Then full swing in winter.
Buy now, regret the purchase later. :)

And big news! I think my fishing boat arrived! My mom said that a 'Lego sized box' was delivered.

I think promobricks hinted at the price increases last fall. Then full swing in winter.
Buy now, regret the purchase later. :)

For me it ends up being this endless limbo of buy before retires/on sale/price increase, put off building, watch price increase, well now I can’t open it because I’m basically opening a $300-400 set now, I should sell this, I’m too lazy to sell and don’t really need the money right now anyway, whatever…

EDIT - Nevermind. The LEGO price hike has happened at Target.

The blacksmith, treehouse, globe, Home Alone house are all still old prices and you might be able to get 200-250 points with them on top of 5%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn...new Technic crane shot up $30 to $150...and I thought $120 was crazy.

And Prime jumped up to $180 not $170.

The blacksmith, treehouse, globe, Home Alone house are all still old prices and you might be able to get 200-250 points with them on top of 5%.
I regret passing on the treehouse when it was on sale several times.

Looks like the globe will be 2x VIP points in August, which is just more salt.

I regret passing on the treehouse when it was on sale several times.

Looks like the globe will be 2x VIP points in August, which is just more salt.
I regret buying it for full price in January 2021 because it was rumored to retire, along with Assembly Square. Neither one have. And it went on sale like 91 days after I bought it from Walmart.

If it makes you feel better, both Amazon and Target have it on sale for $190-$200 with the MSRP of $250 in the last week. Just because LEGO wants to up the prices doesn't mean it won't be $180 or cheaper again. It is NOT retiring this year. No sets with a price increase are retiring.

8 minutes to go! Let's count down to the price increase!

Tomorrow we should see a bunch of Christmas sets. They are normally added a month in advance. I'm curious if the Winter Village set will be shown.

Whelp … the last minute pressure of seeing the actual price increases on LEGO.com got to me … spent … significantly more at Target tonight than I’d like to admit. But now we see if the sets arrive in mint condition … no mint, no keep. Damn you LEGO 🤢

Edit - Scratch that … I came to my senses and realized that $700 worth of LEGO sets weren’t really necessary. Still aiming for the castle on Wednesday, but that’s enough for now … and I probably won’t ever buy the price increased sets I cancelled, but it’s all about balance.

I’m glad I did end up splurging on it yesterday because there’s no way I would have spent $180 on it.
Yeah, I wait on most new sets for a sale down the road so yesterday was good timing for Prime. I also got a Tallneck last week with a Honey deal and that set went up $10 too. The Orchid and Succulents I bought last week at Target are getting returned though...retail didn't go up, so I'll wait for a sale.

LEGO has three sets on sale for 20% off, a soccer/football stadium, the Queer Eye set, and. the underwater NinjaGo 'temple'.

$45 this year
LEGO-Star-Wars-2022-Advent-Calendar-75340.jpg

Same with this tree.
LEGO-Seasonal-Christmas-Tree-40573.jpg

$10
LEGO-Seasonal-Penguin-Snowflake-40572.jpg

I realize I’m part of the problem because I gave them money yesterday but really hope the general price increase kicks them in the nads in the long run
Record profits last year, timing the price increase right when we are heading into a recession that was seen coming a mile away - just generally dumb but I dunno maybe I’m wrong, besides this thread all the other boards and groups I’m in, folks were spending money yesterday but maybe it’ll catch up with everyone at different points
Other than the few sets i bought yesterday (licensed speed champions all very reasonably priced actually) the only other set im looking forward to is the at-te and that’s it, still plan on getting the guardians ship at some point if it ever goes on sale but that’s it

Stopped at a Walmart that had the T Rex & Atrociraptor on clearance. But the shelf tag showed 20% off the new $100 price, so it was $79. The original price. Just weird. Target prices were unchanged in store.

Based on the line of people at the Lego store today, the recession hasn't hit Lego just yet. Some people were waiting for the castle today only to learn it's out Wednesday. Felt bad for them. It only makes sense to Lego to have it release 2 days later than everything else. 

I realize I’m part of the problem because I gave them money yesterday but really hope the general price increase kicks them in the nads in the long run
Record profits last year, timing the price increase right when we are heading into a recession that was seen coming a mile away - just generally dumb but I dunno maybe I’m wrong, besides this thread all the other boards and groups I’m in, folks were spending money yesterday but maybe it’ll catch up with everyone at different points
Other than the few sets i bought yesterday (licensed speed champions all very reasonably priced actually) the only other set im looking forward to is the at-te and that’s it, still plan on getting the guardians ship at some point if it ever goes on sale but that’s it
My take is that this price increase, as poorly of a kept secret as it was, will certainly have the effect of boosting this quarters sales. Long term though, I have to believe it will hurt sales going forward.

Price memory is definitely a thing and even as some of these sets move toward retirement I really doubt they’ll sell as much as they could have. Maybe that price increase will make up for the lost sales volume, who knows, but the perceived value on any of the sets that increased in price, quite literally overnight is certainly going to hurt sales.

As they introduce new sets though, where we never knew it to be cheaper, I don’t see it as being as much of an issue.

As they introduce new sets though, where we never knew it to be cheaper, I don’t see it as being as much of an issue.
One issue with the "new normal" of higher prices is a set like this being $35. As long as people are still willing to pay the higher prices, Lego obviously won't change. I saw plenty of people buying the Justifier who certainly disagree with me that the set is too much. I'm not really sure what my point is other than I want another Ewok but this $ is crazy.

75332_WEB_SEC02_NOBG.png

I’m so glad I dropped Star Wars about 10 years ago. Between the constant minor improvement Re-releases and the abysmal price per piece ratio on them I had enough back then, it’s a downright parody these days though.

My take is that this price increase, as poorly of a kept secret as it was, will certainly have the effect of boosting this quarters sales. Long term though, I have to believe it will hurt sales going forward.

Price memory is definitely a thing and even as some of these sets move toward retirement I really doubt they’ll sell as much as they could have. Maybe that price increase will make up for the lost sales volume, who knows, but the perceived value on any of the sets that increased in price, quite literally overnight is certainly going to hurt sales.

Unless other retailers offer some good sales for Christmas, that’s when it may start hitting folks, we’ll see

The other thing I’ve noticed in other groups today is folks still surprised-complaining about it, when it’s all been known and confirmed for months now

Unless other retailers offer some good sales for Christmas, that’s when it may start hitting folks, we’ll see
I was in the Walmart clearance aisle yesterday and a girl asked for a Frozen set that was $30 (25% off) and the dad said “really? That’s $30?” and I was thinking “man just wait”

I have a few takes.

Lego did insane price points for sets before. $150 for an 800 piece city set. Then they went back down to $100-120 before increasing again. This might be the same way.

I knew someone who was pissed that my TRU didn't carry a $400 Death Star for his nephew. Some people don't care, but others will.

Right now we are in the "sale price phase" where Amazon just says the old price is a sale

Going forward when next year's modular is $230 for 2800 pieces I'll remember it should have been $200.

Lego wins either way. They make more money and more money or they don't. If they don't they have more sales or lower the prices and say it's because costs have decreased.

I think the best scenario we can hope for is more/better discounts during sales from retailers not named Lego. MSRPs aren't ever going to drop. Lego made that clear with CMFs and modulars. Once the line goes up, that's the new standard price. That's where the $30 and $50 hikes will really sting because finding a discount on the "Icons" is tough. 

I think the best scenario we can hope for is more/better discounts during sales from retailers not named Lego. MSRPs aren't ever going to drop. Lego made that clear with CMFs and modulars. Once the line goes up, that's the new standard price. That's where the $30 and $50 hikes will really sting because finding a discount on the "Icons" is tough.
Which is funny because in 2016-18 I started collecting modulars because of deep discounts right before they retired. I remember Cafe Corner being $95 and Green Grocer $105.

And Minifigures in Euro are $4, and often have 20% off sales so they are now less that $3 with the Euro collapsing.

And the prices of current sets won't go down, but price points of upcoming sets might be lower like LEGO did with City.

Which is funny because in 2016-18 I started collecting modulars because of deep discounts right before they retired. I remember Cafe Corner being $95 and Green Grocer $105.

And Minifigures in Euro are $4, and often have 20% off sales so they are now less that $3 with the Euro collapsing.

And the prices of current sets won't go down, but price points of upcoming sets might be lower like LEGO did with City.
I appreciate your optimism. I will be happy to be wrong if Lego releases CMFs in NA with a RRP of $4 again.

I appreciate your optimism. I will be happy to be wrong if Lego releases CMFs in NA with a RRP of $4 again.
The price of Minifigures won't go down. That's never going to happen. I was more pointing out how LEGO fucks the Americas so buy from eBay and get a discount. It's just more proof that LEGO is using inflation as an excuse to increase set prices that don't need to be increased.

I'll still be using the 10 cent a part rule for my purchases.

I was more pointing out how LEGO fucks the Americas so buy from eBay and get a discount.
Along your point, the advent calendars are all $10 more than the euro price. I watched a YT vid of all the price changes in US/Canada/Australia and Australia seemed to have the most by far but US seemed to be higher % for the sets that did change.

Recommend no sound because many Lego YouTubers don't appreciate good mics

https://youtu.be/aanYLGIeAWE?t=87

Along your point, the advent calendars are all $10 more than the euro price. I watched a YT vid of all the price changes in US/Canada/Australia and Australia seemed to have the most by far but US seemed to be higher % for the sets that did change.

Recommend no sound because many Lego YouTubers don't appreciate good mics
https://youtu.be/aanYLGIeAWE?t=87
I just saw that too. Again it's bullshit because of the over 20% VAT tax and they have 20% off all the time now. So that's like $15 in Europe when it be $28 for the Friends one. (Still the best)

Feeling a little salty that the local LEGO store won’t have the Forestmen GWP for tomorrow’s Castle launch. It’s almost like LEGO is testing out a variety of new ways to piss off its customer base, starting August 1. 😜

I say that with the knowledge that there’s also the pirate promo that is in stock at the store but doesn’t start until Aug 4. And I doubt their stock of 30 castles will last a full day … I mean, it’s possible … but …

I'm already self-loathing because I'm going to be waiting outside Lego to give them $400 for absolutely no bonus other than accommodating FOMO. 

My store said they had about 150 Forestmen GWP on Monday and didn't know how many castles they would have.  

Feeling a little salty that the local LEGO store won’t have the Forestmen GWP for tomorrow’s Castle launch. It’s almost like LEGO is testing out a variety of new ways to piss off its customer base, starting August 1.

I say that with the knowledge that there’s also the pirate promo that is in stock at the store but doesn’t start until Aug 4. And I doubt their stock of 30 castles will last a full day … I mean, it’s possible … but …
Pirate promo? I haven't heard anything about that.

I just don’t see the point of bringing the Forestmen promo back if it was going to be so limited. It’s clearly meant to go with the Castle and LEGO saw how crazy people went for it a few months ago. Why wouldn’t they ramp up production, especially with the original 14 day run it was supposed to have. Guess they were too busy raising all the prices to plan the GWP strategy …

bread's done
Back