LEGO Deals 3

It's worldwide though, not just in the US. Lego is just greedy at this point.
The Euro prices should go up. The Euro is worth less than the dollar and the sets were not priced fairly. Nixon in the 70s put a freeze on price increases, it helped during the freeze and then shot up. Now we get nothing and are told to be happy with nothing.

And the Target Ideas set has been picked, it's the Viking set to the surprise of no one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is to say what a school item is?

Staples once had a back to school commercial that featured the first GBA.
State law does though I was wrong to say just school items. Seems to be broken down into clothes, footwear, backpacks, and a specific list of school supplies for Texas. The comptroller has the full list published. Staples can show what they want in ads. The fine print surely said something like "in select jurisdictions".

State law does though I was wrong to say just school items. Seems to be broken down into clothes, footwear, backpacks, and a specific list of school supplies for Texas. The comptroller has the full list published. Staples can show what they want in ads. The fine print surely said something like "in select jurisdictions".
That's what I was wondering. Massachusetts just does no tax on everything less than $2500. Makes it easy to figure out. The Staples ad was from 20 years ago and just find it interesting Texas wastes their time making a list of what is included and isn't.

Tax on clothes and shoes is always bullshit. It's like taxing food. (Massachusetts is tax free on clothes year round).

I can't remember the names of the websites that sell Lego knockoffs. Mostly looking for knockoff road baseplates.

LEGO.com has the Queer Eye set for $60. You also get the Pirate pieces with it. I used a $20 VIP points and decided to get some Duplo themes dominoes for 650 points. An actual deal!

Lego ain't budging on the 20% Hogwarts figure pack or 30% Beatboxes. Not that I want any more but what's Lego holding onto them for? 

Kohls has spend $50 get $10 Kohls cash promo again and prices of old sets haven't risen. Treehouse is still $200, for example. If you care about boxes, Kohls isn't the best. I always do store pickup when I can, and the boxes often are dented/creased. 

The lighthouse is called motorized lighthouse so it lights up and spins. Looks really nice but I would never spend $300 on it.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-motorized-lighthouse-21335-officially-announced/

Huw, the owner of Brickset, doesn't think they should include thoughts on price in their reviews. Didn't think he could be a bigger dumbass, but there you go. It's real easy to think a set, like the lighthouse, is awesome when you get the set for free.

Huw, the owner of Brickset, doesn't think they should include thoughts on price in their reviews. Didn't think he could be a bigger dumbass, but there you go. It's real easy to think a set, like the lighthouse, is awesome when you get the set for free.
The argument that they shouldn't talk about value because "it's subjective" is baffling. That's what reviews are.

Glad I was wrong about the motorized lighthouse, but 2,065 pieces even with a motor = people shitting their pants sideways.

I’ll probably buy it in December … last big LEGO purchase of 2022 … hopefully there will be a decent holiday GWP this year and not another creepy elf and deer on lawn set. Glad the speculation about it being just a light brick was incorrect … still too expensive but I like the aesthetic of the set.

Not commenting on the price, value of the set is pretty dumb. I get not wanting to bite the hand that feeds you but there is a way to talk about price/value without bashing it or the company
But a great idea to avoid any such issue - maybe don’t raise prices during record inflation, heading into/are in a recession, after youve made record profits

Which had me thinking - all this talk of not being able to make a new monorail because the original mold was lost/broken - how about channeling some of those record profits toward a new mold. Charge your new prices and people will still buy it

They also have Hogwarts on sale for $350 … I was weak … $50 off original MSRP plus free shipping … knowing the damn thing is now $469 MSRP … yeah … I went for it.

I grabbed the new Ferrari Daytona SP3 Technic set at 20% off. Unfortunately, Zavvi had already increased the price, but I figured this was the cheapest it will ever be.

Now I just need Lego to release a standard edition of that damn book. Scalpers are asking $300+  :bomb:

Got a notification from target at 1a last night that target had the AT-TE back in stock, at original msrp, but of course by the time I was up at 6a it was sold out

I just looked at my credit card bill and have no idea what I spent so much money on. So probably a good thing I forgot to order the Asian Lunar New Year sets. (Until I have to pay full price or miss out on them.) :lol:

We have some Jan 2023 Star Wars sets...

I'll start with my favorite, a $20 119 piece 501 Legion set. The 281 piece set is currently $24 at Walmart.com.
On the flip side we are getting a Tie Bomber for the first time in 20 years.

Every box ripped open...like we didn't see this coming.

[attachment=37215:20220820_104658.jpg]

Tie Bomber is the one ship we're missing!!!!

Lego probably figured "it didn't happen much with Vidiyo" without considering most people didn't give care about Vidiyo. More than half the Walmarts around me have cameras in the Lego aisle, use spider wrap or use locked cases. Soon the "impulse" items will be next to the tobacco products or in customer service.

Zavvi sales...

• LEGO Icons Back to the Future Time Machine (10300) – $169.99/Below New MSRP
• LEGO Icons Camp Nou – FC Barcelona (10284) – $204.99 – Code: CAMPNOU
• LEGO Star Wars UCS Millennium Falcon (75192) – $689.99 – Code: SWFALCON
• LEGO Star Wars Republic Gunship (75309) – $284.99 – Code: Gunship
• LEGO Technic McLaren Formula 1 2022 Race Car (42141) – $159.99 – Code: McLaren
• LEGO Technic Ferrari Daytona SP3 (42143) – $359.99 – Code: FERRARI

Yeah, I thought their reasoning behind this was for a more biodegradable solution and to be more eco-friendly. Guess that was all bullshit.
It was to be biodegradable.
Just like the price increases was because of inflation.

Like you said, BULLSHIT.

I've been building the Queer Eye set. Really boring build as it's mainly platform and walls, but it's an amazing piece pack. Nearly 200 mason bricks, some awesome prints for the rugs and stovetop, 7 figures and three more torsos. I highly recommend getting it and the Pirates Pack for $60.

My local Walmart had several LEGO sets on clearance this weekend. We got the LEGO Super Mario Bowser’s Airship set for $64 (normally $100). We saw it for $80 at a different store a couple weeks ago, so we were glad we didn’t get it then!

They also had a few other LEGO Super Mario and other theme sets reduced, along with a ton of other toys (including a $40 Grogu for $13, which we also picked up).

attachicon.gif
20220820_104658.jpg

Tie Bomber is the one ship we're missing!!!!
And let me guess. Each one was a Shy Guy.

@n64ra is the Shy Guy the most common? I bought 10 of them and didn't get a single one. I was assuming that was one of the harder ones to get but apparently not.

Thanks for the info guys! I bought it directly from LEGO online so they just shipped them in a cardboard box and not the actual store box. I'll have to hunt some down. Appreciate the tip!

@n64ra is the Shy Guy the most common? I bought 10 of them and didn't get a single one. I was assuming that was one of the harder ones to get but apparently not.
I can't say but others are able to. I guessed that because I bought one and it was a Shy Guy. After looking at the photos, he seemed to be on the lower half of what I'd want so it seemed to line up.

Makes a lot of sense to me! Thanks again for your feedback. I'm going to keep buying them online for now to try and get the gift with purchase (GWPs) from LEGO.com and eventually I'll get the full set. I just completed series 4 so I'm very happy with that ^_^. 

Makes a lot of sense to me! Thanks again for your feedback. I'm going to keep buying them online for now to try and get the gift with purchase (GWPs) from LEGO.com and eventually I'll get the full set. I just completed series 4 so I'm very happy with that ^_^.
You can always carefully cut the box, see what's inside and reglue and return what you don't want.

Your plan is a good idea. The pirate bag GWP seems really nice right now. However LEGO has insanely stupid limits. You are limited to 10 of the Mario packs per account / address. So if you already ordered 10 and order a single one more your next order will completely be canceled, not just the Mario packs. LEGO is kind of stupid.

LEGO is kind of stupid.
I appreciate the limits on exclusives even if people easily circumvent them, but the lifetime limit on common stuff seems silly. At least have them a lot higher than 10 and maybe do it over a 4 week span, then reset.

But you can buy 50 of the Hogwarts figure pack,
so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I appreciate the limits on exclusives even if people easily circumvent them, but the lifetime limit on common stuff seems silly. At least have them a lot higher than 10 and maybe do it over a 4 week span, then reset.

But you can buy 50 of the Hogwarts figure pack,
so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
On a $500 exclusive, sure limits should be there. When the $800 Falcon came out there was a limit of two. That should have been one. However I'm a big Dots (Confetti) fan and all the series of a $4 polybag have been 3... for life. Except series 6 where you can buy 5! Meanwhile I could buy as many orders of 20 as I wanted from Target for the first 4 series. Now it seems LEGO got to them and they have limits of 3 too.

You can always carefully cut the box, see what's inside and reglue and return what you don't want.

Your plan is a good idea. The pirate bag GWP seems really nice right now. However LEGO has insanely stupid limits. You are limited to 10 of the Mario packs per account / address. So if you already ordered 10 and order a single one more your next order will completely be canceled, not just the Mario packs. LEGO is kind of stupid.
now thats just messed up. open, reseal, and then return. thats like fraud.

On a $500 exclusive, sure limits should be there. When the $800 Falcon came out there was a limit of two. That should have been one. However I'm a big Dots (Confetti) fan and all the series of a $4 polybag have been 3... for life. Except series 6 where you can buy 5! Meanwhile I could buy as many orders of 20 as I wanted from Target for the first 4 series. Now it seems LEGO got to them and they have limits of 3 too.
Target puts limits of 3 on lots of random stuff. My kids are into Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, and sports cards. Most if not all are limit 3 per order. There are in-store limits too, but they seem to vary by location.

bread's done
Back