LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JediKiller24']And that's shipped with No Box. 'to save you shipping fees. if you need the box add another 6.99' uh. yeah. wtf, for $55 shipping I expect it to be personally delivered with white gloves....[/QUOTE]

Well you have to consider this set includes a baseplate...those things are unwieldy...and are made of solid lead now.

Only $3.00 deal I found at my Kmart was the Toy Story army men set. For $3.00, I couldnt pass it up, even though its the third one I own now.

I stopped at a couple targets yesterday and found nothing on the Lego side. One store had cleared out all the clearance toys, but still had the SP set on "sale" for $69.99. Another had a World Racers, PoP, and SP set for 50% off. After seeing all you guys getting great deals though, that seems too expensive :)

Off topic, I did find a bunch of baby stuff for 50-75% off though. We got a stroller, car seat, high chair, bassinet, clothes, etc.

[quote name='postureking']I picked up 8963 Power Miners Rock Wrecker this morning for $3.00. I have found a Space Police set and two Power Miners sets, but no PoP sets. Does anyone know when this actually started?[/QUOTE]

Based on posts here, it sounds like last sunday.

That dink on ebay even has the set listed under star wars legos. What an asshat.

[quote name='Pirate331']Allow me to encourage everyone in this great thread to do their part in fighting secondary markup and general reseller douchery by reporting this fellow's auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330519943330&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

$55 (it was $45 before I called him out on it) to ship the SP Police Central from Vegas via Parcel Post. I didn't realize Nevada was on the moon.[/QUOTE]

Reported!

I will stop by Target on Sunday but I doubt i'll see any good deals. They were pretty wiped out last time.

Anyone know of any sales on legos at TRU this next Sunday?

I want to not waste my rewards on 10% off garbage that's on this week.

Dropped by Target on a whim and found an unlabeled Creator Ferocious Creatures set for $14.95. Went ahead and picked it up because it was the last set on clearance at Target that I kind of wanted and it was completely sold out last week even though I saw a ton right before it dropped to 50% off.

[quote name='etcrane']Dropped by Target on a whim and found an unlabeled Creator Ferocious Creatures set for $14.95. Went ahead and picked it up because it was the last set on clearance at Target that I kind of wanted and it was completely sold out last week even though I saw a ton right before it dropped to 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how it is. I'm debating whether I should return it or keep it.

[quote name='Pirate331']I didn't realize Nevada was on the moon.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the guy must hop into his own car and deliver the set himself. That's about the only way it would cost $55 to ship. What a joke. The absolute best part is that he says he ships without the box to save YOU on shipping. It's another $7 if you want the box.

[quote name='encendido5']Let me know how it is. I'm debating whether I should return it or keep it.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want it I might be tempted.... I don't have that set yet and I doubt target will have it.

[quote name='xycury']If you don't want it I might be tempted.... I don't have that set yet and I doubt target will have it.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll let you know. I'm trying to thin out my collection a bit so it might be on the chopping block :)

[quote name='xycury']
Anyone know of any sales on legos at TRU this next Sunday?

I want to not waste my rewards on 10% off garbage that's on this week.[/QUOTE]

No sales in next weeks ad.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']You guys finding these Legos at $3 are damn lucky. Stores here in michigan must know they dont need to mark any lego sets down that low to sell it because i havent seen anything here. Only checked three stores but they are the biggest stores around with the most clearance items. They either didnt have any or were still msrp. Have to check others i guess.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, no luck on my end either.

He's the man whose name you'd love to touch...
But, you musn't touch!
His name sounds good in your ear
But when you say it, you mustn't fear
Because his name can be said by anyone!

[quote name='FadeToOne']He's the man whose name you'd love to touch...
But, you musn't touch!
His name sounds good in your ear
But when you say it, you mustn't fear
Because his name can be said by anyone![/QUOTE]

Max Power! Are there Lego Max Powers out there? :lol:

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Finally found a $3 lego at Kmart. Picked up the Rock Wrecker after checking 3 more Kmarts.[/QUOTE]

I popped into one on my way home, I found a claw catcher for $3 it was marked $27. I could really care less for Power Miners but I'll take it for $3.

[quote name='TheHelix']Bought 10 Series 3 minifigs today. It took me 5 Targets to finally snag some.[/QUOTE]

Most of my stores are just putting out the Valentines sections. Saw the spot where they are going to be but no minifigs yet.

no minifigs in my target's valentine section. all the city corners were gone, which makes me suspect the pricing error was in effect here. (no other sets were completely cleaned out.)

no kingdoms poly bags there yet, but almost all the old bags (jeeps and helicopters) gone. still had the bullseye set gift cards!

stopped by borders and used the two 33%-off coupons to get two more S2 figs for a friend. they had restocked and had a good selection of SP, SW, and toy story among other things. i'll wait for a 40%- or 50%-off coupon to snag a big set.

[quote name='aunt beast']no minifigs in my target's valentine section. all the city corners were gone, which makes me suspect the pricing error was in effect here. (no other sets were completely cleaned out.)

no kingdoms poly bags there yet, but almost all the old bags (jeeps and helicopters) gone. still had the bullseye set gift cards!

stopped by borders and used the two 33%-off coupons to get two more S2 figs for a friend. they had restocked and had a good selection of SP, SW, and toy story among other things. i'll wait for a 40%- or 50%-off coupon to snag a big set.[/QUOTE]

You are lucky My borders only got a bunch of small sets in that are too much and no more skiers... I mean series 2. :(

Target actually carries City Corner? I haven't seen it in months and months and months, hell probably closer to a year now.

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been following this thread the past few weeks and thanks to you, have scored some pretty sweet stuff. With that said, I thank you all!

bigdaddy, I can probably find a skier in my area. I could do a swap if you could find a Spartan. That's the only figure I can't seem to get my hands on. It's the last one I need to round out my Series 2. I think I have all of Series 3 (my son is still opening them...he gets them for good behavior :) ). Anyway, I would be more than glad to do a swap if someone wants. I also have an opened Chief from Series 3 that I got a double of by accident. :(

Now that I have cracked my shell, I hope to post here more often. :)

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been following this thread the past few weeks and thanks to you, have scored some pretty sweet stuff. With that said, I thank you all!

bigdaddy, I can probably find a skier in my area. I could do a swap if you could find a Spartan. That's the only figure I can't seem to get my hands on. It's the last one I need to round out my Series 2. I think I have all of Series 3 (my son is still opening them...he gets them for good behavior :) ). Anyway, I would be more than glad to do a swap if someone wants. I also have an opened Chief from Series 3 that I got a double of by accident. :(

Now that I have cracked my shell, I hope to post here more often. :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome lurker. :)

I live in Western Mass, the only place that received any was TRU (which sells out one someone buys 1000 of them) and Borders, but I bought one and screwed up the barcode. So I can't actually find any of any of the series, they are never around me.

They did two surfers, so I'm just hoping for another series to have a skier and a cheerleader. However by that time they might be $18 a piece.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You are lucky My borders only got a bunch of small sets in that are too much and no more skiers... I mean series 2. :(

Target actually carries City Corner? I haven't seen it in months and months and months, hell probably closer to a year now.[/QUOTE]

this borders had two boxes of S2 back in the kid section and two more up by the desk. they obviously aren't selling quickly at $3.99 a pop.

this was the best selection of lego i've seen them stock since their pre-xmas display; unfortunately they had no HP, POP, or PQ.

yep re: city corner at target. wish i could have found one (or more) at the reported low/wrong price!

[quote name='aunt beast']this borders had two boxes of S2 back in the kid section and two more up by the desk. they obviously aren't selling quickly at $3.99 a pop.

this was the best selection of lego i've seen them stock since their pre-xmas display; unfortunately they had no HP, POP, or PQ.

yep re: city corner at target. wish i could have found one (or more) at the reported low/wrong price![/QUOTE]

Sounds like my Borders! They had 2 boxes in the kid section and 2 up front. Out of the 4 almost full boxes, there wasn't one Spartan in there. I had a 20% off entire order, so I finished out the Series 2 I was missing (minus Spartan).

Speaking of Borders and their sets, I was able to get the last Tie Fighter they had there thanks to you guys. Used the coupon from earlier in the month for 30% off. As for the rest of their stuff, it's a couple of Space Police, Toy Story and small Star Wars sets. Even with the coupon, they can be had at Wal-Mart for cheaper.

The Targets around me all have their Valentines stuff out and minifigs in 2 boxes at each store. $2.99 there.

bigdaddy,

I have to return 2 duplicates of Series 2 today and will check for any Skiers or Cheerleaders.

If you have an iPhone or Android, you might want to get Shopkick or Checkpoints for it. You can earn Target and Best Buy gift cards (in Shopkick) and Amazon.com Gift Cards (Checkpoints). If you are out and about, checking in and scanning gets you points pretty quickly. I used $75 worth at Target to get some more off the clearance prices. Just something to offer while you are in the stores browsing. :)

My Borders received one Series 2 box that lasted from like August until Christmas. I was hoping they found another but no luck.

I'm thinknig about waiting until series 4 and hoping TRU has a B2G1 sale and get there early and buy a bunch. I really like series 4, need the hazmat, hockey player, painter and Asian queen.

Aren't Cheerleaders series 1? I missed the boat on that. I bought all eleven Series 2 I found at Walmart yesterday and boy was I surprised to come home and find 3 Spartans! Are Skiers that hard to come by? I gave a friend of mine a skier/snowboarder pair for Christmas and she loved them!!!

I just like the skier, and all of them are hard to come by here. :lol:

LEGO should realize that no one got series one because LEGO fucked that up. So if we get two surfers why not have another skier or cheerleader in series 5 or 6?

Hit all the Kmarts around B'HAM Al and found diddly. They just never stock any lego stuff. It appears they have just given up and are waiting for the bankruptcy to kick in.

[quote name='videriant']Aren't Cheerleaders series 1? I missed the boat on that. I bought all eleven Series 2 I found at Walmart yesterday and boy was I surprised to come home and find 3 Spartans! Are Skiers that hard to come by? I gave a friend of mine a skier/snowboarder pair for Christmas and she loved them!!![/QUOTE]

You are right. Forgot about that. I wound up getting all of Series 1 and 3. Missing the Spartan to finish off the 2nd collection and you found 3. Argh! I couldn't find one out of 4 full boxes. FML

Built the Construct-a-Zurg with my Son tonight. Wow, that little cannon really shoots far! Overall I like the Construct-a-Buzz better, but this cannon is way cooler than Buzz's flick-missile.

Also built the PoP Ostrich Race, and after finishing it I really wish I found more than the one for $3. Neat set, and the Dastan has a two-face head and dual-swords in backpack scabbard. Plus, two ostriches! It may not be a very large set, but overall (and considering the price) I'm happy with it.

[quote name='aunt beast']no minifigs in my target's valentine section. all the city corners were gone, which makes me suspect the pricing error was in effect here. (no other sets were completely cleaned out.)

stopped by borders and used the two 33%-off coupons to get two more S2 figs for a friend. they had restocked and had a good selection of SP, SW, and toy story among other things. i'll wait for a 40%- or 50%-off coupon to snag a big set.[/QUOTE]

Any of the new star wars sets that were just released at Borders?

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Built the Construct-a-Zurg with my Son tonight. Wow, that little cannon really shoots far! Overall I like the Construct-a-Buzz better, but this cannon is way cooler than Buzz's flick-missile.

Also built the PoP Ostrich Race, and after finishing it I really wish I found more than the one for $3. Neat set, and the Dastan has a two-face head and dual-swords in backpack scabbard. Plus, two ostriches! It may not be a very large set, but overall (and considering the price) I'm happy with it.[/QUOTE]

Is the Ostrich Race worth $9.99? The Lego Store here had them for that much.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Any of the new star wars sets that were just released at Borders?[/QUOTE]

The Borders here has nothing new. And nothing "big". I took the only thing worth it a couple weeks ago (Vader's Tie). I hope they get something new. I could use those coupons!

[quote name='IOIHUMMERIOI']Is the Ostrich Race worth $9.99? The Lego Store here had them for that much.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for that price. The set is garbage really at $20. Some smaller parts in new browns and tans and such, and four dark tan 2x2 tiles with one stud in the center. It really should only be thought of as a part pack.

It should have really been a $15 at release. If you really want the ostriches I suggest getting it. For $10 you get three minifigures, with new hair pieces and such, a new sword backpack thing and the two ostriches, and some stuff for parts.

If you want what will most likely be the only LEGO ostriches ever, and three nice minifigures then I say buy it. The gate part is really stupid, but the way the gate opens is really awesome.

Just fuck it, do you want the ostriches? Yes, buy the set, no then pass. :lol:

I saw Series 3 minifigs at a couple Walmarts (at the "always-low-price-always" of 2.97). Was hoping to find a magical $13 Portal but they were still $50.

I was lucky to find a Claw Catcher set for $3 at Kmart. The shelf tag actually read "Was $34.99, now $3." Thank goodness the person doing the pricing didn't care about Lego.

I also agree with biddaddy, ostriches are the main selling point of that set. $10 is a good deal.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I bought it for that price. The set is garbage really at $20. Some smaller parts in new browns and tans and such, and four dark tan 2x2 tiles with one stud in the center. It really should only be thought of as a part pack.

It should have really been a $15 at release. If you really want the ostriches I suggest getting it. For $10 you get three minifigures, with new hair pieces and such, a new sword backpack thing and the two ostriches, and some stuff for parts.

If you want what will most likely be the only LEGO ostriches ever, and three nice minifigures then I say buy it. The gate part is really stupid, but the way the gate opens is really awesome.

Just fuck it, do you want the ostriches? Yes, buy the set, no then pass. :lol:[/QUOTE]

What he said. For $3 it was a real steal. I almost bought one of them at $9.99 about two or three weeks prior, so I'm glad I waited :). $20 is simply too much for the set, and is likely because the set has a lot of smaller parts. Think of it as a minifig pack, two ostriches, and some accessories for $9.99 :)

[quote name='TheHelix']I live in SoCal and I still can't find any Walmarts that have minifigs. I did find an empty box at one though.[/QUOTE]

Check at the front registers. I've seen them there as well. The ones in the Lego section have been torn open, rummaged and left for dead. Same goes for some of the smaller sets. Damn thieves!

Damn I'm so stupid!

Years ago S@H had this set for $5...
http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Batman

I only bought only one because I wanted to stay below whatever for cheaper shipping. Plus the set sucks.,

I should have bought two more. The set is horrible, but Catwoman is awesome (So awesome that she will be in the new movie), along with her bike. That $5 set sells for $30 now on eBay USED!

Screw the stock market, I just need to play my cards better in LEGO. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Damn I'm so stupid!

Years ago S@H had this set for $5...
http://brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Batman

I only bought only one because I wanted to stay below whatever for cheaper shipping. Plus the set sucks.,

I should have bought two more. The set is horrible, but Catwoman is awesome (So awesome that she will be in the new movie), along with her bike. That $5 set sells for $30 now on eBay USED!

Screw the stock market, I just need to play my cards better in LEGO. :lol:[/QUOTE]

If people start buying up Lego to treat as investments they're going to end up the same way comics and baseball cards did in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back