LEGO Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped at my local Target today; they have a dedicated clearance aisle and there were signs all over it that all clearance was now 75% off. It was almost completely empty, but surprisingly, there was still one more Toy Story 3 train set...still marked 56.xx. I scanned it and it scanned at 39.98 (I know that's only 50%, but I was very happy to finally see it down to that after reading of so many others finding it at 1/2 off.) So picked that up, the only other lego left in the clearance section was Rotor marked at 9.99. it didn't interest me, so didn't scan it to see if it was any cheaper.
Also found out my local Target doesn't have a vaentine's section. boo. no series 3 minifigs to be found. still nothing but helicopters in the bags by the registers.

[quote name='180husher']Do TRU rewards certificats only come in values of $5? I'm showing I have $9 in 10% back but I can only print one $5 certificate.[/QUOTE]

I know other people have reported getting $4 coupons.

My rewards came split up into six coupons. Three ($6, $5, $5) for a two-week period ending today, and another three ($6, $5, $5) for a two-week period starting tomorrow. Plus another $2 reward that I haven't received yet. Kind of annoying because the bulk of my reward came from buying an iPod Touch, yet they split it up. I was hoping for one $30 gift card or equivalent.

Gah... now that you mentioned it I just realized I have 2 coupons for $5 and $4 also expiring today.

What a crappy promotion/rewards system. I only get 2 weeks to use them? Can't use them online either.

Maybe I'll run over tonight and grab a Mandalorian Battle Pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys seem to be all about legos.....they are not new, but i have an auction on the bay (listed here in auct sect) stuff from 80's to early 00's..some neat parts. everything from older town, castle and space, to newer assorted stuff. i counted liberally to 2000 then stopped with leftovers. it may be a deal, maybe not. thanks, you cheap-ass builders.

10% off on the other SW sets? Yeesh, that only covers sales tax here in Cali.:cry:

Just checked a Target that had 50% off or better on tons of mostly the same sets; they literally had 25, yes 25 of the Space Police Intergalactic Cruiser (the large 850+ piece set) for $50.xx. Almost an entire shelf all the way across was filled with these, and there were even more on another shelf and in the regular Lego section. No other SP to be found, but they also had the Troll Fortress x15 for $50.xx, and all PoP sets for 50% off:

Battle of Alamut $40.xx (x10)
Dagger Cave $24.xx (x25+)
Fight for Dagger $16.xx (x4)
Ostrich Race $10.xx (x10)
Assassin Desert Attack $6.xx (x100+)

[quote name='etcrane']Holy crap ...[/QUOTE]

I said something a bit less PG... :whistle2:# but similar.

And TRU sent me 6 $5 rewards good through the 29th, so looks like I get to spend them now. In total I think it was around $50, and I didn't think I spent that much.

Went to a different target tonight to see if they had any Troll Fortress in stock at $50 so I could return/rebuy mine. They didn't have any TF, but I did pick up another 8057 Wreck Raider for $5, and a 8056 Monster Crab Clash for $3.98. Then since TRU was right next door we went over there and looked around. They had plenty of AT-ATs, but only one 6212 X-Wing was left. I passed on it, but did pick up a 7632 Crawler Crane for $39.99 because someone put a giant green inventory sticker on it.

[quote name='karkyco']10% off on the other SW sets? Yeesh, that only covers sales tax here in Cali.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Actually with TRU markup it only knocks it down to MSRP at best.
I also went to a couple of Targets and the 3 clearance toy aisles that were at every store on Monday were down to 1 or 2 endcaps at each store. Can't believe how many toys they must have sold in the last few days. Almost all of the LEGOs were gone, but there was 1 TS train and Trash Compactor at 1/2 off. Picked up both of these, along with an Iron Man Mega Blocks set for 2.50. This is only my second Mega Blocks purchase ever, but figured I would get it for the minifig, and maybe the plane would be OK.

I picked up those $2.50 Iron Man sets too for my son...for the mini iron man/war machine it was worth the $2.50. He couldn't build the little sets though as he couldn't figure out the instructions. I looked at them and they do suck, can't blame him for not building them.

Well, today was a very good day for Legos ... major thanks to donniedroc for posting about the Portal of Atlantis set at Walmart!

Grabbed one for myself and one for a mystery CAG (you'll never guess who ... ) and get this guys, the price they sold for ... not $25 ... $13 ... crazy!!

Then I was able to get my Space Police Central repurchased for $41.98 total.

It was a great day ... and this brings to a close my LEGO clearance adventures for this period.

[quote name='etcrane']Well, today was a very good day for Legos ... major thanks to donniedroc for posting about the Portal of Atlantis set at Walmart!

Grabbed one for myself and one for a mystery CAG (you'll never guess who ... ) and get this guys, the price they sold for ... not $25 ... $13 ... crazy!!

Then I was able to get my Space Police Central repurchased for $41.98 total.

It was a great day ... and this brings to a close my LEGO clearance adventures for this period.[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastards, I would have gladly paid postage for a bags only shipment... :drool:

It's always been my dream to have a 'lucky bastard' post on the LEGO board ... I'd like to thank all of you for making that possible this year ;)

Oh ... btw, if anyone else is in the area, the MV Walmart still has a ton of Construct a Zurg (Walmart exclusive) for $6 a piece ... not a bad deal there either

Does anyone know if the new star wars sets are showing up at Borders yet? Mine got all the big sets at the end of summer last year and then never restocked them. Want to use those damn coupons up.

[quote name='etcrane']Well, today was a very good day for Legos ... major thanks to donniedroc for posting about the Portal of Atlantis set at Walmart!

[/QUOTE]

LOL...I scanned Portal when I was there @ Walmart for $25. If it had scanned @ $13, I would have found a way to bring those 3 home with me! Glad I could help, etcrane.

Anyway, here's hoping that good Lego karma flows my way sometime soon.

Nuts. This is the first time this clearance cycle that prices at other people's Walmarts don't match mine. Congrats on the Portal find, etcrane.

Portal of Atlantis is still scanning 49.50 here.:bomb:
Congrats to the getters! Around here they are too slow to drop and everything disappears at 50% or higher.

[quote name='etcrane']It's always been my dream to have a 'lucky bastard' post on the LEGO board ... I'd like to thank all of you for making that possible this year ;)

Oh ... btw, if anyone else is in the area, the MV Walmart still has a ton of Construct a Zurg (Walmart exclusive) for $6 a piece ... not a bad deal there either[/QUOTE]

Zurg is awesome. Worth it for the arm cannon and alien minifig alone...

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Does anyone know if the new star wars sets are showing up at Borders yet? Mine got all the big sets at the end of summer last year and then never restocked them. Want to use those damn coupons up.[/QUOTE]

Considering Borders is going under and hasn't been paying its suppliers, I doubt they will be getting restocked on anything.

While not nearly as good as the $13.00 Portal of Atlantis, I was able to pick up 18 bags of 30008 Snowman while I was at my local TRU for .40 cents a piece (and before anyone cries "hoarder!" this was only around half of what they had, and I don't plan on reselling them).

It's weird, because a week and a half back, they only had the Tree set for $1.00, no sign of the Snowman. Now, a whole shelf full of the Snowmen. They also restocked on Indiana Jones Venice Canal and Temple of Doom...didn't scan the sets, but I would assume they were full price...it's just odd that they would restock on those sets since they were cleared out before Christmas. Same thing with the Bionicle Stars.

Also found out I live about 15 minutes away from Brickforge headquarters...which I'm guessing is just some dudes house. They don't allow pick up though, unfortunately. Be nice to pick some stuff up without making a $10.00 minimum purchase or paying 5 bucks to have it shipped 10 miles.

Yeah, I noticed a restock of Temple of Doom at a local TRU as well, hoped it would be at a lower price ... if course it wasn't. Wonder what TRU does with their old Lego stock, considering I think I've seen 1 set on clearance the past 2 years (the farm) and not much else.

[quote name='BLink']Question: is it true that 8061 Gateway of the Squid is not available in the US? I checked the LEGO site and thats what is says.[/QUOTE]

It's been OOS here. There probably is inventory in other countries.

Not nearly as good, but I picked up the neptune carrier for $30. Only Atlantis set I don't have, and I wasn't going to wait for it to drop further. My WM don't drop on anything like Target will. It's either 15/30/50 or that's it. I would highly doubt I'd see it further.

They also red tagged all the jester and pig sets at MSRP... so who knows if those will drop. I wouldn't mind those for half price for some cheap figures.

Lego Natick Mall still has a display pallet of 50% clearance sets -- PoP Battle of Alamut for $39.99, Dagger, Ostrich race etc.; some ATlantis sets, lots of Hero Factory -- also several SW Home Ones on the shelf at $55.

my meijer has a good selection of lego at 30% off, including atlantis, SP, and creator fire engine.

my walmart was cleared out. only thing i found was a zurg for $4.97. other wm had SP base for $24 but i didn't take it.

target 50% off legos were gone. saw an alamut (the set i was looking for) at $67. passed. wish i would have bought it when my walmart clearanced it out in november.

Finally, finally found some good stuff at a fairly close Target. Got the Battle of Endor for $50 and the Clone Walker Pack and the Assassin Droids Pack for $6 each. I'll be busy later.

All I have to say is BIG THANKS to Mr. Crane for the pickup on Portal of Atlantis! I, too, feel like a lucky bastard!

Gateway of the Squid? I've seen hundreds of those at various Targets over the past couple of weeks, I think the cheapest I saw (and passed) on it was $16 even. I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Aunt Beast I hope you scanned that Battle of Alamut set - I've seen it marked at $67.xx and ringing up at $40.xx on the scanner at Target.

Found Temple of Doom tonight at Walmart, even at $50 I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Perhaps if it used the regular size track or there was more to the temple part but it really feels like a set that should have been around $50 to begin with.

I got some good deals at walmart today..
lunar limo $16
another space police set i cant remember $14
green monsters creator set $14
4x4 truck with light up brick $45
lamborghini gallardo $30

180husher, were you looking for the lambo? I picked up two just in case. Also, Im not collecting the space police sets so if anybody wants them, let me know.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Finally, finally found some good stuff at a fairly close Target. Got the Battle of Endor for $50 and the Clone Walker Pack and the Assassin Droids Pack for $6 each. I'll be busy later.[/QUOTE]

Were there a bunch of those Endors? I figure eventually I'll get those Clone and Assassin packs, but that Battle of Endor has been elusive.

[quote name='encendido5']I got some good deals at walmart today..
lunar limo $16

180husher, were you looking for the lambo? I picked up two just in case. Also, Im not collecting the space police sets so if anybody wants them, let me know.[/QUOTE]

What's the other Space Police set? I kinda like them. I only have the Undercover Cruiser and have been unable to find any Lunar Limos on clearance.

I saw two Endor sets at one store last week, but according to the online tracker, they are gone now. The store I found mine at only had one left, and the box was beat to shit and open. I checked through everything before I left, and I am nearly finished with it, so I think everything is here. I think I got kind of lucky, because this set was right out in the open on an end cap, but had no clearance sticker on it, so I think a lot of people simply passed it up.

[quote name='GoingIncognito']Were there a bunch of those Endors? I figure eventually I'll get those Clone and Assassin packs, but that Battle of Endor has been elusive.

What's the other Space Police set? I kinda like them. I only have the Undercover Cruiser and have been unable to find any Lunar Limos on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I just checked, it's the undercover cruiser.

[quote name='encendido5']
180husher, were you looking for the lambo? I picked up two just in case. Also, Im not collecting the space police sets so if anybody wants them, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought the yellow one and police one at TRU months ago for $30 each. I saw two yellow ones at a Walmart and scanned them and they showed up for $30. Really tempted to buy an extra but I had to stop buying...I'm outta room!

Thanks for the thought though.

[quote name='180husher']I had to stop buying...I'm outta room![/QUOTE]

The wife has been giving me the EYE for some time, I need to start boxing up and putting away some stuff. ='(

[quote name='skiizim']I need to start boxing up and putting away some stuff. ='([/QUOTE]

Yeah! Like your wife!

ZING!

:lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah! Like your wife!

ZING!

:lol:[/QUOTE]

I have to listen to her, she does put up with my hobby after all.

[quote name='encendido5']I got some good deals at walmart today..
lunar limo $16
green monsters creator set $14
4x4 truck with light up brick $45
lamborghini gallardo $30

If husher do not want that lamborghini, would you sell it to me? if so, how much shipped to 96797 Hawaii?

Just got back from Kmart, was able to snag 4x 8190 Claw Catchers for $3/ea and one PoP Ostrich Race for $3. That's like $150 worth of sets for $15, woo. Too bad they didn't have more.

I was hoping for a smaller ship. I can't stand that LEGO doesn't make $50 Pirate ships anymore.

I just built the pig farm tractor, it's really simple and really nice. It's amazing how 13 lime green pieces really make it look nice. Plus you get about 5 extra cheese pieces in just the tractor bag itself.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I was hoping for a smaller ship. I can't stand that LEGO doesn't make $50 Pirate ships anymore.

I just built the pig farm tractor, it's really simple and really nice. It's amazing how 13 lime green pieces really make it look nice. Plus you get about 5 extra cheese pieces in just the tractor bag itself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they haven't had a mid-size ship in quite some time.

Talking about extra parts, it just popped in my head. I did not get any extra pieces in Series 3 MiniFigures. I always got extra parts, is this me or did the rest of you notice this too?

[quote name='skiizim']Talking about extra parts, it just popped in my head. I did not get any extra pieces in Series 3 MiniFigures. I always got extra parts, is this me or did the rest of you notice this too?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that, too.

Yeah LEGO is cutting back on extra parts in the minifigure packs. They really aren't worth it anymore being that LEGO is starting to use the "exclusive" pieces in normal themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back