Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas area, still only seeing the same four as other Texas markets. Portal 2 (Bought 10 for the parts, portal guns and turrets..., Cave Johnson would approve), Nya, Scooby (pretty much sold out now), and Krusty (everywhere).

guys some of my lego dimensions i bought off ebay for cheap came crushed

should i complain and try to get a partial refund or let it slide? thanks
If you were planning to open them, then let it slide.

If you were planning to keep them sealed for gift purposes or as part of a collection or something, then complain.

New ones today in SoCal area Portal 2, ninjago team pack, gollum, Emmet, Gimli, wicked Witch, Zane, and Eris
The first wave to hit had Cragger, Simpsons Level, Bart, Bad Cop, Unikitty, and Scooby.
No Krusty or Nya so far
Will update if more are out there.
I live in the LA area? Any idea which stores? The amount I've seen have varied.

Still looking to see if someone can pick me up for purchase a Ninjago Team Pack, Emmett, and Scooby Team Pack.

Also looking for Legolas, Gollum, and Gimli

Thanks

Save 30% on Groupon with coupon code WINTER30.

Limited time for the Loot Crate. Only $9.77 with the WINTER30 coupon. I doubt the coupons will get any better than 30% off.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/loot-crate-152-atlanta

Earn 9% cash back with eBates if you have that.

New to eBates? Get $10 cash back just for signing up with my link below.

Link
The code isn't working for me. It says it can't be applied to this purchase.

edit - WINTER20 does work, though. $11.16 still isn't bad.

I am a total newbie when it comes to Lego Dimensions. I had no intention of buying it given its high price tag, but I just couldn't resist when Amazon dropped the price of the starter pack to $29.99. I just recieved it last week and I was just curious, where are the best places to buy expansion packs and what sort of prices are normal for such packs. I might just wind up sticking with just the starter pack game, but if the starter packs are a decent price I would definitely be willing to buy a few. I just have no idea where the best places to buy them are and what sort of pricing I am looking at for such packs. Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated. 

I am a total newbie when it comes to Lego Dimensions. I had no intention of buying it given its high price tag, but I just couldn't resist when Amazon dropped the price of the starter pack to $29.99. I just recieved it last week and I was just curious, where are the best places to buy expansion packs and what sort of prices are normal for such packs. I might just wind up sticking with just the starter pack game, but if the starter packs are a decent price I would definitely be willing to buy a few. I just have no idea where the best places to buy them are and what sort of pricing I am looking at for such packs. Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
look up top lmao come on now

Can confirm new lego dimensions in stock at 99cent store. I got portal 2, Zane and sensei wu from ninjago, eris Chima, gollum, gimil, and Legolas from lord of the rings, and the wicked witch.

Man, if anyone could get a few of these for like a trade/purchase that would be awesome.

Based on the ones I have seen here these are the ones I dont have

Bart
Bad Cop
Eris
Zane
Gollum
Ninjago Team Pack
Emmet
Nya

If not, it's not a huge deal, but for these prices + some extra I'd love to have the builds and characters in game haha

If you live in a handful of states with 99 cent only stores (TX, CA, and I think AZ), that's the best deal you'll likely ever see without outright stealing them. If you don't live in one of those states, check ebay for those who do and get the packs for much cheaper than you normally would. If this doesn't last, or there are sets you want that never show up through this channel, wait for a BB %50 off sale and stack it with GCU. If you have a Five Below near you, that's a good source of Fun Packs that are $5 (or less), roughly what they are during the %50 off sales, except that price is all the time, and it's a good way to get started for cheap.

As to which sets are most economical: Fun Packs give you access to Adventure Worlds (if you don't already own a character from that franchise), where you'll likely spend the most time. Team Packs are the worst deal, as they are essentially the contents of two fun packs, but cost more than the two would be individually. However, no Team Pack character is offered individually, and many, such as Scooby Doo, Gremlins, and (for now) Harry Potter have exclusive franchises whose worlds can only be accessed through those packs.

Got everything I wanted except Krusty for under $20! Feels good man.

If I had one of those dollar stores near me I'd be driving all over and trying to get all of them, but I didn't plan on grabbing them so I don't wanna pay more than a dollar for them lol. Here's hoping they'll make their way over to the east coast cheaper. Maybe 5 Below will drop theirs eventually. 

Is this the end of Dimensions? Will I be able to buy at any of these 50% off sales without feeling like a sucker? Sure California has the best looking (L.A./Hollywood) and smartest (Silicon Valley) people in the country, but do they deserve the best deals on Dimensions as well? The rich get richer . . .

Is this the end of Dimensions? Will I be able to buy at any of these 50% off sales without feeling like a sucker? Sure California has the best looking (L.A./Hollywood) and smartest (Silicon Valley) people in the country, but do they deserve the best deals on Dimensions as well? The rich get richer . . .
This is definitely not the end of Dimensions. Most of these packs have been out for quite some time and are either retired or soon will be. This game costs no where near what it costs to make a game like Skylanders or Disney Infinity. The figures are cookie cuttered from any Lego set made today. This game will be around for at least another year maybe 2.

Posted this in the 99 cent thread but figure should share it too. This is the list I gathered of whats available. 

- Portal 2 Level Pack

- Scooby Doo Team Pack

- Homer Level Pack

- Bart Fun Pack

- Krusty Fun Pack

- Wicked Witch Fun Pack

- Ninjago Kai / Cole Team Pack

- Ninjago Sensei Wu Fun Pack

- Ninjago Nya Fun Pack

- Ninjago Zane Fun Pack

- Chima Cragger Fun Pack

- Chima Eris Fun Pack

- LOTR Legolas Fun Pack

- LOTR Gimli Fun Pack

- LOTR Gollum Fun Pack

- Emmet Fun Pack

- Unikitty Fun Pack

- Bad Cop Fun Pack

I have some extras and willing to trade for Krusty and Zane if anyone happens upon those two. 

Only hit two 99 cent stores so far. First one by work had nothing. The second one closer to home has about 100 each of the Bart and Homer packs. Just picked up a few for now

In SoCali, I've yet to see Krusty. All the stores are getting hit HARD, if you don't get there early, fo'get 'bout it! I want to mention this, a worker from the store that I got the rest of shipment 2 & 3 from said, a guy bought the only box of Batman ones. The Joker/Harley Quinn team pack? Batman comes with the starter, so was he wrong? Mistaken? My fellow CAGs, any word from the front lines on this? 

In SoCali, I've yet to see Krusty. All the stores are getting hit HARD, if you don't get there early, fo'get 'bout it! I want to mention this, a worker from the store that I got the rest of shipment 2 & 3 from said, a guy bought the only box of Batman ones. The Joker/Harley Quinn team pack? Batman comes with the starter, so was he wrong? Mistaken? My fellow CAGs, any word from the front lines on this?
I'm pretty sure he was referencing the Joker/Harley pack. A lot of people refer to anything related to Batman, even if he's not in it, as "Batman" stuff.

So if anybody has Nya, Krusty, Laval, Jay, or Lloyd hit me with a PM. I have a number of extras for trade on those. The only other one I really want is Jurassic World or the DC Superman, Aquaman or Bane but haven't heard about them showing up.

I honestly hate to ask, but can anyone help me to get the Simpsons Level pack, the Scooby-Doo Team pack, and a Cragger or any Chima pack? Please PM if able, and thank you in advance.

I'd like some of the others, but those three are the concrete ones I need from the 99 cent stuff.

Edit: Already working with someone on two of those, so all I need now is the Scooby-Doo pack.

I'm looking for the following:

- Ninjago Kai / Cole Team Pack

- Ninjago Zane Fun Pack

I have Scooby team pack, Portal 2 level pack, Nya fun pack, and Krusty fun pack to trade.

Would prefer to trade multiples as to cut-down on shipping costs.

I'd also be interested in any pack not part of the 99 cent deal.

If you live in a handful of states with 99 cent only stores (TX, CA, and I think AZ), that's the best deal you'll likely ever see without outright stealing them. If you don't live in one of those states, check ebay for those who do and get the packs for much cheaper than you normally would. If this doesn't last, or there are sets you want that never show up through this channel, wait for a BB %50 off sale and stack it with GCU. If you have a Five Below near you, that's a good source of Fun Packs that are $5 (or less), roughly what they are during the %50 off sales, except that price is all the time, and it's a good way to get started for cheap.

As to which sets are most economical: Fun Packs give you access to Adventure Worlds (if you don't already own a character from that franchise), where you'll likely spend the most time. Team Packs are the worst deal, as they are essentially the contents of two fun packs, but cost more than the two would be individually. However, no Team Pack character is offered individually, and many, such as Scooby Doo, Gremlins, and (for now) Harry Potter have exclusive franchises whose worlds can only be accessed through those packs.
Unforunately, I live in Michigan so no 99 cent stores by me. Never heard of Five Below so I'm not sure if Micigan has those stores or not. I'll definitey look into it. Again, I just knew absolutely nothing about Lego Dimensions, the pricing of the packs, or where the best place to buy them was so I figured I would ask. Thanks for being an actual human being and answering my question without the condescension of a 5 year old. Its much appreciated.

Went to three 99 cent only stores this morning and all three only had massive amounts (literally hundreds) of Bart Simpson and Homer Simpson along with Bad Cop. They were only on endcaps and these were full of Bart. At the last store however, I saw an open case (8 of each per box) of Sensei Wu and Emmett so grabbed 4 of each. Anyone in the LA area, please PM me 99 cent store locations where you recently saw others like Scooby, Ninjago, Portal etc. and I will reply with my store list and findings.

I've got at least 20 locations that aren't too far out of the way that I plan to work through, some repeatedly for restocks but without a way to easily check inventory on these, it's a crapshoot.

Look up top lmao? I honestly have no clue what that means.
I think he means the question you posted was answered in the posts directly above yours. If you read the top of that page you posted on, you'll see there are .99 cent stores are selling a bunch of fun packs, level packs, and a team pack for only .99 cents each. You'll also see there are ebay sellers flipping them for minuscule profit, so the prices there are cheap if you search "lego dimensions" on eBay. This is most likely the best "deal" going on at the moment if you don't have any of the packs. "lmao" is an acronym for "laughing my ass off." Presumably he means he is laughing at the notion you could have read the posts on the page you were looking at rather than type a question, wait for a response, and check back later to read a response. I think it is safe to also assume that he may once again laugh his ass off at this long post I am currently typing, but I am not certain. ;)

​I ended up getting a 4-pack delivered of Portal 2 Level, Scooby Team and Fun packs of Krusty and some Ninjago thing I don't really care for $15 shipped.  Considering a buck a piece to buy them and the little over $8 shipping, dude made a whopping $3 off me before fees, so I figured this was more than fair. http://www.ebay.com/itm/222389439034

I think he means the question you posted was answered in the posts directly above yours. If you read the top of that page you posted on, you'll see there are .99 cent stores are selling a bunch of fun packs, level packs, and a team pack for only .99 cents each. You'll also see there are ebay sellers flipping them for minuscule profit, so the prices there are cheap if you search "lego dimensions" on eBay. This is most likely the best "deal" going on at the moment if you don't have any of the packs. "lmao" is an acronym for "laughing my ass off." Presumably he means he is laughing at the notion you could have read the posts on the page you were looking at rather than type a question, wait for a response, and check back later to read a response. I think it is safe to also assume that he may once again laugh his ass off at this long post I am currently typing, but I am not certain. ;)
I know what lmao means and since 99 cent stores arent located in my state, those posts didn't help me one bit nor tell me anything I didn't already know as I had already read them. As for eBay, you can tell people to go to eBay for pretty much every item that is sold on our planet and pretty much everyone on the planet that uses eBay knows that. So when people ask such a question, they are not looking for "go to eBay "as an answer. I was talking about retail outlets and I was asking what the price of those packs usually sell for. In other words, the post above mine really didn't answer any of the questions I was asking so telling me to look at that post for answers to my questions made about as much sense as the structure of his sentence.

"look up top lmao come on now"

Thats just a run on sentence that makes no sense to me. Had he written, "look up top, lol. Come on now." then it might have made a bit more sense, but once again, the fact that the post he was referring to really didn't answer any of the questions I was asking....well, that just made that mess of a sentence all the more nonsensical.

Saphoon's post on the other hand, that is a proper way of replying to someone asking questions. So once again, thank you Saphoon for taking the time to actually answer my post like a human being who doesnt have a 2x4 wedged up his a*s.

I know what lmao means and since 99 cent stores arent located in my state, that post didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. As for eBay, you can tell people to go to eBay for pretty much every item that is sold on our planet and pretty much everyone on the planet that uses eBay knows that. So when people ask such a question, they are not looking for "go to eBay "as an answer. I was talking about retail outlets and I was asking what the price of those packs usually sell for. In other words, the post above mine really didn't answer any of the questions I was asking so telling me to look at that post for answers to my questions made about as much sense as the structure of his sentence.

"look up top lmao come on now"

Thats just a run on sentence that makes no sense to me. Had he written, "look up top, lol. Come on now." then it might have made a bit more sense, but the fact that the post he was referring to really didn't answer any of the questions I was asking....well, that just made that mess of a sentence all the more nonsensical.
Look, you have 835 posts and are in your 40s. If you can't take a second or two to read the last few posts of a thread before you post then you should get someone to help you understand how forums work.

Look, you have 835 posts and are in your 40s. If you can't take a second or two to read the last few posts of a thread before you post then you should get someone to help you understand how forums work.
Once again, I did read those posts and once again, they didn't answer the questions I had at all as those stores aren't in my state and none of those posts commented on the prices those packs usually sell for, which was one of my questions. This isn't rocket science. Those posts didn't answer the questions I had hence I made a post asking them myself. If they had answered my questions, I wouldn't have made that post to begin with. This has nothing to do with being lazy and not reading the previous posts and everything to do with the previous posts simply NOT answering the questions I had. If you can't understand that then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

And considering I have been using bulletin boards and forums dating all the way back to roughly the mid 80's, I was basically using internet forums while you were still in diapers. So I have a pretty firm understanding of how internet forums work. Unfortunately in today's day and age, you have a LOT of people who prefer to make condecening remarks rather than actually address someone's question.

How are folks storing their Lego Dimensions figures?

For Skylanders I could just throw them all in a bag, but Legos need more care or they'll fall apart.

So far I found some divided containers at Home Depot meant for nails and screws, but they don't hold

as many as I need after these recent $1 sales.

Is the official Gaming Capsule doesn't look like a good deal for what they hold. For the same price I could get several 

Home Depot containers. 

Any suggestions?

For Skylanders I could just throw them all in a bag, but Legos need more care or they'll fall apart.

So far I found some divided containers at Home Depot meant for nails and screws, but they don't hold

Is the official Gaming Capsule doesn't look like a good deal for what they hold. For the same price I could get several

Home Depot containers.

Any suggestions?
Their expensive (usually $24.99 each) but Lego makes a beautiful set of storage containers that also double as a display solution.

05ba93d3-7e14-4076-887e-b4cd0b587462_1.84be79e51ef13f3b83050afea6c222ab.jpeg

If you don't mind blue, Walmart has them for 50% off right now or just $12.82 each. And best of all they have LED lighting already installed in them.

2c68762c-5552-441e-a080-74ff92e2b867_1.cf39b73b6366ee1440c4306d5938be98.jpeg

Here is the link to the Wal-Mart page if your interested:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Santoki-LEGO-Dimensions-Lighted-Display-Case-Blue/47461797

Lego also makes stoarge containers:

8f9f0e06-1e03-4993-9ffa-77791392dcf3_1.3065082108e9fa807cadfa77d162f9c5.jpeg

If your just looking for a storage solution and dont care about displaying them, just go to a store like Michaels as they have a ton of different plastic storage containers that one could use to store Lego Dimensions pieces and they are extremely cheap.

A winnar is me. Not too shabby for a $20 spot

[attachment=25335:IMG_0085.JPG]

So far at 99 cent stores I've found:

Portal Level Pack
Simpsons Level Pack
Bart Simpson
Bad Cop
Emmett
Unititty
Chima Cragger
Chima Eris
Ninjago Sensei Wu
Ninjago Zane
LOTR Gollum
LOTR Gimli
LOTR Legolas
Wicked Bitch

Righteous Nixon, thanks for the storage tips!
I stopped in at Michaels on my way home. They have some options. Plus they usually have coupons to knock down the prices. Between them and Home Depot I'll be covered.

Home Depot containers.

Any suggestions?
I use this: http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-stack-carry-tray-organizer-storage-tote-2-pc-clear-with-green-latch/-/A-14779290

It's also available in blue, which I have.

The bottom tray set has almost the entirety of year one in it. I never bothered to complete the Chima and Ninjago sets since I don't really care about those characters. There's a little room to spare, but I went ahead and started a new tray set for year two. There's no dividers, so the figures can slide around, but it's not too bad as long as you're careful.

This is what I have been using to store my lego dimensions. I got these at Home Depot for $10 for a set of two. They stack and can lock together.
[attachment=25336:IMG_1272.JPG][attachment=25337:IMG_1273.JPG]

On a side note I found more of the ninjago two pack tonight at the 99¢ store if anyone is still looking for them. PM if your interested.

Im in l.a and i pick up half of them so far i got them from the hawthorne store that was like 3days ago and that night my lego toy pad stop working. Any one know any fixes or do i got to buy another set?

bread's done
Back