Lego Harry Potter Year 5-7 $29.96?

akir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I got a Wal-Mart ad in the Sunday paper and they show an X360 Lego HP 5-7 with the rollback price of $29.96.
This is in the Toyland Gift Book Pg. 33

FNn73l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blumpkin']Is there a combo price for the pair?[/QUOTE]

From previous page:

[quote name='JediKiller24']I'm just guessing, but I think he might have been referring to this week's Best Buy ad which lists the offer of saving $20 with the prurchase of both the game and the movie.[/QUOTE]

So yes ;)

[quote name='Blumpkin']I just ordered them from Best Buy with store pickup using some Paypal balance. The wife will be surprised![/QUOTE]

I think she'd also be surprised to see your avatar! :lol:

[quote name='Mad dog']I think she'd also be surprised to see your avatar! :lol:[/QUOTE]
Not so much. She'd be surprised if it was her in her Wonder Woman costume though. \\:D/

Depending on how well I place in the queue line for this game on Goozex tonight, I might have to check back here tomorrow and see if anyone has any luck getting this for $29.98. I'm picking up the 3DS version with the movie at Best Buy tomorrow since the 3DS version is less likely to see a dramatic price drop. Getting both games for $30 each would be quite decent.

Heading to Walmart in Chicago Suburb at midnight. Showed a manager the picture with the price on Wed. He did not say they would not honor it. We shall see.

I was able to get 2 copies. They rang up regular price in the store. I showed them the add and they gave me the advertised price. I had to play dumb. They were arguing with each other while I was walking out the door. Why doesn't the computer show it at the advertised price. I think they are going to post pricing error in the store. I am glad I went when I did.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']I was able to get 2 copies. They rang up regular price in the store. I showed them the add and they gave me the advertised price. I had to play dumb. They were arguing with each other while I was walking out the door. Why doesn't the computer show it at the advertised price. I think they are going to post pricing error in the store. I am glad I went when I did.[/QUOTE]

How? The game isn't out til today, and do you think it will work for Wii?

I stopped in the almost next door Walmart after a Gamestop midnight release for Skyrim and picked up the new BD and was able to get the game price matched for $30. They had an ad right there at the electronics table so it went pretty smoothly. However, the interesting thing was, it took $5 off of the price of the BD after it rang up on the register. Maybe there is a $5 combined discount if you buy the movie and the game together?

But yes, I also think this will get a price error printout at the front of the store come early morning. It required a manager to come and approve the override for the price match to go through.

Finally, something interesting to note is the case for the game has a sticker that advertises an exclusive downloadable character pack, only at Walmart. I have not opened the case yet to see if this is actually a DLC code, or a button press code, but the back of the case does have the "Game Content Download" descriptor box. Still no online play, which is infuriating after it was in Lego Star Wars Complete Saga, and never since.

[quote name='CyReN']How? The game isn't out til today, and do you think it will work for Wii?[/QUOTE]
It is Friday in Chicago. 24 hour walmart.

I did not buy the movie, so I did not get an extra 5 off.

They were closely looking at the add to find any difference. It was funny to watch. The lady checking out had not problem price matching. But since it required manager approval, that was when if got a little dicey.

I was surprised that Walmart did not send out a notice since the add has been out for a while.

I was able to get this also after a bit of time of them running around and trying to find out what was different/wrong

I will say, there is one SMALL difference in the packaging, the game is rated "E" not "RP" like the photo shows, I almost though they were going to catch it on that.

Is it ringing up at that price at Walmart or are they doing a price override? Also are there any exclusives in the game for any of the big three retailers?

[quote name='insomniackk']My local BB price matched without issue (after a double take with the ad by the store mgr)[/QUOTE]

Did you double dip and try to get the Blu-ray for free too?

They put the wrong picture on the roll back. Online it is
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Xbox 360) that has the rollback.

Thanks Walmart. I have 2 Christmas presents for a great price.

[quote name='Decker']Is it ringing up at that price at Walmart or are they doing a price override? Also are there any exclusives in the game for any of the big three retailers?[/QUOTE]

It rings up full price. They have to do an override.

[quote name='Decker']Are they honoring the price for only 360 copies or are they giving a discount on the PS3 version too?[/QUOTE] Only Xbox 360. That is what the picture is of. There are no words with it.

Hey guys, what are you bringing in to show them? Can i print out something, or bring my phone? I dont have the ad this was in :(

[quote name='nillarilla']Hey guys, what are you bringing in to show them? Can i print out something, or bring my phone? I dont have the ad this was in :([/QUOTE]

They should have the ad in store

[quote name='nillarilla']Hey guys, what are you bringing in to show them? Can i print out something, or bring my phone? I dont have the ad this was in :([/QUOTE]

It's in the Toy World catalog. My local Wal Mart had a large display of this catalog right when you walk in the door.

I just came back from Wal Mart, and got a copy on Xbox 360 with no trouble. The only concern the manager had when doing the over ride was about the dates that the sale was effective. (11/1-11/24)

I picked up one as well. The price override was easy, but it took awhile to find a Toy World catalog, even with the help of an employee. He ended up finding one in Lawn & Garden. Good luck all.

[quote name='180husher']Did you double dip and try to get the Blu-ray for free too?[/QUOTE]

My store (BB) wouldn't let me. They said PM or Promotion. I figured I can just rent the movie so I just took the PM.

For those that get a dumb employee that allows it, the $20 comes off the game not the movie.

[quote name='lordopus99']My store (BB) wouldn't let me. They said PM or Promotion. I figured I can just rent the movie so I just took the PM.

For those that get a dumb employee that allows it, the $20 comes off the game not the movie.[/QUOTE]

That means the movie discount wouldn't be automatic, then, after the price match correct? I assume that's how their system works anyway.

I was able to get the price match and the discount for buying both the game and movie. I even got the PS3 version of the game. Manager had to override the price match and then override the deal for buying both (the system showed it as taking the additional $20 off but it wouldn't actually take the $ off) but it worked. Surprised since this Best Buy has given me so much trouble when it comes to pre-orders, dlc not being included, game trades, coupons etc.

Just wanted to post my success to encourage others that are interested to try the deal. Thanks!

[quote name='DeskLaser']Finally, something interesting to note is the case for the game has a sticker that advertises an exclusive downloadable character pack, only at Walmart. I have not opened the case yet to see if this is actually a DLC code, or a button press code, but the back of the case does have the "Game Content Download" descriptor box. [/QUOTE]

Has anybody opened their copy and know what this Walmart bonus is? I have this ordered with Amazon, and am wondering if I should snag it for $30 at Walmart instead.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']Has anybody opened their copy and know what this Walmart bonus is? I have this ordered with Amazon, and am wondering if I should snag it for $30 at Walmart instead.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get any.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']Has anybody opened their copy and know what this Walmart bonus is?[/QUOTE]

It's an actual unique Xbox Marketplace code. I was surprised it wasn't a standard LEGO in-game code:

xbox_lego_hp_1.JPG

(The code is on the back)

Includes:
Luna Lovegood (Lion Head)
Ron Weasley (Ghoul)
Gilderoy Lockhart (Strightjacket)
Harry Potter (Yuke Ball)
Hermione Granger (Pink Dress)
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
Peeves
Rowena Ravenclaw
Salazar Slytherin

Sent my wife to pick it up. She's usually pretty passive, but for Lego Harry Potter, she was more than assertive enough to demand the game at this price. They told her the one advertised was a different version of the game (because it said RP in the corner instead of E10+). She said no, that's dumb, and got the game for $29.96.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal!

I hate my fucking Walmart.

Walk in zero holiday ad.

Walk to the back and ZERO game. Asked where it was they said come in Tuesday. I pointed out the big ad they had at the front door and he said mid-printed should be Tuesday. fuckers

My BB denied the double dip as well. They were more than willing to PM WallyMart, though. Cashier was actually willing to let it go through, but she didn't know how to apply the price match and needed a manager. Manager denied the double. Oh well.

[quote name='Pixel Scuba']Sent my wife to pick it up. She's usually pretty passive, but for Lego Harry Potter, she was more than assertive enough to demand the game at this price. They told her the one advertised was a different version of the game (because it said RP in the corner instead of E10+). She said no, that's dumb, and got the game for $29.96.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal![/QUOTE]
If they say RP is different then tell them that means RP is rating pending. They did not know the rating at the time of the ad.

I was able to get this PMed no problem at Walmart. I had the ad from my newspaper this past Sunday. I did not see any ads in the store when I was walking around looking.

Got a price adjustment at Walmart tonight without any trouble, though I did have to try three different stores before finding one with the game out.

As a bonus, my copy came with two codes for the DLC pack! Woot!

Was successful at price matching at Wal-Mart with the Toyland Gift Book catalog. Also got a mini Harry Potter Lego set free with purchase. Didn't know that it came with it, sweet bonus!

I need to figure out a way to get this stupid ad. It wasn't in the Sunday paper and when I asked about it at Walmart, they didn't know what I was talking about.

i got the ad from the customer service counter, but when i went to electronics to find the game, it was on a 'featured games' locked end-cap and the price sticker on the shelf was 29.96. however, the game still rang up 49.96 and took a manager to override. Certainly made them question the ad less when I pointed to the price on the shelf.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I need to figure out a way to get this stupid ad. It wasn't in the Sunday paper and when I asked about it at Walmart, they didn't know what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]

You try looking at customer service? That's where I found their catalogs before.

bread's done
Back