Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to find some PS4 protective game cases for a good price?? Like the ones LRG sells but maybe a 10 or 20 pack??

Does anyone know where to find some PS4 protective game cases for a good price?? Like the ones LRG sells but maybe a 10 or 20 pack??
http://www.retroprotection.com/

I have only bought with them thru ebay tho. It costs a little more but I figured it was safer. http://www.ebay.com/usr/retroprotection

I think I got like 10 for 8 bucks + shipping. I really need to just buy the big pack with 50 or 100 lol. I keep meaning to during those Save X off Y ebay sales.

So I received​ my first LRG game. Love the Zelda franchise, especially the top down ones, so I thought Oceanhorn seemed cool for the few minutes I played the Android demo, but didn't get too far since I didn't feel like bothering with the touch controls. Well I opened the vita version and played it more today, and I can now say the game is pretty terrible. So bad I don't even need to keep it in my collection. So what should I do with it now? Don't really ship stuff out much so don't know if that's worth it. Or maybe wait to trade it for some other LRG game I want in the future?

Was also disappointed by the lack of a manual, meh.
If you're seriously interested in getting rid of this game, I couldn't get it before it sold out so I'd be interested in purchasing it from you. Got to collect them all *twitch twitch*

http://www.retroprotection.com/

I have only bought with them thru ebay tho. It costs a little more but I figured it was safer. http://www.ebay.com/usr/retroprotection

I think I got like 10 for 8 bucks + shipping. I really need to just buy the big pack with 50 or 100 lol. I keep meaning to during those Save X off Y ebay sales.
Yea that site is great. I highly recommend it. I've used that site directly multiple times with no problems (I always checkout with PayPal). But he's currently sold out of the PS4 cases.

I didn't realize he was also on eBay. I checked his items & saw that there's no PS4 protective cases listed. Found the blu-ray versions & asked if they'd fit PS4 games / if they're the same dimensions.

Yea that site is great. I highly recommend it. I've used that site directly multiple times with no problems (I always checkout with PayPal). But he's currently sold out of the PS4 cases.

I didn't realize he was also on eBay. I checked his items & saw that there's no PS4 protective cases listed. Found the blu-ray versions & asked if they'd fit PS4 games / if they're the same dimensions.
I don't remember if the ones I got were the bluray ones, but they might have actually been. I'll start buying direct :) I also got a big pack of the bags last time I ordered, those are great too. I want to grab the ones for steelbooks next :p

Last edited by a moderator:
So I received​ my first LRG game. Love the Zelda franchise, especially the top down ones, so I thought Oceanhorn seemed cool for the few minutes I played the Android demo, but didn't get too far since I didn't feel like bothering with the touch controls. Well I opened the vita version and played it more today, and I can now say the game is pretty terrible. So bad I don't even need to keep it in my collection. So what should I do with it now? Don't really ship stuff out much so don't know if that's worth it. Or maybe wait to trade it for some other LRG game I want in the future?

damn, that's disappointing.

still waiting for mine to ship out

I recently played the game digitally as well. Already have buyer's remorse about picking up both versions. I'm likely going to get rid of them too.

Good attitude towards the people who support LRG when you let people buy 3 copies of WB in a single transaction.

10/10 imho
Maybe he's alluding to the salt and sanctuary release. He seems clever most of the time. Not his style.

I know this will never happen, but I'd really like to see LRG or someone give Telltale's games proper physical releases. Other than Minecraft: Story Mode, their latest releases have all been "season pass discs", which only come with 1 episode each on disc and force you to download the rest.

I really wanna play Walking Dead Season 3 and Batman, but I'm just stuck waiting and hoping they release complete editions =\

Also... I'm shocked that Hellblade hasn't received a physical release. That game looks awesome. Hope we see that, too.

Hey Josh/Doomstink, what's the word on the 32x variant of Night Trap?  I know you originally said it would be a ticket reward item but I haven't really heard anything since...  Haven't seen it on any of the promos either.  Oh also, if you could send one with Douglas when I pick him up Friday that would be great ;)   /sarcasm (no but seriously lol)

Hey Josh/Doomstink, what's the word on the 32x variant of Night Trap? I know you originally said it would be a ticket reward item but I haven't really heard anything since... Haven't seen it on any of the promos either. Oh also, if you could send one with Douglas when I pick him up Friday that would be great ;) /sarcasm (no but seriously lol)
Ten tickets for the coverart

40 tickets for it with game.

Just notice that Night Trap has a PC release to boot...

10181098.jpg

You guys are slowly killing me.  Please at least tell me there will be a game triple pack bundle. :pray: :)

So, we're one day away from Night Trap, and still no info on if any bundles are happening, and if they are, what's going to be offered?

Of course the CE is a given for me, but I would also like the vinyl and documentary, but I really don't see being able to add all three and still check out. Maybe if no bundles are planned, LRG could put the other items up a few seconds earlier than the game, as that could be helpful.

I think this is the first release I'm actually concerned I may not be able to get. But if that happens, oh well, on to the next release. Good luck to all, as everyone is going to need it(and then some). LOL

EDIT: It also looks like Atari and Jeff MInter have settled their issues, as Jeff is currently handling Tempest 4000 for them. So I have to ask, any chances for TxK now? 

Don't worry. Bundles will go live at 10:15 once things start to sell out. They'll even include a copy of Lawbreakers for an additional $40!

So, we're one day away from Night Trap, and still no info on if any bundles are happening, and if they are, what's going to be offered?

Of course the CE is a given for me, but I would also like the vinyl and documentary, but I really don't see being able to add all three and still check out. Maybe if no bundles are planned, LRG could put the other items up a few seconds earlier than the game, as that could be helpful.

I think this is the first release I'm actually concerned I may not be able to get. But if that happens, oh well, on to the next release. Good luck to all, as everyone is going to need it(and then some). LOL
I haven't sweated that much about a LRG release thus far. Figured Cosmic Star Heroine would be the first one to irritate that itch, but then this was announced. At the beginning I was just going to get two copies(first time I'm ever shooting for more than one copy, well on more than one on the same platform that is). Then the CE was announced and I figured since the whole reason I was going for two copies to begin with was to get a sealed red cover version for a keepsake, figured may as well get the CE then. Now they have a pc version up as well.

I wish I didn't have such a fondness for this game, but it was the reason I got a Sega CD in the first place all those years ago. :lol:

Wait a sec.. Does anyone know if the pc version count towards the total title limit? This is my first time pushing the envelope on limit quantities.

There will be a bundle tomorrow. They didn't say what was going to be bundle. It should be up today.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/895620836773814273

There will be a bundle tomorrow. They didn't say what was going to be bundle. It should be up today.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/895620836773814273
They've said on other forums that the bundle is going to be a giant bundle of one of each item being sold tomorrow including the vinyl, documentary, etc...

They've said on other forums that the bundle is going to be a giant bundle of one of each item being sold tomorrow including the vinyl, documentary, etc...
So last week, bundles where offered to prevent scalping, and to combine games no one wanted to be offered together in the first place. And now there no good, as it causes limit issues. Mmmmmm, OK?

So will this bundle included Bunker as well? Or will it just be all 4 of the Night Trap items in one set? I really don't need the standard copy of NT, but I would for sure go for this for the ease of use. But if the Bunker is included, I'll probably just go for the CE and then see what else I can get on the side.

All the NT items would be $125, which I just have enough in my Paypal account to cover. If the Bunker is tossed in as well, it will be over the budget. LOL

So last week, bundles where offered to prevent scalping, and to combine games no one wanted to be offered together in the first place. And now there no good, as it causes limit issues. Mmmmmm, OK?

So will this bundle included Bunker as well? Or will it just be all 4 of the Night Trap items in one set? I really don't need the standard copy of NT, but I would for sure go for this for the ease of use. But if the Bunker is included, I'll probably just go for the CE and then see what else I can get on the side.

All the NT items would be $125, which I just have enough in my Paypal account to cover. If the Bunker is tossed in as well, it will be over the budget. LOL
There's a Mega bundle up with basically one of everything they are selling plus some cards and cases for $209.99

https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/fmv-friday-mega-bundle

This bundle includes all of the items on sale for FMV Friday.

Only 200 bundles are being listed (125 at 10 AM and 75 at 6 PM) to make sure that the stock of standalone items is not heavily impacted. These could sell very fast, so please note that adding an item to your cart does not reserve it. You must successfully complete checkout before an item is yours.

** This bundle will include both unique trading cards for The Bunker and four trading cards for Night Trap (two of each unique card), as well as a random trading card from one of our past releases - seven trading cards total. Both PS4 standard games will come in protective cases ($1.99 value for each). This bundle will ship well-protected in a box.

*If you need a different size T-Shirt, you can request a size change through limitedrungames.freshdesk.com. All size change requests must be made by Monday, August 14th at 10 AM Eastern Time.

WARNING: This item is limited to ONE per customer.

Edit: added some more info on the page

Alternate theory: People have been asking about bundles, so LRG gave it a shot last week since they had 2 CEs on sale. However, feedback was negative so they're dialing back on bundles in the future.

No point in even trying for the bundle since I've not been able to check out fast enough to prevent items being sniped from my cart even when there are over 1000 items available.

How many standalone units are gonna be pulled for this bundle?

I'm not a fan of this "Gamestop bundling" tactic LRG is using. I get some people will want everything but pulling standalone items for these bundle just leaves fewer copies for people who just want the vinyl or CE.

Seeing that bundle pissed me off to the point I considered just quitting with LRG- then I calmed down and saw that the quantities are so limited that it doesn't look so much like a shameless cash grab.

Alternate theory: People have been asking about bundles, so LRG gave it a shot last week since they had 2 CEs on sale. However, feedback was negative so they're dialing back on bundles in the future.
They've had bundles in the past, and they often made sense. The ones recently have not, so that is where the problems came from.

How many standalone units are gonna be pulled for this bundle?

I'm not a fan of this "Gamestop bundling" tactic LRG is using. I get some people will want everything but pulling standalone items for these bundle just leaves fewer copies for people who just want the vinyl or CE.
It will be 200 total. 125 in the am, and 75 in the pm. It's just to much I don't want or need, so I'll pass. It shouldn't impact the normal qty's to bad, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

@LRG is there any planned delays in the listings for tomorrow, or any items that will go up early? Just trying to be prepared.

They've had bundles in the past, and they often made sense. The ones recently have not, so that is where the problems came from.

It will be 200 total. 125 in the am, and 75 in the pm. It's just to much I don't want or need, so I'll pass. It shouldn't impact the normal qty's to bad, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

@LRG is there any planned delays in the listings for tomorrow, or any items that will go up early? Just trying to be prepared.
Oh... 200 isn't bad. That's a reasonable number.

Just for peace of mind.... Have the orders for Plague Road(vita) and OceanHorn(vita) shipped yet? didnt know if I am jumping the gun here....

Can someone remind me how the CE vs standard works for copy limits? I see 2 for standard and one for CE. Can I buy two standard copies and one of the CE? I don't typically get the CEs, so I'm not completely sure.

Just for peace of mind.... Have the orders for Plague Road(vita) and OceanHorn(vita) shipped yet? didnt know if I am jumping the gun here....
If you have OceanHorn alone, it should have shipped, or be doing so soon. PR I don't think has arrived yet, as LRG is handling the shipping for the KS campaign, as well as for their own copies offered.

Can someone remind me how the CE vs standard works for copy limits? I see 2 for standard and one for CE. Can I buy two standard copies and one of the CE? I don't typically get the CEs, so I'm not completely sure.
Yeah, if you want 2 standard, and 1 CE that's OK. The limits are for each specific item, so as long as they aren't breached, your good.

Ah Thank you ever so much! I can now rest easy :)
Yeah, after tomorrow, I'll have 3 outstanding orders, so the line is for sure getting backed up. LOL

Lucky for me, I'm not playing anything any time soon, so the delays are cool. Although I do want to give OceanHorn a go, so I may slap that on once it arrives.

First, sell the game. Mailing one package out isn't that much hassle.

Second, as others pointed out Vita games (and pretty much most modern games on all systems) typically never have a physical manual. They do however always have a digital manual on the launch page. If LRG doesn't advertise a game having a physical manual it doesn't have one.

Third, research your purchases. Oceanhorn was getting a lot of forum hype but I went and caught a few reviews over on youtube and overall the game seemed like too much of a watered down experience from a real Zelda game. It was easy for me to skip this release despite my massive love for the genre. I'll wait for it to be PS+ or a couple bucks on PSN before considering it. I have much better games in the genre to play anyway including some real Zelda games.

is the game that bad? Adventure Time Secret of the Nameless Kingdom for Vita is just 99 cents on PSN. wonder if that is better than OceanHorn.
Adventure Time is better. It's made by WayForward and they do a great job with their licensed games to the point they are often referred to as hidden gems. Really most anything by WayForward is a good buy... though still research their games to make sure you are really interested in whatever genre the game is based in.

bread's done
Back