Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Does anyone have an opinion of The Bunker? I totally never knew about this coming out, but it looks OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have an opinion of The Bunker? I totally never knew about this coming out, but it looks OK.
Well, before you even ask that question, are you OK with FMV games?

I'm a huge fan of the genre myself, so there aren't to many games I just flat out don't like. But for many, they don't even acknowledge the category as being a legit one in gaming, so if your on that side, I doubt the "Bunker" will make you a convert, but it looks solid as far as a FMV game goes.

Well, before you even ask that question, are you OK with FMV games?

I'm a huge fan of the genre myself, so there aren't to many games I just flat out don't like. But for many, they don't even acknowledge the category as being a legit one in gaming, so if your on that side, I doubt the "Bunker" will make you a convert, but it looks solid as far as a FMV game goes.
I'm in the category of not even considering FMV "games" as actually being games. Bought a 3DO back when it released, played a few crappy FMV games, and hated it. Returned it the next day. Can't understand what people see in this style of "video interaction", but to each their own.

There's a Mega bundle up with basically one of everything they are selling plus some cards and cases for $209.99

https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/fmv-friday-mega-bundle

This bundle includes all of the items on sale for FMV Friday.

Only 200 bundles are being listed (125 at 10 AM and 75 at 6 PM) to make sure that the stock of standalone items is not heavily impacted. These could sell very fast, so please note that adding an item to your cart does not reserve it. You must successfully complete checkout before an item is yours.

** This bundle will include both unique trading cards for The Bunker and four trading cards for Night Trap (two of each unique card), as well as a random trading card from one of our past releases - seven trading cards total. Both PS4 standard games will come in protective cases ($1.99 value for each). This bundle will ship well-protected in a box.

*If you need a different size T-Shirt, you can request a size change through limitedrungames.freshdesk.com. All size change requests must be made by Monday, August 14th at 10 AM Eastern Time.

WARNING: This item is limited to ONE per customer.

Edit: added some more info on the page
you can change the size of the shirt if you contact CS

Waiting for LRG to announce the second August 25th Game. And the September releases as well. :p

Any news on the Pre Order DLC code for Lawbreakers that came with the game order?  I know all the pre order codes were not activated, but I haven't heard anything.

Do you mean the product keys? Those just started emailing today apparently.
Yea 2 out of the three keys I got worked. The Pre-Order code is inactive, and after speaking with a Sony Rep, that key is valid and has not been redeemed. It just hasn't been activated, which needs to be done by Nexon on their end.

Yea 2 out of the three keys I got worked. The Pre-Order code is inactive, and after speaking with a Sony Rep, that key is valid and has not been redeemed. It just hasn't been activated, which needs to be done by Nexon on their end.
I haven't received any of my keys yet so no help from me. When did you order? I was in on the first batch so I'm curious.

At the beginning I was just going to get two copies(first time I'm ever shooting for more than one copy, well on more than one on the same platform that is). Then the CE was announced and I figured since the whole reason I was going for two copies to begin with was to get a sealed red cover version for a keepsake, figured may as well get the CE then.
Has it been stated somewhere the CE guarantees you get the red cover version???

So I just tried cancelling for the first time on LRG, sent a ticket 5 days ago with no response.

Put in a 2nd ticket yesterday, got a response today saying they are unable to cancel my CE of Lawbreakers because I ordered a bundle when I clearly didn't.

A few hours later they send me the code to the CE.

I do enjoy LRG overall, but this was an overall terrible experience with customer service.

I could be mis-interpreting what the customer agent said that they can only cancel games from the bundle and not stand alone copies.

edit: If I have this right, they can only cancel if you ordered a duplicate item with a bundle.  Since I ordered all 4 stand alone ce/standard in 1 order then later ordered a standard bundle in a 2nd order.  They could only cancel one of the standard since I later ordered the standard bundle.  The CE was not part of a bundle as I said earlier, but could not be cancelled because I did not order a CE bundle, which would have broken limits anyway.

So I just tried cancelling for the first time on LRG, sent a ticket 5 days ago with no response.

Put in a 2nd ticket yesterday, got a response today saying they are unable to cancel my CE of Lawbreakers because I ordered a bundle when I clearly didn't.

A few hours later they send me the code to the CE.

I do enjoy LRG overall, but this was an overall terrible experience with customer service.

I could be mis-interpreting what the customer agent said that they can only cancel games from the bundle and not stand alone copies.
To be fair, you shouldn't have ordered the game if you didn't want it. LRG has enough to deal with already without that kind of stuff.

Lol good luck waiting for Nexon to do something.

I remember their customer service was nonexistent when I played maple story. Maybe it's better now.

I'll be trying to get Night Trap tomorrow. Does anybody think the CE is worth getting? It doesn't seem to me like it comes with much extra. But this will be my first LRG purchase. Maybe somebody with more experience with them can chime in and tell me how good their stuff is

i also will be trying to get night trap tomorrow, this will be my 1st LRG purchase. should night trap sell out pretty quick you think? im still not sure if i will get the ps4 or pc version.

I'll be trying to get Night Trap tomorrow. Does anybody think the CE is worth getting? It doesn't seem to me like it comes with much extra. But this will be my first LRG purchase. Maybe somebody with more experience with them can chime in and tell me how good their stuff is
PS4 will go faster...but your choice.
And the PS4 version will be much more collectible in the long run.

Can we drop this Chris thing people ! It's obvious LRG doesn't care if you break the purchase limits, cause if they did they would have shut this guy down a long time ago. If LRG doesn't care, then why do people on this board care?
Just drop this already !
Found Chris

Can we drop this Chris thing people ! It's obvious LRG doesn't care if you break the purchase limits, cause if they did they would have shut this guy down a long time ago. If LRG doesn't care, then why do people on this board care?
Just drop this already !
But you mentioned him in the small physical release thread. What a fucking joke

Not interested in n++ it would just make me ragequit I can tell.
N+, and by extension N++, are really great games. Extremely tight controls and carefully constructed levels.

....but yes, you would probably rage quit. One thing the N series has always been notorious for is extremely high difficulty, and playing levels over and over before you beat them. Rage quitting is always a distinct possibility, or perhaps probability, with this style of game. Those who don't deal well with frustration should probably look elsewhere.

If you go thru the process of adding and checking out and DONT get a bundle your screwed yourself since going back and adding seperates Im sure will already be sold out, so its a lose lose scenario.

If you go thru the process of adding and checking out and DONT get a bundle your screwed yourself since going back and adding seperates Im sure will already be sold out, so its a lose lose scenario.
Nearly a year ago we were offered a subscription plan via LRG and some of the folks here voted it down. Back then you could see this one minute dash would eventually be, but the I got mine types thought it would never happen. So good luck in tomorrows lottery. Eventually this mad dash will end up hurting LRG imagine and that shopify platform needs to be replaced if they want to grow even bigger. Some fannboys will rip me for saying anything negative, but there's the shipping issue as well that needs addressed. As they have grown past the two man operation it started as.

Man I forgot about the subscription idea, that would've been great

I'm not sure what better platform LRG can do for checkout tho, a cart reservation system isn't gonna make things better, just means you'll instantly be unable to checkout. I wouldn't mind a captcha system when adding, but Jesus Christ would I rage if recaptcha decides I need to click fifty picture with cars in them first.

They could go the Mondo route, no prelisted product pages, items show up at random time, but then people will get even more pissed when bots and scalpers get everything even faster. There's no scenario that's gonna please everyone, and having no limits on orders would be counter to their name.

20,000 copies is still limited compared to AAA games with millions or even niche games with 100,000 copies. Just saying.

I'm sure it will continuously self correct.  Quantities have been going up with every release.

8000 is pretty generous, they used to do 1500 for games like this.

More nervous about the unknown that is Y's and this mystery title as my first love is RPGs.

Y's and the unannounced RPG are also 8000+ I hope?

Has it been stated somewhere the CE guarantees you get the red cover version???
On the game case no but the outer box of the CE is just a full over sized version of the red cover. If your planning on opening the game it doesn't matter as the cover is reversible to begin with.

Simple solution really. As more people keep trying to get games you up production with LRG growth next year almost every game should be 10,000+ they don't have an excuse as I've seen there numbers and how quickly items sell. Supply and demand.

At a certain point depending on how popular they get might see 100,000.

Simple solution really. As more people keep trying to get games you up production with LRG growth next year almost every game should be 10,000+ they don't have an excuse as I've seen there numbers and how quickly items sell. Supply and demand.

At a certain point depending on how popular they get might see 100,000.
Part of the appeal is how limited these releases are. If they started printing 10,000 copies of a game they then instantly become less desirable to those who are interested.

I am pretty broke until next week, but I am definitely ordering Night Trap. Just can't decide if I want to go for the CE or just stick with the regular edition and save some money.

Part of the appeal is how limited these releases are. If they started printing 10,000 copies of a game they then instantly become less desirable to those who are interested.

I am pretty broke until next week, but I am definitely ordering Night Trap. Just can't decide if I want to go for the CE or just stick with the regular edition and save some money.
If say 15,000 people want a copy and only 10,000 are made is it still limited? That's a question we're getting to.

If say 15,000 people want a copy and only 10,000 are made is it still limited? That's a question we're getting to.
Technically yes, but there are still 10,000 copies of the game out there. LRG is for collectors and for people who just want to play these games they can buy a digital copy for a lower price and play it. I didn't buy WonderBoy on my Switch because I saw LRG was releasing it and I waited and bought the physical copy last week because I just want it sitting on my shelf. Would I have bought the game if they did 10,000 copies of it? Yes, of course I would. I've never had an issue getting something I want from LRG despite the print run. I almost did miss WonderBoy, but managed to get it in the evening still. I imagine Night Trap will be an even quicker sell out. I think I will go for the CE this time around, but it will absolutely sell out within a minute.

Technically yes, but there are still 10,000 copies of the game out there. LRG is for collectors and for people who just want to play these games they can buy a digital copy for a lower price and play it. I didn't buy WonderBoy on my Switch because I saw LRG was releasing it and I waited and bought the physical copy last week because I just want it sitting on my shelf. Would I have bought the game if they did 10,000 copies of it? Yes, of course I would. I've never had an issue getting something I want from LRG despite the print run. I almost did miss WonderBoy, but managed to get it in the evening still. I imagine Night Trap will be an even quicker sell out. I think I will go for the CE this time around, but it will absolutely sell out within a minute.
Letting people buy 3 fucking copies of a game, at once, with a print run of 5k is encouraging scalping on a whole new level.

Also, lol at all the buyers remorse from Lawbreakers.

Letting people buy 3 fucking copies of a game, at once, with a print run of 5k is encouraging scalping on a whole new level.

Also, lol at all the buyers remorse from Lawbreakers.
Hahaha, this is also true. I've always thought the LRG release should be limit one per customer no mater what the release is. I can understand a collector wanting to buy the CE and a regular edition, but having the ability to buy multiple copies of the same item definitely encourages scalping. Anyone who wants to play these games will just get a digital copy.

I'm not sure what better platform LRG can do for checkout tho, a cart reservation system isn't gonna make things better, just means you'll instantly be unable to checkout. I wouldn't mind a captcha system when adding, but Jesus Christ would I rage if recaptcha decides I need to click fifty picture with cars in them first.
I think the combo of a reserve system like before PLUS a captcha system would solve most of the issues with bots sniping the games up before normal folks can even have a chance to check out. I doubt LRG will do anything. It's like "The Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld including how customers often treat each other.

N+, and by extension N++, are really great games. Extremely tight controls and carefully constructed levels.
I played the heck out of N+ on the DS. Excellent game and while it can be frustrating, everything is solvable as the game relies on skill. I've been waiting on N++ to go PS+ simply because I'd rather have the game on a handheld over a console... and it was part of the PS Play promo and most years every game from the promo ends up going free on PS+. N++ is the only game left from it's PS Play group to go PS+. Hopefully this means we'll be getting it free in September or October.

I'm so torn about what to do. I haven't missed any LRG release that I've wanted. Do I go for the bundle, I really want the bunker, night trap ce, and a regular night trap.

I'm so torn about what to do. I haven't missed any LRG release that I've wanted. Do I go for the bundle, I really want the bunker, night trap ce, and a regular night trap.

I feel like everything will be sold out in just a few min anyway except for some of the stand alone collector items. I am going for 2 each of the standard editions only as I want to be able to play the games, my brother in law is interested in NT, and I can always trade extra stuff for releases that I missed. I would go for the bundle, but not really interested in having a lot of stuff to resell.

Gonna be hard to make this order scrubbed in for surgery. I'll figure it out. 🤘🏻

I feel like everything will be sold out in just a few min anyway except for some of the stand alone collector items. I am going for 2 each of the standard editions only as I want to be able to play the games, my brother in law is interested in NT, and I can always trade extra stuff for releases that I missed. I would go for the bundle, but not really interested in having a lot of stuff to resell.
yeah I was thinking about just going for night trap this morning and this evening going for the bunker, extra shipping sucks but may be better to do.

Goddamn this thread moves fast. Anyway, good luck to everyone who wants the game to actually play/own and not resell. I'm a little disappointed there's not a "standard bundle" of just Night Trap/Bunker, but that's fine. I guess I'll rush through checkout to try to secure a copy of Night Trap and then eat the shipping cost on placing a Bunker order separately. I don't want to screw around trying to add Bunker to my cart and losing precious seconds that might cost me a copy of Night Trap.    

bread's done
Back