Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
You should already know why that won't likely happen.
It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. There have been a surprising number of formerly digital-only WiiU and/or 3DS titles that are getting physical releases including Runbow, Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack, Steamworld Collection, Tumblestone, the recent Shantae games, and River City Ransom: Tokyo Rumble to name a few.

I'm pretty sure the XBox platforms are the only ones to count out with ever getting a Limited Run release.

It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. There have been a surprising number of formerly digital-only WiiU and/or 3DS titles that are getting physical releases including Runbow, Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack, Steamworld Collection, Tumblestone, the recent Shantae games, and River City Ransom: Tokyo Rumble to name a few.

I'm pretty sure the XBox platforms are the only ones to count out with ever getting a Limited Run release.
I didnt say it wont happen.

I'm loving that physical releases are becoming more common for previously digital only games.  

There's still that group of dream games that haven't been announced yet, but we're getting there.

I'm getting antsy for the upcoming release day.

Urge to buy LRG title...rising...

mrjMBie.gif

For the B&C original soundtrack were only 50 of them made as part of the Franchise Bundle or is it fairly common?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the same as was included in the bundle though? It has this note on the Amazon page:

CD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com.
I have never seen that note before. The ones included in the bundle were 'official' in case looking - not CD-Rs.

It does say:

Each disc comes fully packaged, with artwork, in a standard jewel case for audio and an Amaray case for video, although for reissued products the artwork may differ from the original.

So, that kind of seems like it.

I still expect to see a lot of salt from people missing out on Shadow Complex
7900 will not sell in seconds ill be up early waiting on the site on the page. Never seen them sell that quick on LRG usually sell out after 10-15 minutes

7900 will not sell in seconds ill be up early waiting on the site on the page. Never seen them sell that quick on LRG usually sell out after 10-15 minutes
6900 :). I'm looking forward to it, especially since I never picked up the remaster version. A little more than Oddworld and it lasted a bit. Pretty much if you get on when it pops up it shouldn't be an issue.

Something is definitely crossed with however they are shipping. I managed to get B&C bundle in the morning and then a Söldner-X 2 at night. It said my B&C bundle shipped and arrived - yet the only thing included with the package was Söldner-X 2. It still says my Söldner-X 2 is unfulfilled with no updates. I contacted LRG and they said the B&C bundle should still be coming, but they haven't followed up with tracking or any other information.

Not sure what to do at this point.

For what it is worth, I had the exact same thing happen, but I did just receive a second package contains the contents of the other order. The fulfillment center just swapped the order numbers. So hopefully it will work out the same way for you.

Finally got my package and am missing the Soldner-X2 soundtrack. Hopefully they have enough at the warehouse to fulfill it.

It wouldn't happen because the items were never sent out, but with so many people missing games it would be ironic if they had to do a reprint in order to fulfill everyone's orders. :p

Shadow Complex likely won't sell out immediately. It is an older title, one that was originally sold digitially on the XBox 360. As such, there won't be quite as much urgency. There's also the fact that it's getting a PS4-only release on LRG. The PS4 titles have traditionally sold out much slower than their Vita equivalents, even when the game in question is popular. (there's also the usual disparity in quantity, PS4 discs are just cheaper to produce than Vita cartridges)

All the same, I won't be hesitating on picking Shadow Complex up. It is a critically acclaimed title with a decent following. Even though it is a PS4-only LRG release, I don't expect it to last for more than a day or so. It's well-known enough that there will be decent demand for this physical release.

I personally don't bother with multiple copies. I never sell any of my games, even when I end up with repeat copies. I usually hang onto cheap repeats so that I can give them away as gifts to friends and family. But several of my siblings no longer have as much time for games, and I don't have many friends that are as enthusiastic about games as I am. So most of them don't own fringe systems like the Vita, and most of them haven't upgraded to the PS4 yet either. So repeat copies of obscure LRG releases just seem like a waste. Oh well, it just means more copies for anyone around here who's interested, I'm sure no one objects to that.

Has anyone gotten a reply from LRG in regards to last weeks issues?

I still haven't heard back, so I'm thinking of writing them again, but I don't won;t to bog them down if they are still answering emails.

I think after Soldner and the trend with Vita games being more popular, I'd say the Vita version will only last a few minutes.  The PS4 version should be available for longer.

I thought the only reason why Soldner sold out quick was because it was a shmup.
Partially why, but all the LRG Vita games tend to sellout within a few minutes after going up. The Vita titles are much more popular and don't last nearly as long as the PS4, people just aren't into collecting for PS4 like they are with Vita.

Partially why, but all the LRG Vita games tend to sellout within a few minutes after going up. The Vita titles are much more popular and don't last nearly as long as the PS4, people just aren't into collecting for PS4 like they are with Vita.
And it really shows in the resell value on ebay. PS4 stuff is often break even... Vita stuff flips for 2x to 3X the money almost immediately. So it's just become a competition with resellers to get anything. It almost makes it worth not collecting this stuff at all.

And it really shows in the resell value on ebay. PS4 stuff is often break even... Vita stuff flips for 2x to 3X the money almost immediately. So it's just become a competition with resellers to get anything. It almost makes it worth not collecting this stuff at all.
I feel ya. I've never owned a complete collection on any console over my 25 + plus years of collecting, but thought I would try my hand with the Vita and I am to the point now that I don't see myself completing the collection due to how competitive the market is for Vita right now and resellers driving prices up on games to the point of it not being worth it. Breach and Clear is a prime example, I really want the game for my collection, but I am not willing to pay the insane eBay prices for the game, especially when I know the seller paid a fraction of the asking price for it.

What happened to the days when people collected things for fun?

Some of you are making it sound like it's more of a chore than a hobby. :*(

Bring back the fun!

FUN! FUN! FUN!

Any one know if the games added to your cart are "reserved" for a period to let you check out? 

Like say, if there is one copy of a game left, and I add it to my cart but it takes me 2 minutes to log in/check out due to my slow ass internet. During those 2 minutes while I'm in process of checking out, could some else (with faster internet) add the copy that's already in my cart and check out? 

I'm prob being paranoid but I wanna be sure I get Shadow Complex and Rainbow Moon in the morning, and avoid any risks of issues during the 2nd batch (like what happened with Soldner-X 2). I'm just worried one game might sell out while I'm trying to add the other/check out. 

Any one know if the games added to your cart are "reserved" for a period to let you check out?

Like say, if there is one copy of a game left, and I add it to my cart but it takes me 2 minutes to log in/check out due to my slow ass internet. During those 2 minutes while I'm in process of checking out, could some else (with faster internet) add the copy that's already in my cart and check out?

I'm prob being paranoid but I wanna be sure I get Shadow Complex and Rainbow Moon in the morning, and avoid any risks of issues during the 2nd batch (like what happened with Soldner-X 2). I'm just worried one game might sell out while I'm trying to add the other/check out.
No they are not.

EDIT: I stand corrected.

Why don't you just buy a digital version to play? It's cheaper and you won't have to take up a copy that another collector could purchase.
This is actually a good suggestion. The sales on the digital offerings on PSN are frequent enough and deep enough that getting an extra digital copy for playing is quite viable. In fact, it's quite common for me to already have digital copies of a lot of the games that show up on Limited Run Games. It makes a lot more sense than trying to double-up on physical copies. (which is more than a little redundant)

I've always been a collector who is uninterested in maintaining sealed copies though. My collection is for go, not for show. I crack my games open no matter what, I'm not interested in flipping them later.

No they are not.
Actually, the way LRG has explained it, items are indeed reserved for the person checking out, but the main problem is that the inventory counter on the main page doesn't accurately update in a timely manner due to the way their system works. Having things in your cart also doesn't guarantee that the copy is held until the checkout process has begun. So basically people can keep adding items to their carts if it says available, but won't let them start the checkout because the inventory may actually be out of stock, or it has not updated stock that didn't make it through the checkout process yet.

"Copies are reserved for a few minutes once a user clicks "check out", and only get removed from inventory when checkout is completed. Since items are still technically in inventory, but reserved, you can add them to your cart even when you can't actually initiate a checkout. If you happen to click "check out" after another customer backs out and releases their reserve, you can get an order through. That's why some people report success after clicking check out multiple times. Eventually they get lucky and catch one coming off reserve."

What happened to the days when people collected things for fun?

Some of you are making it sound like it's more of a chore than a hobby. :*(

Bring back the fun!

FUN! FUN! FUN!
When you have to struggle against a broken shop, sloppy package handling and a bunch of dirty cheating flippers it's more of a chore than fun. Until you get the games anyway.

I have one of each game dropped so far. I'll be placing an order this round but I know I don't like rainbow moon. The first game I'll be buying just for the sake of having...i don't like the feeling of it lol. If I somehow miss out then, well, I guess it was a sign and I'll just buy selectively from here on. But I'm hoping to get it either way lol.

So I have a question about Rainbow Moon (VITA)... will this release come with all "non money" DLC included?

I am disgusted in the thought of buying a physical copy of ANY game with micro-transactions, (Looking at you :evil: Bravely Default) and I can't seem to find much information about this release in regards to what is content is provided. I avoided this game when it was on a flash sale because of the freemium appearing DLC/currency available for purchase, so I'm very interested to hear news if this game has been adjusted to be a full and complete product.

So I have a question about Rainbow Moon (VITA)... will this release come with all "non money" DLC included?

I am disgusted in the thought of buying a physical copy of ANY game with micro-transactions, (Looking at you :evil: Bravely Default) and I can't seem to find much information about this release in regards to what is content is provided. I avoided this game when it was on a flash sale because of the freemium appearing DLC/currency available for purchase, so I'm very interested to hear news if this game has been adjusted to be a full and complete product.
Ask Eastasiasoft on Twitter?

I have both bravely defaults the dlc is required so stop complaining

bread's done
Back