Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Not a fan of the delete and restore approach, lots of potential issues with caching and refreshing pages.

Looks like the Rainbow Moon OST went really quick.  I think they said it was just a few hundreds copies leftover from East Asia's online store.

Last edited by a moderator:
A. They said they were taking them down on Twitter to prevent people from adding to cart early
B. Follow them on Twitter
C. If you aren't on at 9:50 minimum with PayPal logged in, logged into their site, and then smack talking them on a forum on another tab you are not truly in it to win it

popcorn-blank.gif

Shadow Complex (non-bundled at least) was up at the same time as the Rainbow Moons...
Not for me on Firefox. The bundled version was online the same time as the Rainbow Moons. The standalone copy showed up about a minute later after constant refreshing.

Manager to get Rainbow Moon at 9:04 my time (Central) then decided 4 minutes later I wanted Shadow Complex for my kids (thinking they'll finally get the PS4 they want come Christmas) and managed to get it. Almost forgot about this today. Glad I checked CAG at 8:54 - took a while to get logged in and  I just made it in time to order.

I logged into Paypal but, forgot about Limited Run's internal log-in...

EDIT: Dat post # tho

hqdefault.jpg

Manager to get Rainbow Moon at 9:04 my time (Central) then decided 4 minutes later I wanted Shadow Complex for my kids (thinking they'll finally get the PS4 they want come Christmas) and managed to get it. Almost forgot about this today. Glad I checked CAG at 8:54 - took a while to get logged in and I just made it in time to order.
Next time, make sure you sign in beforehand. Makes the process easier. :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Whew ... almost missed out. Got busy at work and forgot about it.

At 9:06, I added all 3 to my cart, but wouldn't let me check out because RM Vita and ps4 were sold out.

Refreshed my cart and tried again, and then just Vita showed sold out.

Kept refreshing and after a couple minutes, it finally let me check out with all 3.

Not a fan of the delete and restore approach, lots of potential issues with caching and refreshing pages.

I got all 3 games and both soundtracks. Looks like the Rainbow Moon OST went really quick. I think they said it was just a few hundreds copies leftover from East Asia's online store.
i could have both both but seeing as OST of these game mean nothing to me i didnt bite but LOZ on the other hand....

I started to freak when I had both version of Rainbow Moon in cart but the solo Shadow Complex still wasn't coming up.  Said the hell with it and started to checkout.  Right before the final click, it finally showed up, killed the checkout, quickly added to the cart and zipped back through checkout.

A. They said they were taking them down on Twitter to prevent people from adding to cart early
B. Follow them on Twitter
C. If you aren't on at 9:50 minimum with PayPal logged in, logged into their site, and then smack talking them on a forum on another tab you are not truly in it to win it
How do you log into Paypal before checking out? I can log into LRG anytime but for Paypal check out, I only see the option when I'm actually checking out...

games lasting a lot longer
Or they've successfully stop those fucking pre-loaders.

Snatched up Shadow Complex and Rainbow Moon PS4.  Debated on the Vita too but decided against it considering the money already spent.  Probably regret it down the road, but it's my loss, someone else's gain.

Oh well, I guess I have RM vita and SC + OST.  I hope its good as I have not played SC before (due to my opposition to digital).  bummer they delayed adding the SC vanilla, as its the one I got.

I had pre-logged in on Paypal on another tab, logged in on LRG, and was using Chrome.

Also, I was seriously paranoid as they made me re-enter my phone # and I thought for sure that 15s cost me.

For CSH, I will buy up all the versions regardless.

Whew ... almost missed out. Got busy at work and forgot about it.

At 9:06, I added all 3 to my cart, but wouldn't let me check out because RM Vita and ps4 were sold out.

Refreshed my cart and tried again, and then just Vita showed sold out.

Kept refreshing and after a couple minutes, it finally let me check out with all 3.
i was going to say they still had copies as in 1 minute ago for the games

How do you log into Paypal before checking out? I can log into LRG anytime but for Paypal check out, I only see the option when I'm actually checking out...

You literally just log into Paypal before, and have it cache your log in.

It won't ask you to log in again on checkout.

You literally just log into Paypal before, and have it cache your log in.

It won't ask you to log in again on checkout.
LOL Didn't realize you could do that.

So you are the reason I couldn't get a soundtrack...
I actually noticed that too.. the two soundtracks went up first and were available to be added to cart. I figured I would see about the games first before trying to get the OSTs so I didn't bother adding them. That might explain why SC bundle sold out so quick.

750 people managed to do what he did before the rest of us who waited until 9 couldn't. So yes.

If 750 people theoretically commited the same crime at the same time, they are all not 1/750th guilty.
They advertised they were putting the soundtracks up for sale at 9:45 AM EST. It was even posted in this thread.

I use another tab on my Chrome browser and log into my acct from there. Logged in on both LRG and Paypal, separate tabs.

Snagged the PS4 titles.  Good stuff!  

I'm conflicted about opening and playing the 5 or so LR games I have...

bbEMcti.gif

Not for me on Firefox. The bundled version was online the same time as the Rainbow Moons. The standalone copy showed up about a minute later after constant refreshing.
It was up. I know because I ordered it. You may have had to do a forced refresh on your end to clear your cache to see it. In Firefox I believe it would be ctrl + F5.

750 people managed to do what he did before the rest of us who waited until 9 couldn't. So yes.

If 750 people theoretically commited the same crime at the same time, they are all not 1/750th guilty.
What crime? He paid an extra shipping charge in order to make sure he got the soundtrack. Anyone else could've too.

They advertised they were putting the soundtracks up for sale at 9:45 AM EST. It was even posted in this thread.
I'm guessing they wont be back at 5:45 PM EST?

So it was advertised on a 3rd party's thread and I should inherently know that. Very well.

I use another tab on my Chrome browser and log into my acct from there. Logged in on both LRG and Paypal, separate tabs.
I normally have 1 tab for PayPal, one tab for each game, and one tab for my carr. So today there were 5 tabs open. Once the games go live, I hit F5 on each page, add them to cart and complete checkout. Also make sure you sign into LRG beforehand.

Got a copy of Rainbow Moon for Vita and bought my first PS4 game from Limited Run — Shadow Complex Remastered.

Can't wait to see what next month holds.

Ugh I had a paypal error that wouldn't let me check out for like 5 minutes and I was super scared so I finally just typed in my card info instead and that one went through. I had to have been cutting it close. I'm scared paypal is gonna screw me in the future now...

Anyone grabbing Rez from iam8bit? Its too expensive IMO and it doesn't ever guarantee there won't be a second printing or mention print numbers anywhere. I think I'll pass until they get something I actually want. 

I'm guessing they wont be back at 5:45 PM EST?

So it was advertised on a 3rd party's thread and I should inherently know that. Very well.
If you are serious about getting this LRG stuff you need to follow them on Twitter - that's where they post all this last minute shit.

Me, I just follow this thread from about 9:30am on release date and all the important info gets posted.

I had to make two separate orders. :( I tried to get the Shadow Complex bundle but just like the Soldner bundle I couldn't check out because it said it was sold out even though I was checking out within seconds. Speaking of Soldner anyone have a copy they're willing to trade?

Ugh I had a paypal error that wouldn't let me check out for like 5 minutes and I was super scared so I finally just typed in my card info instead and that one went through. I had to have been cutting it close. I'm scared paypal is gonna screw me in the future now...

Anyone grabbing Rez from iam8bit? Its too expensive IMO and it doesn't ever guarantee there won't be a second printing or mention print numbers anywhere. I think I'll pass until they get something I actually want.
I'm passing on that as well. If it was $30 shipped, I'd do it. But I can't fork over that kind of cash right now.

What crime? He paid an extra shipping charge in order to make sure he got the soundtrack. Anyone else could've too.
No crime. I compared it to a situation where if 750 people broke the rules at the same time it wouldn't lessen anyones guilt.

This was under the assumption the OST's were going live at 10, which was the wrong assumption on my part.

I merely thought he added it to his cart before others were technically able to do so. I was wrong. Moving right along.

Initially had Rainbow Moon Vita removed from my cart when placing my order for Shadow Complex and Rainbow Moon PS4. Then for kicks, I tried placing an order for Rainbow Moon Vita again and managed to get through to check out. Must've snagged a copy from someone who removed it from their cart. Sure, I got charged twice for shipping, but I'm just grateful I got it.

I intend to, but from what I've heard, pre-orders will be readily available for a while to come. Perhaps they're seeing how many orders they get before they decide how many prints they'll do for this, and future games.

I'm gonna pass on Rez. I love Rez and physical games, but iam8bit stuff doesn't seem like it's all that rare and they want $40 for it. If LRG can sell a PS4 game for $25 + $5 shipping, then I don't see why iam8bit can't do the same. Now, if that copy came with something extra, then I'd go for it. But it seems like that $15 premium is just an "because we can charge more" premium.

I was able to pick up both vita and PS4 versions of Rainbow Moons. Not interested in them as I want to use it as trading fodder for a copy of Solder-X which I got screwed out of on both sessions last time. In all I placed 3 orders. One for the soundtracks, one for rainbow moon (which went live first for some bizzarre reason) and one for Shadow Complex.

Honestly, LRG should make a pre-order window available and print out as many copies as preordered like Mondo or IAm8Bit. It's the fairest option and the games would still be very limited.

Some specifics on how many copies were available this morning:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=214229496#post214229496

Rainbow Moon Vita - 2,070 copies
Rainbow Moon PS4 - 2,070 copies
Shadow Complex PS4 - 4,500 copies
Shadow Complex Bundle - 337 copies
Each separate Soundtrack -201 copies 

It looks like they're allocating >50% of the inventory to the first batch.

And there's still over 1,000 copies of Shadow Complex available at the moment.

Yeah, I've said before that iam8bit charges pretentious amounts of money for all their stuff. $28 t-shirt? Please. I understand "oh we're indie", but like you said, LRG gets by with very very reasonable pricing. Pretty much everyone I've seen talking about it is passing because of the price. Maybe they'll notice that and catch on. 

I woke up later than I should have. Still managed to get a copy of Shadow Complex. I'll have to check in again at 6pm to see if I can get some Rainbow Moon copies. I forgot to put an alarm on the calendar entry that I added to my phone. I've never been a morning person. Still, not too shabby. Shadow Complex was the one I wanted the most out of this batch anyway.

I forgot my password and tried to reset it 2 minutes before go live. Didn't get my reset email until 2 minutes after, still got SC for PS4 so I'm good. Next time I probably shouldn't cut it so close.

The opposite happened to me. I couldn't check out through their site for at least a minute so I went through paypal.

Some specifics on how many copies were available this morning:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=214229496#post214229496

Rainbow Moon Vita - 2,070 copies
Rainbow Moon PS4 - 2,070 copies
Shadow Complex PS4 - 4,500 copies
Shadow Complex Bundle - 337 copies
Each separate Soundtrack -201 copies

It looks like they're allocating >50% of the inventory to the first batch.

And there's still over 1,000 copies of Shadow Complex available at the moment.
Interesting how they made such a drastic change without really saying anything about it ahead of time.

bread's done
Back