Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I've missed out on B&C for the vita so from that point on I said I'd always get the PS4 version of games so I'll have a complete PS4 LRG collection (unless the game comes out for vita only like soldner x2).

Got the Vita version. Forcing myself to stick with one version going forward. Would love to have everything but with the increased frequency of releases its not financially viable

Hah, set my alarm clock this time. Up and waiting with time to spare. Snagged Dragon Fantasy for Vita and PS4, no problem. Giving the Vinyl a pass. I'm not that big of a music fan, I don't even own a turntable. Vinyls are for the true music aficionados. I'm more of a video game snob.

Yeah, he's just a more popular(cancerous) version of the people that hype up old games, make them unreasonably expensive, and don't possess a great deal of knowledge about the games. It bothers me because all he'll do is rub the game in your face on social media, like "OMG rare games!" it just attracts the wrong crowd, imo.

https://youtu.be/yIhH-_BXPr8?t=3m15s
totally agree about the retro game calls games rare when they aren't channels like his are what cause ppl to charge insane prices for games that shouldn't be to begin with.

I've missed out on B&C for the vita so from that point on I said I'd always get the PS4 version of games so I'll have a complete PS4 LRG collection (unless the game comes out for vita only like soldner x2).
This is exactly what I have been doing. Tried to get both but the Vita version went FAST and wasn't able to get a copy now. Snagged the PS4 copy to continue the collection at least.

Definitely for me it was. At this point I'd still be fighting the sold out errors about ready to give up.

That sounds like most of my experiences in the past with LRG using a pc and browser. My old iphone worked perfectly.
On iOS.

PS4 shows 75-100% in stock... yet sold out when in cart.

Well LRG isn't getting my money.

I'm going by what it says when you try to add it 3000 to the cart FYI. The store was reflecting that was the available quantity, still doesn't change the fact the bar is glitched.
I think this goes back to LRG saying that once something is added to your cart, that copy is reserved for a bit to let the person check out. It shows up as being available until said cart is checked out/order completed. So there's kind of an overlap to when copies still show up as available vs what's reserve in people's carts.

I'm going by what it says when you try to add it 3000 to the cart FYI. The store was reflecting that was the available quantity, still doesn't change the fact the bar is glitched.
and I went by having had one of each in my cart and then repeatedly trying to check out. Vita was "Sold Out". If you make a false statement on a discussion forum then someone will correct you. That's how the internet works.

Last edited by a moderator:
7:01 vita sold out???? The game finally pops up and sold out instantly?
I think you need to check the time on your clocks/watch/phone. Went live 9:00 AM CST (well, about 30 seconds after 9 AM CST based on my phone) and was available for 3-4 minutes until stock showed depleted. Definitely lasted more than 1 minute.

And they finally fixed the PS4 bar lol
It's like 100 to 0... real quick, real fucking quick.

I'm seeing the PS4 stock as almost all the way full but the Vita stock as almost all the way gone. There can't be that much of a difference, can there?

I got one of each and I assume a lot of other people did as well.
the rainbow moon game is not selling for much on ebay so maybe the flipers are scared

I think you need to check the time on your clocks/watch/phone. Went live 9:00 AM CST (well, about 30 seconds after 9 AM CST based on my phone) and was available for 3-4 minutes until stock showed depleted. Definitely lasted more than 1 minute.

It's like 100 to 0... real quick, real fucking quick.
I was on the website prior to 7 PST, top of the list was one way.
Atomic Government clock hit 7:00 game not there, went live a little after that. Sold out yet bar shows full.

PS4 STILL shows 75-100% left. Yet can't even buy it.

As others said, another Shopify F-up.
I was able to add the vita to cart up until a few minutes ago still. Now the page says sold out and no add to cart. Before the vita bar said 50%

Snagged a Vita copy. This is the type of game I think I'd rather play on a handheld at this point. Kinda wish Soldner had ported to the PS4 though, I would have bought both for that game. 

And Dragon Fantasy is not a "Big-Name" release. It will benefit from the notoriety of Limited Run Games, but it does not have significant branding backing it up. Octo-Dad and Oddworld were much bigger releases with a much bigger presence.

In the end it was another easy score from LRG.  They couldn't be handling these limited release events any better.  Props to LRG for another successful drop.  :applause:

I hope they continue to stick around the 3000 mark for each platform. 

Vita was glitched for me the entire time.  Bar never showed up at all in either Chrome or Safari. I was able to add it to the cart, but got the "sold out message every attempt from 9:00-until getting the sold out message on the item page.  Will try again later I guess.

Is there an actual story in thomas was alone? I keep seeing people mention one, but all Ive seen its just a puzzle game. Or are all the reviews talking about a story just being sarcastic?
Lol, no. Every reviewer in the field isn't just being sarcastic. It would be easy enough to look up the specifics if you're interested, but to keep things vague I'll just say it's similar to Portal, about breaking free from control and whatnot.

Vita was glitched for me the entire time. Bar never showed up at all in either Chrome or Safari. I was able to add it to the cart, but got the "sold out message every attempt from 9:00-until getting the sold out message on the item page. Will try again later I guess.
Same here. Was able to add vita to cart up until about 7:10 really, then finally showing oos.

7am I start work...
3pm still at work..

Every LRG I've ordered has been easy even though I have to order while I'm clocking in, this one no.

1 Vita for me, trend of these being easy to get continues. Also ordered Dragon Quest VII for 3DS today, not sure why because I'll never have time to play that massive game, but I felt like going all in on Dragon today.

Got on right at 9:00 Central time. Added Dragon Fantasy Vita version to cart. Looked at other Vita games and realized they weren't out for 2 more weeks. Clicked purchase via PayPal at 9:03. Got "Out of stock" error. Grrrr. Tried twice more to check out via PayPal at 9:05 and 9:07. Still got out of stock at 9:05, but purchase went through at 9:07. Something screwy in how they track inventory during the for-sale period.

Same BS as last time.  I load both games in my cart along with the plastic protectors, and when I go to check-out it says the Vita version is sold out.  Mind you, there is still 75% stock on the website for the Vita version.  So I place my order without the Vita version.  I then go back to the site and I'm able to add the Vita version to the cart and then after a few refreshes, I'm able to get the order through and pay, yet getting charged AGAIN for shipping.  This is unreal, the SAME exact thing happened to me last release.  I contacted support but they said they could refund me the shipping difference due to the way the orders are handed out to the warehouse.  Going to contact them again, this is really unacceptable and Ive been purchasing all the releases, both PS4 and Vita religiously.  So frustrating!  :shame:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  fuck

1 Vita for me, trend of these being easy to get continues. Also ordered Dragon Quest VII for 3DS today, not sure why because I'll never have time to play that massive game, but I felt like going all in on Dragon today.
I preordered my DQVII over at Amazon for the prime discount. It should show up in the mail today as it shipped a few days ago. DQ is easily my favorite RPG series... so much love for the series and even homages like the DF series.

Got on right at 9:00 Central time. Added Dragon Fantasy Vita version to cart. Looked at other Vita games and realized they weren't out for 2 more weeks. Clicked purchase via PayPal at 9:03. Got "Out of stock" error. Grrrr. Tried twice more to check out via PayPal at 9:05 and 9:07. Still got out of stock at 9:05, but purchase went through at 9:07. Something screwy in how they track inventory during the for-sale period.
Exactly, some weird glitch with the Vita versions... Hope this is fixed by next release as it happened with the last release too.

In the end it was another easy score from LRG. They couldn't be handling these limited release events any better. Props to LRG for another successful drop. :applause:

I hope they continue to stick around the 3000 mark for each platform.
We already know that's not their plan. The next two releases are far more than that and the limit is being raised to two. Hopefully they can build the business to a level where they can easily do 7500 or more per platform per release.

And Dragon Fantasy is not a "Big-Name" release. It will benefit from the notoriety of Limited Run Games, but it does not have significant branding backing it up. Octo-Dad and Oddworld were much bigger releases with a much bigger presence.
Octodad has Cartoon Network/Adult Swim to thank for it's name recognition.

I don't play PC games at all, but Suda 51 getting any type of promotion is only a good thing.

It has a few bonuses included too:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/776806919570919424

We already know that's not their plan. The next two releases are far more than that and the limit is being raised to two. Hopefully they can build the business to a level where they can easily do 7500 or more per platform per release.
Theyll only do 7500 if the dev wants it.

I'm not stoked about the PC release...but I am excited for the possibilities that this and partnerships with the likes of Spike Chunsoft could open up down the road!

Suda51 has had his hands on some interesting titles in the past - Killer7, No More Heroes, and Sine Mora to name a few. I could see a release of Sine Mora through LRG, since it's available on Vita digitally now.

I wanted the DS port of The Silver Case after playing, finishing, and loving "Flower, Sun, and Rain"... too bad that got canned.  I'm actually very interested in this if the price is good.

I'm not against it, since it'll be an actual physical release of the game on disc... vs a box with a code inside to download it. But I'd rather have a console release. 

bread's done
Back