Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Had the worst luck this time. Was on at 9:00 (I'm Central time), added Stranger's Wrath and Firewatch to my cart, went to checkout at 9:01. Was notified my cart had been emptied because both games were out of stock. Tried again, same result. Tried again at 9:06 and 9:14 and was able to add both games to my cart, but told both were out of stock when I tried to check out. Never had this happen before. Going to try again on tonight's offering and hope for better success. Congrats to all who got their triple packs. I tried, but had no success.
This is exactly what happened to me.

I thought it was 10am PST for some reason and woke up to see my twitter feed blow up from LRG. It was already 7:14 PST and both showed as OOS in my checkout. I spammed Firewatch and eventually lucked out and got a copy from someone whose cart had expired. 

Had the worst luck this time. Was on at 9:00 (I'm Central time), added Stranger's Wrath and Firewatch to my cart, went to checkout at 9:01. Was notified my cart had been emptied because both games were out of stock. Tried again, same result. Tried again at 9:06 and 9:14 and was able to add both games to my cart, but told both were out of stock when I tried to check out. Never had this happen before. Going to try again on tonight's offering and hope for better success. Congrats to all who got their triple packs. I tried, but had no success.
Not sure what path you chose for the purchase, but my best time with the least stress was with just using Safari on my iphone. No muss or fuss like my pc which frustrated me so bad with LRG that I gave up collecting the games because it was just too much stress and trouble. Ultimately this was a good thing as it let me check myself a bit with my purchases and only buy games I was legit hyped to own in physical form.

I've yet to miss one of these release days, and I'm using the nightmare of all browsers (Firefox) when it comes to bugs and errors at inopportune times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firewatch is probably the best game they have offered as of now. Also probably in some early game of the year conversations and from what I could see, it was the most heavily advertised release of theirs yet. Tons of sites had articles about it yesterday.

Plus it has one of the better LRG cover arts as well. Only ps4 game I've bought from them and I have all the vita releases
Firewatch was definitely the LRG release that I've been the most excited for, Shantae being the second, and Skullgirls being third. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Firewatch ends up being in the top 3 most expensive LRG Ps4 releases on the secondhand market, even with a print run of 7.3k.

This is the first LRG sale I've not been able to get an order in time. I logged in at 9:04 and although Vita copies were still available, it kept saying sold out in my cart. Seems like they updated the site for this one and it didn't work as well.
Just because qty's are shown, that does not mean they have them. If you came by 4 minutes after these went live, you where probably 2:30 minutes to late at that point.

I forgot about the Stealth Inc on BF, and I came 20 minutes late, but in that case, it wasn't an issue. For some of these releases, you have to be ready right when they go live, and then, you shouldn't have an issue, but never follow that qty counter, as it's not accurate EVER!

It has been said that the counter takes in to account orders that are in the check out process, so if it shows 50, and 50 customers are at the Paypal screen, those 50 are already spoken for.

Another recommendation I would make, is to get super popular titles one in the morning, and get the other in the afternoon. Sometimes trying to add several things to your cart and still check out, just ain't going to happen. Yes, you have to pay shipping twice, but it's a small price to pay to insure you get a copy.

As others have stated, I have gotten every game I wanted, but I have been boned in the morning trying to get several items at once, so I stopped that after the first time it didn't work out.

I loaded the site 2 minutes in and it was already down to about 600 copies. I added Firewatch to my cart and tried to checkout but it said it was sold out. Not to be deterred I tried again and on my 10th attempt or so I seemed to be able to grab a copy someone must not have wanted and removed from their cart. So I just barely got a copy this morning. I can't believe how fast these things sell out.

I loaded the site 2 minutes in and it was already down to about 600 copies. I added Firewatch to my cart and tried to checkout but it said it was sold out. Not to be deterred I tried again and on my 10th attempt or so I seemed to be able to grab a copy someone must not have wanted and removed from their cart. So I just barely got a copy this morning. I can't believe how fast these things sell out.
Same thing here. Has every game been like this? I have only bought Oddworld: New & Tasty personally from LRG.

Same thing here. Has every game been like this? I have only bought Oddworld: New & Tasty personally from LRG.
I have never had any issues with their online ordering process.

Get there at 9:55, log in to LRG, set paypal to one-touch, open pages for games you'd like to buy, reload at 10, Checkout.

Easy peasy

For me no, I've ordered every Vita release with the exception of Breach and Clear and never had an issue. I missed the 10 AM time by two minutes this time due to pesky work and the game was already sold out. Typically you've got at least 5 minutes or more to make the purchase before sell out, this went real fast.

Get there at 9:55, log in to LRG, set paypal to one-touch, open pages for games you'd like to buy, reload at 10, Checkout.

Easy peasy
I normally do that, but I thought there were more games so I missed doing everything in one order. You do that on a PC or your phone?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

How does one set PayPal to one touch? Are you talking about doing that on mobile?

And I hate getting charged state and county tax - added about $10 to my order. :(

Easy peasy

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally do that, but I thought there were more games so I missed doing everything in one order. You do that on a PC or your phone?
All depends where I am. If I'm at work I do everything on my phone, but if I'm in my girlfriend's bed I do everything on her computer.

How does one set PayPal to one touch? Are you talking about doing that on mobile?

And I hate getting charged state and county tax - added about $10 to my order. :(
Not sure about one touch, but I just log into Paypal on a separate tab in my browser. That at least saves me the trouble of having to log into Paypal once I'm in the cart.

Some games last minutes, some hours, and some days. It depends on the title, the demand, and the qty's produced. Lone survivor is the next Vita game, and that one will probably last awhile, I doubt seriously that that one will be gone in minutes.

Im glad they are using the "pre-order" method for Skullgirls. After these games sold out in 90 seconds, I would probably be having an anxiety attack trying to make sure I got Skullgirls in time, as it's going to be my most highly desired LRG game. But the pre-order system has eliminated all of that grief. I hope more games start getting that treatment. 

Im glad they are using the "pre-order" method for Skullgirls. After these games sold out in 90 seconds, I would probably be having an anxiety attack trying to make sure I got Skullgirls in time, as it's going to be my most highly desired LRG game. But the pre-order system has eliminated all of that grief. I hope more games start getting that treatment.
I'm pretty sure LRG has already said the preorder method will not be done often, but on very rare occasions, so don't look for it to often.

I feel so bad for yall who missed out. Wish you luck at 6!

Ive never had to resort to the second wave but oh man I'd be out of my mind with fear of missing it lol. I post here and on the lrg forums, I'd hope between them I could find someone selling an extra near retail. I'd double up for that exact reason if I could afford it.

Firewatch was definitely the LRG release that I've been the most excited for, Shantae being the second, and Skullgirls being third. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Firewatch ends up being in the top 3 most expensive LRG Ps4 releases on the secondhand market, even with a print run of 7.3k.
Yeah me neither. I was going to buy a second copy of firewatch and donate it to the charity auction at an upcoming convention because I think it would go for a decent bit over $35 but there is no guarantee that i would get them in time and I'm too lazy to personally sell anything so id just be stuck with a second copy

Morons are already buying blue label Stranger's Wrath for $120 on ebay so I'm sure it will be next to impossible to get if there is a 2nd run.

Quantities are limited to 1 for evening batch. Probably should've been like that this morning too.
Yeah I agree. I hope they still will randomly send out some of the blue cover variant with the second batch. I was able to get an order in for it this time around, but really want that variant cover. I'll be happy to just have the physical copy, but I want that rare rare dammit!

Ah. Ok. They're probably just super busy and delayed in mailing them. That's fine with me. Was just worried it got lost in the mail.
Josh noted some pages back that there's a delay with USPS, and they've actually told them not to drop them off to them yet, as they're really backed up, so there is some delay with the packages.

The less time it spends at the post office, the less chance something bad will happen to the package. At least if they have it, they'll know where the package is for the time being. ;D

Had to wait in the checkout line, but I got Oddworld! Had to pay for shipping twice since I ordered Firewatch earlier in the day. Too close!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back